Arranged Marriage

By Fiction-Phan

It's a year after the Second World War and the Ministry of Magic have come up with a law to restore the Magic... More

Shocking News
Mystery is revealed
The Horrible Truth
A Proposal and Ring
A Surprise for Hermione
The final Proposals
Think before you talk
Dinner Plans
A Bad Situation

Wedding Arguments

824 5 0
By Fiction-Phan

Harry’s POV

At this moment he was at Grimmauld Place, his home, with Pansy Parkinson. They were, to his dismay, discussing wedding plans and currently, they were agreeing on nothing. He had always wanted a simple wedding with only the closest people to him attending. Apparently, his dream wedding wasn’t about to get realised.

“Harry, I want the wedding to take place in May, two months from now to be exact!”, yelled Pansy. They had been arguing about the date for more than an hour. Pansy wanted the wedding to take place in May while Harry wanted the wedding to take place in April, a month from now.

“Why do you hate May so much?!”, yelled Pansy. Harry didn’t hate May but he didn’t think it was the right time for a wedding. The climate starts to get hot in May and people wouldn’t enjoy themselves that much.

Not that he cared about weither some of the invited people enjoyed themselves or not. He had talked to Pansy about his wish to invite only the people close to them and she had had the nerve to laugh in his face. “We can’t invite only the people close to us! We wouldn’t be known like that. There wouldn’t be any gossip about our wedding. Besides, don’t you think it would be a waste for the ‘Boy Who Lived’ to have that small a wedding?”, she had said.

He had to admit that he had gotten a little angry at that comment. “Doesn’t the ‘Boy Who Lived’ get some peace?”, he thought. “There’s no way I’m going to invite journalists from the Daily Prophet to cover my wedding. I still don’t trust them after that Voldemort fiasco during fifth year. If I have to invite journalists to cover the wedding, I’ll invite Luna and her dad and they can publish everything on the Quibbler. I was inviting them anyway.”

He finally got tired of arguing so agreed to have the wedding in May on the condition that they only invited the people close to them and that the Quibbler got to cover the wedding.

He saw Pansy about to refuse but she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and said, “Fine, we do the wedding in May and I’ll agree to those conditions.”

“Pleasure doing business with you”, joked Harry ignoring the glare Pansy sent him.

                                        ***************************************

Draco’s POV

“I swear we never argued this much, not even at Hogwarts!”, he thought. Draco and Hermione were currently at a small coffe shop in Diagon Alley discussing wedding plans. “She’s so bossy! I’m starting to think that she’s the only one getting married with the way she’s behaving as if I’m not here!”

“Granger… I mean Hermione… I’m right here you know? If you’re going to keep acting as if I’m not here tell me so I’ll just leave”, he said to her.

“Is there something bothering you?”, she asked. He tried looking at her as if she were dumb and apparently it worked because she glared at him. “Yes, there is something wrong actually”, he started. “How about the fact that we’ve been here for an hour and you’re just choosing stuff for the wedding without once asking my opinion. I’m getting married too you know!”, he yelled.

He saw Hermione blush and felt smug that he had made her see reason. “Sorry Draco, I just want the wedding to be nice even if we don’t want it. Might make this Law easier.”

He understood her, really, he did. But he still didn’t think it fair. The Law would be easier for her not for him since he didn’t choose a thing. The one time she asked for his opinion she called his idea stupid and they had argued like mad afterwards. “Would you mind if we did this together? Because the way you’re doing it, you’re the only one that will enjoy the wedding”, he said.

“Yes, you’re right. Well, let me tell you what I’ve decided till now and you can tell me if you agree or not”, she answered him. “For a date I’m not yet sure… I was thinking sometime in June or May. As catering I was thining we could ask Mrs.Weasley. We’ll pay her of course and she’ll cook the food for the wedding. No one cooks better than her I swear. I’m not sure about the location. I’m having trouble choosing one. Any ideas?”

Draco hadn’t said anything for now. Even though he hated to admit it Granger had done a pretty good job. He was going to have a hard time asking a Weasley to cater to his wedding but he had heard from quite some people that Molly Weasley was an amazing cook. The date was acceptable too. He frowned when he had heard her mention the location. “I thought I had made it clear that I got to choose the location. The wedding is going to take place at Malfoy Manor, no arguments. The gardens are very big and there is a huge Hall too for parties in case the weather is bad”, he finished.

He was already expecting Hermione to argue about the chosen location and was pleasantly surprised when he saw her smiling. “Malfoy Manor is a great wedding location. I’ve never been there of course but I’ve heard people say it is beautiful. What about the other things I mentioned? Are they to your liking?”, she asked.

Draco momentarily thought about telling her he hated the plans but he wasn’t in the mood for another argument, especially for nothing. So he just said the truth. “I think the plans you have just talked to me about are acceptable. So, we have the location and catering taken care of you just need to ask Mrs. Weasley if it’s okay with her. What about the date? Should we organise it for May or June? And what about other things like flowers and all that stuff?” He personally couldn’t care less about flowers, but he knew the girls liked this sort of stuff.

“If you don’t have any preferences about the date we could just make it a little sooner. In May, two months from now to be exact. Gives us enough time to plan. As for flowers and other things you don’t have to worry about anything, I’ll handle them. You just need to order the dress robes you’ll be wearing and tell me what colour they are so I can order matching flowers and bridesmaids dresses. It will also be better if you could write a list with the names of the guests you want to invite. We can then order the invitations and souvenirs together. Does all this sound acceptable to you?”, finished Hermione.

Draco had been listening very intently. His mother was going to be there and she liked to give great importance to the decorations of a wedding. “May is fine as a date and don’t worry, I will order the dress robes as soon as possible and let you know the colour. Maybe you’d like to meet again so that I can give you the guest list? Let me warn you, the Malfoy family is a very influental family even after the war. There are going to be quite a lot of guests, some of which I may not know myself. The marriage of the only Malfoy heir is something very important. We have a lot of Ministry connections so expect a lot of Ministry workers at the wedding. I also have to invite all the people that work for the company me, Pansy and Blaise own. You can invite anyone you want but I get to do the same”, he ended.

He looked at Hermione to see her with her mouth open. “You cannot possibly believe that I’m going to let you invite all these people! I understand that you have to invite all people working for your company. You’re their boss after all. But you cannot invite all those Ministry workers, some of which you don’t even know! We are only going to invite the people closest to us and the workers of your company. No one else!”, she concluded.

He couldn’t believe his ears! “People closest to us?! Mother would kill me if I said that!”, he thought. He was going to put a stop to this nonsense now! “Absolutely not! Apart from the fact that my mother would kill me if I said that, there’s also the fact that what I want is what I told you! A huge wedding! I want Ministry workers to be invited, all of the workers at my company and I even want the wedding to be covered by an important newspaper like the Daily Prophet. And since that is what I want, that is what’s going to happen and I don’t care what you think!”, he argued.

He could see that Hermione was angry. She was getting red in the face. “You’re not the only one getting married Malfoy! I’m getting married too and I refuse to follow these wishes you have just mentioned… it’s just too much for my liking! And there is no bloody way in hell I’m letting any newspaper cover my wedding! I don’t care who you are!”, she yelled.

“That’s it! I agreed to every suggestion you made weither it was for the date or something else. I even agreed to let you ask a Weasley to be our caterer. A WEASLEY! I even let you invite whoever you want to. All the Weasley family and even your muggle family and you won’t even let me invite whoever I want after I agreed to all that?!”, he yelled back.

“I’m not stopping you from inviting your friends and family!”, she argued.

“What difference does it make?”, he argued, “The only friends and family I have are my mother, Pansy, Blaise and Severus Snape.” He could feel moisture in his eyes. He hadn’t thought about his deceased friends and family for months. He had to leave before he started to cry. “I’m inviting my Ministry connections, the company workers and some journalists from the Daily Prophet. This discussion is over”, he said with a cold voice. With that he stood up, left some galleons on the table and left the coffeeshop.

                                   *****************************************

Hermione’s POV

Right now she was feeling extremely guilty. She had saw the wetness in his eyes when he talked about his friends and family. She had brought back long forgotten memories. “Me and my big mouth!”, she thought. “Now he won’t talk to me for days and I’ll start getting tired again. Just when things were running so smoothly, I go ahead and make him angry!”

With these thoughts in mind she got up and left the coffee shop trying to think of ways for Draco to forgive her.

                                  *******************************************

Author's Note : I'm uploading at record speed lately! There isn't much to say except that I hope you like it and to please VOMMENT!!!!! xxxx Stay tuned for more!

Continue Reading