Memento Mori: Male Reader's D...

Oleh gridcz1

This story is sequel to The Strict Phase, do NOT read until you read that book. It contains HUGE spoilers. Sy... Lebih Banyak

Bio (first and last non-chapter)
Chapter I: School troubles
Chapter II: Famous parents
Chapter III: The Strict Phase
Chapter IV: Musician's beginings
Chapter V: Path to music
Chapter VII: Fly away
Chapter VIII: Crack of voice
Chapter IX: Ship thieves
Chapter X: Vale arrival
Chapter XI: Shed incident
Chapter XII: Broken Heart
Chapter XIII: Let them know
Chapter XIV: Talking things over
Chapter XV: Voice changer
Chapter XVI: No regret
Chapter XVII: Band rivalry
Chapter XVIII: To your heart
Chapter XIX: Family matters
Chapter XX (Finale): Remember, you must die
New book out

Chapter VI: Parents to the rescue

89 4 2
Oleh gridcz1

*Vixen's POV*

Velvet: "Sylvia? How did it go?"

Vixen: "Hello Ms. Belladonna... Vixen's calling."

Velvet: "Vixen? Where's Sylvia?"

Vixen: "She's here with us."

Sylvia: "Stop it Vixen, she doesn't have to know."

Vixen: "She's your mom she has right to know..."

Velvet: "What happened?"

Vixen: "They refused."

Velvet: "EXCUSE ME?! HOW COULD THEY NOT ACCEPT?!" Sylvia's father was heard in the background.

You: "They didn't accept it?"

Vixen: "She told us that she went there and well... they treated her badly."

You: "Velvet can I?" His voice went louder, probably because his wife gave him the scroll. "How did they treat her?"

Sylvia: "Vixen!" She tried to snatch her scroll away but both Alissa and Clementine held her back.

Vixen: "They only played from what Sylvia said only 30 seconds of the song."

You: "They should listen to the whole song... I'll call them about it."

Vixen: "That's not all..."

You: "What else is there?"

Vixen: "They said that they expected more from Belladonna..." Silence... I could hear seething....

You: "Did I hear that correctly?"

Vixen: "Yes."

You: "Velvet! We're going to the company... Vixen wait there okay? We'll be there in a while."

Vixen: "Alright... bye Mr. Belladonna."

I ended the call and gave Sylvia's scroll back to its owner.

Sylvia: "Why?"

Vixen: "You can't let others get in the way of what you want... you have to fight for youreslf Sylvia."

Alissa: "Vixen's right, Sylvia... you are a Belladonna and that means people expect great things from you... more than from anyone else... you have to either prove them you live up to their expectations or find your own way..."

Clementine: "I agree with Alissa... people will judge you because of your last name and that's something you can't change... if you won't try."

Sylvia: "But they..."

Vixen: "Should release your song... it's their fault for badmouthing you... "

Sylvia: "I guess you're right."

The main doors opened in a while... revealing the two members of The Strict Phase... they scanned the room and once their eyes landed on their daughter they made their towards us.

Receptionist: "Mr. Belladonna."

You: "Get out of the way if you don't wanna get hurt."

Velvet: "Yes... you see you made us pretty angry... so it's better to just move out of the way." The receptionist listened... now scared...

They stopped in front of us.

Velvet: "Sylvia, sweetie... how are you doing?"

Sylvia: "I... I don't know mom."

Vixen: "She was tearing up a lot..."

You: "What room was it?"

Sylvia: "3..."

Velvet: "Good... stay here... we'll take care of it."

You: "I overlooked your bullying long enough because you told your mom a lot of times so she had the burden of taking care of it... but this time... they went too far for me to leave it be like that."

That's right.... in the previous school Mrs. Belladonna always took care of the bullying... and despite her being famous they still continued bullying Sylvia... but whenever I saw Mr. Belladonna while they were talking about it... I felt like he was about to murder someone... wait a minute... now that I think about it... weren't they bullying Sylvia just to see Mrs. Belladonna... they were far more twisted than I thought.

You: "Are you ready Velvet?" She nodded.

They went to the room and once the doors closed we heard something shattering, some slams, screams and slaps.

Clementine: "I seriously wonder what's going on in there."

Alissa: "I think they demolished the room."

Vixen: "I didn't think they would be this scary..."

We all looked at the doors... not only us but other employees of the company as well...

*Meanwhile Y/N's POV*

Once I closed the doors, Velvet in front of me we got treated by that ex-teacher of Sylvia... the one she said was bullying her.

Ex-Teacher: "Ah. Mrs. and Mr. Belladonna.... here to release another song?"

I took a pen that was there and threw it at him.

You: "Are you an idiot or something? Why would we want to release a song with the likes of you."

Publisher: "Excuse me?"

Velvet slammed her hands on the desk... breaking it in half...

Velvet: "Shut it! This guy over there... was our daughter's teacher back in her old school... and also one of the reasons she transferred."

Publisher: "Is that true?!

You: "And you are no better!"

Velvet charged at them and slapped them both so hard they sat back onto their chairs...

Ex-teacher: "Dang she's too strong."

You: "Serves you right."

Publisher: "What did we do?" At that point my blood started boiling.

You: "YOU EVEN ASK?!!!" I threw his notes at him... which missed him but broke the window behind.

Velvet: "Who was your previous visitor."

Publisher: "Your daughter Sylvia."

You: "And what did you do?"

Ex-teacher: "We did-"

Velvet: "YOU SHUT UP!!!! First you bully Sylvia then you tell her she's not like us when it comes to music?! SHE'S A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL FOR OUM'S SAKE!!!"

You: "And she doesn't have to be like us at all you hear me?"

Publisher: "I do."

Ex-teacher: "Tch..."

Publisher: "Also... you're fired."

Ex-teacher: "What?! You can't do that to me!!!"

Publisher: "I can... and I just did. Leave this room-"

You: "No... he will leave with us... just in case he'd try to hurt our daughter."

Velvet: "You made a mistake you know? Not listening to the song until the end."

Publisher: "We don't have to do that... 30 seconds are enough... and I'm sorry but your daughter's song-"

You: "Hear it again." He rolled his eyes but did so... until the end this time... after all he knew too well who he's talking to.

Ex-teacher: "What's this monstrosity?"

You: "Velvet?" She slapped him again... to the point he had to spit out a tooth.

Publisher: "Alright I admit... the beginning is weak but then it gets real awesone... but what's that Memento Mori at the end?"

You: "The name you should publish it under."

Publisher: "I understand... please forgive my inconvenience... as a repayment I will automatically publish her next 3 songs... of course I'll listen to them but instead of rejecting I'll tell her what to improve... are we good?"

You: "Yes... also if you ban this wanna be teacher from the grounds of this company..."

Publisher: "Of course... consider it done..."

Velvet: "And you won't get near our daughter otherwise we'll go for a restraining order."

Ex-teacher: "Whatever." We stood up and left along with that teacher... who glared at Sylvia... but we lead him away... where the security took him out.

Alissa: "What did you do inside?"

You: "Oh we just made sure that song will get released."

Sylvia: "But I-"

Velvet: "You didn't want that?"

Sylvia: "Well I wanted... but... by myself."

You: "Sylvia, the publisher listened to it again and said he will publish it."

Vixen: "Because you were there."

Velvet: "No... if he found it was not publishable even after listening to the whole song we'd let it be and tell you... we went to that room because of what they said to Sylvia..."

Sylvia: "But if I went there again he'd refuse."

You: "Well... you don't try to fight back... so we made you a little push forward."

Clementine: "What if people won't like it?"

You: "Only time will tell Clementine... so... ready to go home?"

Sylvia: "I guess."

Vixen: "We should go too..."

Alissa: "Agreed..."

*Next day in school, Sylvia's POV*

I was sitting at my desk, Alissa as usual beside me... Clementine and Vixen joined us during the break.

The classroom doors bursted open.

Classmate: "Yo guys have you heard that new song? 'My Treasure'?" That piqued our interest... because it was our song.

Girl: "No..."

Guy: "Just listening to it."

Classmate: "Isn't it great?"

Guy: "I listen to a different genre but I guess you're right."

Girl: "Let me listen." Me, Clementine, Alissa and Vixen looked at each other and smiled.

Vixen: "Seems like a success."

Sylvia: "You said it." Thank you dad, mom...

Girl: "Oh my Oum it's so great!!! Who sang this?"

Classmate: "The band is called Memento Mori."

Clementine: "We're not in a band though... plus your mom had to play along..."

Sylvia: "If we wanna form that band then we need more people."

Guy: "Memento Mori? What does that even mean?"

Classmate: "I don't know... but it sounds awesome."

And so my own voice was heard throughout the classroom... only a bit differently sounding.

Girl: "Wow that singer sounds so awesome."

Guy: "And familiar... where have I heard her before."

I looked at the others and they nodded... Alissa pushed me up.

Sylvia: "Well does this voice sound familiar?"

Girl: "Sylvia?"

Guy: "Your voice?"

Sylvia: "Well yes... I was singing that." The whole classroom went quiet... and it got me a bit nervous.

Everyone: "WHAAAAT!!!!"

Vixen: "And we were playing."

Girl: "That's... I can't believe it."

Classmate: "Your voice is so soft... did you really sing it?"

Sylvia: "Want a proof?"

Girl: "Yes..." And so I sang it... with my own voice covering me because others played the music and there's no instrumental version only yet.

Once I finished everyone went with wide eyes. And a huge applaus was heard.

Guy: "Whoa I was not expecting that!"

Girl: "You're one step closer to be as successful as your parents."

Sylvia: "I wouldn't say that."

The bell rang and the teacher arrived.

Teacher: "Hello everyone... first of all Ms. Belladonna I heard what you did.... I'm proud... I presume that publishing was no problem?"

Sylvia: "Well... my parents had to help..."

Guy: "Help how?"

Vixen: "As it turned out one of the judges was Sylvia's ex-teacher and he despised her so... they told her that from a Belladonna they expected much more."

Guy: "I'd kill that guy... I mean I heard it... and the song is absolutely awesome."

Girl: "Yeah.."

Alissa: "So when Sylvia told us... Vixen called her parents and they... well made them publish it..."

Clementine: "Even though they said that if even after listening to the whole song they still would refuse they'd do nothing about it."

Teacher: "Hmm... I see... say it's music class... how about we listen to it all together."

Sylvia: "I'd rather not... I heard it too many times today."

Teacher: "Alright... in that case books on page 100..." and the class continued.

After it ended almost every classmate surrounded me.

Girl: "How is your voice so different when you're not singing."

Guy: "She must've got that talent of her mother."

Guy 2: Can I get your autograph?"

Sylvia: "Autograph? I'm not famous at all."

Guy 2: "Please Sylvia."

Sylvia: "No... I'm sorry... maybe when I'll make it big... then maybe... but... I'm not sure about autographs."

Girl: "When will you make another song?"

Vixen: "Whoa everyone calm down... don't you think you're being harsh on her?"

Guy: "But that's a good question."

Sylvia: "I don't know... I have no idea in mind... besides mom had to play on one of the instruments but if I want my own band then I can't ask mom to play instruments for us..."

Guy 3: "So you're looking for an instrument player?"

Clementine: "Yes we do... anything but flute and piano."

Girl: "Oohhh that's a good opportunity."

Sylvia: "But I'm not sure if I will make a new song... I had troubles with this one... and those were very unpleasant. I don't wanna go through that again."

Alissa: "Then we'll find a company outside Menagerie."

Guy: "Yeah my dad has one in Vale... he's nice to people and unless the music and singing is extremly bad he will accept it."

Sylvia: "Do you have some of his business cards?"

Guy: "Yes but they are at home... you would have to wait until tomorrow."

Alissa: "That would be nice... hmm Sylvia... are you feeling up for another song?"

Sylvia: "I said I don't know... I'll wait until I get that business card and call his dad to ask about stuff... then I might think about it."

Girl: "Right... I hope you'll get through to people...since you're a Belladonna you will have it difficult."

Sylvia: "Yeah you're right."

The ball rang again signalling another lesson began.

After school, at home a surprise awaited me... I got an envelope and when I opened it there were lien inside and also a note.

Young Sylvia Belladonna,

I'm sorry I acted like I did during that judging for publishing. I shouldn't have said what I did so here's a little compensation for my bad behaviour and also your first earnings from 'My Treasure' as it seems many people listened to the song and they liked it.

I put the note aside and looked at all the lien... it was 10 000 Lien... my eyes went wide... but now how much is the compensation and how much are earnings.

You: "Whoa look at that money... that's quite a lot considering it's only first day your song is out."

Sylvia: "It's not only from the song but also a compensation from that publisher for how he acted towards me... you didn't  tell him to give me something did you?"

You: "No... he did that on his own."

Velvet: "Maybe we should make you a bank account. Because having this much real money is bad."

You: "Right."

Sylvia: "Sure... I should give the girls some cut... I didn't do the song alone did I?"

You: "You should."

Sylvia: "There's something I wanted to talk about."

You: "What is it?"

Sylvia: "My classmates want me to make another song which I wanna do because I liked it but I don't have any idea what it should be about?"

Velvet: "You aren't being forced are you?"

Sylvia: "No, I'm doing it because I want."

You: "Okay... but who will make the music and lyrics? Vixen again?"

Sylvia: "And Clementine yes."

You: "Hmm alright."

Velvet: "I think there's one obvious theme right?"

Sylvia: "What are you talking about mom?"

Velvet: "The way everyone told you you don't have what it takes to be like us and yet... here you are thinking about another song and your first song was a success..."

You: "Honestly Sylvia if you will continue like this you might surpass us."

Sylvia: "I don't think I could... not after one song at least."

Velvet: "So the theme is... difficulties life will offer..."

Sylvia: "Oh that sounds great!"

You: "Yes it does... now Sylvia is that all?" I nodded.

Velvet: "Then what about homeworks?"

Sylvia: "Don't have any today... dad can we practice on guitar?"

You: "Of course."

Velvet: "Maybe it wouldn't hurt to learn other instruments..."

You: "She can't hide away the instruments like we can Velv... where would she have it?"

Velvet: "Dear, I didn't say own other instruments... I said learn... it might come in handy if you're for example one band member short."

You: "Okay you got me there."

Sylvia: "It happened to you? That you were one band member short?"

You: "Yes... for example when aunt Illia gave birth and uncle Fox was with her the whole time... or when anyone of us got sick to the point they couldn't attend."

Sylvia: "Well then... it's better to know more instruments... alright mom... which one we'll start with?"

Velvet: "Trumpet."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

212K 4.9K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
5.2K 92 16
y/n is the adopted faunus son of taiyang Xiao long and summer rose. After an accident, y/n is forced to run away from home, and into the cold embrace...
5.7K 110 14
" Even if the woman of the whole world start screaming, they cannot match how much you're one whisper means to me"
10.6K 265 44
Betrayed by those they trusted and left for dead, Falke and Pyrrha are now on their own. With no direction and no help they must make their way throu...