Southside ~ Shameless

By P0ttaH518

After Fiona, before Lip, came Hollie. She's a little more put together than the rest but that doesn't stop th... More

Introduction
Season 1 Cast + Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Season 2 cast
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Season 3 cast
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 30

2.6K 86 12
By P0ttaH518

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Hollie questioned when she came downstairs.

"Hollie, darling!" Monica exclaimed and threw her arms around Hollie, catching her off guard. Hollie sent Fiona a confused look as she loosely hugged Monica back.

"I made breakfast," said Monica cheerily, pulling away and gesturing to the food on the counter.

"Um...right, thanks," said Hollie. She rounded the counter and stood beside Fiona, "why's she here?" She whispered.

"Grammy died. Could possibly be related," said Fiona. Hollie nodded, "right."

"Where's Lip?" Monica asked as she looked around the kitchen. Everyone but Lip and Ian were in the kitchen.

An awkward silence fell in the room as nobody knew if they should tell their mother that Fiona had kicked Lip out. Well, she hadn't kicked him out per se. She'd given him an ultimatum and he was too stubborn to choose the correct option.

"I'm gonna go take this to go," said Hollie breaking the silence as she grabbed a muffin from the counter and headed for the door to go to work, "bye!" She called back as she pulled her jacket on.

"See you later Hollie!" Monica called cheerily.

"See you mom," Hollie muttered as she left.

As she started to walk down the street towards the alibi she felt a tear roll down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away, staring at her hand, "what the fuck?" Why is she crying? Since when does she get so emotional about her mom?

|🚬|

Later that day Hollie was collecting dirty glasses at the alibi when the door burst open and Frank and Monica walked in.

"Presenting his and her lordship, Frank and Monica Gallagher," Frank announced. Many of the bar patrons cheered.

"Holy shit," said Kev. He glanced at Hollie but she didn't see as she was looking at the floor, seemingly deep in thought.

"About time," said Kate as she hugged Monica, "you still got an open tab running bitch,"

"How are you baby?"

"Better without your bad influence," said Kate.

"Oh please give me a break," said Monica.

Hollie rounded the bar again as Kev placed her mothers usual drink on the bar in front of her.

"Aw Kev you remembered," Monica cooed.

"Irish car bomb how could I forget?"

"I'll have one of those too, K Ball," said Frank.

"You can't handle an Irish car bomb,"

"Aw come on," said Frank, "Hollie?"

"Not happening dad," she muttered as she grabbed a glass and poured his usual drink of old style, "here you go,"

"What's up with you Hollie?" Monica questioned, grabbing Hollies hand before she walked away.

"I'm fine," Hollie shrugged.

"No you've been acting a little off all day chick," said Kate.

Hollie scoffed, "I wonder why," she not so subtly nodded to Monica as she pulled her hand away.

Monica stood up from the bar and walked over to the Jukebox, changing the song and asking Frank to dance with her.

"When they're good they're good," said Kate.

"I give it two weeks tops," said Kev.

Hollie sighed as she leaned against the wall behind the bar, squeezing her eyes shut. She couldn't understand why she felt so emotional lately.

|🚬|

Her head was spinning as she sat on the bathroom floor. The plastic stick in her hand felt like it weighed a tonne.

She was holding it upside down so she couldn't see what the result said. She had been sitting on the floor for god knows how long but she felt like she couldn't move.

The sound of Earth, Wind & Fire's 'September' was blaring from the living room leaving her to assume that Frank and Monica were back from the alibi.

She leaned her head back against the wall and squeezed her eyes shut, "okay, come on," she muttered to herself, trying to psych herself up to flip the pregnancy test over, "it's fine. it's fine," she quickly flipped the test over in her hand, "fuck!" She yelled when she opened her eyes.

Two very clear blue lines.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" She muttered sharply as the music from the living room stopped and she didn't want anyone to hear her.

Feeling the urge to vomit, she sprung up to her knees and puked in the toilet beside her.

The music started playing again as she wiped her mouth and dragged herself up from the floor, shoving the test in her back pocket.

What the fucking fuck?!

When she stepped out of the bathroom she found that Fiona was sitting at the kitchen counter staring into the living room where a bunch of people that Frank and Monica had invited over were drinking and dancing. Frank was spinning Debbie around who was squealing.

Hollie didn't say anything as she walked over to the sink and turned the faucet on so she could splash some water on her face.

"You alright?" She asked noticing the annoyed and angry expression on Fiona's face.

Fiona just hummed without taking her eyes away from the living room.

Hollie leaned back against the sink and sighed, "great your already angry. That's awesome," she muttered before groaning dramatically, "well here's something that's going to fill you with murderous rage." She said quickly before taking the positive pregnancy test out of her pocket and placing it on the counter in front of Fiona.

She shifted on her feet and held onto the counter as if it was the only thing holding her up. Fiona snapped her eyes away from the living room and to the plastic stick, Hollie had just stared in front of her.

Hollie found herself holding her breath as she waited for Fiona's reaction. "Fi?"

"This is a joke right?" Fiona questioned abruptly. Hollie shook her head slowly, "not a joke."

"Not a joke?" Fiona repeated as if she hadn't heard properly.

"Nope." said Hollie, popping the 'p'.

Fiona stared at her for a moment and Hollie contemplated making a run for it. Instead of saying anything Fiona smacked Hollie's forehead.

"Ow!"

"What a fucking idiot," Fiona snapped.

"I know!" said Hollie, "you don't have to hit me. Christ!"

"What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know," said Hollie honestly when Fiona started to say something she cut her off, "but either way it's my responsibility. I know that."

Fiona sighed deeply and ran her hands through her hair, "why is everyone in this family so determined to make me murder someone?" She questioned exasperatedly.

Hollie chuckled, "I'm sorry."

"You better be sorry," Fiona said in a warning matter before leaning over the counter and hugging Hollie, "I am so mad at you right now,"

"I know," Hollie mumbled into her shoulder, "please don't tell anyone."

"Okay," Fiona nodded.

|🚬|

The next morning Monica was sitting at the kitchen table feeding Liam his breakfast while Fiona vacuumed the flour off of the floor from the day before and Hollie cleaned up all the empty beer bottles from the party.

Fiona cut off the vacuum before grabbing something from the drawer and dropping it onto the tray of Liam's highchair.

"What's this?" asked Monica, picking up the pack of birth control.

"No more room in this world for another Gallagher," said Fiona and Hollie didn't miss the glare thrown her way that didn't feel genuine, "birth control. You either hop on the ortho bandwagon or leave. It's okay to take it with your shrink meds. I checked."

Monica nodded and took one of the pills. "That the same speech you gave Lip?"

"Same speech, different outcome."

"Thanks,"

"No biggie," said Fiona as she pecked away the vacuum, "if they haven't shut down our planned parenthood yet they'll make you an appointment to get your own RX."

"No." Said Monica, "thanks for everything, both of you," she said as Hollie walked back into the kitchen and dropped the bottles into the trash, "for taking care of my kids, my house, my husband,"

"We all did it," said Fiona.

"No you two did it, Fi," said Monica, "and I know what a huge sacrifice it must have been. And I can probably never make it up to you, but I want to try,"

"Thanks,"

"Thanks, mom," Hollie muttered, she checked the time on her phone, "I've got to go. I'll see you later,"

|🚬|

An hour later, Hollie walked up the front steps of Leona's house and knocked on the door. She nervously shoved her hands in her pockets and waited for someone to answer the door.

A few moments later Leona answered the door, "hey Gallagher,"

"Uh, hey Leona, is Nick here?"

"Yeah, he's upstairs, come in," said Leona before turning around and walking to the stairs, "Nicolas! Your girlfriends here!" She yelled up the stairs before walking into the kitchen leaving Hollie in the hallway by the front door.

A few seconds later, Nick came down the stairs looking sleepy. He was dressed but his hair was a mess like he'd only just woken up, "hey,"

"Hi,"

Nick lightly pecked her lips, "what's up?"

"Uh, we fucked up," said Hollie, "and I need you not to freak out because if you do I'll probably cry and that's not going to be pleasant for anyone okay?"

"Uh, okay?"

"Okay," Hollie nodded before pulling the envelope out of her pocket and handing it to him. He took it confused and opened it, pulling out the black and white image that was inside.

Hollie watched his every move carefully as he looked at the confirmation scan photo, waiting for his reaction.

"Is this-?" Nick questioned looking up at her. She nodded, "mhm,"

"You're—?"

"Yep,"

Nick nodded and stared down at the photograph in his hand, "um," he cleared his throat, "how do you want me to react, I mean, are-do you want me to be happy about it or—?"

"I don't know," she said quickly, "can you just—I need you to just react honestly. please? Then maybe I can decide if I like your reaction or not."

Nick nodded thoughtfully and Hollie's heart skipped a beat when he laughed, "holy shit," he muttered.

She hadn't realised just how terrified she had been until relief flooded her entire being. He was happy.

He engulfed her in a hug, holding her tightly against him. She nuzzled her face into his neck, clutching him tightly.

"You're not mad?"

Nick shook his head, "I don't think I could ever be mad at you,"

"Oh thank god," she sighed through slight tears, "I love you,"

"I love you too," he pulled away from the hug and cupped her face, pressing a passionate kiss to her lips.

"I think I like this reaction," Hollie mumbled as she kept pressing kisses to his lips.

|🚬|

Later that day the whole family were at the school for Carl's football game, cheering him on.

"So I talked to Nick today," Hollie announced to Fiona quietly.

"And?" Fiona urged.

"There's enough room for just one more Gallagher," she said. Fiona had a serious expression on her face, "I swear to god I am not—"

Hollie cut her off by hugging her, "shut the fuck up you know I wouldn't do that," she assured, "you're gonna be the coolest aunt in the world and that's it. I promise,"

Fiona chuckled, "if not I'm gonna hit you with the kill bat,"

"Deal," Hollie nodded as she pulled away, "now let's stop hugging before we miss the whole game," she joked.

They both turned back to the game and joined their family cheering for their brother.

"Lip! Come on and sit down!" Monica exclaimed when Lip walked up to them with Estephania.

Debbie hugged him and he kissed the top of her head.

"Come on sit with us!"

"What I'm off the boat for one minute and there's a mutiny?" Lip questioned.

"No one told you to get out of the boat," said Fiona.

"Actually you did,"

"Hey! Don't be mad at Fiona," said Monica, "come on,"

"Hey Monica, shut up," Lip snapped, "like most of my life this has nothing to do with you,"

"Come on Lip," Hollie pleaded, "don't be an ass. Sit down,"

Estephania leaned over Lip's shoulder and pointed to the bench, "I sit?"

"Yeah sit wherever's fine," said Lip.

"You babysitting now?" Fiona asked.

"Roommate,"

"You're living at Steve's?"

"Yeah, no curfews no ultimatums," said Lip angrily, "no befriending my enemy behind my back,"

"Enemy is a bit dramatic," Frank leaned forward and muttered into Hollie's ear. Hollie rolled her eyes, "not really,"

"She just showed up. What was I supposed to do?" Fiona questioned. Lip turned around and walked away without a word, "oh really? You're just gonna storm off like a baby? Too bad there's no door you can slam!" She yelled.

"You're son's a real prick," said Frank to Monica before they all turned back to the game.

"That's what I'm talking about!" He cheered when Carl wiped someone out.

|🚬|

Later that night Nick and Hollie walked into the Gallagher house to find that the others were partying in the living room.

"Oh my god, Nick you're here!" Monica greeted, "you guys are still dating?"

"Unfortunately," Frank grumbled. Hollie rolled her eyes.

Nick nodded as Monica dragged him into the living room, "yeah, how are you, Monica?"

"Fucking fantastic!" said Monica, "here have a drink," she thrust a beer into his hand, "join us,"

Nick glanced back at Hollie who nodded, chuckling as her mother dragged Nick away to dance.

"Why the hell weren't we invited?" Veronica questioned as she and Kevin walked through the front door.

"Whoo!" Frank cheered as Kevin carried a large bottle of vodka and some lemonade into the kitchen, "Vodka lemonade blender!"

Monica walked over to the stereo and paused the music, "everybody, shut up," she said as she helped Debbie stand on the coffee table, "Debbie would like to take this opportunity to say a few words about Grammy Gallagher,"

"I guess what I'm going to say is that Grammy will be missed. And if she's watching right now I want her to know that we love her," said Debbie.

"To Grammy!" Ian toasted followed by a chorus of 'to Grammy!'

Monica turned the music back on and Hollie stepped into the kitchen to get herself a glass of lemonade. She smiled to herself at the sight of Nick dancing with Debbie.

Nobody noticed as Frank slid down the wall and sat on the floor with tears brimming his eyes.

Hollie walked over to him and sat down on the floor beside him as he started to cry, wrapping her arm around him so he could cry into her shoulder.

"Hey, dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Your gonna be a grandpa," she told him, in hopes to cheer him up. He pulled away from the hug, holding her at arm's length, "really?" He smiled tearily.

Hollie nodded, "really,"

"Holy Christ that's great news!" He hugged her again, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Thank dad,"

A/N

I have a love-hate relationship with the pregnancy trope. However, I love it when it's done right. Which is what I'm going to try to do.

I hate it when it's all weird and cringe and the whole world all of a sudden revolves around it so I am not going to do that.

I honestly love Nick and Hollie and I've been itching to do this for ages ngl.

Personally, for me, I hate when the pregnancy trope is the reason for the relationship. Like they get together because she's pregnant but I like it when the characters are already together and have been for a little while. You know? What do you think?

I also just finished writing this chapter when i saw someone comment on the last one saying they want to see Hollie pregnant which has me relieved also what a fucking coincidence right? Like id had it planned for AGES then I saw that and I was like 'uhh the fuck?' lol.

🖤H🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 526 6
Ace Gallagher, the second eldest and first son. As an 18-year old, high school dropout, he does everything he can to support his family. It's no wond...
75.7K 2.3K 35
Liliana Gallagher the second oldest in her family younger than Fiona, but older than Lip. All Gallaghers pushing through as a family with their alcoh...
77.1K 2K 60
Gwen Gallagher is the second oldest of seven children to Frank and Monica Gallagher. She had helped Fiona raise their siblings since their mother bai...
144K 3.7K 85
I can't control the overflow Emotions rolling like a stone My fantasies play hide and seek I got a crush it's crushing me It's crushing me I got a cr...