|[Life or Death]| death note...

By ASleepingPhantom

[|A mass killer (?) hell bent on making the world free of evil, a genius detective determined to catch this m... More

°•1•°
°•2•°
°•3•°
°•4•°
°•5•°
°•6•°
°•7•°
°•8•°
°•9•°
°•10•°
°•11•°
Decide
°•12•°
°•13•°
°•15•°
°•16•°
°•17•°
°•18•°
°•19•°

°•14•°

1.2K 58 2
By ASleepingPhantom

No one's POV:
With the investigators:

Mr Yagami:"Our names and ranks are all fake."

Matsuda:"Fake police IDs?!"

L:"Kira requires a name and face to kill. We are challenging Kira with that premise in mind. This is a non-brainer."

Ukita:"B-But a police officer with a fake ID is..."

F/n:"If Kira needs a name to kill, an alias would go a long way in protecting our lives."

Mr Yagami:"We should carry these around."

One by one, the rest agreed.

L:"When you have to give out your names to strangers, use the alias in your IDs."

All of them agreed, once again.

L:"Please be careful not to take them out within the police headquarters. It could cause problems."

Watari :"Well then... I would like everyone to wear these belts."

Matsuda:"Belts?"

Watari :"There is a tracking device in the buckle. This way, Ryuzaki will know your whereabouts. And when you press the buckle twice..."

Watari pressed it twice when his phone went off. He pulled out his phone and turned the ringing off.

Watari:"My cellphone will ring. I'll follow-up by calling you immediately. In the morning, you will go to work at the police department. Later, using this method, I shall confirm our hotel and room number. Please use this for emergencies as well."

After his speech he handed out the belts to the people standing around him.

Matsuda:"This is kinda cool. It's like we're a special force chasing Kira!"

F/n:'Aren't we?'

Mr Yagami:"Matsuda! This isn't child's play. Don't joke around."

Matsuda:"Okay..."

With Light:

'Maki':"Thank you very much. Thanks to you, I have gained confidence in my theory."

Light:"Not at all."

The woman gave a small bow with her head and left. Light kept standing in place.

Light:'Ryuk started talking about the eye bargain again... Beyond a shadow of a doubt, she's using an alias. At this rate, with her theory that Kira was on the bus and given the people whom Raye Penber was in charge of investigating, the police will immediately suspect me. No... They'll suspect Y/n as well so my chances of not getting suspected are a bit better but still not close good. Why do I feel like I shouldn't let Y/n be suspected as Kira? Why do I feel worried that they might?... Whatever.'

Ryuk let out another chuckle.

Ryuk:"Hey, she's leaving. Is that okay?"

Light:'It should be five minutes until she reaches the police headquarters. Think... How can I get her name within five minutes?'

Light decided to start walking again, still a bit behind her.

Light:'She's going to the police headquarters. If someone from the task force has returned, me and probably Y/n will be goners. Somehow, I've got to find out her real name, and finish her off. Now I only have three minutes left. All right.'

He then sped walked towards 'Maki'.

Ryuk:"What are you going to do?"

Light:"Excuse me..."

'Maki':"Yes?"

Light:"There's something I haven't told you."

'Maki':"What is it?"

Light put his best acting skills on in front of 'Maki'.

Light:"It's impossible to contact anyone directly in headquarters."

'Maki':"Huh?"

Light:'I have to conduct this conversation naturally and connect it to something that she'll latch onto. Within that time, I'll draw out her name. I can do this.'

'Maki':"What do you mean?"

Light:"Don't you think it's odd that there's no one at headquarters?"

'Maki':"Y-yeah. I thought it was strange, but..."

Light:"The team investigating Kira is structured so that no one knows who is involved. If the public knows how the team is structured, a tragedy like the one involving your fiancé may happen again."

'Maki':"...I understand"

Light:"That's why you were told that no one was at the headquarters. In other words, you will never be allowed to talk directly to someone from headquarters."

Ryuk:"That's pretty clever, as always, Light."

'Maki':"Why do you know so much?"

Ryuk:"She's pretty sharp."

Light:"I guess I have no choice. It's because I'm a detective from tue task force."

'Maki':"You're a detective from the task force?"

Light:"Yes. L is currently in charge of the task force."

'Maki':"Yes, I thought so."

Light:"L was troubled there weren't enough detectives at headquarters. Many quit because they're afraid of Kira. I'm just a high-school student,but I have helped the police solve two cases in the past."

'Maki':"So he was sold by that?"

Maki seemed to remember something and seemed to light up with joy and hope a bit as she asked the following.

'Maki':"Wait, what about the other boy that was at the headquarters before you? The guy behind the counter sounded like he knows the boy. I suppose he, too, have solved a few cases before? Does he work with the task force to stop Kira too?"

Lights eyes narrowed a bit in suspicion.

Light:"I don't know for sure but I do think there might be a chance that he solved a few cases. Though he isn't with the task force. You did hear what he said; he's busy studying."

Maki seemed to deflate a bit as she hear those words. Only a little though.

Light:'Does Y/n and her have some connections of some sort?'

'Maki':"I guess that makes sence."

Light:"Back to the topic; I can enter the headquarters whenever I wish, and I'm allowed to investigate on my own. In other words, the people who are currently at headquarters are the chosen few whose abilities are reliable and who can be trusted."

A small silence fell over the two with Ryuk's chuckes in the background.

'Maki':"I understand. But just incase, I think I'll visit the headquarters. Thank you very much."

Light:"P-Please wait! I just told you that you can't talk to anyone."

'Maki':"I would like to talk directly to L."

Light slightly looked up to see the headquarters were nearby.

With the Investigators:

L:"Come to think of it, who's at headquarters now?"

Mr Yagami:"No one is there now."

L:"That's not good. Have at least one person there at all times."

F/n:"Told ya Mr Yagami.~ Aizawa, you can go for the first shift."

F/n lazily spoke to the two of them. He was still in the chair with his chin on his hand and his elbow on the arm of the single couch. He had a very bored expression on his face.

Mr Yagami:"*sigh* Understood, Ryuzaki."

Aizawa excuses himself to go back to headquarters.

L:"F/n, what did you mean with your statement before Aizawa left?"

__________________________________________________________

Thank you
for you patience
everyone!
Also, introducing
F/n and M/n!

(Remember: F/n and M/n
are caracters that you
can 'design' yourself.

So the hair, skin tone,
eye colour, and so forth,
You make it up.
The height of a character
is controlled by me,
for example.)

(Not my art work,
obviously)

Hope you have a great
day/night!
Stay safe!
(⁠人⁠*⁠'⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚⁠+

1201 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 414 11
•COMPLETED• •Death Note Fanfiction• •LightxReader• •Description• Y/N is a fan and worshipper of Kira, she hopes to one day meet him in person. While...
161K 5K 81
⚠️I suggest reading in black. It starts off slow but It gets to the point in chapter 3 I follow the plot of the anime but I add my own little twist i...
22.5K 1.3K 12
(Y/n) had a secret. It was the kind that if anyone found out, there would be trouble. As in, immediately on death row kind of trouble. So, (Y/n) kept...
658K 24.1K 100
Winner of DeathNoteAwards Golden Apple section, Highest Ranking: #1 in Deathnote [COMPLETED] ACTION PACKED in the later chapters --- (Y/N) Lives in t...