Found Broken

By AvengerA5Demigod

Dealing with one man was bad enough, and now Riley was in a house with six. Who knows who are arrogant and wh... More

Prologue
▄▀▄ Cast ▀▄▀
Chapter :- Glance in past
Chapter 1 Threat
Chapter 2 Mansion
Chapter 3 Breakfast
Chapter 4 Hoodie
Chapter 5 Girlfriend
Chapter 6 Songs
Chapter 7 Detached
Chapter 8 Bipolar
Chapter 9 Aftereffects
Chapter 10 Uniform
Chapter 11 Arcade
Chapter 12 School
Chapter 13 Okay
Chapter 14 Friends
Chapter 16 Drama
Chapter 17 Pizza
Chapter 18 Nights
Chapter 19 Questions
Chapter 20 Therapist
Chapter 21 Lame weekend
Chapter 22 Losing Her
Chapter 23 pt 2 Near Her
Chapter 24 Confession
Chapter 25 Flashbacks
Chapter 26 Glitch
Chapter 27 Cramps and Talks
Chapter 28 Changes
Chapter 29 Frustation
Chapter 30 What?
Chapter 31 Mom
Chapter 32 Maths
Chapter 33 Therapy
Chapter 34 Exams and Stress
Chapter 35 French fries
Chapter 36 Dreams again?
Chapter 37 The Library
Chapter 38 Dear Diary
Chapter 39 Taking Hits
Chapter 40 part I: Parting
Chapter 40 part II
Chapter 41 Hurried Rush

Chapter 15 Night owl

232 7 1
By AvengerA5Demigod

Chapter's going to be long

WAKE THE FUCK UP

WAKE THE FUCK UP
OH MY GOD IS THAT TOM HOLLAND!?

Riley's alarm rang, making her jump again, and to switch it off. It was 6:30 am. She sighed, flicking her braids from yesterday aside. She got out of warm blanket into the cold surroundings. Sitting there for a minute, she extended her arm to get her bottle.

Her mom always told her to drink warm water after getting up. But she guessed she had forgotten to fill the bottle as she was too much sleepy. Her stomach and legs were hurting still.

She shook the bottle, to hear water splashing, so she opened the lid and drank the water. It was warm. But she didn't remember filling her bottle yesterday.

Shrugging it off for now, Riley finally stood up, and went to bathroom, for brushing teeth. She then took a quick bath and started to get ready for school.

'I looked fat in my school dress. Who am I kidding? I always look fat.'

She was never so self conscious but it rubbed off her after her mom was gone.

Riley sighed, tying her ribbons to her newly made, messy braids. She never applied makeup, except at the day of annual functions. She climbed downstairs, no longer feeling sleepy now, never did after a bath, but it took her great bribing to myself to bring myself to bath. She promised herself that if she did something, she will get something. The trick always worked.

Today Jason was present downstairs, making an omelette for them. Chris and Myles were sitting on their chairs, as Riley came down with her bag dangling on her shoulders. She kept it near her chair, going near Jason, and taking four plates, assuming he was hungry too.

'Please be hungry'

Riley set it on the kitchen table as Jason smiled, putting one in each. He chatted with her while doing so, "Good morning" He said.

"Morning" She replied, because no morning was good as it ruins her sleep.

And sanity.

"Night owl like me huh?" Jason asked, laughing softly, as they both took two plates and kept it on dining table.

Chris set down his phone on which he was texting someone, and Myles took both their plates and pushed one towards him.

Riley suddenly remembered last night. She had completely forgotten that, she had to write it in my diary today.

They were eating the still hot omelette when Jason spoke, "your lunch boxes are ready, sorry any of us wasn't free yesterday, and servants were on a holiday, but I hope you ate from canteen and helped Riley. I've prepared the food for you all, so you may go now, or you'll be getting late."

He said, as they nodded. Riley didn't even knew whether a canteen existed, and even she knew, she was broke.

"Guess you were still sleeping when we were waiting for you" Chris mumbled, as Jason gave him a look.

"We have jobs Christopher, surely you remember that" Jason said, in a low tone, giving Riley chills. If Jason had spoken like that to her, she would be running off at other way.

Chris got silent.

They all got up, as Jason gave them their lunch boxes, Riley filled her water bottle, one she always kept with her in case she needed water. She had this condition.

Riley went to Jase as he gave her a grey coloured metal lunch box, totally plain, just as she wanted it. She thanked him, as he smiled brightly.

'That's why we call 'thanks' a golden word, it made everyone smile' and that was why she used it on daily basis.

Riley could bet that Jason never heard that word in the morning, and it almost made her smile that he was happy. She went in the front room, where the twins were waiting for her.

Riley went with them to garage and even today they took only one car. She hoped she get to hear songs today. She couldn't take my phone, as it was not allowed, but she swore she saw Myles slipping his phone in his pocket, just like Chris.

Today Myles drove the car. Still there were no songs played. These boys surely lived a boring life. And that's why Riley, as a last remedy for not panicking, started singing in her mind.

And to the fella over there with hella good hair won't you come on over baby we can shake, shake, shake

And by the end of the four songs, they reached their school. It was too less time, but Riley had utilised it nicely. Throughout the ride, none of them spoke so she enjoyed the peaceful unawkward silence.

She got out with Chris as Myles went forward to park the car. Then something magical happened.

"You've memorised your class's way right?" Chris spoke to me.

"Yeah" I replied, still in shock, but not looking at him.

'Christopher spoke to me!! '

Her brother finally spoke to her. Even though it sounded really careless, but it made her feel better. Of course she didn't smile in front of them, but as she went forward alone, she was grinning ear to ear.

Now only if he could forgive her for the day she shouted at him.

Riley climbed stairs twice, entered the class, and in her tune, almost ran into someone, but they both turned away on last moment.

She muttered an apology, and without looking at who the person was and if he ever replied, embarrassedly went near Amber.

Amber was smiling at Riley, and motioned to the empty place near her. Sophie was sitting behind her with a girl of her height, small curly hair, and specs.

Riley nodded gladly at Amber and sat near her. It was her last resort, as she knew no one in class.

'But you knew Parker', a low voice in ger mind said, which I brushed off.

"You almost ran into Ryan" Amber said, making Riley look at who Ryan was again. He was outside the class and chatting with Myles and Chris. He knew them too? Her brothers were quite famous.

Ryan, she observed had neatly cut but still curly hair, and he was almost as tall as her, but she was still taller. Riley sighed. He looked like a character mix of Percy Jackson and William Herondale.

'Why are all good looking boys shorter than me?'

"It was a mistake, I didn't even look who it was" Riley said laughing at her misery.

"Anyways, this is Nancy Kolband" Amber introduced her to the girl sitting with Sophie who waved at her, and Riley waved back smiling.

Like she always could, she saw Parker walking towards them, and Riley suddenly got so interested in her tie. He walked towards Ryan who was now alone and he looked at her suddenly.

'Way to ruin my life'

Riley averted her gaze somewhere else, she hated making eye contact, but she could also be an expert at it, but looking at Ryan gave a feeling in her stomach.

She didn't know what that was, but was sure it wasn't the butterflies. It felt like what she felt when she looked at Parker, so that feeling was NOT good.

"Why did Parker look sadly at you and looked like he wanted to say something?" Sophie asked suddenly.

As Riley was going to reply  that she didn't know, all kids rushed inside the class, saying that Miss Collin had come. Riley thanked her teacher a lot.

And soon she entered, carrying their English Literature book, the class greeted her. She kept her book on table, and came directly towards her and Amber.

"Riley, someone told me you are interested in drama class?" She asked, as now whole class was looking at them.

"Yes mam, may I still join?" Riley asked, hoping she would refuse and sadly say that 'I'm sorry Riley, you can't join from between' but she smiled at her, "yes dear, you may still join"

"The extra curriculum class starts one month after school, so you are not late" Miss Collin told her. Riley thanked her and sat down.

Their teacher then started our chapter, an extract from Three Men In A Boat, a lesson named Packing.

Amber poked Riley, as the latter looked at her with a questioning look. "Drama classes start from tomorrow, first day, as the old teacher left. You weren't that late to join" She said to her.

"Oh, and Ryan and Parker are in that class, and I'm too" She added.

Riley just sighed at her luck. At least she wouldn't deal with the old teacher. She should tell that to Theo and Jason.

Next class was of of English too, and Miss Collin continued her story as Riley was doodling on the corner of her book. She wasn't good at drawing unlike all female leads around her age in any book. But she had command on my words.

Third class of social studies, they continued the Russian Revolution. The Bolsheviks were doing a lot of things. It was a hard chapter but they had to cover it.

In lunch break, even when Amber invited her for sitting with them, Riley politely declined, telling them about her situation.

Amber just frowned and went with Sophie and Nancy in other direction. Now even if that made Riley feel guilty, but she couldn't leave her friends.

She took out her physics worksheet, and took her lunch box to where they sat yesterday. Her friends were already sitting there. Riley waved her sheet at them as they nodded gratefully. They had three sections of Grade 9/ Freshman year.

The girls were in other one and boys in other. They discussed the topic of Motion, Fred and George cracking jokes in between. It was fun, bad they weren't in her class. During break, Riley didn't even look up, and she hoped no one was looking at her.

Then as bell rang, they collected their homework and rushed back to their classes, saying goodbye hurriedly.

Riley didn't like doing homework during lunch, but she wasn't there when Motion was taught so they were explaining her, and Riley couldn't say that she had the chapter in her book too. But they decided to talk from tomorrow and not be tooo nerdy.

As Riley entered the class she noticed that each girl was looking at her. Especially a girl sitting in last row fourth bench, in third row, Parker and Ryan were sitting together of fifth/last bench. And as she turned around, their maths teacher entered.

Mrs Kandasa was a short but irritating woman. She started the second lesson (Polynomials)'s second exercise 2.2 when Riley told her that she was a newcomer, she excused her, giving a warning to complete her book till next Monday. She made Nancy give her book to her of completion.

Nancy nodded, smiling and told Riley, "I'll give you just after the class ends" And the latter nodded. Then teacher said that they will continue exercise tomorrow. The kids groaned collectively as mam went out of the class.

"Good riddance" Sophie said as we all nodded.

Next class was of Biology and today mam didn't teach about Adipose tissue but gave us notes of Cells chapter. She said that she got the notes late and Riley was happy she wasn't late. We wrote the whole time, finishing four questions.

Then they continued the same in next class, as their physics teacher were on leave. Her hands ached as she had to write too much.

Next three classes passed easily as they were of Chemistry, Social studies (again) and Physics (off) and soon Riley was back at house. She took Nancy's book, and started to complete her maths book.

Today was not much eventful. Riley wrote in her diary. The boys didn't talk to me while coming home. I guess they were tired too. But hey Christopher talked to me!

Riley got a text from Amber, as she promised to send notes of History.
At least she got left alone, and undisturbed.

But Riley had a feeling that something was wrong and she didn't know the reason, but she couldn't shake it away. She hoped this wasn't anything related to Derek, as she'd got that feeling on days he would beat her.

And then Riley ran for dinner, not wanting to be late.

I, I, I shake it off... But that feeling comes back.

➹➷➹➷➹➷

Phew! The chapter is long! I'm proud of myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 5.7K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
108K 2K 139
POWER| Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for h...
3.6K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
12.3K 249 20
Sunny, a girl who lost her mother two years ago. Her father constantly rapes, beats, and abuses her. Over and over again. She goes through her daily...