Light, Glorious Light

By LemuelMcMillan

The world has been overrun by monsters. Governments have toppled, nations have fallen. Desperation has ushe... More

Copyright
Run, Akiva, Run
A Song for the Departed
The Old World
A Future, Together
Pride Home
The Yellow Sun
Stripes of a Cat
Before the Pride
The Mouse and The Lion
The Queen of the Jungle
Pound of Flesh
The Mothers Secret
Flight of the Free
The Waste
Sheltered
The Hungry Darkness
Mothers Love
A Message from the Author

Author's Notes

280 12 0
By LemuelMcMillan

Greetings Mortals!

Welcome to The Bright Waste, a somewhat bleak glimpse into an alternate future following a global pandemic of almost biblical proportions. With the current state of the world it is quite fitting though I wrote this story back in 2015-2016. I had no idea COVID would sweep the globe. Ha, the idea of living through a pandemic in my lifetime was not even on my radar. As they say, the writer's imagination can be quite prophetic. Crazy.

Let me warn you, The Bright Waste is a merciless place full of dangerous threats, big and small. Bloodthirsty raiders rule the day. Mutants and monsters claim the night as their own. Continue at your own peril, friends.

Do you think you have what it takes to survive the perils of a broken world? I hope so. Remember: The light is your salvation.

The Original Cover

Shoutout to @TheScarlettRabbit who created this awesome cover for me. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155 0 37
Eve awoke with no memory of who she was except for her name. She wasn't sure why or how, but she quickly found herself in the middle of an apocalypse...
10.3K 757 31
Decades after a reanimating virus brought on The Fall of humanity, a horde comes sweeping through the east coast, taking down everything in its path...
2.2K 411 19
Sometimes she wishes she could go back to her ordinary life, but deep down she knows everything happened for a reason. Living in the small town of Ro...
1.3M 57.8K 43
All Julianna knew growing up was fighting and killing. Being a contract killer was the only thing she knew how to do. However being too good at one...