Memento Mori: Male Reader's D...

By gridcz1

This story is sequel to The Strict Phase, do NOT read until you read that book. It contains HUGE spoilers. Sy... More

Bio (first and last non-chapter)
Chapter I: School troubles
Chapter II: Famous parents
Chapter III: The Strict Phase
Chapter IV: Musician's beginings
Chapter V: Path to music
Chapter VI: Parents to the rescue
Chapter VII: Fly away
Chapter VIII: Crack of voice
Chapter IX: Ship thieves
Chapter X: Vale arrival
Chapter XI: Shed incident
Chapter XII: Broken Heart
Chapter XIII: Let them know
Chapter XIV: Talking things over
Chapter XV: Voice changer
Chapter XVI: No regret
Chapter XVIII: To your heart
Chapter XIX: Family matters
Chapter XX (Finale): Remember, you must die
New book out

Chapter XVII: Band rivalry

40 3 2
By gridcz1

A/N: Hello everyone, I'm sure you all heard about Alissa Vertis... well she is in this story as well after all, she became so popular among you guys I decided to create an AI art of her, here is Alissa made by AI art...

Isn't she just cute?

*1 week later*

Sylvia: "This is the day everyone... if we did what we did we should be fine... now then let's go to the centre."

Ruby: "You're going to the center? I can take you there."

Vixen: "Ms. Rose you're going too?"

Ruby: "I wanna see you crush them."

Summer: "You said it Ruby... are we going then?"

Blaze: "Let's go."

Sylvia: "I hope you didn't invite my parents... people would want to hear them not us."

Summer: "I invited them... after all they have the right to hear you... but don't worry they will be on a rooftop of that Anderson Café."

Clementine: "Wait that was in the center?"

Ruby: "Not exactly but when you go to the roof you can see the center clearly... and hear it too if you will use some voice amplifier."

Sylvia: "Oh good."

Summer: "Well then... let's get these instruments into the car...

We carried everything from our room to the car... we tied the piano on the roof and then... we were ready to go.

The way to the Vale Center was quick and quiet, once we arrived we saw that Flaming Crystals were already there doing mischief.

Jimmy: "Well, well, well... look who it is... remember you must die." Alissa got a little shocked but Blaze comforted her.

Blaze: "It's Memento Mori!"

Vixen: "He said the meaning of it."

Blaze: "I know."

We got out... when we pulled out our instruments Jimmy's band got surprised...

Hmmm so they really did 'adjust' our instruments we placed here yesterday...

Jimmy: "So... how are you feeling dear Sylvia.... singing in front of a crowd will make you nervous right? You might get that voice crack of yours..."

....and here is nerve manipulation... luckily I came prepared.

Sylvia: "Oh Jimmy... you forgot I sang in front of a crowd before? On the ship?"

Jimmy: "But this crowd will be much bigger... how are you gonna do that hmmm?"

Vixen: "What about your singer hm? Sylvia at least sang in front of a crowd... a small one but still a crowd."

Jimmy: "Oh you don't have to worry about that... prepare to get crushed!"

Clementine: "Oh you're on!" We got on our stage with all the instruments... soon people were arriving, there was also an announcer. I looked at the roofs and indeed saw mom and dad... they both were smiling... along with Harriet... who probably went to cheer on her daughter... and Neo

Announcer: "Alright everyone! Today is the day.. a band competition between Memento Mori and Flaming Crystals... there are no judges.. well... because you people are the judges! Now as the challenger of this competition... Flaming Crystals! You are the first to play a song..."

Guy: "Alrights.... 'Smells like teen spirit'."

(Credits go to Nirvana)

People looked at them... some of them enjoyed it... well most of them.

Announcer: "Good... now then.... Memento Mori!"

Sylvia: "I'm sure you heard this song before... we released it already after all... now then... 'Outcry'."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

Some people sang along the song... now was the first judging... people... half to half gave it to us by one vote.

Announcement: "Alright then... 1 to 0 for Memento Mori... and now to the second round... oh by the way there are 6 rounds... and in case of a draw one extra round will be made..."

Jimmy went to the mic... smirking at me

Fredie: "Thunderstruck!"

(Credits go to AC/DC)

While he was singing I went backstage and called dad to check on the instrument we placed there earlier if they did anything with it.

???: "Jeez that squeeky voice was terrible!"

??? 2: "What did you say that was great!"

Announcer: "Please quiet... Memento Mori... what do you have to show to beat that performance...

Vixen: "The Rust!" I put on my bandana for the voice changer.

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

This time the votes were clear... we won again. I smirked at Jimmy this time.

Jimmy: "Third round... 'I'm only human'."

(Credits go to Rag'n'Bone)

This one was difficult to beat... they actually made a great job on that... anyways...

Clementine: "Guys... let's 'Pray' for better future."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

I guessed it... the votes were close but this time the crowd gave it to Flaming Crystals...

Announcer: "4th round in front of us... how about a little break."

Sylvia: "Yeah I agree.." Jimmy nodded too... we quickly got to the backstage... luckily during the break the stages are guarded so Jimmy has no chance of ruining our instruments.

Alissa: "Phew... I'm done... this was too much... 3 more songs... my mouth is dry..."

You: "Alissa, playing on flute like that makes you thirsty... luckily I got you all covered... he gave us drinks... "It's just water don't worry.

Sylvia: "Dad!" I hugged him... "Did they manipulate with those instruments?"

You: "Oh they did indeed... so it would be rigged if it wasn't for your plan Sylvia... I say... if they will win... I'll expose them..."

Sylvia: "Do that anyways... so people know they are just dirty cheaters..."

Vixen: "What did they do?"

You: "Cut a few strings in the piano... put an ash into the flute... tore the drums and mainly... damaged the mic so you wouldn't be heard properly."

Blaze: "Imma kick them!"

You: "Calm down Blaze... after this concert ends... I swear their musical career will end... you can count on that."

Alissa: "Now I'm pumped to beat them for real... this is not acceptable."

The break ended and we got to the stage again...

Announcer: "Let us continue... we are after break with 4th round coming up next... the score of this competition between Memento Mori and Flaming Crystals is 2 to 1 for Memento Mori!"

Jimmy: "We'll beat you!"

Sylvia: "Ha! I wanna see you try!"

Announcer: "And to change the rounds let's start with Memento Mori..."

Blaze: "Hmmm.... oh I know 'Everglow'..."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

Jimmy gave the mic to Fredie... so she will be singing. Alright Fredie... let's see how you do...

???: "What's that song? I never heard it before..."

??? 2: "I think they released it just recently."

Fredie: "Let's sing.. 'Bring Me to Life'."

(Credits go to Evanescence)

They are getting better and now I got really worried we might lose and humiliated... I wouldn't be able to take the fact qe built our reputation only for it to be crushed by someone like him.

Announcer: "After four rounds... the score is tied... now shall we move to the pre-last round?"

Crowd: "YES!!!"

Alissa: "Alright... we bring you 'The Sword'."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

If they win now I think we lost... only if their last song would be bad...

Jimmy: "How about we start 'Dancing'."

(Credits go to Aaron Smith)

This one was actually pretty clear... we had this one in the bag...

Announcer: "And after these performances Memento Mori takes the lead again... and it has come down to this... the final round of the base song set... Memento Mori... what will you come up with?"

Blaze: "It's a song we haven't published yet... Sylvia will you do the honor?"

Sylvia: "Of course Blaze... 'Étoile' as your girlfriend wished it to make for you."

???: "Aww that blows he has a girl..."

Blaze: "Sorry ladies..."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

I looked around... everyone was shocked by the performance... they all clapped... ever Fredie I noticed which caused the guys in her band to give her glares...

Announcer: "That was pretty awesome I'd say!"

???: "Yeah... especially that white haired girl with the flute!"

Announcer: "...but Flaming Crystals haven't said their last word yet."

Jimmy: "Let's just get this one... isn't it a 'Beautiful Day'."

(Credits go to U2)

Some people looked like they couldn't decide which was better but in the end... we won... which made Jimmy angry as he yelled into the mic.

Jimmy: "Cheaters! You manipulated the crowd!! Only time it was okay was when we won!" It made the crowd angry... and Fredie looked at Jimmy surprised... she then looked at me and secretly left the stage...

Sylvia: "Oh? We manipulated the crowd? What about your manipulation with our instruments?"

Jimmy: "What are you talking about... everyone heard your instruments were okay..." Fredie appeared on our stage with the flute that was manipulated with.

Fredie: "Liar! You yourself told me you're gonna make sure to ruin them like this... everyone I want you to see this..." Everyone looked at her... she blew into the flute as black dust glued to her face..."

Jimmy: "What are you doing Frederica! Get over here this instant!"

Fredie: "I'll stay here... knowing what kind of person you are..."

Crowd: "Flaming Crystals suck... just a bunch of liars..  get out of the stage!" They threw their shoes at them.

Fredie: "I'm sorry I didn't say it earlier... it was fun playing and competing with you."

Alissa: "Your voice was awesome Fredie... wanna join us?"

Fredie: "What? But Sylvia..."

Sylvia: "I'd ask you the same thing."

Fredie: "Of course!"

Blaze: "Welcome to Memento Mori Frederica."

Announcer: "Ehm... due to those revealed and confirmed accusations I hereby disqualify Flaming Crystals from the competition..."

Sylvia: "This is what you deserve Jimmy..." I stuck out my tongue at him.

???: "Is this over? Well congrats Memento Mori for winning... you deserved it... I just thougt it would take longer."

Clementine: "Well you guys can choose... either we end this here or we will play one more song we made and haven't published yet... it was the last resort one..."

Crowd: "Play it!"

Sylvia: "I didn't hear you."

Everyone: "PLAY THE SONG!!"

Blaze: "Alright... here we go! 'Crying Blue'."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

After we finished I noticed that sweat was making its way down my forehead...

And then... I heard claps, wheezes and whistles...

???: "Woohoo... that was so awesome."

??? 2: "You rock Memento Mori!"

??? 3: "Now this... is a song that was worth the money..."

Fredie: "Congrats guys!"

Alissa: "We hope you enjoyed our little concert..."

???: "It was awesome... hope you'll do more in the future..."

Sylvia: "Oh you don't have to worry... there will... but... everyone it was a pleasure to play for you..."

The crowd slowly dispersed and when they did I saw Jimmy and his friends talking to dad and someone... they were calling someone... I felt a tap on my shoulder

Vixen: "He will get what he deserved all this time..."

Sylvia: "I know."

Vixen: "You sound sad... don't say you feel sorry for him."

Sylvia: "Not him... actually nevermind... what are we gonna do now?"

Fredie: "Well... Jimmy said he'll definitely win so he reserved a table for four... me excluded in our shop... I didn't mind it because I could always sit with them since it's ours... and I think it's not cancelled yet... how about your band will go there instead?"

Clementine: "You mean our band right? You're part of us now Fredie..."

Fredie: "Ah right..." My scroll started ringing so I went a little away from others and answered it.

Velvet: "Hey Sylvia... that last song you did made me lose my breath... it was so amazing so congrats on that..."

Sylvia: "Thanks mom... where are you?"

Velvet: "Inside the Anderson Café... I'm catching up with Harriet..."

Sylvia: "Oh right... we'll be right there in a while... haven't you seen aunt Ruby and Summer?"

Velvet: "No... I don't think I did."

Sylvia: "Shame... I wanted them to go with us to the café..."

Velvet: "Maybe they went home... "

Sylvia: "Probably... well what about the instruments?"

Velvet: "Hmmm... good question."

Alissa: "Hey Sylvia are you going to help us?" I turned around to see Summer and Ruby with the others... they were loading the instruments back.

Sylvia: "Oh right... I gotta go mom... talk to you later..."

Velvet: "Sure thing." I ended the call and went to help the others with the instruments...

After that we got inside the car... which was now a little problematic... with one more person to transport.

Fredie: "Uhhh... how are we gonna get in? How did you even get in before?"

Sylvia: "That's... a really good question."

Summer: "To be honest I was surprised too... but it seems this time we have to devide it on two parts... so who's going first?"

Sylvia: "I can wait...."

Vixen: "Me too..."

Fredie: "I can too..."

Summer: "Okay that's enough... you 3 wait here others get in... I'll get back for you."

They got in the car and left.

Sylvia: "So Fredie... as our newest member we should get to know you better..."

Vixen: "Sylvia... wouldn't it be better if we got to know her while everyone else is present as well?"

Sylvia: "Ah you're right..."

Fredie: "Sylvia... can I ask you something?"

Syvia: "Go ahead."

Fredie: "How did you learn to sing like that?"

Sylvia: "Well I sang secretly songs of others because before whenever I'd sing in front of people I'd get a voice crack... which I somehow got rid of. I first sang knowingly in front of my parents when we made our first song as Memento Mori... that time even Blaze wasn't part of us... so I asked mom if she could help us."

Fredie: "Your first song? You mean 'My Treasure'?"

Vixen: "So you listened to us before?"

Fredie: "Yes... that song was really soft and I liked how slow it was... it went together really well... could you sing it?"

Sylvia: "Maybe if it starts raining."

Fredie: "Why?"

Sylvia: "When I sing it will stop raining in a certain area around me."

Fredie: "Whoa that's cool. You must've been really popular in school... I mean daughter of the Belladonnas and also a singer."

I and Vixen looked at each other.

Vixen: "Actually..."

Sylvia: "...it was the complete opposite... in the first school I went to at least."

Fredie: "Wait what do you mean?"

Vixen: "Back then she knew only me... and she got bullied for despite having popular parents she was 'under-average' with fame... she couldn't sing as she explained before-"

Fredie: "Because of her voice crack right? Oh sorry..."

Vixen: "Yes, because of that so our classmates picked on her... I had to step between so there wouldn't be blood."

Fredie: "It was that bad?"

I nodded, a single tear falling down my cheek... I really didn't wanna be reminded of it but I trust Fredie... she helped us expose that cheater.

Sylvia: "We had to transfer... luckily the second school was a lot more welcoming and accepted me even for my flaws considering singing. I didn't have to sing at all... which now I think about it was a mistake... I should sing before... that way I'd get rid of that voice crack faster..."

Fredie: "Wow... I... I had no idea..." A horn was heard as Summer stopped the car in front of us.

Summer: "Get in." We did so and driven off to the Anderson Café... everyone else already waiting there.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.6K 14
Trying to survive in a place like Night City, a city obsessed with technology and body modifications can be next to impossible for some people, so th...
10.6K 265 44
Betrayed by those they trusted and left for dead, Falke and Pyrrha are now on their own. With no direction and no help they must make their way throu...
47.1K 1K 15
"It all began with a scream over 911, and ended in a bloodbath that has rocked the town of Woodsboro." Or at least, that's how it was supposed to end...
213K 5K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc