Till the end of time

Av NovaWwritesss

Linnea Johnson and Warren Reid have had a bond like no other since childhood till all of that is threatened w... Mer

*character aesthetics*
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
*A/N*

15

2.1K 38 20
Av NovaWwritesss

2 weeks later

"Give that back to me you little shit" I launched myself at Oliver to retrieve my phone.

"Mom!" Oliver yells. "Dayton said a potty word!" I'm convinced this kid is asking me to strangle him.

"Dayton! What did we say about using potty words?" Mrs. Fisher asks me with a scowl.

"Do not say them" I respond in a sing song voice.

"That's right. Now Oliver gives Dayton his phone back honey, so we can get going."

"He was texting his girlfriend though Mom" He whines. That little dick.

He rolls his eyes as I hold my hand out raising an eyebrow at him. He drops the phone in my hand and I give him a small wave wiggling my fingers as he walks out the door behind his mom.

Naomi and I may or may have not been exchanging a few texts  over the past few weeks. Nothing crazy, just casual talk.

And we might have hung out once or twice. It was just studying for school though.

Yes, school school-related. Yeah.

I like her. She's just. Words can't even describe her.

We had a fallout after she walked in on a situation and left before I could explain it to her.

We were not officially dating at the time but I was planning on asking her to be my girlfriend soon.

Then Amanda had to ruin it all.

Fucking Amanda.

I was minding my business in my room and she walks in after Tyler left as they were hooking up at the time and started to take her fucking clothes off.

And I was shirtless because well, it's my room.

I have never been so confused in my whole life.

For one I've never even spoken to her before and secondly, she was just fucking Tyler!

Anyway, Naomi walked in at the wrong time as Amanda was climbing into my bed just before I was about to tell her to fuck off.

After that, Naomi has pretty much hated my guts but slowly she's been easing back up to me.

I'm not sure when I should tell her about the whole situation.

I'm not even sure if she would want me back after either so I'm just going to put it on the back burner for now.

I look up to see Warren leading against the island on his phone. "Have you talked to Linnea recently?"

"She told me she needed time so I'm just kind of waiting I guess." He grabs a glass out of the cupboard and fills it up with water.

"What are you even going to say to her when you guys talk?" I ask.

"Honestly? I don't know. I don't know if I'm ready to tell her about my mom. I'm surprised she hasn't found out about it now considering how close they were before we moved to college." He tells me.

I hum.

He's told me about the incident with his mom and everything about 2 years ago after their fight.

Flashback

"Ever think I don't need to tell you every detail of my life Linnea?" I hear Warren raise his voice from the other room.

This is getting a bit out of hand I must say. I've only known this dude for a little bit but I'm about to waltz in there and tell him to chill the fuck out.

But then again the girl is screaming too.

Very heated, maybe they'll fuck it out.

Angry sex style.

I honestly don't even know why they are Fighting.

They've been best friends since childhood and I only know that he never shuts up about her in the few weeks we've known each other.

"I know that Reid, I just don't like when we keep secrets that are causing us to drift apart." I hear her say, sounding exhausted.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I'm sorry I just can't do it LiLee." His voice begins to break.

I go into the bathroom and hop in the shower trying not to invade their privacy more than I already have.

Once I get out of the shower I hear another voice yelling through the house which makes me quickly get dressed and run downstairs.

I see Warren crying. Like actually crying, I've never seen him cry before.

Well, again I've only known him a few weeks.

I don't say a word, I just pull him into a hug.

"My- My mom" He croaks out.

"What bud?" I have a question.

"She's dead. My mom is dead. I can't take it anymore. I couldn't drag Linnea in my sad horrible misery all the time. Now I've lost her. For good." He cries into my shoulder.

"She's never going to want to talk to me again, not ever Dayton. Oh god. What have I done?" He says looking into my eyes. His eyes are red.

"Hey hey relax man, it's okay. You hear me? It's okay "I rub his back when confronting him.

"Breath" I remind him as his breathing slows.

"I just lost my best friend. What am I going to do" He whispers quietly.

"I don't know." I accidentally said, it just slipped out.

"Well, no shit, dipshit." He looks at me, eyes red.

"Eh?" I shrug.

Flashback over

"Then what are you going to do Reid? You've been keeping this from her for 3 years. Do you think she's just going to all Holly Jolly come back cause you say you're sorry and give no explanation? She deserves better than that Warren, you know that." I walk upstairs shutting my door.

I care about Linnea I really do and I can't watch Reid do this. He confuses me sometimes.

The next day.

Punch. Punch. Punch.

The bag goes flying back with each fist I throw at it.

I feel the sweat dripping down my forehead and my knuckles start to become more and more sore.

I finally stop and sit on the bench closest to me and take a sip out of my water.

As I'm sipping my water in peace I see Naomi walk by.

I nearly choke on my water.

Naomi? Namoi is here. Why is she here? She's never mentioned her being into boxing.

"Hey blackford," I say, putting a smile on my face.

Her head quickly snaps in my direction and my smile only grows at the site of her gorgeous face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask putting my water bottle back in my bag.

She comes and sits on the bench next to me. "What are you doing here?"

I shrug " I asked first"

"I come here like twice a week." Her gaze at my hands as I unstrap my boxing mitts.

"So Jones, I answered your question. Surprise! It's your turn, honey." she says with a deadly glare.

She scares me.

"I-uh I box here basically whenever I'm not playing basketball." I stutter like a fool.

She makes me all giddy inside. It pisses me off. Oh who am I kidding, I love it.

"Okay shortcake," She says standing up and walking away.

She's trying to kill me, I'm convinced.

"Naomi, wait up!" I stand up and jog after her.

"So I was thinking." I start, and she gives me a look as if to say keep going.

"Um, I was thinking do you want to..." damn it I can't get the words out.

"Spit it out Jones, I know words are hard." She says in a mocking tone.

"Haha funny," I say with a straight face.

"Would you like to go on a date?" I say.

"With me." I will clarify.

"Tomorrow" I add.

She looks at me like I'm the craziest man on earth. I probably am.

"Look Dayton, here's the thing." Oh boy.

"I'm kind of talking to Caden right now and I don't know how serious it is yet." She can't be serious.

We've literally been hanging out these past few weeks. Caden can go screw himself.

"And, you hurt me Dayton. Badly, and I don't really care for the reason anymore as it was a year ago but remember that too." I'm too stunned to speak.

She gives me a small smile and walks away and I'm left reflecting on the consequences of my own actions.

God im such a hypocrite here I am telling Warren he needs to suck it up and tell Linnea what she deserves to know and I can't even do it myself.

If I would have just tried harder to explain to her. I guess after a certain point I gave up on trying to tell her as she would not even let me get a peep out about it.

I think im going to have to have a conversation with this Caden guy.

........

Here is Daytons pov for ya. He's interesting I must say

Next chapter with be either in Linnea's pov or warrens pov we will see

Will Linnea give Warren the chance to explain himself? Same with Naomi?

Feel free to leave comment/feedback and things you'd like to see.

LOVE YALL BYE 😘😘

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

26.8K 826 16
*A SHORT WINTER ROMANCE* .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅. 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 and 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 used to be best friends. Until Bonnie's parents decided to mo...
2K 27 38
Hearts intertwine, but some remain elusive than others. *** In the hushed corners of the campus library and the roaring arenas of ice hockey, Mila Yo...
47.2K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
17.2M 418K 26
Nobody can forget their first kiss. Even if you were only 6 years old. Especially when the person who kissed you was your older brother's bestfriend...