Saving Me| A Seaycee Story

By seaycee_incorporated

In a world where two individuals are lost, they can find each other and call it home. Read the tale of Sean L... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

23

220 11 1
By seaycee_incorporated

Sean and Kaycee walked into the embellished ballroom hand-in-hand. Neither were eager to take their next steps into the bustling atmosphere of what was the annual family company banquet. Kaycee could remember attending every year since she was the age of 12. Her parents always thought it would be best if their children adapted to the environment early on so the fear of representing the company would never graze their hearts.

After taking a deep breath, Kaycee pulled Sean along gently as she made confident, yet graceful strides toward the two tables that contained her relatives. One contained her siblings with their partners and/or plus ones while the other contained her parents and other crucial employees at the company.

Before they could reach them fully, Kaycee turned to Sean with a reassuring smile. "Remember, don't sweat any of this. You won't have any responsibilities here. Oh, and please tell me if and when you feel uncomfortable because I will not hesitate to pull you out of here...especially when you look as good as you do..but that's beside the point!" She rambled.

Sean smiled in return, looking down at her fondly. His hands slowly worked their way up to her exposed shoulders and then her neck. "Thank you, beautiful. I will let you know, promise." He nodded before pecking her lips sweetly. The woman tried not to melt into his touch so easily due to their environment, but she shared her adoration through her hazel orbs.

"Good, let's go!" She exclaimed quietly, once again turning back in the direction of her family.

"Sean! Nice to see you again, man!" Devon chirped, opening his arms to Sean for a bro hug. The latter accepted it with hesitance, still slightly nervous, but was relieved her family was being friendly.

"Kaycee! You look terrible as always." He teased, hugging his little sister tightly. Kaycee rolled her eyes playfully but continued to accept her brother's affection. "You guys made it!" Kylie squealed, rising from her seat beside her boyfriend.

Kylie hugged the couple simultaneously, complimenting them on their attires. "Dad's orders." Kaycee huffed in response, looping an arm through Sean's.

"Well don't just stand here, show him around! Socialize." Kylie said excitedly. Kaycee sighed softly but put on a good face. "Right. Come on, Sean."

They steered away from her family and walked calmly through the fancy ballroom. "I'm definitely gonna need a drink. How about you?" Kaycee asked, making her boyfriend chuckle.

"I'm sure it won't be that bad. But hey, knock yourself out. I'm driving." Sean reassured with a smile, putting his hand on the small of her back. Her skin felt like it was on fire when he made contact with her flesh. The loving look in his eyes didn't help her case either.

Kaycee wore a long-sleeve, ribbed dress that reached just above her knees. There was a small cutout in the back of her dress, right where Sean's hand was placed. The maroon color contrasted perfectly with her skin while the dress ultimately made her legs look longer along with her black strapped pumps.

Sean wore a classic black suit but found a maroon tie to match his partner. Unknowingly, it pleased Kaycee tremendously to match him. She loved how they would appear like they were one and were making it known to everyone.

"May I have a glass of champagne and some water, sweetheart? Thank you so much." Sean ordered with a charming smile to the lady behind the bar counter. The woman already looked frantic and overworked so Kaycee made sure to tip her after they got their order.

"So what's the plan? Where do we go first?" Sean asked, following his girlfriend as she sat down on a stool.

"Well first, we're going back over to greet my parents. You might have a few people bombard you with questions because there will be chairmen over there, but don't worry, they literally can't do anything to you. Then, we're gonna go say hi to my friend Clara that works at the front desk. She's been begging me to introduce you guys ever since the flowers. After that, I'm sure the food will be served so then we can chill and eat as everyone makes their speeches." She explained whilst making occasional glances around the room.

"Wow, you really have this all figured out." Sean smiled. He loved that his girlfriend was unknowingly sharp-witted, especially in the area of her workplace. It made him adore the woman he could call his even more.

"I have to. Otherwise, I'd drown in wine and snobby 20-something-year-old men who have every interest in my cleavage and legs." Kaycee sighed, the thought already exhausting her. Sean grimaced at the thought of men throwing themselves at Kaycee, not that he could say he was much different but he could imagine that it scared her.

"Before, Clara and Kylie would save me from them and vice versa. But that's all over because now I have you here with me!" She beamed, excitedly shaking him, causing Sean to laugh.

"Here you go. Enjoy your evenings." The bartender said as she placed the glass of champagne and water on the counter. Kaycee smiled in thanks, sliding her two crisp ten-dollar bills. The woman's face lit up instantly, sending Kaycee a thankful smile as she got up from the stool.

"Alright, to my parents we go." She sighed after sipping her champagne. Sean happily stood beside her, allowing her to hook her arm with his. They worked their way to the group of middle-aged men in the company of Kaycee's mom.

She held back her urge to grimace as one of the men looked at her mom hungrily, unnoticeable to her father. "Pardon the interruption, I just wanted to grant my greetings before you guys get occupied with everything," Kaycee exclaimed with an apologetic smile. Her parents ignored their guests, instantly directing their attention to their daughter and the man that stood about two feet behind her.

"Chef Lew! I'm so glad you came. I hope Kaycee doesn't lug you around everywhere all night." Laura joked with the younger man, giving him a gentle hug. Sean smiled in return, glancing at his girlfriend before averting his gaze to her mother's eyes.

"Ah, it's alright. Whatever meets her interests is my desire as well." He responded with a shrug.

"Chef?! Where is it that you work?" An older man asked Sean. It'd been the same man that Kaycee and he saw looking Laura up and down like she was a glass of water in a desert. He replied kindly, yet silently hoped Kaycee would be done with her conversation with her dad soon enough. Sean was never one to have social anxiety, but being in this new atmosphere of businessmen made him a little frazzled.

"I've been there a few times, actually. The food is quite mediocre in my opinion, but-"

"It happens to be some of the best food I've ever had, sir. I'm sure my husband also agrees." Laura defended, putting a hand on Sean's arm. "Matter of fact, Sean's skills are some of the best I've ever seen. He's precise and makes the service impeccable-"

"Still quite overpriced." He shrugged, smacking his lips as he gave her a bored look.

Sean wanted to say, 'I'll be sure to let my staff know that some elderly man on the verge of cardiac arrest didn't like our restaurant. We will happily serve you again.' But he knew he couldn't embarrass the Rice family like that, especially not Laura who just defended him.

"I'm truly sorry about that. Maybe next time you can pick a restaurant that's meant for.. less acquired incomes, hm?" Sean suggested with a small smile. The older man's face was struck with offense, taken aback by Sean's statement while Laura attempted to hold in her laughter.

"You'll have to excuse us, Chairman." Kaycee's mother said kindly, still breathing through her potential fit of laughter. She hooked her arm with Sean's and brought him along to where Kaycee and her husband were laughing with each other.

"Good to see you, Sean. I hope that chairman didn't pester you too much." He smiled, holding out his hand for Sean to shake. He returned the handshake, glancing at Laura who was now laughing silently into Kaycee's shoulder.

"It wasn't too bad. I've dealt with worse." Sean shrugged in return.

"Good. Kaycee was just telling me your anniversary is coming up?" Mr. Rice asked with an amused smile. Sean felt his stomach flutter just at the thought. "Yes, we're nearing six months since we started dating." He said with a fond smile.

"What plans do you two have? Traveling? Date night?" The older man questioned with mild excitement swirling in his orbs.

"Honey, let's not awaken any worries they may have. Our influence has rushed them enough." Laura insisted, placing a hand on her husband's shoulder as she noticed her daughter tense up at his question. Sean felt warmth take over his hand, noticing that Kaycee laced his fingers with hers.

"Please. But just know that it will be great and we'll be sure to tell you all about it after it happens." Kaycee reassured them kindly.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go introduce Sean to a few people." She beamed, miserability laced in her tone. Her boyfriend chuckled, pulling her closer as they walked away.

"You look adorable when you're pouting." He noted, causing her to scoff. "I am not pouting!" She replied. Sean gave her a doubtful look, at which she just forced a smile. He shook his head in amusement and placed a lingering kiss on her cheek.

"Maybe I can fake like I'm sick and get us out of here." He offered, halting them in their steps. Kaycee looked at him in awe and smiled. "You're the best, but I can't let you do that. It'll look bad, you know?" She sighed.

Her hand reached up to his hair, softly letting her fingers fix it up. "Kaycee Rice!" A voice squealed loudly from behind her. Sean looked to see a short blond woman with a dark brown silk dress and small heels attempting to run toward them. The woman beamed as she skipped with open arms to the brunette, hugging her tightly once she reached the couple.

"You look so cute! Love the dress." Kaycee complimented sweetly, twirling her friend.

"Oh, this old thing!" She said exasperatedly. Her gaze drifted over dramatically but they lit up when her green orbs settled on Sean's face. "You're the flower guy! Sean, right?!" Clara squealed once again.

"Yes. Sean, this is Clara, my loyal office buddy. She works at the front desk and greets everyone with the best smile. Clara, meet my boyfriend, Sean." Kaycee introduced the two, both parties wearing soft smiles. Sean shook her hand gently.

"Nice to meet you, Clara." He said kindly, a knowing glint in his eye. He remembered walking into the office anxious as ever to get the flowers to Kaycee. He recalled trying not to give the front desk employees too much info so that Kaycee wouldn't get questioned or penalized, but he cracked under pressure and Clara remembered every second of how frantic he was. She thought it was adorable, especially being that he was sending them to Kaycee of all people.

"Sean, could you get me another drink? You can surprise me. You're good at that." His girlfriend asked with a pleading look. Sean instantly went to grant her request after giving her hand a small squeeze. As he walked away, she turned to Clara.

"Okay, you have to tell me everything! The way he looks at you is so damn cute." She gushed, finding a nearby empty table to sit at. Kaycee took a deep breath as she sat down. "He's literally the best. He makes me feel so...alive." She smiled, looking down at her hand that was previously squeezed by her boyfriend.

"And I'm guessing your parents adore him too since he's here." Clara insisted, but she instantly noticed Kaycee fidget uncomfortably. "I'm sure they love him but I don't know, being forced to be here...the last thing I want to do is force Sean into atmospheres he's not comfortable with, you know?" She expressed, her heart sinking in concern.

Moments passed as they talked and giggled, beginning to get lost in their banter. Speeches were starting, followed by announcements of projects the company was currently working on and rewards for the veterans of the company.

Applause filled the room as Kaycee's dad wrapped up his speech. Kaycee grinned from ear to ear as she watched her dad take long strides back to his wife. As she looked back at them, she noticed a familiar figure briskly walking out in the distance. Squinting a bit, she could see that it was indeed her boyfriend.

"Excuse me. I'll be right back." She pardoned herself from the table, hurriedly walking out the same entrance her boyfriend had but not too fast for anyone to raise concerns.

Sean stepped out into the dewy air, fresh with mist from the previous rain. He bowed his head slightly yet began walking to his car, fiddling with his keys.

"Sean?...Sean!" He heard his favorite melody of a voice call from behind him. As he turned, he raised his head to look at her completely. "Where are you going?" She asked in a concerned tone.

He bit his lip softly, averting his gaze for a moment. "I just needed some air. I wanted to sit in the car for a bit." He responded sheepishly. The man stood awkwardly, working up the courage to explain himself. The thoughts roaming in his head were all put to a pause as his girlfriend broke the silence.

"I'll join you." Kaycee smiled softly, opening her umbrella before migrating over to her boyfriend with caution. They both settled in the car, Kaycee settling in the passenger seat. Instantly, she slipped off her heels, a sigh of relief releasing from her lips.

Once Sean turned the heater onto a low setting, he relaxed in his seat. "I'm sorry I didn't come back. It just got too intense for me." He apologized, glancing at his girlfriend, who already had her eyes on his face.

"You know it's not a problem," Kayce reassured him, putting a hand on his knee.

A huff left his lips before he replied. "Kayc, yes it is. It's important that I adapt here, but I can't. I don't fit!" He sighed, disappointed in himself. "I'm not used to trying to impress strangers, talking about the fanciest of champagnes, and my current standpoint on finances. Baby, none of this is me!"

Kaycee chuckled, finding the fact that he cared so much excessively adorable. "It doesn't have to be. You don't have to impress anybody, Sean." She said softly, taking his hand.

"When you're you, that's what's impressive. As long as you stay true to the person you are, the man I fall more in love with every day, that's all I can ever ask for. Just be you. I love you in every form, even if you have yet to evolve into it." Kaycee said, looking into his eyes. The man beside her sank in his seat, melting at her words.

Sean felt giddy inside; like a little kid high on a sugar rush. He felt his stomach fluttering like crazy and his heart was pounding faster. What was Kaycee Rice doing to him? By just looking her in the eyes, it felt like he could faint. They were filled with adoration and Sean couldn't even begin to understand why. Neither party could ever put together why they were loved so intensely by the other.

"There you go again: Making everything okay in a matter of no time. Damn it, Kaycee." He rolled his eyes sarcastically, causing his girlfriend to giggle. It was music to his ears. He took this time to look at her. Never would he comprehend how he got so lucky with her.

"Hey, you do it too. Whenever I'm in doubt, driving myself crazy with my paranoid thoughts, all you do is touch me and everything just melts away. I'm safe when I'm in your arms, so I guess you're saving me in that sense too. You're saving me from myself." Kaycee defended her claim and despite the amused smile that spread on her lips, Sean could sense the sadness in her eyes.

"Come here." Her boyfriend demanded kindly, sitting up in his seat. Kaycee obliged, climbing over the middle console and settling in his lap, resting her back against his car door. She looked everywhere but at him, but Sean grabbed her chin gently to make her lock eyes with him.

"Talk to me." He stated softly. A sigh freed itself from her lips. "There's not much to it. I just get paranoid sometimes. I'm always in my head about every little thing, not just our relationship. If anything, that's where I feel most secure and definite, but there are times when I look at certain aspects of my life, like work for example, and feel like I'm not doing enough- like I'm not enough in general." She shrugged.

"Then you'll touch me. It doesn't matter if it's holding my hand or a peck on the cheek or ruffling my hair...You'll pull me back into reality and I'll remember where I am in life. I'll remember that I'm with you and if that's the case then something has gotta be going right. Just like that, you save me from self-destruction." Kaycee smiled softly at him. It wasn't sad but it was honest.

"You didn't fidget," Sean said fondly. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at him. "You usually fidget when you're not telling me everything. It's more of when you lie, but you didn't. You're getting better at communicating with me." He smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist. She smiled back sheepishly, averting her gaze once more.

"You make it easy." Kaycee shrugged but he shook his head humbly. She leaned her head on his shoulder, looking up at him fondly. The silence that consumed them was comfortable. They could even feel their relationship intensifying as moments passed.

It no longer rained and now the stars were starting to illuminate the sky for the first time that night. "Can we go home, moon?" Kaycee asked just above a whisper.

Sean laughed, looking down at her. Her eyes were fixed on his lips and occasionally flicked up to his eyes. "Your parents won't mind that we're leaving early?" He asked with a concerned look in his eyes. Kaycee shook her head before kissing him on the lips. He kissed softly, instantly grabbing her waist while her hand shot to his neck.

Her lips moved slowly and steadily, ultimately making the kiss more intimate. Her hands remained caressing his neck and chest. His lips made her feel lightheaded as she was being guided closer to his body. Once she felt his hand rest high on her thigh, she grabbed his hand.

"As much as I love the way you please me, we should save that for home. Shouldn't we?" She teased, but Sean grinned knowingly. He assisted her with getting back in her seat before she buckled her seatbelt.

"Hm, so much for a little bit of air." Sean chuckled while buckling his own seatbelt and then starting the car.

"Shut up." Kaycee said jokingly, her boyfriend's laughter filling the car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 173 17
Kaycee moves to L.A to forget her past and start a new life. When she meets the perfect guy. should she tell him of her past or continue with her ne...
57.3K 1.8K 11
only exhaustion and it's heavy hand could restrain sean lew into the depths of sleep, and now sean was thinking kaycee rice could too. and as time p...
20.1K 794 13
STRONGLY ADVISE NOT TO READ THIS. ITS SHIT. |COMPLETED| Kaycee Rice is 16 and has a boyfriend named Sean Lew. They love each other so much. When kay...
19.6K 680 23
It's been years of them being apart will they get back together?