Memento Mori: Male Reader's D...

By gridcz1

This story is sequel to The Strict Phase, do NOT read until you read that book. It contains HUGE spoilers. Sy... More

Bio (first and last non-chapter)
Chapter I: School troubles
Chapter II: Famous parents
Chapter III: The Strict Phase
Chapter IV: Musician's beginings
Chapter V: Path to music
Chapter VI: Parents to the rescue
Chapter VII: Fly away
Chapter VIII: Crack of voice
Chapter IX: Ship thieves
Chapter X: Vale arrival
Chapter XI: Shed incident
Chapter XII: Broken Heart
Chapter XIII: Let them know
Chapter XIV: Talking things over
Chapter XV: Voice changer
Chapter XVI: No regret
Chapter XVII: Band rivalry
Chapter XVIII: To your heart
Chapter XX (Finale): Remember, you must die
New book out

Chapter XIX: Family matters

64 4 1
By gridcz1

*Sylvia's POV*

The next day arrived as we were on a ship back to Menagerie.... still in Vale's docks... we were waving towards those we met... that means aunts Summer and Ruby, then Harriet, Neo and Fredie..

Fredie: "Bye guys... have safe travel."

You: "Hope we will..."

Velvet: "And if not we can take care of it right?'

You: "Yes." The ship honked and we started moving.... once Vale disappeared behind horizon I looked around at other passangers.

Vixen: "It's good to go back..."

Alissa: "Yeah..." she sounded sad though.

Velvet: "What's wrong Alissa?"

Alissa: "My parents probably didn't even notice I went away..."

Blaze: "Your parents... you told me about them..." He made a disgusted look.

You: "Hey it's gonna be okay Alissa..."

Alissa: "I really hope..."

???: "Hey isn't that Y/N Belladonna and his wife and daughter?"

??? 2: "No way... owners of The Strict Phase and Memento Mori on one ship? I gotta be dreaming." I looked around... it was two guys talking...

???: "It's not that impossible if you think about it... they are family after all.."

??? 2: "Ah right.."

You: "[And now they'll want us to sing for them.]" The captain approached us.

Captain: "It's an honor to have such celebrities on our ship... say would you like to have a VIP room?"

You: "No... regular is enough for us..."

Captain: "Are you sure? You won't be disappointed."

Velvet: "Yes we are sure..."

Captain: "Very well then..." he left again.

Vixen: "He didn't want us to sing..."

Velvet: "Maybe it's not time for that yet."

You: "You're right..."

There was a guy with some newspaper passing by, I noticed the date on them... it was today's...

Sylvia: "Excuse me sir." He looked at me.

???: "Ah Sylvia Belladonna right?"

Sylvia: "Yes... can I read that newspaper?"

???: "But of course... I'll buy another one."

You: "How much does it cost?"

???: "3 Lien."

Velvet: "Heard that?" I gave him 3 lien so he can buy another one without losing any money of his own.

Then I looked at the newspaper... it was all about yesterday's competition... detailed commentaries about the rounds, and how Flaming Crystals cheated in the end... then there was a chart about popularity between us and The Strict Phase... I saw that it was getting more to a draw... and there was a note that it was mainly thanks to 'Crying Blue' that absolutely hyped the crowd...

We already released it and to be honest... it broke all my expectations... even those I didn't expect...

On the other page was an article about a child that was beaten up... they say they caught the criminal in action and when I looked at the picture of him my eyes widened... but then I smiled...

That's what you get for being an idiot, Jimmy.

Vixen: "Hey what got you smiling."

Sylvia: "Come and take a look." Everyone did... they saw Jimmy's picture and immediately Vixen ripped the newspaper out of my hand.

Vixen: "What? He beated up a child... and almost killed him?"

Clementine: "I hope he'll get a life sentance for that."

Alissa: "Yeah he deserves it."

Velvet: "If the kid will die because of him it's for sure and if not... well he'll spend there a lot of time... that he won't like at all..."

You: "That's right..." Mom... she looked pale all of a sudden... she went towards the railing and puked out... "Vel... are you okay?"

Velvet: "Yeah... just ate too much yesterday and those little waves don't make it any better."

You "Oh is that it?"

Velvet: "Yes... what else would it be?"

You: "Oh I remember that last time you puked like this... Sylvia was born afterwards... it won't fool me again my love~" he went closer to her and hugged her...

Vixen: "Hold on what's going on here?"

Sylvia: "Oh it's nothing... just Y/N having some crazy ideas in his mind isn't that right?"

You: "Oh? I see... you wanna keep it a secret."

*Y/N's POV*

My wife leaned towards my ear...

Velvet: "[I'm seriously not pregnant Y/N... I know what you mean but it was seriously that ammount of food I ate...]"

You: "[You can't lie to me about it Velvet... so spill it... how long? Do you think puking after such a long time you last ate is possible?]"

Velvet: "[Okay fine... you got me... I... I did a test... last week... and it's...... positive...]"

You: "[So you are? Well then... why did you wanna keep it a secret?]"

Velvet: "[I know how worried you were when I was expecting Sylvia... I didn't wanna worry you again.]"

You: "[It's only natural Velvet... what do you expect me to do?]"

Velvet: "[I don't know... should we tell... Sylvia?]"

Alissa: "Oh my Oum!! Mrs. Belladonna is it true?"

You: "Alissa you were eavesropping?" She twitched with her cat ears...

Alissa: "Not intentionally..."

Sylvia: "What did they say Alissa?"

Alissa: "Can I?"

You: "We'd rather... Sylvia... the thing we were whispering about is... that... you'll have a sibling!"

Clementine: "Hold on... that means!"

Velvet: "Yes Clementine.... I am pregnant."

Vixen: "Whoa really??!!" Velvet nodded...

Sylvia kept quiet... she only went towards us...

Sylvia: "Brother or sister?"

Velvet: "We don't know yet Sylvia... we'll let surprise ourselves."

Blaze: "Congratulations!"

Alissa: "Yes!"

You: "It is great news Velvet... however now that I know... you can't do anything... only eat, drink and go to toilet... and sleep." She rolled her eyes but smiled.

Velvet: "And that's the reason why I didn't wanna tell you... I can't just lie on the bed... no... I gotta at least cook for you guys... remember your mom can't do much anymore and Blake is a seriously bad cook..."

You: "Alright fine... also... when we're on the topic... do they know?"

Velvet: "They don't... neither does Jimra..."

You: "Oh... were you planning on telling them?"

Velvet: "Yes... after I would tell you..."

You: "And that would be? If I didn't interrogate you right now?"

Velvet: "After a month or two I guess."

You: "There you go... and you know it's wrong."

Velvet: "I know..."

*2 days later, Sylvia's POV*

We arrived to Menagerie... grandpa, grandma, aunt Blake and Jimra waiting at the pier... once the ship stopped and we were allowed to leave it I rushed to them... Vixen did too.... the others were holding back a little.

Sylvia: "We're back!"

Ghira: "We can see that dear... so how was it?"

Kali: "Ghira don't question her right now... I'm sure she has a lot of things to say... but let her breathe... she returned literally 5 seconds ago."

Blake: "Yes dad... but I'm sure Sylvia will tell us."

Sylvia: "Oh I will... don't worry..."

Jimra: "Vixen... I thought you'd never return..."

Vixen: "And leave you behind mom? Why would I do that?"

Jimra: "Oh you know... the fame getting to your head.... found a place to live in."

Vixen: "That's Menagerie... and no... fame's not getting in my head..."

Clementine: "I should go say hi to my parents..."

Blaze: "Yeah me too... Alissa... you can come with me... to meet them."

Alissa: "A-Are you sure Blaze?"

Blaze: "I am... your parents don't care for you... you said it yourself... now then shall we go?" Alissa didn't say anything but they both left.

Sylvia: "Uhm... grandpa... I got a question..."

Ghira: "What is it?"

Sylvia: "We got a new member while we were in Vale... but she's human-"

Ghira: "You want to ask me if she could come here right?"

Sylvia: "Yes... she's a new singer."

Ghira: "Well... of course..."

Sylvia: "Really?!" He nodded.

Blake: "Does that mean you'll have more songs?"

Vixen: "Why wouldn't we?"

Blake: "Right... otherwise it'd be useless to get a new singer..."

Kali: "It's cold outside.... say why don't we go home?"

Velvet: "Yeah... I could get some warmth..."

You: "Why didn't you bring the cloak with you?"

Velvet: "I forgot!"

We went home... all of us...

Once we arrived we sat around the huge table in the kitchen... Blake and Jimra made us some tea...

Vixen: "Alright mom... why weren't you at ''our concert''?

Jimra: "Why? Because I was sick... it got better though."

Sylvia: "That's great! Now then... when we were in Vale and as you already heard we got a new singer... her name's Frederica Anderson."

Blake: "Wait Anderson? That name's familiar..."

You: "Remember Harriet Anderson? The owner of that café in Vale?"

Blake: "Yes!"

Velvet: "Frederica... or Fredie for short is her daughter..."

Then we started talking about everything  that happened.

About my Semblance, our songs we made... and the biggest topic... Jimmy... grandpa got really furious when he heard what he did... first to me... for that reason I left out it was Vixen who played part in it as well... and secondly for that kid who he almost killed... actually we don't know if he did or not. Actually it made me curious how he doesn't know? Didn'd dad and mom tell him? After our story was over mom started speaking.

Velvet: "There's actually one more thing to say."

Kali: "Oh? And what's that Velvet?"

Velvet: "Kali... Ghira... you'll have a second grandchild..." Jimra's, Blake's and my grandparent's eyes widened... Dad smiled as he started holding mom's hand.

Blake: "You're wild..." That made both my parents blush.

Kali: "Do you know the gender?"

You: "No.. besides it's just... a week or so right?"

Velvet: "Yes... and I kinda wanna get surprised just like with Sylvia."

Ghira: "Then you should come up with names..."

Velvet: "I should? Well maybe yes... but maybe Sylvia could have a word in that..."

Sylvia: "Me? Come up with names?"

You: "Well you are a Belladonna... so you should come up with it.. it's not that difficult." I started thinking about it...

A name... for my brother or sister? Hmmm... that's a really good question... what should they be called.

Velvet: "You don't have to think about it right now... you have time for 9 months..."

Vixen: "That's a lot of time."

Jimra: "Yes... but that only seems like it... wait for when you'll have your own children... on one hand it'll take too long because of the pain and on the other hand you won't have enough time to think about the names..."

Sylvia: "Ah I see..."

Velvet: "Ah great!"

You: "What's wrong love?"

Velvet: "Jimra just reminded me what a pain being pregnant is... constant visit at the toilet... stomachaches and back pains... plus the vomiting... what have you done to me Y/N..."

You: "What? Me? You were the one-"

Velvet: "Shhh... let's not talk about that..."

Blake: "You forgot mood swings..."

You: "Oh Oum... not those..."

Kali: "What did Velvet do before?"

You: "Ehm... n-nothing..."

Ghira: "Hmmm..." he started coughing...  but it sounded... seriously bad

Blake: "Oh no it's getting worse... Jimra!"

Jimra: "I got it!" She stood up and went for some pills... after that she dropped them into a glass of water where they dissolved and gave it to grandpa who drank it...

You: "What happened?"

Blake: "When you were gone on the concert... dad got some serious illness... we went to the hospital where they told us it's a rare disease... and unfortunately uncurable..."

Velvet: "What is it doing? And what are those pills for?"

Blake: "They're painkillers... and why? Y/N.... I'm afraid... that dad is.... he's slowly dying..."

You: "WHAT?! But that's impossible!!! I mean look at him!"

Blake: "I KNOW!!! The doctor explained it... it's like there's some kind of rare parasite living inside of him... like he inhaled it or something... I'm not sure at all how he got it and what it does... is that it tears your lungs bit by bit..."

Kali: "The doctor said that if he's caughing like this it's okay... but once he starts caughing blood... it's over..."

You: "No it can't be!"

Ghira: "It's true" He caughed more...

Kali: "Ghira... don't talk..."

Velvet: "What about a transplantation?"

Jimra: "Won't work... they said the parasite lives in a dangerous place under the lungs... where the heart is..."

You: "And the transplantation won't work why?"

Kali: "It might work... but there's only 5 percent chance... you see... the doctor explained it that if they tried to remove the damaged lung there's a huge chance that parasite will latch onto the heart beneath it and that would mean a certain death..."

Velvet: "What about the 5 percent?"

Jimra: "They said that those 5 percent would mean the parasite remained on the lung and Mr. Belladonna would survive."

Ghira: "I told you to... call me Ghira..."

Jimra: "I'm sorry."

Velvet: "But that,-"

Kali: "Velvet he doesn't want to risk any surgery... it's his choice... he doesn't want to risk his life knowing that he'd die... especially when the chances of survival are this low and especially now that he'll have a second grandchild..."

Velvet: "I understand..."

Sylvia: "It's so sad... I don't want grandpa to die."

You: "Me too sweetie, but it seems there's nothing we can do..."

Vixen: "But that's-"

You: "I know Vixen... I know..."

Sylvia: "Are we just gonna stand there and do nothing?"

Blake: "And what do you wanna do?"

Sylvia: "I don't know I'll find a solution!"

The bell rang as I went to open them... behind them were some weird people.

Sylvia: "Yes?"

???: "Are you Sylvia Belladonna?"

Sylvia: "Why are you asking?"

???: "We want her autograph!"

??? 2: "It's clearly her..." grandma appeared at the doors.

Kali: "What can we do for you?"

???: "Ehhh.. nothing..." they left.

Strange... did grandma really scared them that much?

I wanted to close the doors but a familiar voice was heard...

Alissa: "Sylvia wait!" They rushed into the house... Blaze right behind her.

Sylvia: "I see you already made your way in... what is it lovebirds?"

They blushed for a while.

Alissa: "Well... we decided to visit..."

Kali: "Now's not really the time."

Blaze: "Oh are we interrupting?"

Kali: "A little... wd have some serious family matters to discuss here..."

Sylvia: "I'll talk with them in my room... come on let's go..."

Alissa: "Oh thank you."

Sylvia: "Vixen! Come to my room!"

Vixen: "I'll be right there!"

Blaze: "Didn't Mrs. Belladonna say it was family matter? Why is Vixen here?"

Sylvia: "Because her mom got involved in the matter."

Blaze: "What is it about?"

Sylvia: "I'll tell you in my room." We got there, Vixen joining us afterwards.

Vixen: "Oh Blaze, Alissa... you're here? So Alissa... how was the visit?"

Alissa: "It went well actually... I think they like me..."

Blaze: "You should hear that... they already wanted me to marry her in this age..."

Sylvia: "Seriously?"

Blaze: "Yes... I told them that one day maybe... but it's still too early."

Alissa: "Anyways... what is the matter your grandma was talking about? If it's not some kind of secret."

Sylvia: "It's not... but I'm not sure if we should tell you... it's a sensitive topic... one that I don't like at all..."

Vixen: "I agree... it's something only Sylvia should know..."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed. This is a pre-last chapter so here is who's gonna be your lover in my next book... Weiss (RWBY)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 7.4K 22
What if it wasn't Sarah that enter the Labyrinth. But instead her best friend (Y/n) who mistakenly wished their baby brother, Toby, away to the Gobli...
212K 4.9K 55
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
308K 18.4K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
47.1K 1K 15
"It all began with a scream over 911, and ended in a bloodbath that has rocked the town of Woodsboro." Or at least, that's how it was supposed to end...