Red Is For Love (Io Shirai X...

By Freedom_Fighter24

Kai Hosako, the twin brother of Kaori Hosako, is Japan's first autistic pro wrestler who made waves in New Ja... More

Profile
Debut
In-Ring Debut
Training Together
Masami's Debut
Adam vs Ren
Surprise!
Yokohama
Tokyo
Talk(s)
Yamaguchi
Six Man Tag
Head Over Heels?
Strong vs Hosako
Ready To Fight
Happy Birthday Minoru!
Making History
Moving In And Birthdays
On The Trail
One More Day
WarGames Pt. 1
WarGames Pt. 2
After WarGames
The Old Returns
Two Segments
Time Together
Phoenix Pt. 1
Phoenix Pt. 2
Challengers
Livestream
First Squash Match (As A Champion)
Johnny vs Ren II
Writing A Book
New York Pt. 2
Attack of The Fan
New Look, New Attitude
Return
Be Mine
EVOLVE Pt. 1
EVOLVE Pt. 2
Promo
Johnny vs Ren III
Masami's Birthday
New Entrance
XXV
No More BS
Mixed Tag Match
Toronto
Ren vs Io
Contendership
Invasion
Something's Wrong
Confrontation
Back To Full Sail
Happy Day
Strong vs Hosako II
Fish vs Hosako II
Unexpected
Appreciation
8 Man Tag
A Big Mistake
Final Straw
Split Interview
Yes?
Preparations
War Pt 1
War Pt 2
Wrestlemania 36
Special Day
Epilogue Pt 1
Epilogue Pt 2
The Process of Creating Kai "Ren" Hosako

New York Pt. 1

159 3 56
By Freedom_Fighter24

~With Kai~

For months, it's been hectic.

First, I learned that Hunter and his crew, D-Generation-X are getting inducted in the Hall of Fame, and second, my sister has her Women's Title on the line with Shayna (she just can't stay away), Masami, and now Bianca BeLair.

I mean, I understand the concept and whatnot, but to have multiple challengers for Kaori's title is something that I'm not a big fan of. I am not excited about it, but if it makes her happy, then I am too.

Plus, I was personally invited by Hunter to be a part of the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and I wanted Masami and Kaori to come with me.

The best part? I'm gonna be meeting some old friends and from my time in Japan. I couldn't wait to see them again, you know? I really missed some of these guys.

As Kaori, Masami, and I flew in a private jet, we made sure that we had our outfits for the ceremony, including Takeover: New York, that was the main thing and we did. We had everything, and we flew from our house to the Barclays Center.

After settling down in the hotel, resting up, and just trying figure out what the three of us can do together as a group, we got our gear and we went to the arena.

I was number two on the card as I was facing off against Matt Riddle for my NXT North American Championship. Kaori and Masami were number four as we had to train together at the PC, just for extra time and preparation.

Also, I know I will be losing the title, but I don't know in what way. I do know that I will be hinting a heel turn during and after the match, just to keep the fans invested.

How will I hint that? We'll have to wait to find out.

As the first match was done, I put something new on my shoulders and no, it's not the jacket, it's this:

I'm basically gonna have this draping around my neck to show that I'm all about old school technical wrestling.

I know Samoa Joe will give me a hard time, but I hope that he trusts me with what I'm doing, and I'll make my character different from other gimmicks I've done over the years.

As soon as I was done stretching and doing some warmup drills with Masami, who was also in her gear, and I waited for Matt to make his entrance.

When he went out there to all the "bro" chants, he looked like he was having the time of his life, fist bumping a lot of people.

As Matt was done with his entrance, Masami and I pecked our lips together, and I made my entrance as I walked out onto the stage, title in hand, down the ramp, showing everyone how serious I was about this match.

Renallo: Ren Hosako, donning a new look as we can see!

Phoenix: Yeah, I like that! He's showing he can be technical, not just in the ring, Mauro, but when he's making an entrance.

Nigel: Based on my research about Ren, he grew up watching Pancrase Hybrid Wrestling, one of the oldest MMA organizations in the world today, but think about it: that's what Hosako grew up watching, studying the likes of Ken Shamrock, Bas Ruten, Minoru Suzuki, and among others, being a cut from the same cloth, and look at his gear!

Renallo: You're absolutely right as Matt Riddle and Ren Hosako, facing off for the very first time. The Prodigy looking to retain his title and make a statement, telling everyone he's here to stay, and he will fight as if the next match is his retirement match!

After making my entrance, the announcer introduced us...

Announcer: The following contest is scheduled for one fall...

Crowd: ONE FALL!

Announcer: ...and it is for the NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP!

The crowd applauded as I was focused as I can be.

Announcer: Introducing first, the challenger, from Las Vegas, Nevada, weighing at 216lbs, MATT RIDDLE!

He did his pose and everything as I was up next.

Announcer: And his opponent, from Yamaguchi, Japan, weighing at 229lbs, he is the NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION, "THE PRODIGY", REN HOSAKO!

I walked in the middle, and raised the title above my head, showing that I'm not backing down from a fight. Matt was smirking at me with confidence, telling me that he's not backing down as well, so I got my work cut out for me.

I went back into my corner, taking the towel off my neck, setting it to the side, and I was ready to go.

Once the ref lifted the title above his head, telling everyone that the title's on the line, he gave it to another official before the match went underway.

Ref: RING THE BELL!

The bell rang, and Matt and I circled around the ring in a fast pace, rather than the slow pace I would usually do with my opponents. Since Riddle is skilled in Muay Thai and martial arts, I gotta make sure that I watch out for his Bro-mission hold.

Once I was about to get close, I heard the crowd chanting "Bro" that I looked out into the crowd, sneered at them, and they changed the chant to...

Crowd(chanting): HOSAKO! HOSAKO! HOSAKO!

I nodded before Riddle and I touched each other's fingertips, looking to see who will make the first move. It was Matt who strikes first but with his kicks and slaps. I managed to block both of them and when he went for a kick, I grabbed a hold of his leg and perform a Dragon Screw, making sure that his strikes weren't used for the rest of the time being.

I decided to perform a heel hook, to see if it'll make him tap. He didn't, but I do know that I have to make the hold much more difficult than it is at the moment. I pulled the heel back, twisting it a little to cause some pain, and Matt was staying calm and not screaming in agony.

He eventually made it to the bottom rope and I released and stood up as Matt did as well while the crowd applauded for our first exchange of holds.

It seemed like the fans are starting to really enjoy what I brought to NXT because of how unique this style of wrestling is and how old school it really is, but unfortunately to them, I'm not gonna be a good guy for much longer.

When Matt and I got close again, he attacked first again and I took him off his feet as I put him on his stomach so I can ground him and use the Half Nelson and the Power Half Nelson, which I can use to perform punches, sleeper holds, and armbars.

I punched Matt a couple times first before I locked in an armbar, proving to use this as an effect on the upper chest region while the fans were fascinated by how well versed we were and how Matt was trying to mount some offense.

Thing is, we didn't meet up at the PC to practice for our match. We both agreed to call our own shots and try to make use of how we can counter each other's moves by watching old footage of our matches in the indies and whatnot.

This is how Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle did their match, and that's what Matt and I are doing right now.

Matt managed to counter by kneeing my ribs and I released the hold and he mounted me on my back, looking to lock in the Bro-Mission but I got out of it by rolling out of the ring.

The crowd still cheered and applauded as I got back inside the ring and Matt and I faced off again. We both touched hands as Matt went behind me and took me off my feet and gave me a cover guard, but I moved around and managed to get out of it before I flipped Matt over on his stomach, grabbed one of his arms, pulled it behind his back, and slapped his hand two times, signaling him to try and get out of this.

Now, he didn't panic when I locked it in on him, but he was trying to get out of it by bending himself up.

Big mistake.

I crossed my legs around his head, balancing on my head, cranking his head in a way it shouldn't be cranked before I went for the Fujiwara, but Matt flipped me on my back, where he got a one count, but I put my foot on the bottom rope, before the ref counted two.

Matt then let go before I went under the ropes, looking to bait Riddle in the rope assisted arm-breaker, that I'm using quite often and it's becoming really popular with the fans, so, why not add it to my repertoire?

When Matt stuck his arms out to grab me, I stood up, stepped through the rope, and got the hold locked in deep. While I was hanging upside down, performing the hold, I smiled with evil as my tongue was sticking up on the right side of my upper lip.

When the ref slowly counted to four, I released, landed on my feet, turned around, leaned back against the ring apron, and posed as I pointed at Matt with a facial expression that only horror movie fans would see the reference:

Renallo: Oh, and Ren looking like an American Psycho!

Hey, I was just watching the movie before the two of us made it to the arena and since the story of the film took place in New York, why not reference that scene from the movie?

I grabbed Matt out of the ring, and I Irish whipped him into the ring post shoulder first, and I started forearming him a couple times until Matt fought back by kneeing my face, barely near my right cauliflower ear, and threw me back into the ring to cover me, but I kicked out at 2.

Matt then mounted me, and slapped my face a couple times before he took my left arm and started cranking it back as my legs were moving around in panic mode, but I was calm, cool, and collected.

After some time, in the hold, I eventually reached the bottom rope with my right foot, making Matt relinquish the hold as I shook my arm, trying to get some feeling back into it.

~10 Minutes Later~

Matt and I were just giving everyone a fucking clinic with how many holds we were giving each other, but when Matt wanted to attack, I gave him a clothesline, another clothesline, I forearmed him, performed a snapmare, sat him up, I ran to the ropes, and kicked his upper chest.

I covered him, but when he stuck his arm out to power out of the cover, I immediately grabbed it and started twisting his wrist around.

After being over his head, I bent the wrist...

Crowd: Oooooh.

...I bent the elbow...

Crowd: Oooooh!

...and I locked in the arm and pulled it back.

Crowd: OOOOOHHH!

Matt was screaming in agony and holding on for dear life as I kept it locked in.

After a couple seconds or so, Matt was able to crawl over to the rope, since we were near it, and grab it with his free arm.

I relinquished the hold after the ref counted to four, but I was in the attack by kneeing Matt's ribs and clubbing his back a couple times until I started to feel fatigue by how long this match was.

Matt managed to slowly get up and we had a staredown, that was when he told me to give it to him.

I shh'd the crowd, rubbed my hands, and then...

CRACK!

The crowd groaned and cringed as Matt felt that chop.

Renallo: Like the crack of a rifle!

Matt then turned to me and gave me a chop of his own, which looked similar to mine, but just slightly lighter than mine.

I then chopped him again and he was down to one knee before getting back up and then chopping me.

Then, it turned into a chop fest as we were just going off on each other!

Renallo: These chops from Hosako, they sound like a rifle crack!

We kept going at it until Matt wanted me to forearm him, so I did by hitting him in his jaw, which lead him to bending over, trying to take in the punishment as I grabbed his hair and pulled him up to my face.

I shh'd the crowd again, swung my arm around and then gave him another forearm until he was down and out.

Phoenix: Ren should just flip him over and get the three count!

I decided to do it again, but Matt pushed my arms away and gave me a headbutt, which made me sell by holding onto my head and opening my mouth, making the people think I was actually hurt when I wasn't.

Matt then took my arm and locked in my own finishing hold, the Fujiwara!

I was banging my legs, thinking of a way to get out of it, so I did by flipping over, hoping I'd get out of it, but Matt had it scouted and made me lay on the mat canvas again, keeping the hold locked in!

I was keeping my mouth open, making sure to ignore the pain, which worked as I had an idea: I tapped the canvas two times with an open palm, making people think that I was tapping out when in reality, I was going to finish this.

Renallo: Wait a minute!

Phoenix: Woah!

McGuiness: Wait, was that a tap!

Renallo: The official Jessika Carr is saying that it is not a tap!

I managed to put my foot on the bottom rope, having Matt relinquish the hold again and he just went off on me by giving me a couple of uppercuts and some blows to my back, including some knees to my ribs!

Matt: Stay down, bro! Stay down!

I then got up as slowly as I can before Matt lifted me up in his shoulders before giving me his Bro-To-Sleep.

He covered me...

Crowd: ONE! TWO! THR—!

I kicked out just before the ref counted to three, but just barely.

Matt then decided to end it by lifting me up and putting me in his Bro-Mission, but I had it scouted by locking him in my Sleeper and then I looked for the Brainbuster, but Matt gave me bare knuckle punches to my chest before chopping me.

He then ran to the ropes, where I ran to, he looked to take me off my feet with a kick, but I swerved that and locked in the sleeper!

The crowd went nuts and they knew that the end was near, but I had another idea.

I whispered to him...

Me: Kick out after I give you Brainbuster.

Matt: You sure, bro?

Me: Definitely.

He "passed out" before I put him underneath my arm, hyped up the crowd who were just cheering about the finish I came up with.

I lifted him up and performed the Brainbuster but after I covered him...

Crowd: ONE! TWO! THRE—!

Matt kicked out at 2 3/4.

The crowd was just in disbelief as I decided to sell it by looking shocked and in disbelief.

Crowd: FIGHT FOREVER! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* FIGHT FOREVER! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

We weren't actually going to fight forever, but this is probably gonna make the crowd call this the Match of The Night.

As I lifted him up for another move, he gave me a schoolboy roll up, that I kicked out at 2, but he locked in the Bro-Mission on me!

~With Masami~

Matt had the Bro-mission locked in, and Kai was just trying to get out of it! He was fighting, trying to stay alive however he could!

But unfortunately, Kai was fading and after trying to escape the hold for at least five minutes, he passed out, giving the ref no choice but to call for the bell.

I was so devastated by Kai losing the Championship, but I know that it could work because the two of us were turning heel down the road.

Announcer: Here is your winner, and NEW NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION, MATT RIDDLE!

The stars were all aligned, but the only thing that would've made it better was if Kai won and kept the title, but that's okay. Him and Matt giving the fans one hell of a match was definitely better than the outcome.

When Kai was standing up, he looked a bit upset about it, but I think I know what's coming.

As he extended his hand towards Matt, getting the crowd elated by this, Riddle accepted as he took the title from the ref and told Matt to turn around to put it around his waist.

Matt accepted, turned around, and Kai hit Riddle in the back of the head with the belt!

Renallo: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!

Phoenix: What the! Ren! What are you doing!

McGuiness: I'll tell you what he's doing! He's making a statement!

Kai looked absolutely furious and he was standing over Matt's unconscious body, but instead of leaving him alone, he flipped Matt over, sat on his stomach, and started attacking him with forearms as the crowd started to boo him!

Renallo: What a disgusting display by Ren Hosako! Stop it! This is not how it should go down!

Phoenix: He just showed sportsmanship to Matt Riddle but now this?! What the hell is going on!

McGuiness: What's going on is that he's had enough of being the good guy! That's what is going on!

After some very stiff shots to Matt, Kai got up, went out of the ring, pulled out a chair, and threw it in the ring!

As soon as Matt stood up, Kai took Matt's head, put it underneath his arm, and performed the Brainbuster onto Matt, onto the chair!

Kai sat back up, and, I couldn't believe what was happening.

He was laughing!

The reason Kai was laughing is because of what he just did, he looked proud of it, getting booed in the process!

Is this his heel turn?!

When Kai got out of the ring and started to walk back to the gorilla position, not only taking in the fact that he's now a heel, but the crowd were booing him and chanting...

Crowd: YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK!

Kai was just taking in all the boos and jeering as he was smiling from ear to ear, as he walked to the back, where I was, I saw Hunter smiling and clapping.

Hunter: That was great!

Me: Wait, was this—?

Kai: それはそうです。 テイクオーバー:ニューヨーク、マットをターゲットにしたいですか? 彼はそれのためにいました。 彼は基本的に私に言った、「あなたが望むしかし私に出かけているが、ただ私を傷つけない」。 (It is. I wanted to turn at Takeover: New York, and Matt? He was all for it. He basically said to me, "Go off on me however you want, but just don't actually hurt me.")

Me: それからこれはかかと、カイを回すのに最適な方法です。 (Then this is the best way to turn heel, Kai.)

I hugged Kai, kissing him on his cute lips and Hunter let us go back to the locker room, where Matt met with us, and he looked so excited about working with Kai!

Matt: Such a great turn, Bro! That was awesome!

Kai: Arigato, Matt.

After some time of them talking about the feud and how they should work it, Kaori and I had to get ready for our match, but what I didn't know was that neither of us were wanting this particular person to win.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 485 41
Kenji Cruz, a Filipino-Japanese wrestler who was a member of CHAOS and the protege of Kazuchika Okada has finally signed to WWE after being part of N...
15.4K 300 49
Finley Flanigan hasn't always has the best of friends besides Kevin Owens, the one man he trusts, but a certain Genius of The Sky fall for him takes...
2.8K 109 61
Randy Orton Love Story. This story is about Kelly Smith also known as Katie Skye who is the none identical twin sister of Kendall Skye (Kendra Smith)...
383 44 10
"Kai Fuduki. And you are?" I watched the strings snake toward his own hand, and knew there was no going back. "Mayim Fuduki, and I'm your sister." **...