Short Stories

By KristinaMilcheva

A series of hopeful/ hopeless short stories about our inner universe and the challenges we can't escape from. More

Story 1: To new beginnings
Story 2: Our burden
Story 3: The quotes
Story 4: What is better than hoping
Story 5: Despite of me
Story 6: Lonely Gods
Story 7: In your eyes
Story 8: A goodbye
Story 9: On the surface
Story 11: Allow me to see things unseen
Story 12: The story I will tell myself
Story 13: 360
Story 14: Not a person, an epoch
Story 15: Where do the unsaid words go?
Story 16: All over
Story 17: On the threshold
Story 18: The collector
Story 19: Dancer
Story 20: The losing side
Story 21: A being of light
Story 22: Any moment now
Story 23: What was your name?
Story 24: Banana peel
Story 25: Stay
Story 26: Stop

Story 10: The third question

5 0 0
By KristinaMilcheva

-I exist.

She repeated. Out loud. As if to refute her own doubts. She inhaled deeper, as per instructions, but found herself choking on the giant gulp of air. "Damn right I exist." This bodily function, this reflux, this materiality, this event...it confirmed her existence. Yes, her body was fabricated ...somehow and put on this earth...somehow. She well and truly lived inside this vessel. She felt the vessel now. She embodied it. Or...something did. The time came for the next step.

-Who am I? 

"Don't control the answers, don't make up an outcome" 

She let it unfold for her. This time, it was the opposite of materiality. She was stardust, she was pure energy, she was one. She was no-one. And she was everyone. She was right there. Everywhere and nowhere. She felt no attachments. Not even to the vessel. There was no third question. She had to awaken from the trance and do as it was dictated. She tied her heavy winter boots and went out shoveling the driveway.

-Why do you do this?

Her boyfriend was standing behind her readily offering his help.

-Huh? What do you mean?- was she still in her trance?

-I mean, why do you this if you don't like it?

"The third question. This should be it." She thought to herself and kept shoveling. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
180K 10K 28
Aria Zaman Durrani was too childish, too careless for her own good, a total Misfit to attain the title of 'Nawab Begum' and that was the reason Nawa...
143K 13.7K 33
Story of a surgeon Dr. Zulaid Afandi and a medical student Dr. Inara Ibrahim. Age gap Enemies to lovers Grumpy×sunshine Arranged marriage "What did...