.β€’What Once Wasβ€’. (vix...

By cockroachquesadilla

"π˜“π˜¦π˜΅'𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘡 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘰𝘯𝘀𝘦 𝘸𝘒𝘴." In the amidst of a boring life, Y/n finds herse... More

All for Them.
Don't do anything reckless.
A Nice Gesture.
Secrets are key.
Frisky.
Heartfelt & Corny Convos.
Bubbling Fountain.
Tip from Little Man.
Mistake.
Worried.
On the Run.
Sacrifices.
The Way it is Now.
Trying.
Curiousity.
Talk about It.
Lost & Found.
On One Condition.
Not Alone.
Famous Soup.
Firelights.
Strays.
Guests.
Rich.

Unsaid Goodbyes.

373 12 0
By cockroachquesadilla

After finally having found a way out, the both of you quickly descended the stairs and went inside the shared room, where you were met with Mylo and Claggor arguing.
"You're back!" Powder exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around her older sister.
Though you could see the tears clouding Vi's eyesight as she gazed down at her sister.
She parted, walking over to the table filled with weaponry and was just about to grab Vander's gauntlets until Mylo stopped her.
"Hey! Those are Vander's. Slow down. What's going on?"

"Benzo's dead." She replied, looking down at the floor.
"Dead?" Claggor whispered.
"They took Vander." Vi replied.
"Who took Vander?" Mylo asked, a look of concern now on his face.
"I don't know. But I need to help him." She finished; her face now unreadable as it was clouded with multiple emotions, the most apparent one being fear.

"We're going with you."
Vi began to shudder, her arms slightly shaking.
"Whatever killed Benzo... was nothing like I've seen. It tore him apart."
You placed a reassuring arm on her shoulder just as the others did too.
"You're not doing this alone Vi." Claggor stated.
"Yeah. He's our father too." Mylo finished.

"Do you know where they took him?" She nodded, turning back to the gauntlets and of her equipment.
"Ekko followed them. The old canary next to the docks. He said.." As she was packing, she stopped midway as her eyes landed on Powder.
"I need you to sit this one out Powder."
"What?" She asked, dumbfounded.
"You're not coming."
"I'm not afraid."
"It's too dangerous."

"But families stick together! You said it yourself."
"I know what I said-"
"I want to fight! I can help."
"You're not ready!" Vi spat out, her voice slight raised. She sighed, "I can't lose you, okay? Here, if they come for you, take this and run. Wherever you are, light it up, and I'll find you. I promise."
Vi held Powder for a moment before she turned to you, nodding to motion that it was time to go.
As they all climbed up the stairs, you gave Powder one last hug before you left.

•.                                         •.                                         •.

The lot of you made your way to the canary, a building you had hoped to avoid for the rest of your life. But you had to ignore the past for now, because all that mattered right now was Vander. Getting him out was the top priority.
You all made your way up on the roof, finding a quick entry.
"Let's get Vander and get out."

Climbing down into the inside, you made your way through in attempts to find him.
"I think he might be here." You whispered, motioning to a room across.
And as you all crossed the bridge, there you saw the poor man beaten and bruised. He was tied to a chair and was looking down, as though all his hope had been lost.

"Vi." He stated as he looked up, Vi wrapping him up in a hug.
"What are you doing here?"
"We're breaking you out, Mylo!" She stated.
He quickly got to work in trying to open the lock that was around Vander's wrists, as you and Vi looked around the room for a way of escape.
"How did you get in?! There's guards everywhere."
"It was easy.. we found an open window and-"
Thats when it clicked for all of you.

"Oh, god. You have to get out, now-"
He was interrupted by a familiar voice.
"Welcome."
You turned to face the footsteps that were getting louder and louder, till the son of a bitch finally appeared.
"You have my congratulations. But I'm afraid this will be a very short reunion." He stated, and as he finished his eyes landed on you.
"Have you heard the rumor? Vander the coward fled town with his children and a tag-along, and they were never seen again."

You clenched your fists in anger.
"Claggor, Y/n, see if you can find a way out." She ordered as she put the iron gauntlets on her fists, and you both got to looking.
"You don't have to do this." Reassured Vander, but Vi wasn't one to listen.
"Yes I do."
With the gauntlets tied tightly on her hands, she stepped out and approached a large tattooed man; a threatening look on his face.
Vi got into her stance, and when the figure was about to deliver a plow with his sword, she knocked him out in one punch.

More of Silco's henchmen came after her, but she knew that they were no match against her.
You and Claggor continued to inspect the walls, desperately searching for a weak spot. To your left, Mylo kept on slipping. His nervousness wouldn't allow him to continue.
"Mylo. Take a breath. You can do this."

You continued searching, until you found a specific spot that you deemed worthy. Turning to Claggor, you motioned him over. "I think this is it." You suggested. He inspected it and nodded once debris fell out as he ran a hand over it.
"We're gonna get you out."
Reaching into his backpack, he pulled out two metal rods and handed one to you.

From behind, you could hear Vi's grunts and the sounds of bones cracking as she delivered hits.
But when you saw a flash of purple, you began to grow worried. Turning back, your brows pinched in distress. She was still on her feet, but you began to fret, wondering if she was going to make it out alright.
"Hey, it's okay. Vi has never been one to give up during a fight, and she isn't going to start now. We'll all be alright and Vander will be saved."
Claggor stated as you both began prodding the wall, and you slightly smiled
"Yeah, you're right."
He nodded and continued his job, as did you.

"Mylo, hurry!
He rapidly continued to pick the lock.
"Silco! Let her go. This is between you and me." Vander roared, worried for the girl that was now held up in the air.
"You had your chance."
A thud could be heard, and you winced when you realized it was Vi.
"Vi." Vander called out, and it was enough to make you turn to realize that she was in trouble.

As she got in the room, you quickly went to her side and closed the heavy door, right before Silco's madman could get to her.
"You did good out there." You affirmed, looking into her eyes. She let out a small smile as she caught her breath, and you got back to Claggor to finish off what you started.

And finally, you both got a crack at the wall. Using all your force, you attempted to make it a larger exit along with Claggor.
The room seemed to move when the man outside pushed against the door, but it didn't stop you from continuing to break the wall.
Your muscles ached, but you couldn't stop. You had to continue, to save Vander.

And finally, you could hear the click of Mylo unlocking the last restraint, a hole big enough in the wall for all of you to escape now available. You exchanged grins with Claggor, turning to face Mylo and Vander, when all of a sudden a loud 'bang' was heard from the outside.

The second loud explosion seemed to burst your eardrums as the sound rung out. The whole place seemed to shake, and the crowd of you exchanged alarmed glances. But before any of you could do or say anything, the third bang was heard and blue engulfed your vision.
You were pushed against the wall with tremendous force, harshly hitting your head against the stone wall. Faintly, you could see a blue spark hit Claggor in the face and blood spattered. You grimaced as Mylo collided against the wall with a rod poking out of his collarbone, just as the ceiling collapsed.

You sobbed at the sight, knowing very well that they weren't alive anymore. Your vision was incredibly blurry, and you could feel pain from so many places you didn't know where it hurt the most. Blood trickled down your face, but your consciousness seemed to fade away once a piece of rubble fell atop you.
That was the last time you would ever see them again, something you would have found hard to believe earlier.

•.                                         •.                                         •.

.•3rd Person POV•.

Vander weakly turned to see the setting surrounding him and tears veiled his eyes as he saw his two kids crushed and unmoving.
To the corner, he saw Y/n there, unconscious and buried under a piece of the ceiling. He'd grown to be fond of the girl in this matter of time, but now she was gone. They were all gone. He could hear the whimpers emitting Vi as pain coursed through her, and that gave him reassurance that at least one of his kids made it out alive.

That gave him enough strength to push the concrete off of him, grabbing two spare hooks as weapons. Everyone who got in his way wished they hadn't.

Vi had gained enough force to turn herself over, but the sight in front of her was painful to witness. The two brothers that she loved with her whole heart, and her first and only love were dead.
To the side, she saw one of Powder's trinkets, to which she let out a sob at. The most important people in her life were now gone, and the one left was fighting for his life.
Just like that, in the span of a day, had her world turned upside down.

Fire seemed to surround her as she watched Vander turn into a beast, purple veins all over his body. He'd grown in size, and was almost unrecognizable.

Yet before any more harm had gone Vi's way, Vander used the last bit of strength he had to save his kid, only at the cost of his life. The pink haired girl made a promise to the father she treasured so deeply, before he took his last breath. The promise was one she couldn't keep; all against her will.
The bond between two sisters was broken, and they never saw each other again to forgive one another.
So many tears had been exchanged that day, and more specifically, so many unsaid goodbyes.
Agony, despair, and sorrow were some of the very few words that could describe that dreadful day.
Nothing would ever be the same.

Nothing.

•. •. •.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 3.5K 36
REQUESTS CLOSED I will accept: She/her readers He/him readers They/them readers Him/they readers She/they readers πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€οΏ½...
49K 1.4K 14
A phoenix is born of ashes. A hero is born of war. Who is born through pain? You. Piltover, the city of dreams. Inventions of unimaginable calibres...
143K 4.7K 31
Y/N knows everything and everyone in the undercity. For a fair price, they'll help anyone in need with their incredible engineering skills, no matte...
1.6K 111 6
The Undercity, much like its people, has been outcasted, wounded, and deemed unworthy by the so-called City Of Progress. Yet, there are those who sur...