Memento Mori: Male Reader's D...

By gridcz1

This story is sequel to The Strict Phase, do NOT read until you read that book. It contains HUGE spoilers. Sy... More

Bio (first and last non-chapter)
Chapter I: School troubles
Chapter II: Famous parents
Chapter III: The Strict Phase
Chapter IV: Musician's beginings
Chapter V: Path to music
Chapter VI: Parents to the rescue
Chapter VII: Fly away
Chapter VIII: Crack of voice
Chapter IX: Ship thieves
Chapter XI: Shed incident
Chapter XII: Broken Heart
Chapter XIII: Let them know
Chapter XIV: Talking things over
Chapter XV: Voice changer
Chapter XVI: No regret
Chapter XVII: Band rivalry
Chapter XVIII: To your heart
Chapter XIX: Family matters
Chapter XX (Finale): Remember, you must die
New book out

Chapter X: Vale arrival

57 5 1
By gridcz1

*Sylvia's POV*

It's here... the ship arrived to Vale... the way there was indeed interesting... I actually got to spend some time with Jimmy alone, though we had to hide whenever I saw my friends... they wouldn't like it at all... considering what they are accusing him of.

Other than that the second morning we sang another song we made back in Menagerie and that we have yet to publish.

(Credit goes to Bank of Innovation)

Anywaya right now we were getting off the ship

Alissa: "So this is Vale huh?"

Vixen: "Whoa this city is huge..."

Clementine: "Do you have that adress of the company?"

Sylvia: "Huh? Oh sure I do." I looked through my pockets and found it... I gave it to her... the others looked at it too

Vixen: "Shame we don't know where to find it."

???: "Need any help?" We looked around and saw Jimmy.

Sylvia: "Ah J-Jimmy."

Jimmy: "Hey Sylvia~"

Vixen: "From you? No thank you thief."

Jimmy: "I'm not a thief..."

Blaze: "You are so shut up."

Sylvia: "Guys shut it... give him the card."

Alissa: "Uhh... I mean what could go wrong right? If he really is s thief he couldn't steal anything right now because of the witnesses..."

Blaze: "Don't tell me you think he's not a thief as well Alissa."

Alissa: "What? I didn't say that."

Clementine: "Fine... here it is."

She gave it to him...

Jimmy: "Hmm... I know where that is... if you will follow me..."

Sylvia: "Sure... lead the way." Others rolled their eyes though but followed him anyways.. he lead us to the company... we got in as he left...

Receptionist: "Hello how may I help you."

Sylvia: "We're here to publish some songs."

Receptionist: "Alright... please wait here... what is your band's name..."

Vixen: "Memento Mori." The receptionist's eyes widened but she regained her composture a while after

Receptionist: "Thank you please take a seat... it'll be only a while." We did so....

There were other people too... they looked at us... some guy approached me.

Guy: "Hey is it truth that you guys are THE Memento Mori?"

Blaze: "Yes we are..."

Guy: "Awww... I'm gonna faint... this is the best day ever... it's so nice to meet you."

Sylvia; "Uhhh... likewise?"

Receptionist: "Sir, a band named Memento Mori arrived... they want to release some songs." She then nodded as she placed down the scroll... "Memento Mori... please continue to room 3."

Vixen: "Thank you." We went there...

Guy: "You guys even get to go in front of us... not fair..." I rolled my eyes as we entered.

Publisher: "You're Memento Mori?"

Clementine: "Yes sir."

Publisher: "Alright show me what you got..." We gave him 5 CD's... each of the songs we sang at the ship... "5 songs? This will take a while." He listened to all of them and I kinda started feeling embarrsed because I heard my own voice...guess that happens.

After he listened to all of them he smiled at us.

Blaze: "So?"

Publisher: "It will be my pleasure to release all of them."

Vixen: "Oh thank you."

Publisher: "It's no problem... now if there isn't anything else you want to discuss I'd like you to leave... there are other people who want their songs released."

Blaze: "Alright... thank you again... let's leave now girls."

Alissa: "Yes." We got out... those boys earlier looking at us again.

When we left the building we looked around... the sun was still pretty high but it started to descent slowly.

Clementine: "Well... what now?"

Sylvia: "What was it thaf dad said? Hmm... to look for someone right?"

Vixen: "Oh right I remember."

Blaze: "What was the place called? Or the people?"

Sylvia: "I believe Ruby Rose... and Summer Rose... if I'm not wrong."

Alissa: "Let's ask around then." We did so... while I asked people I remembered to text dad and mom that we arrived so they wouldn't be worried.

Sylvia: "Excuse me can I ask you?" The one I asked turned around... it was a woman around mom's age... she had black hair with red tips at the end... most intriguing about her was that she had silver eyes.

???: "Yes?"

Sylvia: "Do you know someone by the name of Ruby Rose? Or if you don't then... how do I get on Patch?"

???: "Ruby Rose? Who's asking?" She was smirking for some reason.

Sylvia: "Hmm? I'm Sylvia Belladonna..." Her eyes widened.

???: "S-Sylvia?! W-Wow you've grown up so much since I last saw you."

Sylvia: "Umm... do I know you?" She giggled.

???: "No, no you probably don't remember... your dad and me were great friends back when we were around your age. Who are you looking for again?"

Sylvia: "Ruby Rose."

???: "Hello... I am Ruby Rose..." my eyes widened this time.

Sylvia: "It's you?!" She nodded.

Ruby: "Your dad told me that you left for Vale so I should look out for you when you'll arrive..."

Sylvia: "Did he?"

Ruby: "Yes... he told me you and your friends need a place to sleep in so he asked if I could give you one... well... I can... where are your friends?"

Sylvia: "Oh... I-I'll call them now."

Wow dad... you really think ahead... thank you.

I called Vixen first and told her I found Ruby and that we're nearby... a...

Sylvia: "Where are we right now?"

Ruby: "Oh? By the bullhead landing pads... it's not that far from the pier..."

Sylvia: "We're by the bullhead landing pads not far from the pier... you remember the way to the pier right?."

Vixen: "I do... I'll call the others we'll meet you there."

Ruby: "Or we can wait by the pier for them."

Sylvia: "Yes... we'll wait at the pier for you."

Vixen: "Right... see you later." She hung up and we got on the way to the pier.

Ruby: "How was your travel?"

Sylvia: "Well... it was interesting to say the least... we got a thief on board."

Ruby: "A thief? Really?"

Sylvia: "Yes... it was kinda hectic..." Not to mention my friends accused a completely innocent person.

Ruby: "Did they manage to catch them?"

Sylvia: "One of them yes..."

Ruby: "Wait one of them?"

Sylvia: "People said there were two."

Ruby: "And the one's still on the loose?"

Sylvia: "I guess so... I don't know what happened to the one they caught even."

We arrived to the pier, Vixen and othere waiting for us there already...

Sylvia: "Hey guys!"

Clementine: "Hi... so you are Ms.? Mrs.? Rose?"

Ruby: "Ms. so you guys are Sylvia's friends... well then follow me." We did so as she lead us towards a huge bridge

Alissa: "What's on the other side?"

Ruby: "Patch obviously... mom should be home..." we made steps on the bridge. "So... I heard you started a band from your mom, Sylvia... but they didn't tell me what was the band called."

Vixen: "Why didn't they?"

Ruby: "Said it will be a surprise if I'll ask you."

Blaze: "I see... well... it's Memento Mori.." just as he said that, Ruby's eyes widened and she stopped at her tracks...

Ruby: "No way... that band with two songs? But amazing ones at that?"

Sylvia: "Soon seven songs... before I met you we went to a song publishing company here in Vale... and we submitted another 5 songs..."

Ruby: 'I'm gonna listen to all of them, you can count on that."

Alissa: "Thank you for your support Ms. Rose... we appreciate it."

Ruby: "No problem..." we continued on the way... "So... any new songs coming up?"

Vixen: "Ms. Rose... that's prying."

Ruby: "Oh sorry..." She made... a puppy eyes? "Can you tell me now... pleeeasee~"

Blaze: "[How is she doing that?]"

Clementine: "[She isn't a faunus right?]"

Sylvia: "[I have no idea you two.]"

Vixen: "Well... boss? What do you think?"

At that moment Jimmy's face showed up in my mind as I started to feel my cheeks burning.

Sylvia: "Maybe..."

Alissa: "Oohh... what will be the genre... or how will it sound like?"

Ruby: "I have the same questions."

Sylvia: "Umm... l-l-love." My friends went wide eyed...

Friends: "LOVE?!!"

Clementine: "What brought that up."

Vixen: "Oh please don't tell me it's that thief." I glared at her this time... it was a little bit annoying to me already.

Sylvia: "He's not a thief and you know it!"

Clementine: "We know for a fact that he is a thief!"

Ruby: "What's going on?"

Sylvia: "Nothing... don't worry about it Ms. Rose." I sped up but... that was a mistake because I hit some doors and fell on the ground... I stood up slowly as the doors opened revealing a woman same age as grandma but with looks same as Ms. Rose.... so it must be Summer

Summer: "Ruby you forgot- are those... them?"

Ruby: "Yes... Y/N's daughter and her friends."

Summer: "Oohh... Y/N's daughter? Which one of you is it?"

I rised my hand slowly standing back up.

Sylvia: "I am.... you must be Summer right?"

Summer: "Indeed."

Alissa: "It's nice to meet you."

Summer: "You too ladies... Ruby... please show them to their room."

Ruby: "Of course." We got upstairs... there were 4 rooms... 1 for Summer, 1 for Ruby... one for Yang when she lived there... and the other?

Blaze: "4 rooms?"

Ruby: "Ah yes... mine, my sister's, mom's and dad's and the last one is for guests..."

Vixen: "So... where are we supposed to sleep?"

Sylvia: "And are you sure you don't mind us being here?"

Ruby: "Not at all... well seeing that there is a boy here you girls will sleep in Yang's room.... there's one bed but I'm sure you'll manage as for you... have the guest room."

Blaze: "Ah sure.'"

Ruby: "And after you unpack... please come downstairs... apart from Sylvia you still haven't introduced yourselves properly."

Sylvia: "Sure aunt... now then... girls I call dibs on the bed."

Clementine: "Too bad... I took it while you were talking outside."

Alissa: "Huh? You went to the room already?"

Clementine: "Yeah... wasn't wasting my time."

Ruby: "And suddenly this house is as lively as it used to be... brings back memories."

Blaze: "Girls... I'm happy I don't have to share..."

Vixen: "No fair Blaze."

Ruby: "I'll see you downstairs..." she left, we heard some frying from downstairs... it smelled like fish.... which... made me and Alissa specifically drool... since we were both felines.

Alissa: "That smells so nice!!!" she started drooling but Vixen bonked her head. "Ouch that hurt."

Vixen: "Unpack first... eat second."

Sylvia: "Right..."

We entered the room... it wasn't that big... luckily there was a huge wardrobe where all of our clothes we took with us were... aside of that... there was a window, a bed that was occupied by Clementine and a desk with a chair...

We heard footsteps from the outside and a knock.... this time it was Summer.

Summer: "Can I come in girls?"

Vixen: "Of course."

She entered with 3 sleeping bags..

Summer: "I forgot to give you these... since 3 of you will have to sleep on the floor here."

Vixen: "Yes... of course... thank you."

Summer: "Hmm... alright I'll leave you there now." aaand she left.... we looked at the room in front of us...

Alissa: "How will we do this?"

Sylvia: "Hmmm..." I moved the chair away... outside of the room to be precise... so there was more room to set the sleeping bags...

I set mine under the desk...

Clementine: "Don't you think you'll hit your head when you'll be waking up?"

Sylvia: "Hm? Nonsense... I won't."

Vixen: "We'll see... well mine's below the window."

Alissa: "Hey! And what about me?"

Sylvia: "That's a you problem."

Alissa: "What?" She looked at me... but sighed and rolled her eyes... she set her sleeping bag next to the wardrobe.

After 30 minutes of unpacking we got downstairs... to a kitchen where the amazing scent of a fried fish lead us.... there we saw a set table with 7 plates on it... and on each... was a fish and some fries too... Blaze was already there

Blaze: "Look at this feast!"

Alissa: "Is this... because of us?"

Summer: "Well... because of you yes... but also because I wanted to."

Ruby: "Okay everyone, time to eat." We sat around the table and ate... after everything was gone, Summer went to clean the dishes and I got 5 notifications on my scroll... each informing me that those songs we submitted were published.

Sylvia: "It's out everyone... those songs."

Clementine: "Awesome..."

Summer: "Hmm... I might go and listen to it right away."

Ruby: "I already do... that 'Pray' sounds awesome already."

Blaze: "Thanks..." the younger of the Roses went to her room, while us... we went to ours... though... when we reached the stairs Summer called out to me.

Summer: "Sylvia can you please stay here?" I looked at my friends and nodded... they did too... so I returned back to the kitchen

Sylvia: "Yes?"

Summer: "How's Y/N... I haven't seen him for so long."

Sylvia: "Well he's doing great and still publishing songs with mom and the others."

Summer: "That's great to hear. What about you... how have you been?"

Sylvia: "Isn't it a bit personal?"

Summer: "Hmm... maybe... well if you won't tell I'll ask your dad."

Sylvia: "What was your relationship with dad?"

Summer: "Oh he didn't tell you? I was his teacher..."

Sylvia: "Oh I see."

Summer: "We travelled for a while together, I'm sure he remembers... after all who would forget the hell I put people I train through."

Sylvia: "Train what?"

Summer: "Fighting, using weapons and all."

Sylvia: "Wait really?"

Summer: "Yes... I am a former huntress after all..."

Sylvia: "What happened?"

Summer: "Old age my dear."

Sylvia: "Oh... sorry.... tell me more about dad."

Summer: "What more?"

Sylvia: "How you two met for example."

Summer: "Hmm... we met in Mistral in one of the inns there... well I did that way... he met me a little later."

Sylvia: "I'm confused."

Summer: "I was in an inn... and he was there too along with your mom and the others from their band.... that could be around 30 years ago."

Sylvia: "They met... that long ago?"

Summer: "Even earlier... that time... your dad and mom had a crush on each other... it wasn't even serious love... well anyways Velvet and the others had to leave for Beacon and Y/N was left behind alone... that's when I decided to train him... so he'd have better chances to get into Beacon."

Sylvia: "How did you train him?"

Summer: "Mainly Aura Manipulation and his semblance... his fighting style... I only improved a little."

Sylvia: "I see."

Summer: "What about you Sylvia... do you know how to at least defend yourself? Mainly because of your increasing fame?"

Sylvia: "Mom and grandpa taught me... but I kinda forgot."

Summer: "Awesome... I get to train another Belladonna."

Sylvia: "You're awfully happy about it."

Summer: "Well yes... oh I should tell you... your dad is getting scared whenever I say the word 'training' that's how harsh I train." I gulped loudly

Sylvia: "Y-You know m-maybe I'll ask Ruby..."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 558 26
Meet (F/N) (L/N) Former atlas operator that went rogue after Ironwood abandoned him. He doesn't follow anyone but himself that is... Until he is invi...
2.8K 143 17
Someone has been killing evil warlords, rapists, sex traffickers, terrorists, criminals and drug lords. His name is Edward Simons, who has the abilit...
28.8K 319 7
In the world of Remnant, where almost everyone has a unique semblance, there is one young man who stands out the most. (Y/n) has a very special sembl...
47.1K 1K 15
"It all began with a scream over 911, and ended in a bloodbath that has rocked the town of Woodsboro." Or at least, that's how it was supposed to end...