Good Times (A Mario Party 10...

بواسطة supersader9

I've been addicted to Mario Party ever since I got Mario Party Superstars for Christmas. Since I love that ga... المزيد

Author's Note

Good Times

14 0 0
بواسطة supersader9

It was another beautiful day in the Mushroom Kingdom. Everything is going lively in Toad Town. All the Toads were walking around shopping, stopping by at cafés, busy with their businesses, or just chatting with each other. Toad and Toadette are carrying five pieces of stapled paper. These papers hold invitations to another Mario Party, and they are just three pages.

"This is going to be so exciting Toad!" Toadette exclaimed.

"I know Toadette. It's been a long time since they've been to the village." Toad said. "I couldn't keep track on how long it's been."

"Too long maybe." Toadette answered for him. "Do you think the village has changed?"

"Well, for one thing the village has a new name;" Toad said. "Mushroom Village Square. As for changed I think there will be one involving the minigames. Ever heard of Mt. Minigames?"

Toadette shook her head. "No I haven't. What's it about?"

"It sounds like a fun place." Toad answered. "All I know about it is that you can practice minigames and try out some challenges."

"That does sound like fun." Toadette agreed. "How many people are we inviting?"

"We are inviting 10 people this time." Toad answered. "We are inviting Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Princess Daisy, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Birdo, Princess Rosalina, and Donkey Kong." He looks at Toadette who now has a sad smile. "Is something wrong?"

"It's just that I'm going to miss joining in on the party. Not as guides though. Remember our previous adventure?" Toadette asked.

Toad gasped. "I did. Our adventure through Mushroom Park to Bowser's chaos castle. I don't think Rosalina and Donkey Kong will be happy about us not joining them. What are we gonna say to them?"

"I don't know. We'll just have to tell them and hope for the best." Toadette answered sadly.

"Well," Toad continued, "let's hand out those invitations."

Toad and Toadette keep on walking. They stopped by Mushroom Castle and saw Peach and Daisy having tea and cake for their girl time. They took the invitations from the two mushrooms and gave them their acceptance. Next they went to Mario and Luigi's house, and knocked on the door. The two plumbers answered the door, and Toad and Toadette handed them their invitations. Mario and Luigi were both pumped up for another Mario Party. Toad and Toadette smiled and wished the brothers well. Toad and Toadette then travelled via warp pipe to Yoshi's Island; looking for one Yoshi in particular. What they didn't expect to find was Yoshi and Birdo having a picnic together with fruit to eat. They turned to the two mushroom people as they came closer to the couple. Toad and Toadette handed their invitations, and Yoshi and Birdo gave out a thumbs up. Toad and Toadette travelled through a warp pipe again and they found themselves in front of a mansion called the Wario Manor. They made it just in time too. Wario and Waluigi were about to exit the manor's gate. Probably for some other scheme they have in mind. Not wanting to interfere in whatever danger they could possibly put themselves into, Toad and Toadette tossed their invitations to the ground quickly and jumped back into the pipe. They can only hope Wario and Waluigi both noticed. They have two invitations left and they sat on a bench in front of a sports building to catch their breath. The sun was close to setting.

"Whew, that was a lot of work." Toadette breathed out.

"You can say that again." Toad said. "We only have two invitations left."

"Should we travel via warp pipe again?" Toadette asked. "I don't know about Rosalina but I know we could travel to the jungle there. Donkey Kong could still be there."

"Actually," a woman's voice spoke. "me and Donkey Kong are about to invite you two over for a round of badminton."

Toad and Toadette jumped in surprise to see the star princess Rosalina and the huge ape Donkey Kong holding up gym bags.

"R-Rosalina, Donkey Kong!" Toad stuttered. "So good to see you two. You said you're going to invite me and Toadette for a badminton match?"

Rosalina and Donkey Kong chuckled at Toad's cute stutters. "Likewise Toad. Are you two free for badminton?"

Toad and Toadette glanced at each other in worry, and then Toadette spoke. "Of course we are." she answered. "We don't have our badminton gear though."

"Hmmm," Rosalina pondered. "the gym might have extra gear inside for you two. Why don't we find out?"

"Sure." Toadette answered. "Thanks guys."

The foursome entered the gym. Rosalina was right. Toad and Toadette were in luck when Yellow Toad was nice enough to bring them badminton rackets they can borrow. The four then approached a net and started their match. It was Toad and Donkey Kong vs. Toadette and Rosalina this time. Teams switch every time the foursome get together to play a round of badminton. The goal for their matches is to win at least 20 points, and that usually takes about a half hour.

And a half hour later went by. Toadette and Rosalina won with a score of 20 - 16. The teams shook hands indicating it was a good game. As the foursome gathered their bags, Donkey Kong noticed on the bench the two invitations. He picked them up and made his noises to catch Rosalina's attention. When Toad and Toadette saw what Donkey Kong was holding, they gulped. Rosalina took her invitation as well and the two read their invitations. They then turned their heads to the two mushroom people.

"We didn't know you were gonna invite us to a party." Rosalina said.

"Uhh..." Toad trailed off, sweating.

Donkey Kong flipped the invitation to show them to the Toads.

"Yeah," Rosalina said again, "you have two invitations left. Were they for us? Have you two gotten your invitations yet?"

Toad and Toadette glanced at each other nervously. They had no idea what to do nor how to explain this to Rosalina and Donkey Kong. They then both sighed. There was no way to get around this. It was time to tell them the truth.

Toad started to speak first. "Actually, these invitations are for you two. As for me and Toadette, we're..." he trailed off.

Toadette finished for Toad. "We are not going to play on the boards with you two and the others at the Village Square. Toad is going to be one of the guides alongside Koopa, and I'll be handing out the stars to those who land on the Star Space. We're so sorry guys."

Rosalina and Donkey Kong became shocked. Toad and Toadette not playing on the boards? And they've been doing this for most of the party adventures they've been on, and those parties Donkey Kong wasn't playing on. Not to mention Rosalina had only been on one adventure; that was it.

Donkey Kong made his sad noises. Rosalina nodded and turned to the Toads sadly.

"Donkey Kong is really going to miss partying with you guys." Rosalina said.

"I know," Toad gulped, "but it is what it is in some cases." He looks at his watch. "It's getting late. We should head home. Have a good night guys."

Toadette slowly followed behind. "Yeah, good night guys."

The two Toads exit the gym at the dark of night as Rosalina and Donkey Kong watch them leave. The next morning Toad parked his car in front of a café to get himself a quick breakfast. Toadette arrived shortly and they both entered the café in silence. They ordered chocolate donuts and found a table with a couch with enough room for two people to sit at. They sat next to each other and ate in silence.

"No coffee?" a voice asked.

Toad and Toadette's eyes widened at the voice. They looked up to see Rosalina and Donkey Kong about to sit at the same table. Donkey Kong sat across from Toad and Rosalina sat next to him. Donkey Kong had with him a bunch of donuts while Rosalina just had coffee.

"Wh-What are you guys doing here?" Toad asked in surprise.

"We both honestly thought you wouldn't accept those party invitations or didn't want to talk to us after what we told you both after our tennis session." Toadette said.

Rosalina and Donkey Kong both chuckled. "You honestly think we wouldn't be a trope ever again after that?" Rosalina asked bewildered.

Toad and Toadette both nodded uncertain. Donkey Kong shook his head and slid out an old photograph. Toad took it and Toadette looked over his shoulder. What Donkey Kong handed out was a small group from their first party adventure. There was Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Toad. Toad got what DK was trying to tell him; this is going to be like the old days. The mushroom person looked back up at the ape and nodded.

"Just like the old days." Toad confirmed. "If I'm going to be honest with you guys, I'm going to miss playing on these boards with you."

Toadette nodded. "Same here. I had a blast." she agreed.

Rosalina took a sip of her coffee. "I had fun too. Heck, I think we all did." Everyone nodded in agreement. "Do you guys remember our first adventure at Mushroom Park?"

"Oh yeah!" Toadette answered. "I remember that! We were leaving Peach's castle to go on our very own adventure. I think she offered us some tea, but we declined."

"When we told her about the four of us going on an adventure, she told us to be careful and who knows if any of Bowser's minions are lurking around." Toad added.

Donkey Kong nodded; then pointed at his face and fur before trying to hide his arms under the table.

"Oh that's right!" Toadette recalled. "We had a short trip to the first tower and we fought a giant goomba. It was more like the basic goomba stomping like how Mario does it."

"And we had to watch out for the waddlewings." Toad reminded. "Those are a pain."

"But at least after the tower comes the main park." Toadette added happily.

Donkey Kong happily made his ape noises and with his big hands motioned the rides. The bullet bill ride, the wiggler roller coaster, the airship ride and the spinning blooper ride.

"Right. We did go on all those rides, didn't we?" Rosalina asked. Donkey Kong nodded.

"And then there was the big castle." Toadette said. "We threw bombs at Petey Pirahna."

Toad sighed contently. "That was a good time. After that we moved on to 'Haunted Trail', right?" he asked.

The rest of the trope shuddered. "Don't even remind us of that." Rosalina reminded. "We got haunted by Boos for crying out loud."

"But what about the streetlights?" Toadette asked. "They drove the Boos away. Too bad we lost some mini stars along the way."

"And you know where those streetlights lead to?" Rosalina asked disapprovingly. "They lead to the tower with a giant Sledge Hammer Bro and the castle with King Boo inside."

"But at least we're still in one piece." Toadette said brightly. The trope gave her a look that asks "Seriously"? The pink Toad lady looked at their expressions. "What?"

Toad ate a chocolate donut uncomfortably. He swallowed his bite after some chewing and got back to the conversation.

"M-Moving on!" Toad stuttered. "Remember the Whimsical Waters? It was a place full of treasures."

Rosalina chuckled and sipped her coffee. "I remember those treasures." she answered. "That dragoneel was very nice. We collected more mini stars and dice blocks."

"And let's not forget how cool the submarine looks!" Toadette reminded. Donkey Kong nods excitedly. "See? Even DK agrees with me." The two high five.

"But I'm sure we've got obstacles to deal with as well right?" Toad asked.

The others nodded. "Are they the ones where there are two spinners that choose which path you have to take and the Cheep Cheeps take you to that decided path by force?" Toad asked. "One path leads to the mini stars and the good spaces and another path leads to the mini ztars and the bad spaces. There isn't even dragoneel treasure to collect that first time. And we have to roll a certain number to break open that gate at the near end of the castle?"

Rosalina nodded. "Yep; those are the very obstacles." she confirmed. "And we had our fights with a mega Cheep Chomp and the mega Blooper. You know? Firing shells using a cannon and matching tiles?" Everyone nodded remembering those battles.

Donkey Kong fiddled with his big fingers and whistled. Toadette noticed and looked at him with concern. "What's wrong DK?" she asked. "Is it that time while battling the mega cheep chomp we hit some cheep cheeps while it was mad?"

That made the entire trope laugh. Those poor cheep cheeps did not see that coming.

"Anyway," Rosalina said. "what was after Whimsical Waters?"

The trope thought for a moment, then raised their fists as this was their usual team cheer.

"Airship Central!" the trope cheered.

"I loved Airship Central!" Toadette exclaimed dreamily. "Can you all imagine flying on an airplane into the sky? Not to mention we get to fly onto the airships. Heck, they would even switch. I don't know why, but to me flying in the sky is like a paradise."

The others chuckled at Toadette's cuteness. Toad then shuddered and wrapped his arms around himself.

"I think I may had been a little airsick from flying?" Toad asked. "I don't know. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. I did have one fear of flying. B-But I'm over it now! I promise!" He waved his hands frantically.

"But there is one terrifying thing we went through." Rosalina said after sipping some more coffee. "After our battle with the mega monty mole on its' balloon, we had to go through a tunnel of storm clouds and Bowser's airship attacking on certain spaces."

Toadette sighed. "I had fun fighting back that monty mole." she said, then covered her mouth. "No offense to those monty moles, but that one was really mean."

Toad chuckled, then patted Toadette on the back. "You're good." he reassured.

"Anyway yes. We can all agree those storm clouds are so scary." she said. "We lost half of our mini stars."

The four remembered the storm and Bowser's airship attacking. Toadette looked back as Rosalina was driving the airplane they are on. Toad and Donkey Kong sat between the lady Toad. After Rosalina on a space that was safe, Bowser's airship fired some bullet bills.

"ALL HANDS ON DECK!" Toadette shouted on top of her lungs.

Back to reality, Toadette scratched the back of her mushroom embarrassed. "I didn't mean for that to come out." she said softly.

"But I'll admit it was kinda funny of you to say that." Toad pointed out. "I think we were all too scared to care, right?"

Rosalina nodded while Donkey Kong shrugged and ate a donut whole.

Toadette shrugged too. "Guess not everyone was that afraid. That's what you got to be when you are a Superstar; fearless." Toadette pointed out. "But there's always light at the end of the tunnel."

Rosalina slapped herself gently. "Right." she remembered. "At the end of the storm there was a cannon and we escaped. Well, so did Bowser's airship."

Donkey Kong moved his fists in a punching motion, but didn't hit anyone.

"Like DK was trying to tell us, we fought back." Toadette said with determination. "We used cannons instead of power ups and fists though. And we had to hit the airship ten times. Hope that wasn't exhausting."

Everyone shook their heads. When it comes to adventure, there's always a fight. At least Bowser stopped attacking them. When they did defeat the airship, it came crashing down and the four returned to the main route and made it to the homestretch.

Rosalina leaned back on the couch. "Then at the castle is the fight with Kamek, and we had our own airplanes too." she said. "Not sure if anyone saw any fireworks we caused."

"Ooh, I hope they did!" Toadette said excitedly nearly jumping on her seat.

"And as the sun sets, we move on to Bowser's castle." Rosalina said grimly.

Bowser's castle, or Chaos Castle, was on their minds now. It was where their final battle had ensured. Before the final battle did happen though, there were other things to take care of.

"They locked up one of our buddies in the GamePad!" Toad pointed out angrily. "This I would not stand!"

"And while we were doing that," Toadette said with a shudder. "we had to get past more of Bowser's minions. We started with dodging the lava bubbles, and it was a narrow escape." The others nodded in agreement.

"We even avoided the charvaaarghs." Toad reminded. "That was scary. I think we even landed those unlucky spaces; or one of us did."

Everyone looked at each other and shrugged. They have no idea how many times one person or persons have landed on those unlucky spaces. Probably too many to count anyways.

"But we got through and fought a mega mechakoopa at the tower. Easy stomping once again like the mega goomba." Rosalina said with confidence. "And that tower was next to the castle, so we were just one step closer." Rosalina's face then turned grim. "And then after that...into the castle we go." Donkey Kong nodded grimly as well.

Donkey Kong made climbing motions with his hands, then with one hand he pushed his other hand and it fell down on the table.

"Right!" Toadette remembered. "We had to climb the walls to get to Bowser's room, but there are skewers at the ready. Once again, not sure if anyone did hit those unlucky spaces. There were a ton of them I bet. We had to start over on another wall."

"But getting to the top is worth it." Toad reminded. "We made it to the homestretch!"

"But don't forget Bowser's room." Rosalina reminded eerily; making the rest of the trope creeped. "Bowser was straight ahead breathing out fire at us after we each take a turn."

Toad, Toadette and Donkey Kong shuddered in fear.

"S-Surely there are safe spots away from that firey breath right?" Toad asked hopefully.

Rosalina nodded. "Indeed." she answered simply.

That made the others sigh in relief.

"And even more good news; we're all still alive right?" Toadette asked. Everyone nodded in agreement. "And we had our final fight with Bowser."

"Yeah; in tanks!" Toad exclaimed. "I thought the tanks kicked butt! It did take time, but we destroyed Bowser's too and defeated him...or at least we thought we did the first time."

The trope then remembered that moment after they destroyed Bowser's tank. Bowser was nervous when he saw his tank is about to explode. When it did, Bowser was launched into the lava and he sank. Beams came out from where Bowser sank in the lava, and to everyone's shock came out a giant Dry Bowser. After an earth shattering roar from the monster skeleton koopa king, the trope fought again while avoiding all of Dry Bowser's attacks. The battle went on until sunrise. When the final hit was done, Dry Bowser shattered and that was it for the koopa king. Back to the present time.

"But at least we did defeat him for real." Toadette pointed out. "And that was it. We finished our adventure."

Everyone cheered and high fived each other. They finished eating their snacks by then. After eating, they threw out their garbage and left the café.

"So...you both don't have to, but would you like to come to the village square for another party?" Toadette asked nervously. "We both aren't asking for forgiveness here, but..."

She was interrupted when Rosalina patted her shoulder. "You both are the best teammates we had." Rosalina said. "And we aren't mad. We were wondering if we would be a party team like old times. Of course we'll be coming to the village square. Wish us luck on getting those stars from you."

Toad and Toadette smiled and gave Rosalina and Donkey Kong a thumbs up. "You bet!" Toad said.

And with that, the four went on their separate ways for their trip home. This next Mario Party, full of new and old things, should be interesting for sure without Toad and Toadette joining in on collecting stars to become the Superstar.

THE END

A/N: Sorry if this one shot sucks. I don't think this is my best work yet. I still tried anyway. If you want some good news though; all chapters for "Summer Plans" are all set and ready to go. That actually motivated me to write this one shot again. Well, that should be it for now. Until next time, supersader9 out.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

296K 8.9K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
644K 32.4K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
Captive of the Sea بواسطة Allie

الخيال (فانتازيا)

4.8M 255K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...