Daydreamin'

By karenhaley1512

When Kennedy Hale enters her senior year at Oakheart high, she hopes everything goes as how she wishes it to... More

Aesthetics
AP Biology and bumping into random people

Tutoring sessions plus perfect abs equals disaster

19 5 9
By karenhaley1512

Author's Note:

Hey guys,

Daydreamin' is my first serious novel, so your support would help me a lot right now. Please feel free to comment and lemme know what you think. You can dm me if you think there should be any changes to this story. I'm open to constructive criticism.

Btw, please bear with Kennedy and Jackson for the first few chapters of this story. Their unequivocal love might tire you a bit, but it shows the degree of how passionate and lovestruck they are for each other. And this is very crucial to this story because this is their calm before the storm.

On a personal note, my love life isn't half as wonderful as theirs. Kennedy and Jackson are just not some High School It couple, living for others. They don't need to prove their love to anyone. All that PDA is not them making a point to someone. They've been through a lot. Both of them have been a constant support to each other throughout the story. Their history goes long back which I will be writing as flashbacks throughout the story. But they do share a lot of important memories and it is really important to mention them in the story.

If you're bored already, hold on for a few chapters cuz the night has just begun.

You're gonna so love this story, I promise. Trust me on this, really.

So please comment and vote.

xoxo,

Karen

___________________

Kennedy's POV:

Three years ago...

"Kennedy, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but I prefer Ken to be honest"

"Okay, then Ken it is"

I smiled at him.

"So, lets begin"

And that's how I started tutoring Jackson Sánchez, the popular football captain of Oakheart High, who has stolen the hearts of the teenage youth of Oakheart.

And the fact is, I'm not even exaggerating.

By the time the first semester got over, the girls were all simping over him, and the guys wanted to be Jackson Sánchez, the football star who joined Oakheart high mid-year and brought boundless fame to the already renowned football 'hub' in the mainland US.

His perfect abs and muscular build and his attractive personality allured everyone towards him like a moth to a flame. Even the teachers were charmed by him.

But even Sánchez, with his charm, couldn't lure the teachers into giving him an A when he doesn't deserve it.

So unfortunately- for the both of us- we're stuck in this library, with me being forced to teach him Calculus, for our test tomorrow, when I clearly should be sitting in my room preparing for it myself.

I really don't have to waste my time tutoring some guy I know nothing about. In fact, based on everything I've heard, I have a less-than-good opinion about him. Not that I totally trust the gossips made in this small dungeon of high school students who consider ruining other peoples lives for their entertainment as a serious career decision, but according to the countless novels I have read, the statistics suggest that this guy might be a pompous ass.

Something about him intrigues me though. The fact that Sánchez has never dated anyone in the recent past. According to the gossips around the school - you can never believe how much tales idle freshman make about him- and his Instagram account, Sánchez has never committed to a girl, and even if he has, any records of it can be traced back to a year.

Why though? Is he afraid of commitment?

But anyways, I don't see how or why I need to know this, so I push it to the back of my mind, among the topics I want to think upon when I'm free.

The reasonable part of my brain reprimands that his dating history should be of my least concern, but the topic piques my interest, and since I am going to have a direct acquaintance with him for some matter, I tell my subconscious to shut up as this topic is no more a forbidden curiosity.

Damn this. I've no idea how I got myself into this.

But this proves my theory, studying good doesn't always yield the best results. You also end up with unfortunate additional commitments like this.

"Kennedy?", a voice distantly called.

Damn, he has a sexy Spanish accent and his deep voice reverberates through my body.

Focus on the task, Kennedy.

"Yeah, lets begin"

And so I begin tutoring him.

He keeps staring at me the whole time, I wonder if he  is even listening to me.  Im seriously not wasting my time for nothing.

I train my eyes to look just at his eyes, as his face is frankly distracting. Now, dear whoever-is-reading-this, I DON'T like Sanchez. Im not getting sexually attracted to him. He, like I said before, has an attractive personality and a hot demeanor.

He has a beautiful face. Perfectly chiseled jawline, and bright blue eyes  and those beautiful lips, and the straight nose. Damn, he is a fine sight. But no, I dont like him.

"Dont stare at me like that, babe"

"What? No. Im not staring at you."

"You should really stop staring at me like that right now"

"Like what?"

"Like you want me to kiss you"

"What the actual fuck. No, Im not staring at you any way. And for what its worth, Im tutoring you. So that you don't fail your test tomorrow. If you're actually worried about your future, I think you should be concerned about not failing tomorrow."

"And stop doing that too"

Is this guy even hearing me?

"Doing what exactly, again?"

"Biting your lip"

"Wha-"

And I realize he is right. I have been biting my lip. But it is an unconscious gesture. Surely doesn't mean anything. I need this cocky asshole in front of me to know that.

I release my lip, and say, "Im not biting my lip"

"Sure you weren't"

"Yeah, really, I wasn't."

"Uh huh"

"I seriously wasn't, for whatever reason you think it is"

"I didn't say anything"

"Yeah, but you sure implied something"

"I believe I didn't imply anything. If anything, you implied that particular something to yourself. Take it as misunderstanding, intentional or otherwise."

"Intentional? C'mon, you've gotta be kidding yourself. I really didn't mean anyth-"

"Chill, sweetheart"

I roll my eyes. "Whatever"

"Okay"

"Okay"

And I continue, as if nothing happened. His eyes drift forth and back between my eyes, and he looks the most disinterested in this whole tutoring thing.

After a while, I pause, when I'm absolutely sure he isn't listening.

"You know what, you don't really have to do this, Hale", he says.

"Do what?"

"Endure my presence an hour"

"Oh well, I can assure you that I'm well aware that I don't really need to do this"

"Then why are you doing this?", he asked cockily.

Oh Sánchez, I know where you are getting at.

I laugh hard. Like rolling-on-the-floor laughing.

He looked confused. He looks cute confused.

I tell myself to shut up.

"I believe your intentions for the subject of my tutoring shouldn't be of any kind of amusement.", he begins.

"You seriously don't think I'm tutoring you because I'm charmed by you"

"Thats not what I implied, again, but whatever"

"Uh huh"

"Merely stating facts, but the 2022 census states that ninety percent of the ladies I meet are impressed by my unquestionably irresistible charm, sweetheart."

Sweetheart? Again?

"Don't call me sweetheart. I'm not one of those girls who give my number and wait for your call all day."

"And that's just what you've told yourself. The heart doesn't always listen to the brain, sweetheart.", he winks.

"And that's just what you have told yourself. Your magic wont work on everyone, Sánchez. There are people immune to your charm, people with half a brain to see you for what you really are."

He looks hurt, and stares at the open page in the Calculus textbook.

Did I offend him?

Oh, damn.

We stay in awkward silence for a while. I'm not sure how to bring back normalcy in this situation.

After a while, I begin, "By the way, I'm tutoring you because it looks good an a Yale application"

"You want to go to Yale?"

"Hmm, yeah"

""You know what, you might actually get in."

"Why do you think so?"

"You're smart. Like really damn smart."

"I kind of have to be smart so that I don't get stomped on by the world"

"Deep thinking"

"Survival strategies"

He nods and remains quiet for a while.

We stare outside. The climate is wonderful. It's kind of romantic to be honest. It is raining again. The rain patterns against the window and the windows are covered with raindrops.
The scenery outside is beautiful. I stare outside in awe.

"You're actually smart"

"You thought I was faking being smart?"

"Kind of, yeah"

"Why would you think that?"

"Because every typical high school nerd thinks they're too smart for everyone else"

"I'm not a typical high school nerd"

"That's what I expected you to be"

"That's offensive"

"Only if you take it that way"

"Well, then you gotta see the truth Sanchez"

"Yeah I guess"

"You know what, you're dumb"

"And that's exactly how I landed myself here"

"What?"

"Sarcasm"

"What, again?"

Things dont add up.

"Facts declare that if I were actually dumb, then I wouldn't have scored a ninety-eight percentage average last semester"

I'm stunned, "No way"

"Absolutely yes", he says in a mocking tone.

"No way", I repeat horrorstruck.

"List out one reason why I would lie, sweetheart"

"To get into my pants"

Did I just say that? Ugh, why did I say that?

To think, 'The' Jackson Sánchez would ever want me.

He laughs. Hard.

I'm flushed pink. Oh god, I'm so stupid. I really need to employ a brain-to-mouth filter.

A thought strikes my mind suddenly.

Before he could say another word and mock me, I begin, "Then why did Mr. Mosby ask me to tutor you?"

"Oh, that"

I raise my eyebrow, questioning him.

He looks around, and before he opens his mouth to answer, his phone rings.

"Hello, Austin......Oh, right now?........Shit, I forgot........I'll be there in five"

"I gotta go, sweetheart, we'll meet again soon, alright?", he winks again.

"I'd rather not"

"But you will want to. Just wait and watch", and he gets on his bike, and leaves so fast that he disappears the moment I blink.

I slowly release my breath that I didnt realise, ive been holding for quite sometime. Jeez, I could die.

Bright side of things, I met Sanchez for the first time.

Bad side of things, I can't find anything as to say.

Damn, that was an exhausting hour in my life.

And I just realized he didn't call me by my name even once during this whole encounter.

And Jackson Sánchez honored his statement.

Soon enough, I got a call from him- I don't have any idea how he got my number- and soon enough we met up at the Paris café, behind my house.

———————————————-

A/N

So, tell me, how did you guys like this one?
This will give you an insight into their relationship. This event is one of the most important part of the story because this is where it all started.

So comment and vote and lemme know what you think of this chapter.

Xoxo
Karen
———————————————-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 32.6K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...
3.2M 261K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
699K 72.7K 27
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
3.1M 203K 52
" Do not be mistaken little flower, you are mine and mine alone. Any man who looks at you longer than three seconds will be dealt in a manner I find...