Recovery

By Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... More

1. Mood
2. No
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
24. Side By Side
25. Worried
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

7. Tension

3.3K 204 101
By Laughingwolf78

Things have been going decent the six days Katsuki has been working with Izuku.

The greenett looks much better then the drawn, thin, shaggy looking hero Katsuki had found down and depressed in the hospital that day.

He's sleeping better, eating well and has even gained a couple pounds. His moods have even improved, even though he has his days where he seemingly hates everyone and everything, he's doing better and most days the blonde can manage to snap him out of those moods fairly quickly, most days that is.

There are still definitely days when he's so down that Katsuki can't seem to budge him from those thoughts but it's only been six days and the blonde knows that this is a marathon not a sprint and it's going to take time.

They have just gotten done with a workout where the blonde ran him threw his daily exercises and stretches and Katsuki has definitely noticed improvements. Izuku is getting stronger, his core movement more sturdy and he's not struggling as much as he use to with small things. They have settled into some what of a routine and it was getting more comfortable, more familiar and even when that stubborn green-eyed hero is being a little shit not wanting to do the things he's supposed to be doing Katsuki won't deny that he likes being here with him.

Even when it's hard he does, even when it hurts, even when he has to pretend he doesn't give two shit when he's pushing Izuku to the point of frustrated tears for his own good, he likes being here. More than he should probably.

He's at the kitchen counter lost in his own thoughts as he makes them lunch when he hears the sound of slight mumbling behind him.

" Kacchan? Can... can you help me with my stupid socks?"

The blonde turns around to see a frustrated greenett. He steps away from the sandwiches he's making to reach down and take the white cotton socks Izuku is holding.

Crimson eyes glance up to see the green ones that don't want to look at him while he crouched down to slide the socks on the heros feet.

" Sorry I had to interrupt you to do this Kacchan.", he mumbles.

" Why are you sorry? That's what I'm here for Deku, to help you with shit."

Izuku sighs.

"Yeah but it's such a simple thing and I can't even do it. I had to have you do it for me. It's so frustrating."

Katsuki sits on the kitchen floor looking up at the discouraged hero.

" It's temporary Deku. You've been improving in the short time I've been here. This shit isn't going to last."

Izuku still won't look at him just gazes down at his black sweats instead.

" What... what if it's not?", he whispers as if he doesn't even want to hear the words he's speaking himself.

The blonde takes a breath feeling a twinge of fear that he refuses to show.

" We talked about this. You have to stop thinking that way. You are getting stronger, you will be back to your nerd self and all this will just be a shitty memory."

The greenett shakes his head as tears slowly form.

" But you don't know that for sure. No one does, and .. and how long is it going to take?! I'm tired of feeling so usless and .. and you will have to go back soon. I can't hold you here forever, you're the number one Hero! You should be out there doing way more important things."

Katsuki scowls suddenly anger in those crimson eyes now as he stands to his feet.

" Oi, this is going to take as long as it takes Deku. And who the fuck said that this is any less important than anything else I would be out there doing huh?! You don't think getting the number one Hero back on his God damn feet is important?! Putting your fucking socks on is just as important to me as beating the shit out of some scum villain! And I told you before you don't get to decide what is and isn't important to me dammit! This isn't up to you!"

They both stare, green eyes wide but teary, crimson ones narrowed full off a storm of mixed emotions and feelings.

Izuku takes a deep breath eyes narrowed now not saying a word as he quickly pushes his chair away into his room slamming the door behind him.

Katsuki runs a frustrated hand through his hair mumbling a string of curses as he throws the knife from the counter into the sink from the uneaten lunch he was making.

He leans back on the counter sighing as his eyes shift up to the ceiling. He's frustrated, at the way he feels at the way Izuku feels, at feeling like he can't do enough for that clueless nerd in the other room who doesn't understand just how fucking important he is.

There's a knock at the apartment door suddenly making him raise a brow.

This isn't his place but he's definitely not in the mood for company and at the moment neither is Deku.

He walks to the door feeling a rush of annoyance as he throws it open harshly and who he sees behind it makes those ferice eyes narrow even more as he crosses built arms over his chest and scowls.

" The fuck you want Round Face?"

Uraraka stares up at the intimidating hero who has a look of pure disapproval and anger on sharp features.

" Oh.. um. Hi Bakugo. I .. I just came to see Deku and see how he was doing. Is.. is he in?"

Katsuki's scowl deepens, anger burning the core of his stomach.
He feels his hands heating up, his quirk beginning to burn against his skin.

" Of course he's here, where the fuck else would he be ?! It's not like he can go anywhere on his own right now. And why are you here now huh? Word I was told is that you couldn't be bothered to go see him in the hospital the whole time he was there so why the fuck are you standing here now?", he ask with venom in the tone.

She looks sheepish, having a hard time looking at the accusing male who isn't letting her step a foot through the door.

" I .. I wanted to. It's.. it's just it was too hard to see him like that."

Katsuki scoffs his temper on the rise, you can smell the scent of burnt caramel in the air as his quirk gets hotter.

" Oh..oh so it was hard for you to see him that way? Only you?! You don't think it was hard for everyone else?! You don't think it was hard for him?! That it's still hard for him?! You can fuck right off, no way im letting you ease your guilt by coming to see him now, not a goddamn chance in hell. He's had a rough day anyway.", he breathes getting ready to slam the door when she speaks again.

" Well you didn't come see him right away either Katsuki!"

His grip on the door handle tightens, the knob begins to smoke from the heat his large hand is emitting at a rapid pace. He feels hot and over heated as he takes a step out the door with hatred in crimson eyes making her take a step back.

" First, you don't get to call me Katsuki. It's Bakugo to you. Second, I called every fucking day to check his condition and if I couldn't reach someone I called someone else and if that didn't work I called the Goddamn nurses desk till they were sick of me. I live hours away from here requiring a plane ride you live across the fucking street from the hospital and you still didn't show your face. I showed up, took him out of that dump, cleaned him up, cut his hair, made sure he was eating and sleeping, doing his exercises and working on getting out of that goddamn chair and putting hope back into a mind that was on the brink if giving up. Don't you dare stand here and try and compare me to you because trust me, there is no fucking comparison, I win, every fucking time. Remember the sports festival Pink Cheeks?"

He sees her anger now and it makes him smirk in victory as he says one more thing.

" Of course you do. I've been fighting for him a long time, nothing has changed."

With that the door slams closed and locked at clicked into place as he shoves burning hands into his pockets.

He's always hated the girl that's now no doubt stalking away. Always hated the way she looked at Izuku, always hated the burn of competition he felt when it came to gaining the attention of green eyes that he will forever want on him and only him.

He slams himself down on the couch putting his head back trying to calm the emotions storming inside. Today turned to shit and that's not what he wanted.

He stays there like that for a long while letting his mind wander and his heart ache.

Izuku is in his room with his own emotions twisting. He's never liked to argue with Katsuki, it's bothered him since they were kids. He knows the blonde has been doing everything he can to help him and that also makes him ache. He's been surprised actually by how caring and easy the harsh blonde has been even when both emotions bubble over.

Suddenly his door opens making him look up and see a blonde hero standing there with a plate.

" You can be pissed at me if you want. But you still have to eat Deku."

Green eyes soften because the crimson ones looking at him look much like he assumes he looks.

Upset.

" I'm not mad at you Kacchan. I'm sorry for how I acted."

The blonde walks in setting up a tray over the greenett who's sitting in bed.

He plops down with a thud on the bed next to the greenett surprising the green eyed hero who looks over at him seeing a smirk.

Katsuki reaches for a notebook that was laying beside Izuku flipping through the pages.

" You still taking notes on hero shit?"

Izuku smiles.

" Yes. I probably always will."

Katsuki chuckles rolling his eyes.

" Who's this one about?", he asks eyes on the notebook paper.

There's a pause and a sheepish blush.

" Y-you."

Crimson eyes glance over with a raised brow.

" Me ? What the fuck else could possibly write ? You've known me since we were kids, studied my damn quirk since I got it, started writing shit down as soon as you were old enough to hold a pencil."

Izuku shrugs with a hint of shyness.

" Well... there's a lot to write about you. There's a lot to Kacchan. Your quirks are really amazing, your fight style is almost untouchable and you've grown so much as a hero just like I always knew you would."

Katsuki stares at him, his heart doubling in speed as he shakes his head always amazed by this nerd in one way or another.

" You know I leaned some of those moves from you shit nerd? Incorporated them into my rotation."

Izuku smiles happily.

" I know, I'm still really honored that you did that."

The blonde rolls his eyes with a slight smile.

" Deku you're an impressive hero. I'm not the only one who grew as a hero, there's a reason you became number one."

Green eyes shift down as he smiles slightly.

" I was I guess."

The blonde sighs.

" Are Deku, you ARE. This shit accident didn't change a damn thing."

Izuku meets his eye. Both holding each other's gaze for a beat until the greenett hears his phone go off with a text. He reads it, then scrunches his face in confusion looking over at the blonde leaning back on his headboard.

Katsuki raises a brow.

" What's wrong?"

The greenett looks back at his phone then at the blonde hero.

" Kacchan.. did.. did you tell Uraraka to leave today?"

Crimson eyes narrow immediately as he shifts his gaze across the room.

" You were fucking upset. We just got in that argument when you stormed off. I didn't think you needed the stress."

Izuku studies him closely.

" Ok..but.. why didn't you tell me?"

Katsuki takes a deep breath feeling a sudden surge of jealously.

" Why the fuck does it matter huh? Why ? Did she text you bitching because I told her to get fucking lost? Her who couldn't be fucking bothered with you before ? You wanna see her that bad Deku?!"

The greenett stares at him surprised by the sudden out burst.

" Kacchan, I didn't say that. Why are you getting so upset?"

Katsuki gets up off the bed in aggravation.

" I'm not upset. Just.. just let it go Deku.", he mumbles as he heads for the door.

" Kacchan wait.. I.. I thought we were having a nice conversation. Where are you going?"

The blonde stands at the open door not turning around.

" We were. I'm going to lay down. I'm just tired."

With that he's gone, leaving a confused greenett behind.

Katsuki feels stress race up the back of his spine, skin warm as he lays down on the couch harshly staring at the ceiling.

There's always been so much to say that he's never really known how to and what happened just now proves that.

He's laying there trying to short through it when he hears the creek of the floor boards under a wheelchair and a soft voice.

" Kacchan.. are you mad ?"

Crimson eyes shift to the sheepish looking male that looks more sixteen then twenty two.

The blonde sighs.

" No Deku. I'm not mad and if I was it's because I'm more upset with me then you. And what are you doing out here? You should be eating."

The greenett shrugs.

"Because, your upset and I've never liked when fought."

Katsuki eyes him thinking about the fact that they've fought more than not over the years and he really wants to change that.

He takes a breath getting ready to respond when suddenly he realizes something

" Deku listen I.. "

He pauses sitting up quickly with a grin, his heart beating rapidly.

" Deku, you got out of bed without my help. You couldn't do that six days ago. Hell you couldn't do that yesterday nerd! See! You're getting stronger!"

Green eyes go wide because he hadn't even realized it. All he knew was that he wanted to get to the blonde in the next room.

Katsuki Bakugo would always be his incentive to do better, try harder and reach further, this would be no different.

A\N

Our tale continues, stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.5K 17
Class 1A decided to throw a party in the dorm, and Kaminari snuck some alcohol into the punch bowl. One thing led to another, Izuku and Katsuki in th...
88.8K 4.3K 30
Izuku Midoriya is one of the most trusted Guardian Angels in all of heavens creations. He's spent most of his time on earth watching over those who n...
309K 6.5K 16
What is Izuku faked his death? What if Katsuki Watched him but deku told him to hush?What if Bakugo and izuku got along?What if bakugo didn't bully d...
207K 6.9K 31
Katsuki Bakugou has been a vampire now for well over a hundred years, turned when he was only twenty two years old. Now he's permanently stuck at th...