๐™Š๐™ ๐™ˆ๐™ฎ ๐™ˆ๐™ฎ ๐™ˆ๐™ฎ | ๐˜ˆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฉ๏ฟฝ...

By daizi3

When you and your childhood friends all attend the same college, chaos (and maybe a bit more) is bound to ens... More

playlist
2: Heights
3: Stares
4: Hangout
5: Fair
6: Study Group
7: A Morning With You
8: Closed Doors
9: Truths
10: Her Feelings
11: His Words
12: Cafe Time
13: Changes
14: Arcade
15: Homecoming
16: Moonlight
17: Breakfast?
18: Kaveh
19: Nahida
20: Christmas Eve
Epilogue

1: Anew

10.6K 267 496
By daizi3

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PAST

"Kaveh! Y/N!" Your mom yells from downstairs. "Come down! We have guests coming over soon." A few seconds later, you and Kaveh run down, trying to see who would get to the bottom step first.

"Hah! I win!" Kaveh exclaims.

"No fair," you huff. "You always win."

"It's because I'm a big kid," he says.

"You're only older by two years," you start. "I'm five, which means I'll be a big kid soon, too, then I'll finally get to win."

Your mom chuckles at the two of you. "Did you clean your rooms?" she asks. You look at her with your bright (E/C) eyes and nod your head. Kaveh mirrors your actions. "Good," your mom says before sitting on the couch in the living room. Both you and Kaveh follow her.

"Mom, when is Dad coming back?" your brother asks.

"Soon, sweetie," she responds. "He's bringing the guests over, remember?" Kaveh nods. "I think you two will like them."

"Really?" you ask, a bit skeptical.

"Yes, sweetheart. They've been my friends for a long time, since high school, actually. I think they also have a son around your age." Both yours and Kaveh's faces lit up.

"New playmate!" you both exclaim.

"Don't scare him off," your mom jokes. Before you and Kaveh could respond, you both hear your dad's car pull up.

"They're here!" Kaveh yells as he jumps off the couch with you following. Your mom guides you two towards the front door. From the front steps of your door, you and Kaveh watch your mom hug her friends as your dad laughs. The four adults catch up in the driveway.

"Kaveh," you whisper. "I think Mommy made it up. I don't think they have a kid. I don't see anyone else." Kaveh giggles and pulls your arm.

"Let's go ask them." You hold on to Kaveh's hand as he drags you to the four adults. You notice a boy with gray hair and bright emerald eyes sandwiched between two adults, who you assume are his parents. Your dad smiles.

"Here they are! Our oldest here is Kaveh," he says, pausing to pat Kaveh's head.

"Hello," Kaveh greets the two politely.

"And Y/N is our youngest," your dad says, placing his hand on your shoulder. You wave and smile at the new faces.

"Nice to meet you two. This is our son, Alhaitham," your mom's friend says. The boy, Alhaitham, waves. The adults continue their conversation, talking about their lives. Kaveh excuses himself, going inside the house. You stayed in your place, staring at Alhaitham, intrigued by his features.

"Why are you looking at me?" he asks.

"Why is your hair gray? You don't look like an old man?" you deadpan.

"Y/N!" both of your parents exclaim, eliciting a chuckle from Alhaitham's mom.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PRESENT

"Y/N!" Kaveh yells from the bottom of the staircase. "Hurry up! We're gonna be late."

"Coming!" You respond from the top of the staircase. You pull your large suitcase behind you, hoping you didn't pack too much for college.

Kaveh had told you not to bring too much to Teyvat University due to the size of the dorm closets. So you only brought your essentials, packing them into your suitcase and backpack.

"Ready?" Kaveh asks once you reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah!" you exclaim. You two walk over to your parents in the living room.

"I can't believe today's really the day. You're both growing up and leaving the house," she says, on the verge of tears. You hug her tightly.

"Don't worry, we'll be back for winter break, Mom. I'll count down the days until then."

"Our house is finally going to be a bit quieter," your dad jokes. He pulls you in for a bear hug.

"Don't worry I'll be sure to be incredibly loud when I answer your calls, Dad," you quip.

After Kaveh hugs them, your mom pulls out her phone, snapping as many pictures as she can. You and Kaveh leave the house, putting your suitcase in the trunk of your parents' car.

"Are you sure this is everything?" your dad asks before he climbs into the driver seat.

"Yeah, Dad," you respond while Kaveh gives a thumbs up. You two enter the back of the car and get comfortable for the ride to the airport.

You lean back into the seat, looking out the window as you feel the car start moving. The all-too-familiar houses and trees bring a smile to your face. You've lived in this neighborhood for as long as you can remember. This is where you met many of your closest friends. No matter what happens in college, this neighborhood will always be home to you.

"How are you feeling?" Kaveh asks as he nudges your arm.

You give him a bright smile. "I'm a bit nervous, but mostly excited. I'm so happy we're all going to the same college!" you beam, referencing your friends. 

You, Nilou, and Collei are the youngest amongst you and your brother's group of friends. The three of you practically grew up together, and now that you all will be attending Teyvat University, your friend group will be reunited once again.

Kaveh chuckles. "Did you ever get to kick Cyno's butt at TCG?" he asks. "I know you two ranted about it in the group chat, but I never asked if you did."

You shake your head. "No, I didn't, but I want to! I've been practicing all summer with Tighnari. Maybe I'll do it on the plane ride. Speaking of the plane ride," you pause. "What's the seating arrangement like? I know Alhaitham insisted on buying everyone's tickets, but he never said anything else about it." Kaveh shrugs.

"I don't know anything else either, but knowing Alhaitham, he probably has everyone's boarding passes. Hopefully he got me a seat near the rest of you guys. Last time he insisted on buying tickets, I was on the opposite side of the plane," he huffs. Laughter from you and your dad fills the car. "And we're supposed to be roommates this semester!" Kaveh exclaims. "Last semester, he loved to steal my keys. I can only imagine the type of inconveniences he'll try to cause me this semester."

"Can't you or Althaitham pick a different roommate?" You ask. "Maybe Tighnari or Cyno would switch with you?"

"Trust me, I tried that last semester and it didn't work out. I would room with my other friends, but they seemed to either be fine with their roommate or didn't want to room with Alhaitham."

"At least you get to pick your roommate," you sigh. The administration at Teyvat University randomly assigns roommates for the first semester of your freshman year. After that, students can choose their roommate for the following semester. "I don't get to meet mine in person until we get there."

"In person?" Your dad asks. "Have you met them already?"

"Yeah. The school made a huge group for incoming students to talk to each other. Most of the people in the group only joined to meet their roommate. My roommate is really nice. Her name is Kamisato Ayaka, and she's from Inazuma."

"Ayaka? Doesn't she have an older brother?" Kaveh asks.

"Yeah, she's mentioned him a lot. I think his name was Ayato."

"Small world," Kaveh laughs. "Alhaitham used to bring Ayato over to our dorm last semester. He's mentioned Ayaka a couple of times. Ayato, though, he's a chill guy with a boba obsession."

"Hey, what's wrong with boba?"

"Nothing," your brother says, "but it feels illegal to drink as much as Ayato. That man just always seems to be drinking some, whether it's 8AM or midnight."

After what feels like a short ride, your dad arrives at the airport and slowly pulls into the nearest parking space. He turns around to face you and your brother.

"Y/N," he starts. "Enjoy yourself and remember to work hard, okay? College is going to be hard, but it's also meant to be a lot of fun."

"I will, Dad," you say with a smile, which he returns. Then, he turns to Kaveh.

"Kaveh, you're going to be a junior, and I feel like I shouldn't have to keep saying this but don't do anything stupid," he sighs. "And watch over Y/N."

"I can't make any promises I can't keep, Dad, but I'll definitely watch over Y/N!" Kaveh chirps in response.

You and Kaveh both say goodbye to your dad one last time, then help each other unload your suitcases from the trunk before entering the airport.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

A/N: This is my very first story on Wattpad. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 112 10
สธแต’แต˜ หขสฐแต’แต˜หกแตˆ'แต›แต‰ แตแตƒแตˆแต‰ หขแต’แตแต‰ แต–หกแตƒโฟหข สทโฑแต—สฐ แตแต‰ As one of the top students at Teyvat High School, F/N has a reputation they need to keep up. Unfortunately, thi...
190K 7.7K 45
GENSHIN COLLEGE AU Coupled with envy and willpower, smartass second rank of the class (y/n) begs top student & upperclassman Ayato Kamisato to become...
75.1K 1.9K 22
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต two troublemaker bestfriends fall in love with each other despite the rocky situations โž โžฅ Smut โžฅ Mild violence โ€ขโ…โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ…โœฆโ…โœงโ”€...
463K 18.8K 53
โžžIN WHICH [Y/N] receives a text from an unknown number about an assignment due - though she clearly has none due any time soon. ใ€alhaitham x fem!read...