Till the end of time

Od NovaWwritesss

Linnea Johnson and Warren Reid have had a bond like no other since childhood till all of that is threatened w... Viac

*character aesthetics*
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
*A/N*

18

1.8K 35 34
Od NovaWwritesss

Remember when I said no one could ever convince me to ride the slingshot at a fair? Yeah well, that didn't last long.

I scream at the top of my lungs to the point where I think I just busted a blood vessel.

I grip Warren's hand so hard I'm surprised he doesn't tell me to let go.

Oh my god. Oh god. I'm never making it back down to earth. I squeeze my eyes shut.

I'm going to kill him when I get back down to earth. If I do, that is.

"Open your eyes, Linnea!" I hear Warren shout over the loud wind blowing from pretty much every direction.

"NO!" I think I might pop his eardrums.

Now he's laughing. Fucking laughing while I'm over here fighting for my life out here.

I'm still screaming when Warren goes to say something else.

"Linnea? Linnea the rides over." He states matter of factly.

I open my eyes slightly not believing him then all the way once I see it really is over

Well, this is awkward.

The ride operator swings by looking like he was just dying of laughter. I don't blame him. I would be too if I got to witness stuff like this all day.

He unbuckles the safety straps and I go to stand up but my legs feel like they don't work.

I look up to try again and Warren's hand is out in front of me.

I grasp it and pull myself up using leverage from his hand.

I stumble down the stairs a bit.

"You little dimwit!" I punch his arm.

"What?" He throws his arm around my shoulder.

Naomi looks like she's about to pee herself as she's basically cackling leaning into Dayton and he looks like the happiest little lad in the world.

"Guys we have to go on the bumper cars!" Maeve suggests jumping up and down.

"Yeah for sure just give me like 5 minutes for my stomach to recover from that horrid thing" I point to the slingshot slightly leaning into Warren's side so I don't fall over.

After I finally recover we head over to the bumper cars and wait in line. Naomi is standing in front of Dayton leaning on him as he fiddles with the hair tie on her wrist.

I give her a questioning look and she returns it by mouthing "I will tell you later."

We get seated into our bumper cars and just as we're about to start I gotta make sure Reid knows who's boss.

"You're going down to the ground, Reid? You hear me? Down." I point my finger to the floor.

"Yeah?" He crosses his arms. I nod quickly.

"We will see about that." He smiles at me.

The buzzer goes off and cars start going everywhere I can hear the chains holding the bunker cars clanking around and around.

I feel a sudden impact from behind me and quickly whip around and am met with Naomi. We both charge at each other quickly only to bounce away from each other just as fast.

As I'm rolling back I see out of the corner of my eye Warren coming at me full speed before I can even turn to face him he trucks into me.

I get the wind knocked out of me with that one, I quickly recover though.

Big muscles and all, I jerk the car in his direction then the cars come to a halt.

"Aww man"

"Damn it!"

"I was just about to get him!"

People complain as they do it. We exit our cars and go and stand about in the middle of the fair.

"Naomi and I are going to head out, see you guys on Monday?" Dayton says holding Naomi's hand.

"Alright, bud see ya." Tyler pats his back and Warren tells him goodbye.

As they walk away we all face to turn each other with wide eyes.

"They are for sure going to fuck in the car," Tyler says while eating cotton candy.

"Oh yeah, 100%." I try to hold in my laughter but I can't do it.

I burst out laughing then the rest follow and we get a few weird looks but we don't care. I truly love my friends, they are my family.

"Tyler and I are going to go check out some of the games. You guys wanna come?" Maeve points to the game section.

"I wanted to go on the Ferris wheel but you guys go ahead," I say happily.

"I can go with you? If you want ?" Warren turns to me.

I nod. "Meet back here in 30?" I ask looking between Tyler and Maeve.

We all agree and go our separate ways. Warren and get to the Ferris wheel at the perfect moment when there is no line.

We walk up the stairs and settle into the not-so-sturdy Ferris wheel seat.

"Have you ever been on one of these before?" I ask Warren and he shakes his head no.

"Are you kidding me? How have you not, Ferris wheels are so fun." I tell him to bring the rusty bar over our laps and settle in.

"I don't know, I've always been too scared." He admits.

The ride starts and we start moving upward. He grabs my hand quickly, holding my hand tightly.

I don't mind though.

I look up at the sky and see the stars light up the night sky and I admire it taking it all in.

There are not many times in your lifetime you get to sit up on a Ferris wheel in your 20s with your best friend looking up at the stars.

I don't want it to ever end. I glance at Warren to see him already looking at me.

There's something in his eye I can't quite read, and I've always been able to read what he's feeling. Well, most of the time.

We come to a sudden stop causing the Ferris wheel cart to rock slightly. He starts to panic thinking we're stuck but I assure him it's just more people getting on.

He calms down a bit. I sigh thankfully.

"Do you ever miss it? Being a kid I mean?" Warren asks me.

"Yes, besides the part of me getting bullied but I do miss a lot of things from it. The good stuff." I tell him honestly.

"Those kids were assholes." He says annoyed.

I scoff. "You're tellin me." I laugh.

"You are beautiful Linnea. I mean it. Those kids back then were just jealous of you, you didn't deserve any of it." He says with a serious look on his face along with something else. "Always calling you names, fucking idiots." he scoffs.

Something unrecognizable.

I don't even know what to say.

He clears his throat.

"Have you ever been in love?" He suddenly asks taking me by surprise.

I don't know how to answer his question. I know for a fact I did not love my ex. So I guess I haven't been in love before.

I wonder what it feels like.

If you get that rush when you see them.

Or that spark when you touch.

And the feeling of knowing you are safe with them no matter what, and they feel safe with you as well.

I want that.

All of it.

"No" I answer "I haven't."

I look at him as he nods slowly his Adam's apple bobbing.

"Have you ever been in love, Warren?" I repeat his question to him.

"No." He admits, quickly.

I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. That's weird.

"Think you'll ever fall in love someday?" He looks up at the sky and then at me.

I'm not sure. I sure as hell hope so though.

"I hope so" I say humorously. He nods slightly thinking.

"And what about you? Think you'll find your dream girl one day?" I turn to him nervously. What the hell, why am I nervous? My heart is literally running a marathon.

"Yeah, I think I will." Looking me dead in the eye. Butterflies swarm my stomach but I suppress it quickly. What is going on with me?

Once we get back to the ground finally I get up from the bench and walk ahead of Warren.

I spot Maeve and Tyler talking by the games and I walk over to them quickly.

I hear Warren calling after me and I whip around fast.

"Wait up Lils." He jogs up to me.

"Haha sorry," I say to him walking slower.

"Don't apologize, hey? Are you good?" He asks me softly.

"Yeah. Yes, just a little dizzy from the Ferris wheel ya know?" I twirl my finger in circles pointing at my head.

He gives me a funny look, "Right." He draws out.

"I'm going to head to the bathroom quickly, okay?" I gesture to the line of porta potties lined up.

I walk away before he can answer. As soon as I reach the door I shuffle in quickly slamming the door and exhaling slowly.

I take a few deep breaths as I pull my phone out of my pocket and click on Naomi's contact.

It rings about 5 times before she picks up.

"Hey bitch." She sounds out of breath. I don't even want to know honestly.

"Hey girl." I laugh softly "Are you on speaker?" I ask. "Are you with anyone?" I follow up with.

"What? No, why? Why would I be with anyone?" She speaks a thousand miles per hour.

"Okay okay good," I say.

"What's up?" I hear her voice.

"I think I like Warren." I rush out feeling my palms sweaty and my stomach feels like it's still on a roller coaster.

My best friend. I can't do that though. Can I? It would ruin our friendship. And what if he doesn't like me back or feel the same way?

"Well I mean yeah, you guys are best friends?" She giggles.

I run my free hand down my face.

"No-no, I mean I think I like like Warren," I repeat.

"Ohh." She finally gets it, thank heavens.

"Oh shit." She drawls out.

"Ohh shit." She repeats.

Yep. I know. Oh shit.

..........................

Indeed oh shit.

That was really fun to write. See the story is finally going somewhere🤭

Next chapter in Mr.Reid's pov 😯

ONCE AGAIN FEEL FREE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK IDEAS AND WHAT YOU WANNA SEE HAPPEN WITH OUR LOVELY CHARACTERS.

YOU ARE STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL AND DESERVE THE WORLD DONT FORGET THAT.

BYEEEEE

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

My Other Half Od Xayley Rose

Tínedžerská beletria

1.2K 417 50
Some people wait their whole lives to find the perfect friend. But not Isabella Washington. She knew she'd be best friends with Aiden Cunningham the...
17.2M 418K 26
Nobody can forget their first kiss. Even if you were only 6 years old. Especially when the person who kissed you was your older brother's bestfriend...
27.6K 756 61
Wenclair story about love's slow process, adventure and taking risks ⚠️ Warning: grooming, manipulation, violence, abuse and gore BASICALLY it's a...
8.4M 152K 63
𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜...