Memento Mori: Male Reader's D...

By gridcz1

This story is sequel to The Strict Phase, do NOT read until you read that book. It contains HUGE spoilers. Sy... More

Bio (first and last non-chapter)
Chapter I: School troubles
Chapter II: Famous parents
Chapter III: The Strict Phase
Chapter IV: Musician's beginings
Chapter V: Path to music
Chapter VI: Parents to the rescue
Chapter VII: Fly away
Chapter IX: Ship thieves
Chapter X: Vale arrival
Chapter XI: Shed incident
Chapter XII: Broken Heart
Chapter XIII: Let them know
Chapter XIV: Talking things over
Chapter XV: Voice changer
Chapter XVI: No regret
Chapter XVII: Band rivalry
Chapter XVIII: To your heart
Chapter XIX: Family matters
Chapter XX (Finale): Remember, you must die
New book out

Chapter VIII: Crack of voice

53 4 1
By gridcz1

A/N: I hid a name for my next book here... if you focus it is pretty obvious what it is

*3 years later, After school ended, Sylvia's POV*

It was there... a time for me and my band to travel to Teyvat, we were waiting for the ship to arrive, during the time we didn't release any new songs... except for 'Fly Away'... dad convinced me to send it to the local company and to my surprise they didn't even hesitate to publish it. Even though we had like 5 songs ready I refused to get them published on Menagerie

You: "Sylvia when you arrive look for Ruby and Summer Rose... they live on Patch, an island near Vale... and they're great friends of mine... just tell them you're a Belladonna. They might give you a place to live in.

Sylvia: "Ruby Rose, got it... and a place for all of us?"

Velvet: "They'll manage... trust me they have a huge house."

Vixen: "Are they rich or something?"

You: "Huntresses."

Alissa: "Really?"

Clementine: "A real huntress... wow."

Kali: "Be careful out there, people are unpredictable..."

You: "Blaze, take care of them while you're all gone will you?"

Blaze: "Yes."

Velvet: "And remembee to call us once you arrive okay?"

Jimra: "That applies to you too Vixen... all of you to be honest."

Vixen: "Yeah, yeah."

Blake: "This feels nostalgic right?"

Ghira: "Yes... it feels the same when Y/N left to explore the world."

Alissa: "Hey look, the ship is here..."

It harbored at the pier as people got away from there... faunus only though... then us who were getting abroad got on.

Once the ship set sail we waved at our parents... even Alissa who didn't have her parents there... it lasted until they disappeared behind the horizon.

Blaze: "I'm getting nervous."

Alissa: "It's a completely new place right?"

Vixen: "Yeah."

Sylvia: "I hope those Roses will accept us..."

Clementine: "You can call your parents and ask them for money if either we won't find them or they won't accept."

Sylvia: "Right, Vixen let's review those songs we made." She opened her note and we had a look inside... suddenly the ship's captain approached us.

Captain: "Excuse me... are you Sylvia Belladonna?"

Sylvia: "That's me."

Captain: "I heard a lot about your family... can you sing?"

Sylvia: "Well I can... but I might get a voice crack which would ruin the performance... mainly because I haven't sang in public yet... if that's what you're asking for."

Captain: "Yes... you're very perceptive..."

Alissa: "You can do it Sylvia... we're with you."

Captain: "Will you sing at the dinner time?" We won't be arriving to Vale for the next 2 days."

Sylvia: "Ah sure... I-I guess I could... can we practice?"

Captain: "Certainly... please follow me to the dining room." We did so and there we saw a podium with instruments on it.

Blaze: "Sweet." I got to take the mic as I tested it... we practiced with one of my parent's song called 'Mirror Mirror' the passersby there clapping for us even though I got a voice crack.

Clementine: "Take it easy Sylvia... just relax and think of being in the studio with your parents."

Sylvia: "I'm trying my best." We sang another of their songs.

Alissa: "Stop... Sylvia... you need to focus... what are you thinking about when you sing?"

Sylvia: "Nothing."

Clementine: "Then... try thinking about your parents."

Blaze: "Yeah that might help."

Sylvia: "Alright..." I sang again... while thinking about dad... how he raised me... how he and mom look so cute together... I seriously wonder how they met and what lead... well towards me... how was their band at the beginnings... and then mom... so cheerful but scary at the same time... I couldn't imagine her being shy... and if she was did dad change her that much?

I didn't even notice we finished the song and everyone there started clapping and by the time the ammount of people listening to us increased.

Guy: "Whoa you have a beautiful voice... who are you?"

Sylvia: "Sylvia Belladonna... and yes THAT Belladonna..." Everyone went wide with their eyes...

Girl: "NO WAY!!! THAT'S LIKE REAL AWESOME!!! CAN I HAVE A PICTURE WITH YOU!"

Blaze snatched the mic away.

Blaze: "No pictures, no autographs... am I clear?"

Guy: "Who even are you?" This time Clementine took the mic.

Clementine: "We are Memento Mori."

Girls: "Th-That's you guys?! Wow it must run in the genes."

Guy: "Could you sing 'My Treasure'?"

Alissa: "We have a better idea... how about we sing something we made and we have not published yet." Everyone squealed at that.

Everyone: "YES PLEASE!"

Vixen: "Ready?" The mic got returned to me.

Sylvia: "Yes."

(Credits go to Bank of Innovation)

I was surprised I didn't even get a voice crack.

Guy: "Sylvia be my girlfriend!!!"

Guy 2: "Dude, she's way out of your league."

Guy: "Don't care."

Girls: "That was so amazing! Hey you... uhmm.. the guy."

Blaze: "Who me?"

Girls: "Yes... are you dating anyone."

His cheeks got red for some reason... and so did Alissa's... I looked at them suspiciously... I mean they are close but how much close...

Blaze: "Well... there is a girl I'm interested in.. and yes she is from this band." Alissa blushed even more... she knew very well he was talking about her.

Girl: "Boring."

Alissa: "EXCUSE ME?!!!" It surprised us how much fired up she got.

Blaze: "Alissa?"

Alissa: "How can falling in love be boring... have you no dignity?"

Girl: "What? Are you insulting me?"

Alissa: "I just did."

Vixen: "Calm down everyone... there's no need for these useless fights."

Guy: "What she said... calm down okay?"

Both girls looked away...

Sylvia: "We should go... "

Clementine: "Right... our room."

We left the stage and got to our room...

Blaze: "You knew I was talking about you Alissa?" The white haired cat faunus nodded.

Vixen: "It was pretty obvious back there you know... I mean you both were red as tomatoes..."

Sylvia: "Not to mention that out of the four of us you spend most time with Alissa."

Blaze: "Oh so you noticed..."

Clementine: "We said it was obvious."

Sylvia: "But I seriously wonder what's going on between you two... are you two dating or something?"

Alissa: "N-N-No... w-w-we're not..."

Blaze: "We aren't..."

But neither of you wouldn't mind right?

Sylvia: "Well I'm thirsty... I'll go drink something."

I left the room and got to the dining room where we sang 'Twighlight'. I sat at the bar and the barman went towards me.

Barman: "Ms. Belladonna... what would you like to drink?"

Sylvia: "I'll have umm... that blueberry surprise... non-alcoholic please."

Barman: "I'm not even allowed to serve alcoholic drinks to underaged but alas... one non-alcoholic blueberry surprise coming right up." He started doing his tricks with the shaker and stuff...

???: "[Bro look at that girl... she's beautiful..]" It got me annoyed even if they weren't talking about me... but as it turned out they were... two guys sat beside me... one on each side... it made me real unconfortable.

Guy: "Hey there beauty... I can pay that drink for you." I placed the money on the counter.

Sylvia: "I'm fine."

Guy 2: "You're a lost cause dude... I told you she's way out of your league."

Sylvia: "And so am yours.... out of your league I mean"

Guy 2: "Yeah I know... that's why I'm not even trying unlike that idiot on your other side."

Guy: "Boring."

Sylvia: "Who even are you guys."

The barman gave me the drink... and looked suspiciously at the boys beside me.

Barman: "Are they troubling you Ms. Belladonna?"

Sylvia: "We'll see about that."

Guy: "I'm Max... nice to meet you cutie..." He offered me his hand...

Sylvia: "Don't touch me... I don't wanna know what you did with that hand."

Max: "Ja-"

Guy 2: "You shut up! Don't say such things to a girl! What are you a moron!"

Sylvia: "This guys makes problems..." The barman kicked Max away... literally. "And you are?"

Guy: "I'm Jimmy..."

Sylvia: "Well at least you know how to act around girls."

Jimmy: "You think I'm acting?"

Sylvia: "Aren't you?"

Jimmy: "I'm not trying to look nice... I am nice."

Sylvia: "Oh so that's the thing."

Jimmy: "Yeah.. hey barman... what did you have again?"

Sylvia: "Blueberry surprise."

Barman: "What is it?"

Jimmy: One blueberry surprise for her and a brandy for me."

Barman: "I want your identity card."

Jimmy: "Jeez, here." He placed in on the counter.

So he's older than me...

The barman looked at it and returned it.

Barman: "Sorry... you're only 15... you have to be 18 to have an alcoholic drink."

Jimmy: "Fine... then... hmmm... oh this one... Molten Ice.... it's not just a water right?"

Barman: "No... I assure you it's a drink."

He started making it.

The doors opened revealing Vixen...

Vixen: "Sylvia where are you... you need to- oh my Oum..."

Sylvia: "Hey Vixen..." I tried to look as innocent as I could.

Vixen: "So you're going away alone and look at you... being with some random guy."

Jimmy: "Hey it's not like that..."

Vixen: "Then what is it like?"

Jimmy: "Well my friend Max who got kicked out of here really liked Sylvia here... so I just sat with her because he insisted... honestly I don't really care who  you guys are... famous or not."

Vixen: "Sylvia you can't be alone... what if your parents saw you like this... what would they say."

Sylvia: "Well they're not here... now let me drink this blueberry surprise."

Vixen: "Since when do you drink alcohol?"

Barman: "It's non-alcoholic... can't serve that to minors."

Vixen: "Alright that calmed me down a little."

Sylvia: "Anyways Vixen why are you here."

Vixen: "Right I completely forgot why I'm here... hey you... umm... whatever your name is... I'll take Sylvia."

Jimmy: "Be my guest."

I got away finishing my drink and followed Vixen on the ship deck.

There was a gigantic rainbow and some strange sparkles.

Alissa, Clementine and Blaze were there already.

Sylvia: "A rainbow? But it didn't rain right?"

Alissa: "I asked the captain... it was supposed to rain but it didn't... but the weather was strange he said.

Sylvia: "Strange how?"

Blaze: "Even though it wasn't raining the ocean waves acted like it was... he called it anomaly..."

Clementine: "It is very strange..."

Sylvia: "Yeah..." I leaned against the railing looking down at the ocean.

Vixen: "Are you feeling sick?"

Sylvia: "No... just a little tired."

Clementine: "Tired? What were you drinking?"

Sylvia: "Just a... non-alcoholic blueberry surprise... is all."

Vixen: "With her little boyfriend."

Blaze: "Boyfriend?!"

Alissa: "What?! When?"

Sylvia: "Can you stop deceiving them... he's not my boyfriend we just met... and we talked a little... there's nothing more to it."

Clementine: "You know you're famous... others might just use you for the money."

Sylvia: "He said it himself... he doesn't care if I'm famous or not."

Alissa: "Oh so you like him..."

Sylvia: "What? We met literally 10 minutes ago... how could I possibly like him?"

Blaze: "Because you sound like you're defending him."

Sylvia: "You guys are so unbelievable..."

Clementine: "Alright everyone calm down..."

Sylvia: "Thank you."

Vixen: "Tch... fine."

Alissa: "Ehm... I wonder what is happening with the weather..." Suddenly the clouds above us got really dark and rain started pouring down that it soaked our clothes completely after 5 seconds... not even that... we quickly hid at the interior of the ship.

Sylvia: "This downpour is crazy."

Alissa: "It was all sunny a while ago... how did it change so fast?!"

Blaze: "My guess is... it was someone's semblance."

Sylvia: "Semblance? How would it work?"

Blaze: "Well we either have to ask that person... or find out about it."

Clementine: "Hmm... Blaze has a point... let's ask others if they have semblance and if they do what does it do."

Sylvia: "Yeah... sounds good since going outside now would be useless."

Vixen: "Exactly... so where do you think we should start?"

Clementine: "I'd say at the bar... right?"

Sylvia: "There are most people at this time so sure."

We returned back to the bar, Jimmy still drinking his Molten Ice... or what was that name again. I subconsciously went towards him though that made Vixen and the others smirk at me.... but they went to ask other people as well

Jimmy: "You're back, what did that friend of yours want?"

Sylvia: "Do you have a semblance Jimmy?"

Alissa: "[She even knows his name?]" She didn't say it too quietly.

Jimmy: "Well yes I do... why are you asking?"

Sylvia: "What does it do?"

Jimmy: "I have enhanced senses despite being a human... and not a faunus."

Sylvia: "I see... well you couldn't have done it."

Jimmy: "Done what? I don't understand."

Sylvia: "Well you see... the ocean waves look like it was supposed to rain but it didn't at all..."

Jimmy: "That's strange indeed."

Sylvia: "And we think it was someone's semblance."

Jimmy: "Logical enough, well then if it is someone's semblance they might not know about it... I'm trying to say they might think they don't have the semblance but actually made that weather change."

Sylvia: "Great! More looking! I'm so not looking forward to it. How are we supposed to find the culprit?"

Jimmy: "Hmm... there must've been that trigger... for all I know... it could be your doing."

Sylvia: "Me? Don't be stupid! And what would be the trigger when I only sang?"

Jimmy: "That, Sylvia, could be the trigger."

Sylvia: "What... my singing?"

Jimmy: "Why don't you try it then and see for yourself."

Sylvia: "I.... I can't."

Jimmy: "You can't? You just sang that new song of yours."

Sylvia: "Well... I... I'll get nervous because there's even more people than before... and even so... what song would I sing?"

Jimmy: "Any you want... I'm not gonna tell you."

Sylvia: "I'll get a voice crack again..."

Jimmy: "Ehm.. voice crack?"

Sylvia: "Well... you see... whenever I sang before.... I sang alone or with my family around... this was first time I sang in front of strangers."

Jimmy: "And you managed it."

Sylvia: "But I was so nervous... I was hoping that I won't get a voice crack during it."

Jimmy: "I don't know what to say... or how should I help."

Sylvia: "No it's fine... but... not today."

Jimmy: "Okay then?"

Vixen: "Well look at you two... still talking... Sylvia I thought you'd help us.'

Jimmy: "Ah it's you again... the one jumping to conclusions too fast."

Sylvia: "Found something out?"

Vixen: "No... and what about you Ms. in love."

Sylvia: "I'm not and you know that... music excluded... and actually... thanks to Jimmy here I found out it could've caused someone who thinks doesn't have a semblance but in reality they do."

Jimmy: "So basically she found out more than you just by talking to one person."

Vixen: "Whatever..."

Sylvia: "Well... I'll go ask others too..."

Jimmy: "I might go help you."

Syliva: "Yeah... your help would be a welcomed one..."

Jimmy: "So... have you asked everyone in here?"

Vixen: "We did..."

Jimmy: "And what about you... have you asked yourself?"

To be continued...

A/N: Hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 265 44
Betrayed by those they trusted and left for dead, Falke and Pyrrha are now on their own. With no direction and no help they must make their way throu...
270K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
47.1K 1K 15
"It all began with a scream over 911, and ended in a bloodbath that has rocked the town of Woodsboro." Or at least, that's how it was supposed to end...
13.8K 187 12
When the ex-heir to the Schnee dust company falls in love with a criminal, what will become of the unlikely duo? Neo x reader (RWBY)