To Hell And Back || The Scorc...

goldendragons द्वारा

"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and... अधिक

To Hell And Back
01 - Anne, I-
02 - A Forgetful Mind
03 - Survivors
04 - The Smell
05 - Empty, Silent Room
06 - Tattoo
07 - Three Dreams
08 - The Rat Trap
09 - I'm Going To Win
10 - Screaming
11 - Alone
12 - The Death Of A Friend
13 - Into The Fire
14 - Changed
15 - Free Tommy
16 - Joining The Boys
17 - Hot And Feisty
19 - Death Is Not An Option
20 - Fall
21 - Kill Her
22 - It's Over
23 - A Cold Shower
24 - The Flare
The End
It's Up!

18 - Not So Safe

7.6K 297 47
goldendragons द्वारा

"You've got to be shiting me," I groaned as I looked at a stick that protruded from the ground. The orange ribbon tied to it read: THE SAFE HAVEN. That was it. Nothing else. It was literally a stick in the dirt.

I dragged my hands down my face, completely and utterly frustrated. "Slim it, Anne. This is probably just some trick to make us mad," Minho said. "And it's working."

I was about to respond when Newt got our attention. "Looks like we got company." He was referring to Thomas, Aris, and Teresa who were just arriving. Oh, great. Nice of them to join us at this moment of pure joy. Can't wait for more negativity because I'm surely not giving off enough.

Minho broke through the crowd of people to greet them. "It's about time you slowpokes caught up with us!" he yelled at them.

Thomas took a moment to catch his breath before responding with, "I thought you'd be fightin' tooth and nail with these girls after what they did to us. To me, anyway."

Minho looked back at me as I began to make my way toward them. I met eyes with Teresa, but I quickly glanced away, not wanting to deal with her right now. After everything, I couldn't believe she was with Thomas like nothing happened. It disgusted me.

I scoffed, "Like he would have a chance, even with those muscles of his."

I found myself standing next to Minho, our arms almost touching. When his eyes met mine I winked to play with him a little. I then turned my head back to the brunette boy, his puppy like face very confused.

With a smirk, the burned boy spoke, "She's right, we wouldn't have chance. Not with their nastier weapons, not to mention bows and arrows. Plus, Anne here explained everything. We're the ones who should be surprised that you're still with them. " He glared at Teresa and Aris. "Never trusted either one of those shuck traitors."

"I'm on the same boat as you," I said, agreeing with Minho.

"They're on our side. Trust me," Thomas told us.

Minho laughed bitterly. "Figured you'd say something like that. Let me guess, it's a long story."

"Yeah, very like story. Why'd you stop here? What's everybody looking at?"

Minho swept his strong arm behind him after he stepped to the side. "Have a peeky-peek yourself." Then he yelled to the groups, "You guys make a path!"

Let's just say his reaction was as good as mine. I didn't want to listen to him complain, and I also didn't want to hear the conversation that was bound to happen between Brenda and Teresa, so I went and sat with Frypan and Newt. They were having a conversation about something I wasn't interested it in, making me not want to join it. But when Minho sat down next to me my mood lightened up a bit.

"So what was with that wink back there?" he questioned.

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out," I responded. I smiled to myself because the wink really was nothing. All I wanted to do was play hard to get. If he thought I was already head over heels for him, he had another thing coming. I can't say he wasn't growing on me 'cause that wouldn't be true. But he was still an asshole with an ego too big for his body.

A smile broke out on his face. It was one of hope and satisfaction. "I think I've already figured it out."

I nodded, trying to act as real as possible. "Is that right? Well you have really worked your charm."

"Too bad that wink meant nothing."

I looked at him in shock, my finger nails digging in the dirt. "How..."

"I just knew, okay? All you've been doing is making fun of me for trying. So why should that time be any different?"

Guilt made my body go tense. I can't believe I actually felt bad. Usually when I did things like this to the girls, it was funny to me. This wasn't the first time I've been caught playing my little game, but the hurt in his eyes was too much for me to bear.

I pursed my lips, not knowing how to respond correctly. The wind swept my hair into my face, but before I could move it, someone else did.

Minho tucked the strands of blonde hair behind my ear. His face was now gentle, forgiving. The longer I gazed at him, the harder my heart pounded. My fingertips were now submerged beneath the dust despite how much they shook. That feeling felt so familiar, like I've experienced it many times before. I never wanted that feeling to leave me ever again. But, like all good things in my life, it was ripped away.

"Hey Tommy," Newt said as Thomas sat down.

Thanks, Thomas. Thanks a lot.

"Glad to see you guys made it here," he said.

Frypan laughed, it was almost animal-like. "Same back at ya. Looks like you had more fun, though. Hangin' with your love goddess. Guess you two kissed and made up."

"Not exactly," Thomas sighed. "It wasn't fun."

"Well what happened?" Minho asked. "How can you trust her after all that?" Thomas hesitated so Minho spoke again, "And forgave that witch? I won't. Whatever those shuck WICKED people want to do, fine by me. But I don't trust her, I don't trust Aris, and I don't like either one of them."

"They went through all that- all that planning and acting- just to make you feel betrayed? Doesn't make any bloody sense," Newt put in.

I cleared my throat. "She knows me, I know her," I said.

"Who? Teresa?" Newt questioned.

I nodded. "When she joined our group, I had like, a flash of memory. I knew her before all of this. But she knew who I was right away."

I could tell Thomas was thinking about something, but he wouldn't spit it out. He didn't need to though because I was thinking the same thing. I have been for awhile now. I worked with WICKED, along side Teresa.

"I'm not the person you think I am. I don't even know who I am," I whispered. "But Teresa and Aris know." I looked up to see Brenda staring at me. I haven't talked to her once, but somehow I knew she wasn't just some Crank. The feeling in my gut was so strong, I had to tell them. "And so does Brenda."

"How would you know that?" Thomas defended her.

I glared at him. "Nothing is normal here. I'm not going to ignore the fact that anything can happen. WICKED has tricked us in impossible ways so you can't tell me it hasn't come to your mind too. Even if you do have that little schoolboy crush of yours."

Thomas was about to argue with me when lightening struck. "Maybe we should bag this whole safe haven thing and try to find shelter," he suggested, completely forgetting about our debate.

"No way," Newt replied. "We didn't come this far to go back now. Let's just hope the buggin' storm holds off a little longer."

The sky was so dark it looked like it was night despite it being just past noon. The wind began to pick up even more, causing it to roar and swoosh.

"What's that!" Minho shouted, jumping to his feet; he pointed at a spot over Thomas's shoulder.

The desert ground was opening up as a terrifying groaning, twisting steel sound pierced the air. From the depths of hell came white coffin like containers. They reminded me of the things the Grievers were in, and that made my body tremble as I stood up. Suddenly dozens of them started to rise. We were surrounded.

I looked over at Minho who's face was full of terror. I could only imagine how I appeared. If we were going to die because of these things, I didn't want to be so hardheaded and stubborn. That's why I took Minho's hand in mine. Our fingers intertwined and our grips were tight.

"Till death do us part," I deadpanned.

"Till death do us part," Minho repeated.

👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫🌿👫

THE SCORCH TRIALS TRAILER, OH MY GOD.  I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

It looks sooooo good. Especially that shower scene. ;) ;)

Needs more Minho though, just saying.

~Remember to vote and comment!~

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

314K 7.3K 23
'Sometimes it is the silent observer who sees the most.' || Maze Runner || || Scorch Trials - The Death Cure || || Newt x oc || || COMPLETED ||
47.6K 1.5K 30
𝙂𝘼𝙈𝙀 𝙊𝙁 𝙎𝙐𝙍𝙑𝙄𝙑𝘼𝙇 ❜ ❫ ─── ❝ 𝙬𝙝𝙤'𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙨 ❞ ' 𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴 . . . 𝘯𝘰𝘸...
89.9K 2.9K 24
❝ Promise me this If I lose to myself You won't mourn a day And move on to someone else ❞ COMPLETED. ❨ Book 3/3 ❩ Everything is comi...
12.6K 239 12
When Minho gets taken by WICKED, Raven is desperate to save him. She makes plans with the few other Gladers that are left. But it's not that easy as...