I Help the Richest Man Spend...

By SheijiHiei

Ye Zhi not only inherited the run-down house, but also the engagement with a man. The man who met his true lo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100

Chapter 28

4.1K 115 3
By SheijiHiei

Yue Ling was much better than Sheng Man, but her body slowly leaned more and more in the direction of Ye Zhi. She couldn't control her figure as she was spinning in circles. Although the distance between her and Ye Zhi had been shortening, it seemed normal.

However just when Ye Zhi was about to finish her last circle, Yue Ling bumped into her. Which caused Ye Zhi to tilt to the side and stopped spinning, while Yue Ling was able to finish her last two turns.

Ye Zhi lost and Yue Ling won.

After Ye Zhi got bumped into, she immediately stabilized her figure and insisted on finishing the last lap.

The moment when Yue Ling bumped into Ye Zhi, Gu Ren's eyes suddenly turned cold. His whole body seemed to be wrapped in the block of ice, so cold that it made people think twice before approaching him.

Gu Ren frowned as his fingers hanging on his side moved slightly. He subconsciously wanted to grab hold of Ye Zhi, but his last shred of reasoning pulled him back. He realized that this was a live show.

Gu Ren originally had an indifferent expression, but now it was colder than before by a few degrees.

Fortunately, Gu Ren was standing some distance away from the action so even if he was caught by the camera, it wouldn't reveal anything.

Yue Ling watched Ye Zhi stand up and immediately stepped forward with a smile: "Sorry, I got dizzy and accidentally bumped into you."

Yue Ling smiled and spoke sincerely, as if she had been careless just now.

However, how could Ye Zhi not tell whether Yue Ling did it on purpose or not? She also smiled back: "It's okay, I will remember to stand further away next time."

Yue Ling thought that Ye Zhi would get angry on the spot. However when she was countered by Ye Zhi's words instead, she could only nod her head: "I will also pay more attention next time."

Last time when Yue Ling saw Ye Zhi, she was wearing a limited edition dress, Yue Ling guessed that Ye Zhi must have a backer. Otherwise, how else did that dress get into Ye Zhi's hands?

However, Ye Zhi's backer couldn't affect netizens' impression of Ye Zhi. She was very infamous. Even if Yue Ling bumped into Ye Zhi, no one would speak on behalf of her.

However, Yue Ling was in the wrong this time. Netizens had a bad impression of Ye Zhi because she tried to use Gu Ren for hype and caused him many inconveniences. But now that she didn't use such a method, netizens hopefully would not cause her trouble.

Besides, who was Yue Ling? How could she fool so many fans of Gu Ren's fans?

"Did Yue Ling do it deliberately? I found her glance at Ye Zhi when the game started."

"Originally, I was appreciating Ye Zhi's spins but I didn't expect her to be bumped into. Ye Zhi still insisted on completing the task and was not angry at all."

"My impression of Ye Zhi changed a lot this time. Yue Ling is desperately trying to win. She seems to want to select Gu Ren as her team mate."

The director turned a blind eye to Yue Ling's behavior and didn't dredge on it. Anyway, this drama would make the show worth watching.

Director: "Yue Ling and Ye Zhi will be the leaders of the two groups. Yue Ling completed the spinning first so Yue Ling will select the team members first."

Since Ye Zhi and Yue Ling won the first two places, Sheng Man was left behind and became the loser and would have to be picked by one of them.

Compared with Sheng Man's foul expression, Ye Zhi was quite calm. She looked at Yue Ling and finally realized why Yue Ling bumped her.

Last time at the dress shop, Yue Ling caused a huge uproar, but still failed to get the dress she wanted, and instead got herself blacklisted from the store.

When Yue Ling saw that dress on her, she was angry, jealous and wanted revenge. But Ye Zhi didn't care about Yue Ling's overtly targeting her.

Ye Zhi suddenly thought of something and her gaze fell on Gu Ren, but her eyes only stayed there for a moment before looking away.

Ye Zhi vaguely guessed Yue Ling's other intentions and she frowned slightly, feeling a little irritated for no reason.

Yue Ling smiled slightly when she heard the director's words. She pretended to think hard about her decision for a while as looked at the guests.

Finally after a while, Yue Ling said the name that she had already decided in her heart from the start.

"Gu Ren."

Yue Ling smiled at Gu Ren: "We are from the same company, so I hope that you can give me some advice."

In the face of Yue Ling's deliberate approach, Gu Ren did not smile at all as she imagined he would. Gu Ren just nodded slightly.

Gu Ren did not show any partiality to Yue Ling, when she mentioned their company.

Even after he was selected as a member, Gu Ren didn't walk over to Yue Ling's side. He still stood where he was, as if he was going to wait until everyone was selected before going there.

However, Gu Ren's temperament had always been this way. He was cold and indifferent, making it difficult to see his emotions. So when he did this, everyone found it reasonable.

The smile on Yue Ling's face stiffened for a moment, but it soon returned to normal. She also knew Gu Ren's character. Gu Ren was not the kind of person who would take the initiative to express goodwill.

It was Ye Zhi's turn to select her teammate. Ye Zhi glanced briefly at everyone, before she looked at Xiong Ting and smiled.

"Brother Xiong, you have to be with me."

Xiong Ting also didn't want to team up with Yue Ling. He saw the scene of Yue Ling deliberately hitting Ye Zhi just now. He had experienced a lot more than Yue Ling, and he could see through Yue Ling's careful acting with a glance.

Xiong Ting had always been a straightforward person and disdained dealing with people who were scheming.

Xiong Ting smiled and walked toward Ye Zhi's direction: "Of course, I am fine with it."

Yue Ling saw that Ye Zhi had chosen Xiong Ting and immediately said, "I choose Shan Qian as the next member of my team."

As soon as Yue Ling spoke, everyone realized a problem. If Gu Ren, Xiong Ting, and Shan Qian had been picked, then it meant that there was only one person left.

Sheng Man had become the team member that nobody wanted.

However, everyone subconsciously felt that it wasn't that surprising. Combined with Sheng Man's previous performance, if it were up to them, they would have also avoided Sheng Man and picked the others first.

Sheng Man almost couldn't maintain her calm expression. How could she when she received such treatment? Why did no one choose her?

Sheng Man almost lost her temper and left the show. But luckily the director noticed that the atmosphere was not right, so he hurriedly came over to mediate the situation.

"Sheng Man automatically belongs to Ye Zhi's group."

Ye Zhi didn't expect this result either. She expected that Yue Ling would choose Sheng Man. Ye Zhi watched Sheng Man walk to her side reluctantly.

Ye Zhi looked at Sheng Man's shriveled expression and almost couldn't help but laugh. However, she kept in mind that she was live on the show right now. She saw that Gu Ren looked calmly in the face of everything, and unexpectedly smiled.

Ever before Ye Zhi and Yue Ling began to select their group members, netizens had been speculating whether Ye Zhi and Sheng Man would end up in the same group, and now it had actually happened.

"Sheng Man's reluctant expression is too obvious. I can feel her anger through the screen."

"Although Ye Zhi and Sheng Man are now on the same team, why do I feel that they are separated by the milky way. Hahaha...."

"The show is getting interesting. I could watch one hundred episodes just for these kinds of scenes."

Director said, "The ingredients have been hidden by the crew, and the guests have two hours to find them all."

When Ye Zhi picked a direction to start hunting, Yue Ling chose to go the completely opposite direction and the two groups began to perform the task.

Ye Zhi and Xiong Ting tried coming up with a plan for a while. They came to the decision to start to look along the stream. While Sheng Man stood beside them without saying a word as if she had no intention of participating at all.

After Ye Zhi and the others headed off, Sheng Man would slowly follow behind them.

Yue Ling decided to go in the direction of the woods. When she saw that Ye Zhi had already left her sight, the smile on her face widened a bit.

While walking to the woods, Yue Ling tried talking to Gu Ren: "Senior, although we are from the same company, we haven't had much time to talk more than a few words with each other till now."

Yue Ling tilted her head slightly and looked at Gu Ren with a gentle smile.

However, Gu Ren was looking around completely concentrated and he didn't even look at Yue Ling, when she was talking. He said in a slightly cold tone.

"I'm very busy."

After saying that, Gu Ren said nothing else to her.

Gu Ren answered very briefly. No one knew whether he was answering her previous question or told Yue Ling that he was too busy to talk to her now.

Yue Ling wanted to say something, but Shan Qian suddenly said: "There seems to be nothing to eat here. We'd better split up to look for ingredients, or we won't be able to have any dinner."

Just as Yue Ling wanted to refuse, Gu Ren immediately agreed: "That's a good idea, it's more efficient."

As soon as the words fell, Gu Re and Shan Qian spontaneously split into two directions without paying any attention to Yue Ling. They continued to look for ingredients.

There was nothing wrong with Gu Ren and Shan Qian's suggestion. It was time to do the task. Finding the ingredients was the first goal.

Yue Ling wanted to take the opportunity to get close to Gu Ren, but the plan she hatched failed even before it started.

At the other end, Ye Zhi and her team were walking toward the stream. Ye Zhi and her team had guessed right. In the middle of the stream, there seemed to be some ingredients sitting on a boulder.

Ye Zhi entered the water first, followed by Xiong Ting and Sheng Man. Xiong Ting went in another direction to see if there were other ingredients hidden around.

However, just as Sheng Man was about to put her feet in, her eyes fell on the famous branded shoes on her feet. She immediately began to hesitate.

The water in the stream in autumn was brutally cold. However, Ye Zhi just frowned and then continued to walk forward.

When Ye Zhi was very close to reaching the ingredients, she suddenly slipped when she stepped on a particularly smooth stone. She fell down on her butt all of a sudden.

At this moment, half of Ye Zhi's body was completely wet. Just as Ye Zhi wanted to stand up, a hand extended in front of her, the next second.

The fingers were slender and fair. The lines on the open palm were very clear.

She saw that Gu Ren stood there with the light against him, standing in a position where the light and shadow intersected. The clear sunlight fell on his shoulder but his face was mostly covered by the shadow.

Ye Zhi stretched out her hand subconsciously. When she put her hand on Gu Ren's palm, she realized that her hand had been soaked.

At that moment Ye Zhi wanted to withdraw her hand, but Gu Ren held her hand without hesitation and pulled her out of the water.

~

At the moment Ye Zhi stood up with the help of Gu Ren, and tacitly separated afterwards and they each took a step back.

Ye Zhi suddenly heard the sound of water splashing behind her. She immediately turned her head to look and found that Sheng Man had somehow also fallen into the water like her.

Xiong Ting quickly stretched out his hand to Sheng Man: "Here, I will help you up."

Sheng Man reluctantly grabbed Xiong Ting's hand and let him pull her up.

Seeing such a scene, netizens immediately got excited.

"Ahhhh, my idol actually held Ye Zhi's hand!"

"Why do I feel that Sheng Man did it on purpose? Did she want to wait for Gu Ren to pull her up as well? However, she didn't expect Brother Xiong to come to the rescue."

"Ye Zhi also did it on purpose, right? She wanted Gu Ren to pull her up."

"Ye Zhi shouldn't have eyes in the back of her head. Gu Ren came from behind and he was also a guest. So it's normal for him to help her out and after Ye Zhi got up, she backed straight away."

Ye Zhi didn't expect Gu Ren to be so courageous. However, if she fell right in front of Gu Ren and Gu Ren did nothing, it would have made a lot of people more suspicious.

Ye Zhi's and Gu Ren's eyes met for a moment, before they immediately looked away.

The moment their eyes met, Gu Ren understood Ye Zhi's meaning. She only said one sentence in her eyes.

Gu Ren, you should behave like a stranger in front of everyone!

Netizens were naturally paying attention to every action of Ye Zhi and Gu Ren.

"Isn't it strange? Unexpectedly, Ye Zh didn't try anything funny. If it were in the past, would Ye Zhi let go of such a good opportunity for hype?"

"Hey, your thoughts are too one-sided. Have you ignored Ye Zhi's performance in recent months? She has been trying to improve herself."

"I really liked this kind of Ye Zhi just a little bit. If one doesn't try to hype, you can see a person's true essence in this reality show."

After finding all of the ingredients, the two groups went to the village with their findings.

When they came back to the house, everyone was already very tired. They fell into the chairs and cushions in the hall just to rest a little while.

There was still some time before dinner so the guests decided to rest before going to cook dinner.

Just as everyone was resting and chatting briefly with each from time to time, one person became restless. Not long after Yue Ling entered the house and relaxed, did she get up from her chair.

Yue Ling began to stroll around the house, muttering in a low voice: "I really want to drink some yogurt."

She looked around the house from the corner of the living room and then went to the kitchen to look in the refrigerator. The furnishings in the house were simple, which she noticed with just a glance. But it was impossible for the show crew to prepare the yogurt that she had been looking for.

Yue Ling returned to the living room and asked the several other guests sitting there: "Is there really no yogurt here? What should I do?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and raised their heads to look at Yue Ling. They looked as if they were staring at a mentally handicapped person. Her voice was soft, but her body gave off a "I am the queen" aura to it.

Shan Qian kindly reminded her: "The crew wants us to endure hardship. There is no yogurt here."

Yue Ling: "But I must drink yogurt every day."

If it weren't for the cameras, Sheng Man would have already rolled her eyes numerous times.

Yue Ling seemed to be thinking that she was here to live leisurely. However, everyone somehow felt that she seemed to be up to something.

Sure enough, Yue Ling turned her head and looked at Gu Ren.

"Senior Gu, can you accompany me to buy some yogurt?"

Gu Ren was a member of Yue Ling's team. There seemed to be no problem for her to make such a request.

Ye Zhi couldn't stand her coy tone. If she hadn't seen Yue Ling's true colors, she really would have thought that she was really delicate.

But she had seen her bossing around people in the stores of Paris. At that time, she was completely arrogant and this delicate side was nowhere to be seen.

Gu Ren hadn't replied yet, but the bullet section was already exploding with unbelievable amounts of comments.

"Shit, I want to use all insults commonly used nationwide! Is Yue Ling's brain flooded? Why should Gu Ren go with her?"

"Will you die if you don't drink yogurt? Will you die if you don't ask Gu Ren to go with you? Oh no, she will die if she doesn't try to use Gu Ren to hype!"

"Why didn't Yue Ling do this before? She must have seen that Gu Ren has a good temper so she decided to try her luck."

Yue Ling knew that there would be a lot of people scolding her online.

However, what she lacked right now was exposure. Even if she was scolded, it was better than being ignored.

In the past few years since Yue Ling signed with the company, only her first two works were very famous but that was it. There were no good results after that. Although she was already a second-tier star, the resources that were given to her decreased slowly but continuously with time.

Not to mention that she had just been blacklisted by a top designer brand. On top of that some people from the fashion industry had heard about this incident and now her future fashion resources were also uncertain.

If Yue Ling didn't try to find a way to give herself the exposure she needed before the contract expired, she would have no hope at all in getting a new one.

At that time, Sheng Man suddenly stood up and said: "If you want to drink yogurt, then I will go with you."

Sheng Man's words indirectly indicated that if Gu Ren accompanied Yue Ling then she would also follow them. Gu Ren could not refuse her in that case.

She didn't want Yue Ling to go out alone with Gu Ren to increase her popularity, so she added herself.

Yue Ling's plan failed once again but she still looked at Sheng Man with a smile: "Sure, come with us."

Gu Ren was a little unhappy. He lowered his eyes slightly and hid his emotion immediately: "Let's go then."

After Gu Ren and the others left, Ye Zhi decided to rest while paying attention to the movement outside. However, Gu Ren and the others did not return even after a long time.

Ye Zhi walked to the door and glanced outside casually. After that, she turned and walked towards the kitchen. Just as she took a few steps forward, she stopped abruptly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 5.2K 5
It's at the start of the annual Purge that Max receives a desperate call from a family member that can't be ignored and has to risk absolutely everyt...
17.1K 397 23
"Would you ever date a teacher?" "No." "Would you ever date your crush?" "Yes." "This is going to be interesting, then." 17-year-old Nya Smith is liv...
140K 5.9K 29
Freya was the type of girl who messed up things on a daily basis, so it wasn't surprising when she mistook a billionaire heir for a waiter with attit...
79.1K 1.7K 26
Being the daughter of the dark one was always going to be a struggle. But this? This is just pure madness. It's even harder when you don't remember y...