Memento Mori: Male Reader's D...

By gridcz1

This story is sequel to The Strict Phase, do NOT read until you read that book. It contains HUGE spoilers. Sy... More

Bio (first and last non-chapter)
Chapter I: School troubles
Chapter II: Famous parents
Chapter III: The Strict Phase
Chapter IV: Musician's beginings
Chapter V: Path to music
Chapter VI: Parents to the rescue
Chapter VII: Fly away
Chapter VIII: Crack of voice
Chapter X: Vale arrival
Chapter XI: Shed incident
Chapter XII: Broken Heart
Chapter XIII: Let them know
Chapter XIV: Talking things over
Chapter XV: Voice changer
Chapter XVI: No regret
Chapter XVII: Band rivalry
Chapter XVIII: To your heart
Chapter XIX: Family matters
Chapter XX (Finale): Remember, you must die
New book out

Chapter IX: Ship thieves

38 3 1
By gridcz1

*Sylvia's POV*

Jimmy: "And what about you... have you asked yourself?"

Vixen: "Myself? Do you think it could be me?"

Jimmy: "Well if you don't have your semblance unlocked then it could be possible."

Vixen: "Don't be stupid."

Sylvia: "Hey he's just trying to help."

Clementine: "I see you're protecting him."

Jimmy: "Sylvia how many of your friends will jump to conclusions."

Sylvia: "All of them did..." Blaze and Alissa joined us as well.

Alissa: "Nothing..."

Blaze: "They have semblances but not with the effect on weather."

Jimmy: "I'm telling you guys it's one of you."

Vixen: "You keep quiet."

Jimmy: "No you!"

Sylvia: "Enough! Let's ask others if we can sing here."

Alissa: "Sing here? But which song?"

Sylvia: "Oh I know."

Jimmy: "Another new one?"

Sylvia: "Exactly."

Blaze: "EVERYONE!!!" All eyes were on him. "Would you mind if we sang here?"

Everyone: "Not at all... will it be a new song again?"

Clementine: "Yes..."

Sylvia: "'Outcry'."

Jimmy: "I'll go look out for the weather.

Clementine: "Right..."

And so we got to the stage and I started singing

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

Everyone clapped for us.

Vixen: "[Are you sure the chorus is not meant for Jimmy]"

Sylvia: "Music... I meant love for music..."

Alissa: "You deny it pretty quickly..."

Sylvia: "Will you guys shut up? I'm getting tired of this... and for real too... I'm gonna go sleep."

I left the stage everyone looking at me.

???: "Ms. Belladonna that was awesome..."

??? 2: "With performances like this you'll surpass your parents..."

They talk about that... but I don't have the qualities to be as good as my parents... let alone better... I mean my voice isn't as beautiful as mom's... even though age there plays a huge role... and I can't make lyrics like dad can... if it wasn't for Vixen and Clementine.... and of course Alissa with Blaze... Memento Mori wouldn't exist...

Jimmy: "It is you guys..."

Sylvia: "Aahh!! Jimmy you scared me!"

Jimmy: "Sorry... were you thinking about something?"

Sylvia: "Uhhm... yes..."

Jimmy: "I won't pry... well anyways... someone from you guys make the weather change... either when one of them plays... or you sing."

Sylvia: "We can test it individually tomorrow... I'm tired though... I'll go to sleep."

Jimmy: "Night Sylvia." I smiled at him... though my heart... I think it skipped a beat or something...

Sylvia: "Thanks." I got to my and my friends' room and went to sleep.

*Vixen's POV*

I didn't like how that guy is close to Sylvia... as her colleagues and friends we should look after her... especially when she's so famous... I honestly didn't think she'd be so naive.

Vixen: "Hey you... Jimmy was it?"

Jimmy: "Hm?" He looked at me... "Not you again."

Vixen: "Yeah I don't like to see you too it seems... but... keep your hands off Sylvia you got that?"

Blaze: "Yeah... or it won't end so well for you."

Jimmy: "Pft... her? Are you guys even serious? Sylvia is a nice girl I admit... but dating her? No not really..."

Clementine: "Hmm... why don't I trust you with that... you like her."

Jimmy: "She has annoying friends."

Blaze: "Otherwise you'd try to go for her?"

Jimmy: "Pfffttt me? I'm telling you she's way out of my league."

Alissa: "What if she'd fall for you? Would you accept it?"

Jimmy: "Maybe... but since I got to know how annoying you are... probably not... also I'm tired so bye bye." He waved at us and left.

Vixen: "The audacity."

Clementine: "We aren't annoying... though... I overheard he called only you annoying."

Vixen: "Shut up. He said all of us."

Alissa: "Maybe... we really jumped to conclusions too fast..."

Blaze: "That's what made him think we're annoying..."

Vixen: "We should go to sleep too.."

We left to the room, when we opened the doors we saw Sylvia sleeping on the... well half of her was on the bed the other half on the ground.

Clementine: "Am I seeing this or... does everyone see it."

Alissa: "How can she sleep like this."

Blaze: "That's not good for her spine... come on let's get her on the bed properly.

He went to lift the part that was on the ground... but it were her legs...

Vixen: "Don't peek Blaze..." The aura around Alissa got... a lot warmer... when I looked at her she had this murderous gaze.

Alissa: "Oh he wouldn't dare to do that, right Blaze~"

Even though it wasn't directed at me it got my back to have chills... what about Blaze then.

Blaze: "Why would I... it's not you Alissa..." Me and Clementine looked at each other surprised... and Alissa had a huge blush on her cheeks.

Alissa: "So sweet!"

Alas Blaze corrected Sylvia's sleeping position as we all hit the bed and drifted off to sleep.

*Midnight*

I woke up because I heard voices outside our room.

???: "[You sure this the place?]" I heard scratches on our doors.

??? 2: "[Definitely I saw them coming here... which means she's there as well.]"

Wait a minute... I heard that voice today... or is it yesterday already? It's that Jimmy guy

The lock moved a little but they haven't opened.

???: "[Dang it... I broke it.]"

Jimmy: "[You're an idiot...]" There were more scratches, the handle started moving... I shook with Blaze and Clementine... they both luckily woke up... I pressed my fingers against their lips... and moved my head towards the doors... they looked at it too.

???: "[Didn't they forget to lock?]"

Jimmy: "[If they didn't I wouldn't need your help...]"

???: "[Oh when we get in... can I have my way with that Belladonna beauty?]"

Jimmy: "[Do as you wish... but now open the doors finally.]" Blaze stood up carefully and went to the doors...

???: "[I'm trying my best Jimmy.]"

Clementine: "[Jimmy? That guy who Sylvia talked with?]"

Blaze banged on the doors loudly... we heard yelps from the other side.

Blaze: "We're still awake you idiots." They ran away... we all went to sleep again.

Definitely have to inform Sylvia tomorrow.

*Morning, Sylvia's POV*

I woke up... or rather the ship itself woke me up because of how strong the waves were... I rubbed my eyes and looked around to see I was alone in the room...

I stood up and wanted to change, but when I passed a mirror I noticed that I forgot to change so I had my casual clothes still on.

Sylvia: "Where is everybody." I yawned as I looked around once more... I left the room and went to the dining hall where every passanger was having breakfast.

???: "Hey Sylvia over here." I looked at who called me to see Jimmy... he was smiling... and I felt my heart skipping a beat.

Sylvia: "Jimmy good morning."

Jimmy: "Come sit with us..." I wanted to however there was that weird friend of his.

Sylvia: "Sorry I'll pass... haven't you seen my friends?"

Jimmy: "No... not at all."

Strange... where are they...

I sat at an empty table... only me there... guys around my age were checking me out... with hearts in their eyes.

My stomach growled... I completely forgot I haven't eaten yet so I stood up again... at the same time the doors opened revealing Alissa... only... she scanned the room until her eyes landed on me. She approached me

Alissa: "There you are."

Sylvia: "Where were you? And where are the others?"

Alissa: "I have no idea... I talked with Blaze in the morning and he told me that I should tell you to be careful around that Jimmy guy... and his friend too."

Sylvia: "Why?"

Alissa: "He didn't tell me.... he was in a hurry."

Sylvia: "I see..." Why should I be careful around Jimmy? He's a nice person... stranger is... why keeping secrets from Alissa... isn't she his love interest?

Alissa: "Man I'm hungry... what do we have for breakfast?"

Sylvia: "I don't know... I just went for the food right now."

Alissa: "Oh then let's go together... I'm sure we'll meet the others sooner or later."

Sylvia: "You're right... we went to a table with all sort of stuff... like cheese, salami, salads, rolls, bread slices, even sausages... a ketchup and mustard...

Alissa: "Whoa... look at the choices..."

Sylvia: "It's a lot..."

Sylvia + Alissa: "Let's dig in!"

We took what we wanted to eat and sat at the table I sat before...

And we both started eating, only the voices of others were heard...

???: "Did you hear? I heard someone tried to steal stuff during the night..."

??? 2: "A thief? Here?"

??? 3: "I heard there were two of them."

???: "Did they manage to steal anything?"

??? 2: "Failed miserably."

Sylvia: "A thief? Who could that be."

Alissa: "Yeah I hope they catch them... I don't wanna lose my stuff."

I started thinking of who could it be... and then it hit me... the warning Alissa said...

Jimmy is the thief? But... no it can't be... he was so nice to me yesterday... there's no way it could be him... unless... it was his friend and some other guy...

I looked at him, he was looking back at me and still smiling... then he stood up and went towards me.

Jimmy: "Hey Sylvia is everything okay?"

Sylvia: "Well I overheard there were robbery attempts yesterday... but they failed... I also got warned that I shouldn't trust you and your friend."

Jimmy: "Well... do you trust me?"

Sylvia: "I do." He smiled even more

Jimmy: "Awesome... I wanted to ask you where do you get off the ship?"

Alissa: "Vale."

Jimmy: "Really? Me too... will you live in a hotel?"

Sylvia: "No-"

Alissa: "You're asking some weird questions right now... why do you wanna know?"

Jimmy: "No reason... and I'd like you not to intrrupt her." Alissa looked at him suspiciously.

Alissa: "[It really was him]"

???: "Hey mister! Get away from that table this instatnt!!!"

I looked behind Jimmy to see Vixen and the others.

Jimmy: "I'm not doing anything."

Blaze: "Yeah? Aren't you trying to pickpocket Sylvia?"

Jimmy: "Why would I do that."

Clementine: "Don't act so innocent... we heard you yesterday when you tried to pick a lock to our room! You and your friend." Jimmy looked at them surprised.

Jimmy: "What? I'd never do that."

Blaze: "Get away from them..." The accused pickpocket rised his hands up trying to calm everyone down.

Jimmy: "Okay, okay... I'm going... jeez."

He left our table as the others sat around it.

Sylvia: "What's gotten into you guys? He wasn't doing anything! Just being nice."

Vixen: "It was an act Sylvia... we heard his voice during the night... they tried to pick the lock..."

Sylvia: "Where were you anyways?"

Clementine: "Oh don't worry... just setting a trap so you'll believe when it'll happen again."

Blaze: "He didn't do anything to you Alissa, did he?"

Alissa: "Aside from saying I was rude... no nothing."

I ate my food and waited for others to do so too... a captain went on the stage and took a mic.

Captain: "Can I have your attention please?" He cleared his throat while others stopped talking. 'Thank you... there's a rumor that we have a thief here, so please when you leave your room lock the doors so your stuff will be save... I promise we'll catch him before we arrive to Vale... if any item of yours will get missing please report to someone from the crew immediately... thank you... that's all I wanted... now if I may ask Memento Mori... would you be kind to sing again?"

We looked at each other and nodded... we got on the stage... and I took the mic... Jimmy was staring at me... which made me a little nervous... I exhaled heavily...

You can do it Sylvia...

Sylvia: "Alright... how about... 'The Ice'."

Alissa: "Right."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

After we finished with the song there were people who clapped at us... and people who started wondering who the song was about...

I saw a rised hand.

Sylvia: "Yes?"

???: "Who's the song about?"

Vixen: "A girl who sacrificed everything to protect her little sister."

Jimmy: "That sounds dark..."

Alissa: "It kind of is if you think about it..."

Jimmy: "Right... well then what about another song?"

Sylvia: "Do you guys want to?"

Everyone nodded... I looked at my friends and they nodded... though Vixen and Blaze with hesistation.

Sylvia: "Alright... 'Pray'."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

While I was singing some loud banging was heard and a scream too...

The doors opened revealing that Jimmy's friend... all beaten up

Vixen: "[I was wondering where he was]"

Not long after an angry woman around mom's age rushed at him with a... sword in her hand.

???: "WHERE IS HE!!! I SWEAR I'LL KILL THAT GUY!!"

The captain approached her.

Captain: "What happened."

???: "I was going to my room because I forgot my wallet inside... and when I entered I saw that guy looking through my underwear... even sniffing it.... he deserves to die."

Clementine: "[See? A proof they're up to no good.]"

Sylvia: "[It wasn't Jimmy though.]"

Vixen: "[Are you seriously gonna believe that? Who do you trust more... your friends or some random guy.]"

Captain: "I see... well I'll take care of it miss... you can rest easy." The woman exhaled...

???: "So not a thief... but an underwear thief... or both."

Sylvia: "I see him... he's right there... trying to leave via the window..." I pointed at him

Captain: "Window? But there's only ocean beneath this level."

Jimmy: "You screwed up Max... you get now when I tell you your perveridness will get you into trouble."

The captain rushed to Max and caught him..

Captain: "Where do you think you're going young man?"

Max: "Nowhere... just let me go."

Captain: "I don't think so... you're coming with me... miss... please join us."

???: "Of course."

He took him away... and the rest of the people returned to chatting among themselves.

Jimmy: "That was awesome Sylvia... how long do you sing?"

Sylvia: "3 years... I was a lot nervous at first but... I somehow managed."

Jimmy: "Is that so? Hmm... your voice is beautiful." I blushed and started to play with my hair.

Sylvia: "T-Thanks..."

Jimmy: "No need to be embarassed."

Sylvia: "I-I-I'm not... e-embarassed."

Blaze: "Will you stop flirting with her?"

Jimmy: "Flirting? Who said I'm flirting."

Alissa: "It looks like you do."

Vixen: "I had enough of you... guys can we leave please." She took my hand and dragged me away... while I looked back at Jimmy pleading him to save me from Vixen's rather strong grasp. He only waved at me though.

We got on the front deck where we saw Max cleaning the floor...

Captain: "I want it to be as brand-new tomorrow... you hear me?"

Max: "This is abuse..."

Captain: "No... this is punishment..  now get cleaning."

Max: "Uugghhh..."

Vixen: "Sylvia..." I looked at her. "Be careful around Jimmy... he's the thief... and Max was the second one... if you'll get too comfortable you'll regret it."

Sylvia: "Don't say that... Jimmy is not like that..."

Clementine: "You haven't... fallen in love with him have you?"

Sylvia: "Of course not..."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 21.1K 156
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
49.8K 558 26
Meet (F/N) (L/N) Former atlas operator that went rogue after Ironwood abandoned him. He doesn't follow anyone but himself that is... Until he is invi...
Conqueror By Jane Kim

Historical Fiction

5.7K 110 14
" Even if the woman of the whole world start screaming, they cannot match how much you're one whisper means to me"
28.8K 319 7
In the world of Remnant, where almost everyone has a unique semblance, there is one young man who stands out the most. (Y/n) has a very special sembl...