AGAINST ALL ODDS [The Golden...

By Zion204

[every chapter contains 2-5k word counts or more, depends to the author. which means Longer Chapters! so enjo... More

Introduction
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 2

528 21 1
By Zion204

"Helllooooo"

Calling out, Donghai accepted the invitation coming from Sun Wukong. So of course she's now standing a few feet away from the waterfall. Beside her is Tripitaka who's Flipping through pages with his new Book. She bought it for him anyways. "Monkey king! It's me Donghai!" She called out. She can't enter the kings Abode since it's sealed with a secret Power or something. And only Mk and him could open it

"Kid!"

Popping out the Entrance, Wukong immediately Grabbed her inside with a large Grin. Followed by His master getting dragged along Tripitaka Awed once he's inside the kings territory. "You came! Just in time! I was busy Pushing these junks off" Pointing behind him. A pile of cloths and Boxes are scattered. Filled with old objects and maybe even cursed one Wukong Pushed them aside. "Whew I really thought you won't come though! Since like You're always with Mk and Mei!" Well since they're best friends the three would always stick around causing ruckus.

"Well I am! But Since you asked with such Pretty Handwriting. I said Why not?! Trip also felt like it to beat you with cards!"

"Who says I'll play cards with you? You see I'm reading Here?"

"Wow what a bummer Trip"

Crossing her arms, the king only Chuckled. "Need help with these?" Asking, The king Shrugged and Let's her help around arranging a few boxes.

Also Donghai has another reason as to why she's here.

"Hey Monkey king is Mk Training a lot lately?"

"Why'd you ask?"

Tilting his head, he skillfully used his Tail to Balance the boxes and stack them up. "He trains but I'm not that mean to overtrain him. I have schedules for him and his routines! See?" Grabbing out a folded paper, he then showed it to her. "What's the catch? Is he okay?" That boy May be Active and jumps around a bit too much but if ever he's in trouble well Expect some Angry mentor coming to the rescue.

"No. But he's been acting weird these days, he doesn't even wear his Bandana and ties his hair in low ponytail?"

"Oh? Well now that's the thing I need to see! My Succesor changing looks?!"

He always sees his boy wearing that iconic Bandana and his Yellow Jacket. It just matches to him and the color of his Staff. But changing his looks? Boy he's on to see it! "Also Mk and Mei are up to something that I'm quite Confused. Like something about phase 1 and 2? Well that's all I heard" Those two talking are like a Whisper, she can't hear anything and in the end she gave up and focused on her deliveries.

"Weeeell my Small Cicada why don't you try and ask Mk and Mei?"

"I should?"

"Yeah!" Jumping towards her, Wukong wrapped his arms around her shoulders and Grinned "you guys are buddies! Mei seems good to go and Mk is your Chaos Delivery boy Am I right?" He Grinned, and well. Yeah Maybe asking them won't be that bad. "Oh poor Child" as for our Monk.

Tripitaka heard everything and what's up with those kids. And oh boy He's rooting for Mk and Mei.

"Well I can't ruin the fun. Those kiddos need to learn" they're still young and has a lot of room to put their Boxes In filled with knowledge and experience. "Hey monkey king You Missed a scroll!" Picking up the black scroll.

Wukong immediately snapped his head behind. Seeing that scroll right under her palms he Screeched in horror and tripped on his footing causing his face to hit the ground.

"Donghai! Don't open that!"

He Shouted, his voice Echoing the cave. Sensing his destress the scroll was about to unwrap but she caught it in time and wrapped it with a spare rope. Jumping up his position wukong Snatched it away and sighs in relief.

"Good Heavens!"

"It's curse shit isn't it?"

"My face says it all Kiddo. Next time if ever you see shady Objects call me!"

He shaked, laughing at his Terrified face. Wukong Pushed away The scroll and Dragged her out the room.

[--○--]

"Woah."

Sipping her Smoothie, Bai'he Squints her eyes seeing two giant serpents Spitting accids and melting the  buildings. She's currently in the park just beside the grannies busy Enjoying their daily Tai'Chi. And putting the radio on max volume the serpent noticed this, advancing in aggression, Bai'He Shrieked and Hid Behind the grandma's.

Slamming down, The ground Shook with a strong gust of wind and dust covering the park. Still doing their Tai'Chi's Bai'He Shaked. "Yo Goodmorning Bai'He! How are you Grandma's?" Waving with the staff on full Gigantic size. Mk greeted her and the elders.

"Thanks Mk!"

"Were good Xiaotian"

"Such a good child"

"Good morning Xiaotian"

The grandma's Greeted, Nodding at them. MK Pushed the Beast away from the civilians.

"Hey Monkey boy!"

Shouting on top of the building, Mk Frowned seeing the two brother Demons again. With a large Grin they laughed and mocked him. "Come and Try us then! Let's see if you could handle the Golden Scissor!" Jin Shouted. Running back on his Motor Mk started the engine and drove through the streets. Trying to get close he Gasped Seeing the serpents wrap around together and Formed a Gigantic Scissor that possibly could cut a building down. "Changing the city sounded preeeeeettty good! How bout that?" Jin Cackled, And his brother nods.

"Yeah! Just like Yours Monkey how bout that?!"

"HEY! DONT INSULT MY NEW GLOW UP UGLYS!"

How dare those Twin brothers Insult his Hair! Mei Did all of the tying! He even Hid away his Bandana for this!
"Comin through Mk!" Passing in full speed Mk Yelped once Mei drove with her Dragon jet. "You should really change a Vehicle My dude! Any car would be better than that!" She laughed, and Mk Grumbled.

To be honest what's up with people these days Making fun of his Motorcycle? The good old boy can still drive! "Mei! My motorcycle can still drive that fa—" feeling a sudden loud cough out his engine and his speed slowing down. Mk Groaned.

Continuing  driving up the sky, The Dragon Jet Avoided the projectiles being thrown at it. Seeing that the brothers are using junks as Bullets to Destroy her Vehicle Mei Laughed "is that all ya got?!" She Grinned but Getting hit by a bunch of stuff right on the face. She Groaned But hearing a loud Bang she Gasped Seeing that Hollow block and a big hole breaking her jets engine.

"My Dragon Jet!"

"Goodluck on Landing Dragon Pony!"

Dropping down, Mei Screeched as her jet Slowly broke down. "Look I could use some samadhi Fire power but I don't want to burn the road dooown!!!" She Screamed. Running in full speed Mk twisted his Staff and slammed it down. Creating a Metalic armor with upgrades right on the leg. He jumped up the sky and catched her poor ass. "Mk! Good job Dude!" Mei Cheered. Opening her palms a green electricity boosted the armor making it more durable and Fast.

"Oh shit—"

"Hurry! Throw more stuff!"

The brothers Panicked, jumping up the Highest sky. Mk with his armored Hand Stopped the Gigantic Scissor from cutting the roads. Breaking it in half Mei Cheered.

"Who's The Pony now Idiots!"

"Waitwaitwait!"

Slicing down their footing. The brothers Screamed in horror once they fell down with a green explosion covering the sky. Hitting their faces on the road, They Groaned.

"Wait! W-we could settle this in a Good uh— Nice way!"

"Yeah yeah! In a Peaceful way!"

They shaked, but standing infront of them with dark expressions and Chins up. Mei Laughed "Hah?! Whaddya mean Peaceful?! It's the hard way Carrot head!" Grabbing the poor Demons hair He Screamed while his brother tried to stop the dragon girl.

"Let go of my brother you germ!"

"No! Not until we beat you up till you stop causing troubles!"

[--○--]

"So You stroke here. Not too fast okay?"

"Okay okay wait!— Im getting it!"

Practicing how to use the old ways was never easy. Ink with brush? Dude was never easy and she's Sweating buckets. Wukong and Tripitaka on the other hand seems so good at it that they're not even having a problem with their paper and ink. "So how's mine?" Showing them her own written character. The two nods "not bad! But you'll need more practice, the way you stroke is just too shaky." The king Snorted but the girl only Grinned as she stared at her own Creation.

Right in the cave they are Busy playing around his Junks. And good news was the king found his old Brushes and inks so He taught Donghai how to stroke it properly.

Using the old table he has right in the middle with broken chairs, It became loud and Banters of the two were exchanged back and forth. Especially From Tripitaka and His Disciple.

"Okay Go on! Don't Flinch! Just Move along the flow"

"Yes flow like a water. Unlike wukong who can't swim"

"Master! You can't just bring that up!"

"Ohohoho! It's been years! And you still can't master it?"

"What's the point of flapping your arms around the water when you could just jump?!"

Bantering back and forth, Donghai only laughed at them. Continuing on her strokes, taking a seat and dusting off the soil. A man watched as she tried her outmost best to makes sure she's not gonna mess up. "You're a fast learner." Almost Dropping her Brush, she Glanced beside her and saw the Emperor again.

"Emperor Xia?"

"Call me Uncle Xia"

'But it sounded weird.' She's used at Tripitaka's presence. Heck maybe even sleeping alone or Watch TV. The Monk just pops out the Walls, windows or even doors. It's like he's owning the damn place.

But lately this Emperor has been popping out too. Causing her to sleep less and Fear that maybe the guy would scare the living  shit out of her.  "W-what are you doing here?!" She Whispered. But the figure of the Emperor Vanished once Sun wukong stood behind her.

"Seriously With all this strength and Agility."

"Learning to swim is still essential tho!"

"Psh!— whatever. It's not like I'm gonna dive deep in the ocean again" Rolling his eyes, the Monk only laughed at his defeated look. He lost again with the Banterings. Can't Fight the monk so easily knowing that he has learned a few stuff about him.

"Monkey king!"

Entering in the kings Abode. Mk Grinned and Waved, Seeing that loose ponytail his Succesor has. Wukong whistled "bud! Nice Hairdo you look good with it!" He nods, Scratching his head. Mk Stood Stiff once he saw Donghai Looking at him with a brush on her Hand.

"Oh! Hi Mk!"

"D-Donghai!"

He jumped, almost hitting his Knee on the old table. He wheezed but then, composed himself up "what are you doing here?" Yeah like She rarely comes here. Or maybe Monkey king is Talking something and he has to share it to her? "Oh no worries! I invited her and master for another round of card game and some good old chat too!" Patting his Succesor Mk Blinked.

Well that's good seeing his Teacher interacting with his Friends. Unlike last time that he's always here. "Anyways i got some old Cursed junks again! Mei and I just got in a fight with those brothers again but don't worry! No one's hurt!" Grabbing the sack full of Old Objects. Wukong Wheezed once he saw what's inside, even Donghai is in suprise.

"Nezha's Universe Ring! Man he's gonna be so mad once he found out I have one of his Toys!"

"Is it really the ring?!"

"Yeah! Here watch!"

Tossing it out, Donghai Stumbled back Once a loud crash Vibrated the Groud. Wait the ring was that heavy? Goddamn it's like Thor's Hammer! "Best to not Play around with it like a volleyball. The ring packs a Weight!"  Sometimes he would wonder if nezha got any Leg pain or  Back aches Carrying that Ring. Like oh boy it sure is Carrying tons of weight. "You guys Collected these in one day?" Donghai asked and Mk who's holding a Box full of spears nods.

"Yeah! And We decided to shove them in the sack"

"Mei even called it 'Ladybone demon Threat' Artifacts or something"

Mei out of nowhere Grabbed a Sack and to be honest he won't ask where she go it, as long as these objects are easily returned then it's safe. "Can't mess things up again like last time–ergh. That's just Scary" He mumbled and Shivered just by remembering about the Struggles they have to face especially Ladybone demon.

"Seriously These junks you have are pretty Cool! Hey check these out! Reminds me of Erlangs Aesthetic!"

Wearing the red cape Sun wukong Posed, Joining in his Antics Mk Grinned and Posed back "hell Yeah! I also saved a lot of people!" He nods, both laughing at their Strange Antics again.

"You have been Grasping your Powers pretty well Mk. You even made your staff So Gigantic!"

"Uh- well yeah! T-Thanks!"

Face turning a bit red, Wukong Nods "right! You are Doing Excellent Mk. Ah~ reminds me of when I was in my Youth! When I Was your Age—"

"You wrecked havoc in heaven, Insulted the Jade Emperor and Took some stuff in different realms just For yourself?" Donghai Cuts in, Making the king Drop his Peach. He laughed nervously but then. Shaked those off "no! What I was about to say is that When I was Young I made a bunch of choices that I Regret" putting aside the cape. He then sighs "but with all of the bad guys coming back. And Mei Spitting realtalks back in mountain.....I think it's time for me to Face those. " And maybe alot of those are all about the past relationship he has with.....nevermind.

"I'm also kinda feel ashamed, but you guys have done a lot of this World more than I have." Back then he caused a lot of shitty stuff. Pissing off nezha? yep, Stealing peaches and Scheming is way out? Yeah he pretty much did that.

'This world more than he have.'

"Well..."

Was it? He did save alot of people, children's, pregnant woman. He is Doing what it should. But sometimes....there's this Thought that crosses his mind. "Well it's true. But I'm also the one that caused all of this problems" He whispered, Catching the Attention of the king.

"Now that's not what I like to hear"

"Demon bull king used my staff to Destroy the city."

"Eh— well yes! That's true but Bud!—"

"Spider Queen Used some Strands of my hair as a powerup and then again the city is in trouble."

"I still don't understand how that happened—But Bud! Listen—"

"And Then! I Slipped my hand with that skeleton Key and Then boom! Ladybone demon almost annihilated the whole world using the samadhi fire!" Patting the boy on his shoulders Wukong Groaned and Pinched his Cheeks. "You gotta let these all go Kiddo! Also The bad guys you mentioned are the ones that slipped out of my grasp!" He Chuckled, pushing away his Mentors Hand. The boy Only Sighs and Continued on pushing away The boxes.

"Mk....don't be afraid to make a  mistake. Along the way there's always a Solution, everything will be better in that end of the tunnel!" He Beamed, Sitting Beside the young boy. Mk Sighs deeply. Seeing his own reflection right on the Old plate.

"Ladybone demon?"

"Monkey boy...... I see that you have strong trust with your Allies."

The world is empty and everything is colored in white. But Seeing the Bone demon in her Weakest state. He couldn't help but feel bad "do you Admire her?" Suddenly asking, Mk raised a brow.

"Who?"

"The Golden Child"

Donghai. She's the one that Has been chosen to be Sanzangs next Holder, it was a Experience to see her in action but With this Power within her. Fate will play Another round of Chess again. To give struggled to these young Kids.

"She's strong and Gentle. Protect her Monkey"

"Cause In the end.....She will be there with you"

This feeling.....it felt warm but at the same time he fears that the future will Give him more Problems that might trouble his Friends and his Mentor. "You and I are not so different. We both  fight for what we think was right." Giving him a glance, the lady Smiled.

Not in a threatening way but she is smilling as if accepting her now fate.

"And that pursuit only leads to one thing."

"To pain...."

What does she even Mean about that? Just by Hearing those. It feels like a warning. "Bud?" Wukong Whispered, the boy has been quiet and it seems he's in a deep thought. "To be honest....I like the way the world is right now..." ya know like just Delivering, Saving everyone. And Laughing along.

"If it could stay like this forever...." He whispered, and Glanced to a certain Cicada Girl. Her smile radiating as she Laughed along Tripitaka. Both of them trying Old relics and armors."It would be so Beautiful...." He smiled, Eyes Watching her Play along.

Wukong seeing that look from him, He Smirked. "Yeah....that would be a dream come true Bud...." just a world with you waking up. Working and saving lives. What would it look like?

"It would be a dream....but of course...how long is Forever?"

Was Forever Eternity? Peace? He has no certain answer. But the word Forever? It looks like it's up to you to define it. Was forever with everyone? Your family? The others?

But if it's your wishes to Eternal Joy then....Joy can have pain.

'Forever huh....' he would love to define it himself. But with his Problems and Enemies coming to remind him everything. Well then.... it seems Pain will let him define it.

"Hey Donghai"

"Oh sup Mk, You look Depress or something..."

"Oh this?" Pointing to himself, The Boy Immediately Grinned "Don't mind me, I'm fine! Anyways You need help with those?" She's been carrying boxes and arranging them while he's just sitting around Slouching.

"That would be great! Monkey king sure is a hoarder. Look at these"

"It keeps him company actually" he Chuckled, Assisting her to Clean up the Floor and fallen Objects. While the two are cleaning things up, Mk would give the Girl a small glance and if ever she's super busy with one task.

He can't help but Be at awe again. Since when did he become so Out of focus? That's Monkey kings Training but here he is Loosing himself just by Watching Donghai trip around and Cackle so loud like a goat.

'Should I go? Like go shit?'

Mei has given him another instruction again. But this time It's up to him to nail it out and not mess things up "Hey! Donghai I was wondering—" Turning around, he was filled with confidence but once he faced her head on.

His Confidence ran and left him hanging.

"Hm?"

"I-I uh...." Holy shit he's loosing it, if he's not gonna talk then she'll get confuse or worst! Might Assume that He's sick!

"Like ya know–uh—There's this...."

'Is he Sick?' Waiting for the boy to finish up, Donghai is now getting confused. Like his words are jumbled up but few are like. 'Go out' and 'Museum'?

"You mean To say you want me to go with you in the museum?"

"YES! That's Definitely It!" Snapping his fingers, The boy Grinned with a Sweating Face and Red Cheeks. Snorting at his strange expression, the girl Shrugged "Well okay then! That way I can Tutor you more about history!" She loves history so Sharing it with others is a Beautiful thing to do.

"Hey Bud Have you seen a Bamboo scroll around?"

"Bamboo scroll? Oh you mean this?"

Showing him the object, The king Stumbled back and turned around "YES!— I mean MK DONT OPEN THAT!" With the Rope letting loose, The Scroll Unwrapped itself showing them old Inscriptions.

"TRAITOR!"

"SUN WUKONG!!"

The voices Screamed and Shouted, Dropping down like A water Black Ink started to Spread, Grabbing Donghai and Pushing her aside Mk Shaked once he saw The Ink form familiar Figures and  voices Screaming and Shouting nonsense.

"You Abandoned Me!"

"Stupid Monkey! Don't hurt anyone!"

"Impulsive!"

Throwing and Crashing down Boxes, The boy Panicked and Carried Donghai up while avoiding the Attacks. The Strange Ink demon Forming another Figure that he didn't know who.

A Figure of a tall Masculine Bird, Spreading his wings with a threatening Gaze. He Summoned out a Spear.

"YOU BETRAYED YOUR SWORN BROTHERS!"

"SHIT!"

"ONCE A USELESS MONKEY, ALWAYS A USELESS MONKEY!"

"MK! GET OUT IN HERE—"

BAAAM!

Slamming the weapon down, Wukong Gasped once he have Mk in his grip. But that's the terrifying Thing.

He only has Mk on his Grip.

"Donghai!Master!" He Shouted, desperate as he Snapped his head back. The Ink Grabbed the two down, Easily succumbing the Monk and Drowning him inside the puddle. Mk Ran in action and Stumbled down. Grabbing her Hand Donghai Wheezed feeling as the Ink weight her down and Choke her insides.

"We got you Kid! We got you!"

"I—I can't!— I can't Breathe!"

"Hold on Donghai!"

They fought, Trying to lift her up. But with a single Drop of that Cursed Ink, the king Gasped and Pushed Mk behind. Letting Donghai go in the process.

"No! Why would you do that?!"

"Mk This Thing will Drown us Too! If we want to Save them and Seal this Thing back then we need to survive!"

He Shouted, Grabbing Him as they ran as fast they could, the Ink Followed. Forming another Figure Mk's eyes widen when he saw Donghai. Her insane laugh Echoing as the warm light turned cold.

"Come on Bud!"

"I'm sorry Hai!"

They ran. Focusing on the Trail and Dodging the Attacks. "Monkey king!"  She Shouted, Making him shiver of how different her voice sounds like. Seeing the exit of the cave, Wukong Kicked the nearby Wall creating a blocking road to stop the creature from advancing.

"Don't leave me Here!"

"Your sworn brothers!"

"Look what you have done Great Sage!"

"Goddammit!" He Shouted, Using his back to stop them. Mk shaked as he saw how Brutal and Uncontrollable the Creature was. The way it Advanced and how it Drowned Donghai and Tripitaka.

"BUD!"

Calling him, Wukong Groaned once the monster tried to Fight back "It looks like—Someone's looking for me to repay the Debt!" He laughed, Grabbing Him. The king then spoke "there's always an answer Mk!" He Shouted. And Pushed him out The cave as he felt that cold and choking Feeling.

"No! Monkey king!"

"Mk! Go! You have to go!"

"I-I can't! I Can't Leave you!"

"Listen to me Bud!"

The Seal of the Cave may be Stopping the beast from leaving. He is slowly drowning from the Ink but that's okay. He's gonna be okay as long as this Thing won't Leave the Mountain.

"You have to go! Seal the scroll back! You have to—"

"Wukong!"

"Wujing! Stop Messing around we have to go!"

"Ao Lie Don't be Like that! We're all friends here! You're no Stranger in this Team!"

"Master Don't worry! I'll be your Guide and bodyguard in this journey!"

'Shit! That Quick?!'

"MK!—G—GO!" He Shouted, Shoving him out The waterfall. Using what's all left in his Sleeve, He Clenched his Hand into fist and slammed it down. Making the Mountains Seal More Brighter and Stronger. He Glanced back to the boy one last time.

"MONKEY KING!"

I'm sorry Bud....

—The Golden Cicada Season 4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 38.7K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 18.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
121K 5.6K 25
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...