someone to stay, supernatural...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] SPN Crossover Series: Someone to Stay Something in the Orange I DO NOT own Su... More

CAST, ACT ONE
001. the winchesters
002. jericho
003. never go home
004. changed lives
005. terrible driver
006. wendigo
007. kids are strong
008. drowning
009. final destination thing
010. bloody mary
011. shapeshifter
012. hook man
013. bugs
014. psychics and poltergeists
015. telling secrets
016. scarecrows and hitchhiking
017. dying dean
018. dean's old girlfriend
019. special children
020. people are crazy
021. human monster
022. tulpa
023. like father, like daughter
024. no boys
025. vampires
026. "they're both mine!"
027. car crash
CAST, ACT TWO
028. really long nap
029. the roadhouse
030. "i will never hate you."
031. gordon walker
032. what's dead should stay dead
033. andy and ansem
034. h. h. holmes ghost
035. death omen
036. crossroads
037. croatoan
038. new power
039. possession
040. scooby doo-like case
041. bank robbery
042. angels
043. 2018
044. return of meg
045. trickster
046. sisters
047. road kill
048. werewolf love
049. movie set
050. dream life
051. demon blood
052. gates of hell
CAST, ACT THREE
053. groups of seven
054. changelings
055. rabbit's foot
056. look out
057. fairy tales
058. ghost ship
059. vamp gordon
060. christmas
061. dream root
062. mystery spot
063. jus in bello
064. ghostfacers
065. dean and natalie
066. worst summer ever
CAST, ACT FOUR
067. september eighteenth
068. angel of the lord
069. 1973
070. angry aunt
071. rougarou
072. horror movie monsters
073. yellow fever
074. halloween
075. wishing well
076. anna and alastair
077. demons vs. angels
078. living in the walls
079. magic act
080. dead siblings
081. torture
082. amateurs
083. books
085. secret's out
086. hallucinations
087. all hell breaks loose
CAST, ACT FIVE
88. beginning of the end
089. parting ways
090. different lives
091. role models
092. pranks
093. grumpy old men
094. play your part
095. convention
096. surprises
097. body swap
098. 1978
099. heaven
100. whore of babylon
101. saying yes
102. motel hell
103. sam's old friend
104. sam's plan
105. big showdown
BOOK TWO

084. half-brother

242 21 1
By maybankwalker

They get to a diner and get out of the Impala. They got a call on one of John's phones earlier, the caller claiming to be his son.

"Dean, look, best I can tell, Adam Milligan is real." Sam states. Dean opens the trunk of the Impala before opening the weapons box while Sam reads something in a folder. "Um, born September 29, 1990 to Kate Milligan. No father listed on the birth certificate. He's an Eagle Scout."

Dean continues to arm himself while Sam continues to tell facts about Adam. Libby gently yanks on Natalie's sleeve until she picks her up.

"Graduated from high school with honors and currently goes to the University of Wisconsin. Biology major, pre-med." Dean shuts the weapons back. "Dean? You listening?"

"This is a trap." Dean states, shutting the trunk and making his inside the diner, the others following him. They go to a table and Dean grabs one of the chairs from the other side and puts it next to his chair.

Sam sits on the chair by the window and Dean sits next to him, pulling Ophelia onto his lap.

"You're not sitting next to this thing." He tells Natalie, gently yanking her into the chair next to him. Natalie readjusts Libby so she's comfortably sitting on her lap.

Jacob and Larissa sit at the table next to them, turning to still pay attention to the siblings.

"Dean, I'm telling you, the kid checks out." Sam says.

"Great, so he's an actual person on the planet Earth. Sucks he's got a demon in him." Dean says.

"Hi. Welcome to Cousin Oliver's." The waitress, Denise, kindly greets. She gives them each glasses of water.

"Thanks." Sam smiles at her.

"Can I--"

"We're actually waiting on somebody." Dean cuts her off. Denise slaps the menus onto the table.

"Thank you." Sam manages to get out as the woman walks away, annoyed.

"You should be nicer to people who give you your food. They might spit in it." Ophelia says.

Dean takes his glass of water and pours it into the plant that's behind him.

"What are you--" Sam watches Dean put the glass between his knees and pull out a flask. "Holy water?"

"Yup." Dean mumbles, filling the glass up with holy water. "One sip of Jesus juice, this evil bitch is gonna be in a world of hurt." Dean puts the glass back on the table before pulling out a wrapped package.

"And what if he's not possessed?" Sam asks.

"Then he is a shapeshifter." Dean says. He takes out the silver cutlery and replaces the diner's silverware with his silver.

"Hence the silver." Sam says.

"Look, either way, this thing is gonna bleed. I mean, using dad as bait? That's the last mistake of its short, pitiful life." Dean growls. He looks between the twins who are staring at him.

"What?" Dean asks and Sam looks away. Natalie rolls her eyes. "What?"

"Dean... listen. There's an entry in dad's journal." Sam says, flipping through the pages. "From January of 1990, saying he's headed to Minnesota to check out a case. That's roughly, oh, about nine months before the kid was born." Sam says.

"Coincidence." Dean states.

"Coincidence?" Sam asks.

"Hell of a coincidence." Natalie scoffs.

"Next two pages of the journal -- torn out." Sam says.

"You're not actually buying this, are you?"

"Look, man, I don't want to believe it either, I'm just saying it's possible. I mean, dad would be gone for weeks at a time, and he wasn't exactly a monk."

"He was also a douche." Natalie adds.

"I mean, a hunter rolls into town, kills a monster, saves the girl... sometimes the girl's grateful." Sam says.

"Well, now I'm thinking about dad sex. Stop talking." Dean says.

"Maybe he slipped one past the goalie." Sam says.

"Dude!" Dean grimaces.

"What does soccer have to do with this?" Libby asks.

"Oh, God." Natalie mumbles, her forehead resting on top of Libby's head.

"I--" Sam struggles to come up with anything.

Before he can try to say anything else, the bell on the door chimes. They all look up to see a man with dirty blonde hair and in his late teens/early 20s walk in.

"Adam?" Sam calls and the guy looks over at them. Sam raises his hand and Adam makes his way over.

"You Sam?" Adam asks.

"Yeah. Uh, this is Dean and Natalie. Ophelia and Libby. That's Jacob and Larissa." Sam introduces.

"Hey." Adam greets, putting his backpack on the floor and sitting down. "So, um... how did you know my dad?"

"Uh, we worked together." Sam quickly comes up with. Technically, not a full lie.

"How did he die?" Adam asks.

"On the job." Sam says.

"He was a mechanic, right?" Adam asks.

"A car fell on him." Dean states. Natalie pinches his arm.

"Hey, Adam." Denise greets, walking over. "How you doing?" She puts a glass of water on the table. Dean leans over and takes the glass.

"Oh, I'll take that. I am very thirsty." Dean says, taking a sip. Denise gives him an annoyed look.

"The usual, Adam?" Denise asks.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks, Denise." Adam says.

They watch as Adam takes the glass that Dean filled with holy water. Adam takes a drink, but nothing happens.

"So, uh, when's the last time you saw John?" Sam asks.

"I don't even know. It's... a couple years." Adam says. Dean takes a gun out under the table, pointing it at Adam. The twins notice, sharing a look. Ophelia gives her dad a look which he ignores.

"Why did you decide to call him now?" Sam asks.

"I didn't know who else to call. He's the only family I got." Adam says. "My mom's missing."

"Really? I'm sorry. Uh, for how long?" Sam asks.

"It's tragic, really. But if you're John's kid, how come we've never heard of you?" Dean asks.

"Cause John and me didn't really know each other. Not until a few years ago, anyway." Adam says.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks.

"My mom never talked about him. I knew some stuff." Adam says.

"What kind of stuff?" Dean asks.

"My mom's a nurse, and dad came into the ER, pretty torn up. Hunting accident or something. And I knew his name. John Winchester. That's about it. We're not exactly a nuclear family." Adam says.

"Yeah, well, who is these days?" Sam asks.

"So, when did you, uh, when did you finally meet him?" Dean asks.

"When I was twelve. My mom had one of his old numbers, and after I begged her -- God, 24/7 -- she finally called him. God, when John heard he had a son, he raced to town. I mean, he dropped everything. He drove all night."

Natalie bites the inside of her cheek, biting back any snarky remarks she may have. Libby feels Natalie's arms tighten around her and she leans back into her aunt more.

Denise gives Adam his food and he thanks her as she leaves.

"Well, that's heartwarming." Dean says.

"You mind?" Adam asks, motioning to the food.

"Please, dig in." Dean encourages. Adam takes the napkin that holds the silverware. He puts the napkin on his lap and Dean cocks the gun.

"He would swing by once a year or so." Adam says, picking up the knife and fork. Nothing happens. "You know, called when he could." Dean uncocks the gun and puts it away. "But still... he taught me poker and pool and even bought me my first beer when I was fifteen. And, uh... he showed me how to drive. Dad, he had this beautiful '67 Impala--"

"Oh, this is bullshit. You know what, you're lying." Dean states.

"No, I'm not." Adam says.

"Uh, yeah, you are." Dean nods.

"I'm sorry, but who the hell are you to call me a liar?" Adam asks.

"We're John Winchester's kids, that's who." Dean states. "We are his children." He points between himself and the twins.

"I've got siblings?" Adam asks.

"No, you don't have siblings. Look, man, I don't know if you're a hunter or what kind of game you're playing here." Dean says.

"I have never been hunting in my life." Adam informs.

"Whatever. I'm out of here. Come on, Sam." Dean says, forcing Natalie to stand up and he gets up, holding Ophelia.

"I can prove it." Adam states.

+++

They're at Adam's house and are looking at a framed picture of Adam and John.

"He took you to a baseball game?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, when I turned fourteen. Dad was around for a few of my birthdays." Adam informs.

"September 29th, 2004. One word. "Minnesota."" Sam says.

"He took you to a fucking baseball game?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Why? What'd dad do with you on your birthday?" Adam asks, taking the picture.

"Oh." Dean mumbles, frowning. Natalie winces, knowing none of Dean's birthdays were exactly spectacular, especially his seventeenth. Plus, her and Sam's birthdays were never good either, mostly for her.

Sam awkwardly clears his throat, also hurt, but not wanting to dwell on it.

"Adam, you said you called dad because your mom was missing." Sam says.

"Yeah." Adam nods.

"How long has she been gone?" Sam asks.

"Three days." Adam says.

"Who was the last person to see her?" Dean asks.

"Mr. Abbinanti, our neighbor. He saw her come home Tuesday night, but she never showed up to work on Wednesday." Adam explains.

"Did you call the police?" Sam asks.

"Mom's supervisor at the hospital did. And then I drove down here as fast as I could." Adam says. "I should have been here."

"What'd the, uh, what'd the cops say?" Dean asks.

"That they, uh, they searched the house. They didn't find anything." Adam says. "She wouldn't leave without telling anybody. It's like she just dropped off the face of the earth, you know?"

~ ~ ~

Sam, Larissa, and Jacob, and Natalie walk into the room where Dean, the girls, and Adam are. Sam holds up a handful of papers.

"Give us a minute." Dean says, the five hunters walking out to the hallway. "You talk to the cops?"

"Yeah. Like Adam said, no leads on his mom." Sam says.

"Shocker there." Dean says.

"But we did find this." Sam goes through the papers until he finds a copy of the Windom Gazette that's from January 1990. "Um... here. In 1990, there were seventeen grave robberies in Windom."

"You think that's why dad came through here?" Dean asks.

"I'd say so. Check it out." Sam points out the photo on the article. In the back of the photo is John.

"All right, so he was hunting something. What?"

"No idea. Those were the pages he threw out of the journal. But last month, the corpse snatching started up again. Three bodies from the local cemetery."

"So whatever he was after, he didn't kill it. It's back."

"And, what, it's stepped up its game to fresh meat? I mean, Kate's missing, and, uh--" Sam gets another piece of paper, a copy of a photo of a man in large black glasses. "So is a local bartender -- a guy named Joe Barton."

They go into the bedroom and Dean shows Adam the photo of Joe.

"Hey, does your mom know Joe Barton?" Dean asks.

"Uh, I don't think so. Why?" Adam asks.

Dean looks back at the others and then back at Adam. He notices something on the floor and walks closer.

"What is it?" Adam asks.

"Watch out." Dean says. Adam moves and Dean flips up the edge of the comforter and looks under the bed. "Give me a hand with the mattress."

Dean tosses the pillows aside and he and Adam move the mattress off the bedframe. There's a large vent that's big enough to fit somebody through it.

"Yeah, no way in hell." Larissa steps back.

"Ditto." Jacob shuffles back towards her.

The three siblings look at each other. They play rock, paper, scissors; Dean holding out scissors and the twins both holding out rock. The twins share a smirk as Dean waves his arms around in frustration before putting his hands on his hips.

"Every time." Dean grumbles.

+++

They're all in the brothers' motel room and Dean is cleaning a shotgun. There's a knock on the door making Dean hide the weapon as Sam goes and answers the door.

"Who the hell are you?" Adam questions, storming in.

"Adam, hey." Sam greets, shutting the door. "Take it easy."

"No, don't tell me to take it easy, okay? My house is a crime scene, my mom's probably dead, and you three -- well, you tell me to call the cops, but you got to bail before they show? So, who are you exactly?"

"Cops didn't know where to look for my mom, Dean, but you did. And I heard you talking earlier-- something about grave robberies. You're not mechanics. I just want to know what's going on." He says, but nobody replies. "Please."

"We're hunters." Sam informs.

"Sammy!" Dean warns.

"He deserves to know, Dean." Sam argues.

"What do you mean, hunters?" Adam asks.

"Sweet. Uh, we're gonna go get some snacks." Larissa says, grabbing Libby and Ophelia's hands.

"Wh-- but I wanna watch daddy suck at this." Ophelia protests.

"You'll have plenty of opportunities to watch him be an idiot, Oph." Larissa says, dragging the two girls out.

"You good or--"

"Go." Natalie tells her boyfriend who wastes no time in rushing out.

~ ~ ~

"Okay, so... basically, you're saying that every movie monster, every nightmare that I've ever had, that's all real?" Adam asks.

"Godzilla's just a movie." Dean says.

"We hunt them. So did dad." Sam says.

"Okay." Adam says.

""Okay"? That's it?" Dean asks.

"What am I supposed to say?" Adam asks.

"That we're liars, that we're crazy. Nobody just says "okay."" Dean says.

"Well, you're my siblings. You're telling me the truth, right?" Adam asks.

"Yeah." Dean nods.

"Then I believe you. Now, what took my mom?" Adam asks.

"We're not sure. Something's in town stealing bodies, living and dead, but we don't know that." Sam says.

"There's a long list of freaks that fit the bill." Dean says.

"You think maybe she might still be alive?" Adam asks. Dean looks down so Adam turns to Sam who also looks down. He looks at Natalie who winces. Adam nods, understanding. "Oh. How can I help?"

"You can't." Dean states.

"This thing killed my mom, if you're hunting it, I want in." Adam says.

"No." Dean denies.

"Dean, look, maybe--"

"Maybe what?" Dean asks Sam.

"He lost his mother. Maybe we can understand what that feels like." Sam says.

"Why do you think dad never told us about this kid, Sam? Huh? Why do you think he ripped out the pages?" Dean asks.

"Because--"

"Because he was protecting him!"

"Dad's dead, Dean."

"That doesn't matter! He didn't want Adam to have our lives, okay? And we are gonna respect his wishes."

"Do I get a say in this?" Adam asks.

"No!" Dean yells.
"No." The twins say.

"Babysit the kid." Dean orders.

"Where are you going?" Sam asks.

"I'm going out!" Dean exclaims, grabbing his jacket and leaving, the door slamming behind him.

"Is he always like that?" Adam asks and Sam laughs.

"No. He's usually much worse." Natalie remarks.

"Welcome to the family." Sam says. "Here." He pulls out his gun and ejects the clip. "I'm gonna teach you a few things."

"Uh, Dean said--"

"I know what Dean said." Sam says, holding the gun out to Adam. "And I know what it's like to want revenge."

"He's also not good at listening." Natalie says.

"Though, she's really good at being annoying with annoying, insensitive and sarcastic comments." Sam gives his sister an annoyed smile and she returns it with one of her own.

+++

Adam practices disassembling a gun while Sam cleans a shotgun. Larissa, Jacob, and the girls are back.

"Sam... how did dad really die?" Adam asks.

"Demon." Sam says.

"You hunted it down? Got revenge?" Adam asks.

"Dean killed it." Sam says.

"We mostly just killed it cause it killed our mom when we were babies, so." Natalie says.

"So it's over for you." Sam says.

"It's never over." Sam says.

The lights go out and they hear something rattle.

"What the--" Adam starts, but Sam shushes him.

"Stay here." Sam whispers, loading his shotgun, Natalie, Jacob, and Larissa doing the same. Sam opens the door and looks around, aiming his shotgun, but doesn't find anything. There's a noise behind Sam and he turns, aiming his gun, but there's still nothing.

They hear the noise and realize it's coming from the vent on the ceiling.

"It's in the vents. Go!" Sam yells. He fires at the vent, the group running out of the room. They rush down the stairs.

"Where's your car?" Sam asks.

"Over here." Adam says.

"All right, keys." Sam says.

"Here." Adam says, giving Sam the keys. He goes for the passenger side with Natalie following. Sam fumbles with the keys before something grabs his ankles and he's yanked under the truck.

Libby screams, Larissa immediately grabbing her and making her face away.

"Sam!" Natalie shouts, rushing over to his side of the truck.

"Sam!" Adam follows her.

Natalie and Jacob try to pull Sam out while Larissa keeps Libby and Ophelia back.

"Dean, help!" Adam shouts as the Impala pulls up. Dean jumps out and races over with his shotgun. He shoots under the truck and Sam scrambles out from underneath as the thing lets go of him.

"Are you okay? Hey. Are you hurt?" Natalie worriedly asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good." Sam says.

~ ~ ~

Dean backs the truck up, revealing a sewer grate. He turns the truck off and gets out, walking over to it. There's blood on the edge of it. Sam and Natalie are leaning against the Impala, Adam, Jacob, and Larissa standing by. Ophelia and Libby are in the backseat.

"I winged it. Did you see anything?" Dean asks.

"I didn't get a good look." Sam says.

"What the hell is this thing?" Dean asks.

"Why-- who-- should we go after it?" Adam asks.

"No, no. In that maze? That thing's long gone." Dean says.

"All right, so, we don't know what it is, but we do know who it's going after. Joe Barton. Adam's mom--"

"And Adam. It was under his truck, just waiting for him."

"It set a trap, and I walked right into it." Sam says. Natalie sympathetically pats him on the arm.

"Doesn't matter. You're right -- there's a pattern. Joe Barton was a cop. I'm pretty sure he helped out dad. So we've got him, dad's girl, and his son." Dean says.

"All the people dad knew in town." Natalie sums up.

"At least we know why it's back." Dean says.

"It wants revenge." Adam says.

+++

"Grab your stuff. We'll hit the road." Dean tells Adam as they walk into his house. Adam goes upstairs.

"We shouldn't leave." Sam says, sitting at the kitchen table. He puts his injured ankle on another chair.

"Yeah, let's stay here, where the kid's mom got ganked. Good one." Dean remarks.

"I'm serious." Sam says.

"No, Sam, we're gonna take the kid, we're gonna drop him off at Bobby's, and then you two and me are gonna come back here and finish what dad started." Dean says.

"How? We got no leads, no witnesses. We do have what this thing wants." Sam says.

"You want to use the kid as bait? That's why you want to stay here?" Dean asks.

"Maybe this thing will come back. We could train Adam -- get him ready."

"He could die, Sam."

"We could all die, Dean. Even if we do kill this thing, there are tons of other freaks that want revenge, on dad, on us. What if they find the kid instead and he's not ready?" Sam asks, wrapping his ankle up.

"Nat?" Dean looks at her.

"I don't wanna use him as bait... but he does have a point." Natalie says.

Dean turns to Jacob and Larissa for their opinions, hoping somebody's on his side, but before they can say anything, Adam speaks up.

"I'll do it." They turn to the siblings' half-brother. "Whatever it takes, I'll do it. I want to do it."

+++

"So, then we lit it on fire." Sam says.

"With a homemade flamethrower?" Adam asks.

"Yeah. They're easy to build. I'll show you." Sam says.

"That is some job you got, man." Adam says.

"Being a hunter isn't a job, Adam. It's life. You're pre-med. You got a girlfriend, friends?" Sam asks and Adam nods. "Not anymore you don't. If you're really gonna do this, you can't have those kinds of connections, ever. They're weaknesses. You'll just put those people in danger, get them killed."

Dean and Natalie glance at each other.

"Wow." Larissa whispers.

"He's freaking me out." Libby whispers to her aunt.

"Me, too." Natalie whispers back.

"That's the price we pay. You cut 'em out, and you don't look back. There's only one thing you can count on. Family." Sam says.

"Well, not all family." Natalie mumbles. Dean ruffles her hair.

"Sam." Dean calls. "Can I talk to you?" Dean grabs Natalie's arm, dragging her over to the stairs and Sam follows. "What the hell was that?"

"What?" Sam asks.

""Hunting is life. You can't have connections." Dad gave you that exact same speech, remember? It was just before you ditched us for Stanford. You hated dad for saying that stuff, and now you're quoting him?"

"Yeah, well, turns out dad was right."

"Oh, my God. Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick." Natalie says.

"Since when?" Dean asks.

"Since always." Sam says.

"Am I hallucinating? I have to be hallucinating. There's no way my smart, sympathetic twin brother just said that our shithole father has always been right." Natalie says.

"Dean, when I look at Adam, you know what I see?" Sam asks.

"A kid." Dean says.

"No. Meat." Sam says and Natalie gives him a weird look. "Because to the demons and monsters out there, that's all he is. I hated dad for a long time. I did. But now, I think I understand. So we didn't have a dog and a white picket fence. So what? Dad did right by us. He taught us how to protect ourselves. Adam deserves the same."

"Wait, you're... "did right by us"?" Natalie asks.

"Yes." Sam says.

"I'm sorry, do-- are we remembering the same fucking childhood?" Natalie hisses. "What the fuck is right about stuffing your daughter in a closet and selling her for some old creep to have sex with until her brothers have to step in and save her?  And forcing me to get an abortion?"

"Natty, I-- I didn't mean that, I-- I just meant--"

"Well, then what the fuck did you mean?" Natalie questions.

"I... I'm not sure. But I can understand his reasoning behind the abortion." Sam says.

Natalie feels her heart drop, her jaw falling open.

"Dude." Dean gives his brother an incredulous look.

"Fuck you." Natalie whispers to her twin.

"No. No, Nat, I didn't--"

"No. No, you know what isn't fair? What's really fucked up? Is that he chose to raise three children in this shitty life, he had no issue giving us years and years of damage to our mentalities. He had no worries to how he was gonna raise us."

"But I can't raise one goddamn child? For what reason? What, only he's allowed to risk this kind of shit? And what hurts even worse is that only five fucking months later, Dean got a call from a hospital about a baby girl and he gets to keep her?"

"Dean gets to raise Ophelia and I had to get rid of my kid. So whatever you think he did right, he didn't do shit right. And whether this is all some fucking blatant favoritism or-or sexism or he really just hated my guts, whatever. He didn't do a single goddamn right and you know that."

Natalie storms out of the house, slamming the door shut behind her. Jacob follows her.

"What the fuck was that?" Dean smacks his brother over the head.

"Ow." Sam hisses.

"I'm sorry, are-- are you high or something? What the fuck is your problem?" Dean questions.

"You know, I recall you being on dad's side when that happened." Sam hisses.

"Yeah. When-- when I was young and stupid and-- and following dad's orders. But I know better now, you idiot. And apparently you've just grown dumber." Dean hisses.

"Okay, look, you think I'm wrong?" Sam asks.

"About dad and Natty? Yes." Dean says.

"No. About Adam." Sam says.

"I think it's too late for us. This is our life. This is who we are, okay? And it's fine. I accept that. But with Adam, he's still got a chance, man. He can go to school. He could be a doctor." Dean says.

"What makes Adam so special?" Sam asks.

"What, are you jealous of the kid?" Dean asks.

"Are you?" Sam asks and Dean doesn't answer. "Dean... all this... it's not real. The dad Adam knew -- he wasn't real. The things out there in the shadows -- they are real. The world is coming to an end. That's real. Everything else is just part of the shit people tell themselves to get through the day."

"Dad didn't have a choice with us, okay? But with Adam, he did. Adam doesn't have to be cursed."

"He's a Winchester. He's already cursed."

"No. No, whatever's hunting Adam, I'm gonna find it."

"You looked everywhere, Dean."

"Well, then, I'll look again."

+++

Natalie and Jacob are helping salt the windows and doors in the house. Adam and Larissa boarding up all the vents and Sam is also salting the entrances.

Natalie walks back into the kitchen where Sam is.

"Look, Natty, I..." Sam says.

"I'm not talking and I'm not listening." Natalie says.

"Nat--"

"No. No, I spent 19 years listening to dad's bullshit and Dean's good little soldier act. I am not listening to you be this faithful idiot to this giant piece of shit just because you're jealous of the half-brother we didn't know about. I'm jealous, too, but at least I'm not hurting my other siblings in the process."

Natalie walks out and goes upstairs where she knows Adam is. Sam sighs, hitting himself on the head, before following her upstairs.

The five stand by the vent in the floor that's in Kate's room.

"All right. We've closed off every other way into the house. If this thing's coming, it's coming through here." Sam says. They hear a door open.

"Daddy!" Libby shouts.

"You were saying?" Adam asks.

"Adam! Adam!" They hear Kate call.

"Mom?" Adam asks.

"No." Sam says.

"Mom!" Adam runs out.

"Adam!" The twins call, chasing after him downstairs, Jacob and Larissa close  behind.

"Mom." Adam rushes into the kitchen.

"Adam, wait!" Sam calls.

"It took me, but I got away." Kate says.

"It's okay." Adam says.

"I got away." Kate says and Adam hugs her. The four hunters aim their guns.

"Adam, step away from her." Sam says.

"Sam, Natalie, what the hell?!" Adam asks.

"She's not your mother!" Sam yells.

"Adam, who-- what is going on?" Kate asks.

"Get away from him!" Natalie orders.

"What is going on?" Not Kate asks.

"You listen to me." Sam says.

"It's really her, okay?" Adam says.

"There was too much blood. Your mother's dead. There was too much blood in the vents!" Sam says. He shoves Adam away from Not Kate and Adam takes the twins' shotguns.

"Adam!" Not Kate calls.

"Shoot it!" Sam orders.

"He's crazy! Honey, it's me!" Adam points the gun between the twins and his "mom".

"Adam, it's not her!" Natalie exclaims.

"Honey, it's me!" Not Kate insists.

"Look, that's not your mother!" Sam shouts.

"Baby, please!"

"Shoot it! It's not human!" Sam yells. Adam aims the gun at Not Kate and smirks.

"I know." He says before hitting Sam over the head with the butt of the shotgun and Sam falls to the floor. He hits Natalie, knocking her unconscious.

Larissa goes to shoot him, but "Kate" slams her head into the wall as Adam knocks Jacob out.

The two turn to the girls, Ophelia standing in front of Libby.

"No!" Ophelia screams, throwing her hands out when the two start to walk towards them. The two fly across the kitchen, crashing into the cabinets.

"Run. Run. Go." Ophelia shoves Libby towards the door. Libby runs outside, Ophelia going to follow, but a hand yanks her back by her hair making her cry out.

"Opi!" Libby screams.

"Just run!" Ophelia shouts. "Go!"

Libby whines, but runs as fast as she can.

"You take care of her. I'll get the little baby." Kate tells Adam who is the one who stopped Ophelia.

"No!" Ophelia screams as Kate runs outside. "No!" She sobs, fighting against Adam. He easily overpowers her and slams her head into the counter, the girl's body dropping to the floor.

Libby breathes heavily as she runs through the woods, eventually hiding behind one of the trees. She tries to catch her breath, peeking around the tree to look for Kate. She screams when somebody grabs her arm.

"There you are." Kate grins.

"No!" Libby shouts, throwing her hand out, Kate flying into another tree. Libby's eyes widen, realizing she hasn't been able to do that in a while. Or if she has, Sam and Ruby never made her use it.

"Come here, you little brat." Kate growls, standing up.

Libby holds her hands out again, sending Kate back into the tree. She runs off again, looking back to make sure Kate isn't catching up.

Libby screams when she's tackled to the ground, Kate sitting on top of her.

"No. No! No!"

"You're not human. You've got something in ya." Kate sneers. Libby whimpers as Kate leans down to her face and smells her. "And I can't wait to taste it."

Kate grabs a rock and hits Libby in the head, knocking her out.

+++

Natalie wakes up and tries to move, but opens her eyes, finding herself tied to a table. She looks around, seeing Sam tied on top of the table and he's already awake. Jacob and Larissa are tied to chairs with their backs to each other. Libby and Ophelia are tied to chairs that are next to each other. Ophelia is the only one still unconscious.

"Mmm. Fresh meat. So much better than what we're used to." Fake Kate says. She looks over, seeing Natalie awake. "Ah! Look who's joined the party!" Sam manages to look back and sees his sister.

"I should have known." Sam says. "It was the fresh kills that threw me. Ghouls don't usually go after the living. See, you're just filthy scavengers, feeding off the dead -- taking the form of the last corpse you choke down."

"And their thoughts. And their memories. Like Adam, for instance." Fake Adam says.

"Well, we are what we eat." Fake Kate says.

"You're monsters." Sam says. Fake Kate slice Sam's arm.

"You know, you use that word a lot, Sam." Fake Adam says. Fake Kate drinks Sam's blood as Fake Adam pins a knife into the table next to Sam's head. "But I don't think you know what it means."

"His blood, it tastes different." Fake Kate says. She walks over to the girls and kneels next to Libby.

"No." The young girl whines.

"No. No. Get the fuck away from her!" Sam growls, fighting against the restraints.

Libby cries out when Fake Kate slices her arm, the blood starting to drip into the bowl. She drinks Libby's blood, the young girl trying to squirm away from her but to no avail.

"Different. You two taste different than the rest." Fake Kate notes.

"Our father was a monster? Why? Because of what he ate? He never hurt anyone, Sam. Living, anyway." Fake Adam says.

"No. He was no monster. But the thing that killed him was. A monster named John Winchester." Fake Kate says.

"Well, can't argue with you there." Natalie mutters, weakly chuckling as she hides her fear behind humor.

~ ~ ~

They stabbed Sam and Adam digs his finger into the wound making Sam groan in pain. They cut both of Natalie's arms, letting her blood drip into bowls beneath her. They haven't touched Jacob or Larissa yet and whenever Ophelia starts to wake up, they just knock her out again.

Libby sits in her chair, barely able to stay awake as both her arms drip blood into bowls.

"Thanks to your daddy, my brother and I grew up on our own. At least we had each other." Fake Kate says.

"Like you two and your brother. Inseparable." Fake Adam says, licking the blood off his finger.

"That's one word for it." Natalie tiredly mumbles, feeling more energy leave her by the moment as she loses more blood.

"Actually, it was very hard to get you guys on your own." Fake Kate says.

"Like you said, Sam, the only thing you can count on is family."

"And for twenty years, we lived like rats."

"Graveyard after graveyard, all that stinking flesh."

"Then we thought, "hey, why not move up to fresher game?""

"And we knew just where to start." Adam takes the point of the knife into the cut on Sam's arm. "Revenge -- it's never over, is it, Sam?"

"First, it was John's cop friend, and then his slut, and then his son." Fake Kate says.

"Then I called John, but the son of a bitch was already dead." Fake Adam complains.

"So I guess you two and Dean will have to do instead." Fake Kate says.

"Dean won't interrupt us this time. We're gonna feed on you guys nice and slow -- like we did with Adam." Fake Adam says. "Then we're gonna work on the little psychic and your little boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Oh, and, by the way, he really was your brother. You should know that."

"He was still alive when we took our first bites."

"And he was a screamer."

They both slice Sam's arms and his blood starts to drip into bowls placed under them.

"Sam, the more you struggle, the faster you're gonna bleed out." Fake Adam says. "So you might as well lie back and relax. Your sweet, little sister and baby girl are. Baby sis already half gone. Baby girl's barely hanging on by a thread." He smirks.

"Hey!" They turn at the yell and Dean aims his shotgun, shooting Fake Adam in the shoulder.

"Dean, they're ghouls!" Sam yells out.

Dean fires at Kate, blowing her head off, blood splattering on the wall. Her headless body collapses to the floor.

"Which means headshot." Dean says. Fake Adam attacks Dean who grabs him and slams him down. Dean grabs a metal bar and tries to hit Fake Adam in the head, but Fake Adam dodges.

They continue to fight until eventually Dean is able to beat the ghoul's head in.

Dean quickly unties Jacob and Larissa since they're unharmed.

"I got Libby." Larissa assures, rushing over to the girl.

"Hey, hey." Jacob walks over to Natalie, quickly untying her. "C'mon." he mutters, helping her sit up. He presses towels to her arms, applying pressure to the wounds.

"Get... check on Opi." Natalie mumbles.

"Nat--"

"She's been hit in the head too many times. Check on Opi." Natalie says.

"Okay. Keep pressure on those." Jacob orders and Natalie hums. He kisses her on the head before rushing to the nine year old.

Larissa unties Libby and wraps the towels around her arm.

"Sweetie? Hey. Hey, sweetheart, can you hear me?" Larissa softly asks, cupping one side of Libby's face. Libby makes noise, it barely even a mumble. "Hey. You're gonna be just fine, okay? You're gonna heal in no time." She insists. She grabs another towel, holding it to the cut on Libby's head from the rock.

Dean rushes to Sam and unties him, placing towels that he grabbed on the cuts on his arms. Dean helps Sam sit up and hold the towels to his injuries.

"Come on. Come on. Hang on. All right, here we go. Hang on, buddy. All right." Dean says.

"Thank you." Sam pants.

"That's what family's for, right?" Dean says. "Keep pressure on that."

Jacob untied Ophelia and is trying to wake her up, it taking a few moments.

"Hey. Hey, there you go. There's those pretty brown eyes, kiddo." Jacob sighs in relief when Ophelia's eyes open.

"I want daddy." She mumbles.

"Yeah. Yeah, you got it. Dean." Jacob calls, moving away from Ophelia. Dean leaves Sam to fend for himself while he rushes over as Jacob goes back to Natalie.

"Hey. Hey, sweetheart." Dean greets. He picks her up, tightly hugging her as she rests against him. "Hey, you're okay. I got you."

Larissa picks Libby up, the girl still barely awake, and she walks over to Sam.

"Is she okay?" Sam asks.

"Hopefully." Larissa quietly says.

+++

It's the next night and they're in the woods and built a pyre for Adam, his wrapped up body resting on it. Once they wrapped up Libby's arm and got some food and drink in her, she got better in no time.

"You sure we should do this?" Sam asks.

"Ghouls didn't fake those pictures. They didn't fake dad's journal." Dean says, pouring lighter fluid onto the pyre. He's holding Ophelia, the girl's head resting on his shoulder, finding extra comfort in him due to her concussion. "Adam was our brother. He died like a hunter. He deserves to go out like one."

"Maybe we can bring him back. Get a hold of Cas, call in a favor." Sam says.

"No. Adam's in a better place." Dean says. He lights a match and tosses it, the pyre and Adam's body going up in flames.

"You know, I finally get why you and dad butted heads so much. You two were practically the same person." Dean says.

"Well, that's a terrifying thought." Natalie comments.

"Natty--" Sam tries, but she walks closer to the Impala, dragging Jacob with her, not giving him a chance.

"I mean, I worshipped the guy, you know?" Dean says. "I dressed like him, I acted like him, I listen to the same music. But you were more like him than I will ever be. And I see that now."

"I don't know how to take that." Sam says.

"You take it any way you want." Dean says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 3.6K 32
i know my girlfriend is a ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—–๐—› โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ season 2 - 4 dean winchester x female oc *slow updates* โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ WARNING ; bloody/gory descriptions, major chara...
44.2K 820 21
"Im your father." I said slowly. She smiled and said "nahh you're just a sperm donor." What happens when dean Winchester discovers he has a daughter...
10.8K 651 11
cover it all up with lies i try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes cause ๐—•๐—ข๐—ฌ๐—ฆ ๐——๐—ข๐—ก'๐—ง ๐—–๐—ฅ๐—ฌ โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ seasons 3 - ?? *slow updates* โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ W...