.โ€ขWhat Once Wasโ€ข. (vix...

By cockroachquesadilla

"๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด." In the amidst of a boring life, Y/n finds herse... More

All for Them.
Don't do anything reckless.
A Nice Gesture.
Secrets are key.
Frisky.
Heartfelt & Corny Convos.
Bubbling Fountain.
Tip from Little Man.
Mistake.
Worried.
On the Run.
Sacrifices.
Unsaid Goodbyes.
The Way it is Now.
Trying.
Talk about It.
Lost & Found.
On One Condition.
Not Alone.
Famous Soup.
Firelights.
Strays.
Guests.
Rich.

Curiousity.

374 16 4
By cockroachquesadilla

After the events, Ekko stated that you were not going on any present ones until you healed fully.
Obviously you thought that was a bunch of bull and tried to insist on tagging along, but Ekko pulled the 'you need to try to ask for help' card. Unfortunately it worked, even though it was irrelevant, but you just let it be.
So when he left to go keep an eye on things, you had to stay where you were.

Luckily Bex was there to keep you company.
Somewhat.
You just sighed as you sat in front of the mural, watching away as she played with the other kids.
She looked like she was having a blast, meanwhile you were bored out of your ass.
You had tried to read one of Ekko's books, but found them to be incredibly boring, so instead you were working on how to improve the crystalizing bomb.

You thanked the skies that your little inventor skills never left you, because then you'd be dead of boredom.
So here you were now, thoroughly investigating the circuits of one of the bombs.
"Hey monny!"
Bex's suddenness caused you to jump, activating the bomb and causing it to fall and crystalize all over the ground.
You groaned.

"Oops."
"It's fine, it'll be able to break after a few minutes. What'd you need Bexie?"
She sat next to you, swinging her legs.
"I just wanted to be with you monny."
You smiled.
"That's sweet. Now what do you really need?"
She giggled, before turning to look at the mural.
"I just wanted to know who all those people are. I know the recent ones are the Firelights who left earlier than they should've, because that's what Ekko said, but I dunno the others."

You turned to look at the mural as well, gazing over all the familiar faces.
"Like who is that boy with goggles?"
You remained silent for a while, hoping to have enough composure to be able to answer all her curious questions.
You inhaled, before answering.
"That boy was Claggor. He was incredibly smart, and very strong. Soft spoken too. He was sweet, a very kind person. Every time anybody would feel sad, he'd be the first person to ask what was wrong."

Her mouth was slightly agape as she peered over the painted wall.
"Was he as strong as you or Ekko?"
"Definitely."
"And why'd he wear goggles?"
"I never did find out actually, I think he carried them around to look cool."
She giggled.
"And what about him?"
She asked, pointing towards Mylo.
"That's Mylo. He was very, very blunt; he had no filter."

"What does that mean?"
She asked, her brow raised.
You could only chuckle.
"It means he always said what was on his mind. But even then, he always cared about those around him, even if it wasn't noticeable."
She nodded.
"Was he strong too?"
"Hmm, in a way. But he was very willing, and always strived to be equally strong like Claggor."

She looked around, before her eyes landed on Powder.
"And who was the girl under Claggor? Her hair is pretty."
You sighed, wrapping your arm around Bex.
"That was Powder. She was incredibly smart, like Claggor. And she was just as eager as you, always wanting to be with other people, and always wanted to have fun."
She smiled.
"Did she know how to draw like me?"
You felt your eyes tearing up, but didn't dare let the tears fall.

"Yeah! Just like you, always doodling on everything." Her eyes widened, and she let out a 'woahh'.
"Did she also have no filter?"
"No, she wasn't blunt Bexie. She was very sweet, just like Claggor, maybe even more."
She stayed quiet for a little, inspecting every single face and finally found another who interested her.

"Who's the man next to Powder?"
"That was Vander. He was like a dad to all of them, Claggor, Powder, and Mylo. So protective of them, and always wanting the best for all.
He was very kind, and was always very empathetic towards me."
She looked lost in thought.
"What's em-path-etic?"
"That he was always able to tell people's emotions. If you ever needed help, or had trouble with something, he'd be there to help."

"He sounds like a nice man." She replied, swinging her legs.
"He was a very nice man." You affirmed.
She looked over the wall yet again, and pointed towards Benzo.
"Who's he?"
"That was Benzo. He was Ekko's dad. I didn't get to know him very well, but he was a great friend to Vander, and an even greater father to Ekko. He was very sarcastic, and very funny, always filled with jokes."

"Why is he not with Ekko anymore?"
You sighed.
"Because he had to leave earlier than he should've Bexie."
"Why?"
"It's a mystery. Nobody knows why it happens, but it's something that happens commonly."

She nodded, skimming the wall yet again.
And finally, she asked the most difficult question yet.

"And who was the girl below Benzo? The one with pink hair."
You stayed silent for a moment, hoping that you wouldn't cry, because you hated crying.
"That was Violet, but we called her Vi."
"What was she like?"
You looked down at the floor, then looked back up again when you regained your stability.
"She was a great person. She was just as strong as Claggor, if not more. She was always protecting those around her, even when they didn't need it. Always cracked jokes and made someone laugh with ease, oh I spent hours laughing with her.
Vi had a big heart, so full of love. She loved all her siblings, Mylo, Claggor, Powder equally. She loved me too." You murmured, whispering the last part as you couldn't tear your eyes off the painted wall.

Bex turned to you, and tilted her head.
"Were you her sister too?"
You laughed, blinking away the tiny tears that threatened to spill.
"No, nothing like that Bexie. She was my girlfriend."
She looked back at the mural.
"Is she still your girlfriend? Why is she not with you anymore?"

"I'm afraid not Bex. She also had to leave." You finished.
"Do you still love her either way? Even though she left?"
A stray tear escaped, and you cursed under your breath.
"I do Bexie. Still do."
"Are you crying monny? Don't cry, it's gonna be okay. I'll give you a hug to make you feel better."

She stood, wrapping her small arms around you as you returned the gesture.
"Thank you Bex, I feel much better."
She smiled.
"Can you play with me now?"
You laughed, shaking your head, not able to believe this little girl.
"Yeah I'll play with you Bex."

•. •. •.

The sun had gone down, and you were left to do some cooking for the Firelights who'd gone out and wouldn't return late at night.
Not that you were complaining, because if you wouldn't have been cooking you'd be yet again, bored out of your mind.
And finally, you heard the familiar whirring of the hoverboards.
"Bex, help me take some plates, would you?"
She eagerly nodded and took two, while you took the remaining three.

Ekko took off his mask, and smiled when he saw you both and the food.
"This is why you're awesome."
"I know."
Bex grumbled.
"What about me?!"
"You too Bex. Actually, you're more awesome."
She grinned, and you jokingly rolled your eyes.
"Whatever."

When you finished handing out the plates, Ekko dug in while you and Bex accompanied him on a table outside. "Bexie, how about you go play with your friends? Me and Ekko are gonna talk about grown up stuff." You stated, looking down at her as she nodded understandingly before running off.
"How was it? Did you guys run into any trouble?"
He shook his head.
"Fortunately not. Everything was calm today, but there's still talk about the chaos from days ago."

"Is there any intel on why she did it? It seems random, and theres hardly any motive."
He shook his head, massaging his temple.
"That's exactly our point. Word is going around that apparently she stole something, some artifact. She caused the fire in order to create a distraction."
"How many died?"
"6. The others were heavily injured."
You exhaled.

"I never understand half the shit she does. What's she even trying to get at with some random thing from Piltover?" You murmured, rubbing your eyes. He shrugged, shaking his head.
"Enough about that. What happened with you today?" Ekko asked, swiftly moving on from subjects.

"I had a little experimental experience, also had a little playdate with Bex and the other kids. Today, she asked about the mural too."
Ekko's eyes slightly widened.
"What'd she ask about?"
"The people on there. Powder, Mylo, Claggor, Vander, Benzo, Vi. She wanted to know what they were like." You stated, a small melancholic smile on your face.
"I'm surprised she hadn't asked sooner. How'd you handle it?"
"Fine. It was tougher when I had to answer her question in regards of 'where babies came from'."

He chuckled.
"I still remember that, and the look on your face. Man that was hilarious. Storks, really?"
You scoffed.
"Hey! You don't have to take care of a kid, you wouldn't know. That was the only way of explaining it to her in a simpler way. I am not gonna get into details, not until she's older atleast and I'll have to deal with it then."

"I guess you're right."
"I'm always right."
"Mhm. And again, I'm 7 feet tall."

•.                  ゜★。・゜☆                   .•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 2.7K 23
You where taken in by Vander along with Vi and Powder. You became best friends with both of them and maybe developed a small crush on powder. But whe...
12.7K 473 22
COMPLETED! - ,, โ๐—œ ๐——๐—ข๐—ก๐—ง ๐—ฃ๐—œ๐—–๐—ž ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—ก๐—ข๐—ฆ๐—˜.โž โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ you met your girlfriend online and decided to move in with her and her friends along wi...
6.1K 220 9
What if Vander had 5 kids, and Mylo had a sister. Meet Maya Mylos younger sister, the one who followed him. Who...
91K 2.8K 43
This is the first story, I'm writing a better one of this so if it's your first time reading this, if you wish you can wait a couple of days till I p...