the perfect pair | PABLO GAVI

By fcestx

โ˜† ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ two futbol players, same club, same number; start everything off on the wrong foot onl... More

cast
[1] dates? since when?
[2] "no interest"
[3] don't tell xavi
[4] you're texting-
[5] ballon d'Or prep
[6] posts
[7] can tonight night be over?
[8] disaster
[9] far from home
[10] he was right
[11] don't even
[12] interviews
[13] new beginnings
A/N
[14] day 'n' nite
[15] wrong number
[16] what last night caused
[17] realization of it all
[18] post
[19] shouldn't have called
[21] moonlight on the river
[22] with you in the crowd
[23] mastermind
[24] posts
[25] need you
[26] birthday bash
[27] posts
[28] super copa 1
[29] super copa 2
[30] posts
[31] promo video
[32] gold rush
[33] the perfect pair
- end -
bonus
A/N
A/N

[20] stop fucking up

6K 124 10
By fcestx

Y/N's POV

"will you two stop complaining?!" jana who yells at us from outside salma's side of the car is filling the car with gas and we can't even say anything but groan as a response. she's right i guess, we did go a little overboard. "pass the advil." before i left the house, i snatched it off the counter and ran out before jana got even more upset at us.

i comply and hand it to salma who doesn't even take a sip of water to have it go down. "what time did you even end up sleeping, y/n?"

if only they knew.

i remember everything as if i were completely sober.

that's something gavi didn't know about me.

if he did, maybe he would've stopped to realize that he was being stupid for getting upset over something he never tells me about... again.

i even stayed up after the call trying to put two in two together.

had i said something? was he upset that we didn't hang out instead? did something happen to him with the team?

he's so confusing and it's been blowing me more than usually. "i'll have you know the second i found my room, i crashed." if i had told her otherwise, she'd probably jump through the window to slap me.

she got back in and those last five minutes was me looking out the window and realizing people were already lined up outside the entrance.

"jana if you don't put my window up-"

salma, who's having trouble rolling up her window is panicking and is having a full on fight with that button. "i'm going!" she's driving with one hand now trying to get the button but it's a bit too late from what i can see.

everyone's phones are pressed against the window while the traffic guards clear a path for us.

"i doubt the pictures will be that bad." i also doubt what i said is helping salma forget about it.

"parezco que me atropellaron." she side eyes me as she says that. "okay both of you get out my car already." we hadn't even noticed jana had already opened the trunk getting our stuff out.

salma and i make our way, but from what i can see, we're not alone.

lewandowski, jordi, balde, pedri, and stegen's car all pull in. i immediately go for my phone just to check the schedule but nothing had changed so they're clearly up to something.

jana closes and locks her car and just as we're going up, everyone else met us halfway.

"again?!" stegen hates nothing more than a schedule malfunction. "maybe you guys got it wrong because theres no change in our schedule." i suggest but i'm also hiding behind salma and jana because i doubt gavi can even remember last night and probably thinks everything is okay between us.

"i checked the second i saw your car, no change either."

we all share this look.

"yeah no they're up to something." and everyone agrees with pedri.

but what could it possibly be? we all walk in, everyone finds themselves with someone to talk to but because theres an odd number, i have to tag along with jordi and jana while i can feel how close balde, pedri, and gavi are right behind me.

it feels like vultures are flying right above me.

"so, y/n," balde caught up to me and was walking left on my left startles me to death. "get enough sleep? you look a little.."

he trails off, maybe for the better because i was giving him a snake eye before he could finish.

"i'm fine, ale. you?"

"great actually, now that we're having a conversation because-"

"good morning, y/n/n."

what the hell did gavi just call me?

that's one i've never heard and did not expect from him of all people. "hey." straightforward, nothing more to say, so why does he feel the need to keep going? "how'd your night with those two go?" he nudges at jana and salma as if they don't have names and i just know they're gonna say something about it later. "it was good."

he seriously can't take a hint. i'm so conscious of the way i pick up my pace that i embarrass myself just to get away from him.

i pull out my phone instead so it seems like i at least have a reason for being a bitch this early morning but i can't forget the reason for it is still trailing behind me.

jordi puts his id in and the only person i know has an answer we're all looking for is lola.

"lola, do you know why we're all here?" just as i say that, the door clicks after another id is accepted and we're all slowly filling in the lobby. "xavi and jonatan are... well, unhappy and needs everyone on the third floor meeting room."

everyone groans and i can only throw but head back in annoyance because we know we're gonna be in there for a while. unfortunately everyone booked it to the elevators, including jana and salma who were now waving at me goodbye. "i need new friends."

i can't believe they just ditched me.

"ouch."

please say you're joking. "the stairs aren't so bad, at least we can take it together-"

"i'll wait for another elevator, thanks anyways." i move past him as swiftly as i can before his hand grabs onto mine. "i'm so confused-"

"figured." i turn away again before he yanks on my arm this time. "i didn't even get to finish to ask you what's wrong!"

this just proved he really has no idea about our conversation last night

"i don't know, maybe the fact that you were a total dick last night to me for no reason whatsoever. don't drunk call me and expect me to be okay the next morning." his expression has never changed so fast and he looks mortified. "i called you?!"

all i could do was nod, "you shut me the fuck out when you were the one who kept calling. all i did was call back because you actually had me thinking something was wrong."

i was so worried just for him to fuck up again.

"what'd i even say-" i can't help but cut him off every time. "something about balde. your friend!"

i look at him, and it's as if his entire thought process went blank. honestly, it's no surprise from him.

GAVI's POV

i may not remember exactly what happened within that call, but the second she brought up balde i could only imagine where this is going.

"he- he's interested in you, and i don't know why i got upset. maybe i was stressed, but, i know that isn't a good excuse, or one at all!"

"yeah, it isn't."

i couldn't think of anything else to say other than confessing someone else's but my own feelings for her. "this isn't even the first time though, gavi. it's seriously pissing me off that you keep doing this."

i've been told i'm not so easygoing when i'm upset, but it sounds worse coming from her.

"plus that still isn't a good explanation as to why balde having a crush on me has to do with you."

in my mind, it has everything to do with me.

but i simply cannot put it into words just yet. "this sounds self centered and all but, were you jealous or something?"

"no i just.. i guess i was just looking out for you."

both of us are now standing there awkwardly as if the meeting hasn't already started. "from balde? he's great and i don't need that from you, or anything. i just wish you'd control your shit and i'm sorry if it sounds like i'm invalidating your feelings but-"

"but i wanna make it right because you're always right. i really don't wanna keep doing this to you."

i never wanna make her deal with my shit whenever i'm frustrated but that's all i've been doing.

"i can take it, and i have."

and when she doesn't one day, then what?

i lose this all over again? no, not happening.

"i don't want you to take it anymore. i promise-"

"don't promise me a thing. let's just go to the meeting and we'll do something afterwards because we both know neither of us want to fight this way again." if only my reaction to that wasn't so out there, or the next thing i said.

"anything with you."

i'd hate to ruin our perfect moment, which is why i'm not asking about balde again. if either of them were really so interested, then it would've happened by now.

i can do nothing but focus on the good that's always in front of me.

she's so perfect it really does hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 4.1K 35
โœฟ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ y/n martinez, daughter of luis enrique (spain's coach), and her family accompany their father to the 2022 world up in qatar and...
99.5K 2.5K 62
โ˜† when he's all she wants to be, but she's all he wants to be. fc barcelona's best youngsters, made in la masia; camile santana and pablo gavi p...
28.2K 284 35
One random weekend, one random Saturday at one random restaurant everything began. ~Pablo Gavi~ young Football player for Barcelona FC. His whole c...
28.8K 542 19
ห–โบโ€งโ‚Šหšโ™กหšโ‚Šโ€งโบห– "๐—ถ'๐—บ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ท๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜๐˜†๐—ฝ๐—ฒ!" "๐—ผ๐—ต ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ต?" "๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ต." ห–โบโ€งโ‚Šหšโ™กหšโ‚Šโ€งโบห– ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ...