Black Sheep

By goldenscares666

Y/N gets more than she bargained for when getting to know the mystery creature that's been living in her shop... More

Pins and Needles
Panic Attack
Prom Dresses
I Hate Bubblegum
Familiar Faces
Bad Dreams
Devilish Deal
Prom Night
Bed Rest
One Hell of a Castle
Stubborn Silence
The Worst Luck
Hellish Creature
Mephistopheles
Unfinished Business
Caring Companion
New Beginnings
Peter
Silent Familiar
Ramsey
Power Restraints
Cain
The Fallen Angel
Dinner Plans
Marquas and Eric
Accidents Happen
Servant for a Day
Seduction of the Inferno
Nick/Nicholas
Sibling Rivalry
Lambs of the King
A Loving Demon
Underworld Beasts
Coffee Date
Common Misconception
Threads of the Heart
Wonderful Affection
The Fortune Teller
Medicine Man
Dakota/Koda
Luther
The King's Quiet Tongue
Unexpected Visitor
Passer of Judgement
Mephistopheles II
Unstable Recovery
Attention, Attention
Painful Thoughts
Reverse of Curses
Snake Coils are Surprisingly Warm
Head Stuffed With Wool
Cain II
Fateful Decisions
When the White Fleece Greys
Lord Lucifer
A Story's Other Half
Human's Choice
You Have Such Dazzling Eyes, Darling
Slow Moving Feet Quicken
Long Forgotten Roots of a Dying Tree
The Things We're Afraid to Hear
Gluttonous Song
Beelzebub

Don't Poke the Scorpion

603 27 36
By goldenscares666

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
___________________________________
Author's POV:
___________________________________

"YOU THINK SHE WANTS TO COWER BEFORE ME?! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HER BEING UNDERMINED BY CREATURES WHO KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT THEY SPEAK! I have never in my life met a woman more worthy of standing beside me. Know now that the only thing stopping me from tearing you apart is her being here, but keep trying me, and I'll request her to step outside and cover her ears."

Every being in that room moved further away from the two, preparing for perhaps one of the bloodiest brawls in all of Hell's history to unfold before them. Y/N too felt she should add some distance. Her voice was lost, though she wished to call out to him, convince him to let it go before things get too out of hand, but in the end, her fear paralyzed her, and she hated herself for it. As her nails dug into her palms, she hoped that Phil would gather his own senses and find a way to handle this situation quickly. "There is nothing I am more protective of than my sheep. Do not make me fight you, Beelzebub, you know I will even if it would cost me my life." Suddenly, Beelz began to laugh. It was a deep, hardy sound that echoed across the room. It was as if he was told the best joke known to man.

"There you are, that's the Mephistopheles I know! Really, you take things much too seriously. You've got the whole room quaking now, mood killer." Phil's eyes narrowed warningly, showing he wasn't messing around. A short, almost bitter laugh left the pinned demon this time, his eyes narrowing with interest. "Tell me, how does it feel knowing you're threatening someone stronger than yourself? You might be able to adapt quickly, but you're no fool. Is this human really worth the trouble?"

"Indeed she is. From the moment I first laid eyes on her, I knew I found someone special. I do not think myself a fool for defending her. Besides," Mephistopheles smirked. "I'm already aware you have no interest in fighting me. I know you just like pushing my buttons." Then a look of deadly seriousness appeared on his face. "However, I must advise you not to press this, or I truly will lose it." A long, drawn-out sigh leaves Beelzebub's lips before a small smile appears.

"Alright, your highness. You win. Consider my apology as a wedding present. As for this ceremony of yours, I request an unlimited pass on the booze during the after party for me and my friends as payment."

"Only for the band and just for one night. While we're at it, no swallowing them whole with this big mouth of yours. We don't want to run all of hell dry." Beelz chuckles as Phil taps his pointed shoe atop the teeth of his torso. He then gets off the man and offers a hand to help the taller demon to his feet. Dusting off his coat, the larger man laughs.

"It's a deal." Phil nods and turns towards Y/N with apologetic eyes as she stared at him, stunned, before carefully approaching and setting a hand near her back to escort her out. He wasn't sure if it would be alright to touch her now.

"Let's go now." She nods, looking back at Beelzebub, who watched with a highly intense gaze. Raising her chin up, she wished to say something but decided it was best to leave it alone. Perhaps she'd have another chance to win his approval in the future. She understood by now how most demons viewed her. All she could do is wait to get stronger and prove herself when she can. She refused to be viewed as Phil's weakness. She wants to be his strength.

Taking Phil's arm, she winds it around her shoulders and walks close to him, causing the demon to relax in relief. The room was silent up until they left when the doors were shut, their party resumed. The music played, and Beelz took his seat, as did everyone else. Chatter spread about the human girl, everyone curious as to how she did it, how she had become so precious to the king. After all, it was widely known that he despised those creatures. Everyone had their own opinions on the matter, some intrigued, some indifferent, some disgusted or resentful. As for Beelzebub, he hoped that Mephistopheles knew what he was doing. Could that mouse of a human really last as a Queen of Hell? Only time would tell.

"Y/N, I am so sorry you had to witness that. Are you alright? I saw that you had that look in your eye." Phil fussed as soon as they were alone in the halls, his brows pinched with worry.

"It was only a small vision. It went away quickly, I promise. What about you? Are you alright? You seemed very heated in there." Y/N attempted to counter her fear with her concern for him, bringing up her trembling hands to his face as he bowed his head to meet her partway. Her tremors broke his heart but bringing attention to them would only make her think of the hallucinations more.

"I knew he'd say something to rial me but I wasn't expecting that. He has a habit of teasing me. I don't like when they undermine you."

"They can only judge me by what they see. In the end, they don't know me. Trust me, I don't like to hear it either. I know it will take a lot of work to earn the respect of some people. Maybe, after some time, it will be more accepted? Are you sure you want to keep him on?"

"The deal has already been made. Breaking it will have another cost. It will be alright. He won't do it again. At least, I believe he won't. He talks a big game, and while he's fully capable of having the upper hand, Beelzebub looks at me as family. It's hard to earn his respect, but I have it to some degree. Besides, regardless of his brutish mannerisms, he'll put on a good show, and I want you to have a memorable celebration." Leaning down further, he kisses the top of her head before pulling her hands away from his face, squeezing them in comfort.

"If you're still alright with it, then I am too."

"I still feel horrible for yelling in front of you. I know you don't like when I raise my voice."

"You just speak so coldly. Even when it's not directed at me, I can still feel the power behind your words."

"I will never speak that way to you. I had done it once, and it still haunts me." He recalls when he had found her in his brother's room, when he had nearly struck her in his frustration. He knew it happened because, for a moment, his mind interpreted her as a lamb due to the chain around her neck at the time, but that wasn't an excuse to frighten her like that. Y/N saw his guilt and laid her head upon his chest before wrapping her arms around him to show her forgiveness.

"I know you wouldn't," pulling back, she smiles at him, tugging on his coat. "Come on. I still need to take your suit measurements."

"Right." He chuckles. "Are you sure you won't overwork yourself by making both our clothes?"

"You worry too much." She giggles, joking somewhat. She never really minded how protective he was, even though at times it scared her. She understood where it came from. He had to save her from many bad situations. Hopefully, one day, he won't have to worry himself as much. It is another reason to get stronger, for herself and for him. Phil's feet followed where she lead as they journeyed down the hall to return to their room, but not long after parting from the doors of the glutton's dining hall, she attempts to cheer up the mood. "Speaking of clothes, what was with that coat of his? It looked ancient. I'm surprised it's still holding together." Mephistopheles laughs softly, finding her comment highly amusing.

"Ask him that question yourself, and you'll find yourself in a loop of never-ending stories of the high seas and his glory days posing as a pirate in the living world. He could talk your ear off about that."

"A pirate? Really?" She repeats in surprise, squeezing lightly at his arm. His smile grows as he nods.

"Perhaps he'll think better of you if you bring it up at the reception," he suggests, earning a nervous laugh from his sheep.

"I think if I so much as stood in his shadow again, I'd faint. He's scary."

"After everyone you've met, he's the scary one?" Phil quirks a brow at her, and Y/N responds with a light nudge of the elbow.

"That man is a giant."

"Are you calling me short?" He playfully pouts, getting the woman to laugh.

"If you're short, I'm microscopic." A large claw was set upon her head while Phil flashed her a fanged smile as he laughed.

"You're funny, Y/N." During a comfortable silence, the two of them made it to the door of Y/N's room, slipping inside and entering her workspace. Phil stood patiently off to the side as she opened the drawer in her desk to pull out a tape measure before opening to a blank page in a nearby notebook.

"I was thinking something bold, like my dress. You did say we should go all out, after all," she mentions.

"Anything you create I will proudly wear," he assures as she comes over to measure the length of his torso. He always stood with a great posture, so she didn't have to tell him to straighten his back.

"How do you feel about the color?"

"In terms of bold?" The man hums in thought. "Red."

"Do you like red?"

"My favorite is green, but red suits me nicely."

"Couldn't tell with how much black you wear," she teases, gaining a smirk out of him.

"I do tend to lean towards the darker colors."

"A deep shade of red then, though not quite burgundy. Might be too dark." Phil shifted his arms away from his sides as her tape measure slid around his slim waist and couldn't help noticing how her scent had shifted to something sweeter. With her attention now solely on his form, she found herself momentarily lost in her thoughts before quickly coming out of them to ask the proper questions. "I would guess you like stripes too?"

"I do." She nods, going silent as she wrapped the tape around his chest next. "You're staring," he teased, making her jolt.

"Am not! I'm just measuring." The man hums, causing her face to blush as she shook her head and marked the measurements taken before moving onto the width of his shoulders and the size of his arms.

"You can stare all you'd like. I don't mind it."

"Quiet before I forget the numbers." Her avoidance only fueled his delight as she got down on one knee to measure the length of his leg. For a moment he sensed anxiety within her as her smile somewhat fell. She seemed to brush off whatever thought had crossed her mind as she wrote the numbers down.

"Something wrong?" She jumped yet again, as if embarrassed by what was going through her head, only making him more curious as she met his gaze with hesitant eyes. Swiftly, it was brushed off yet again, a false smile plastered across her face.

"Oh, no, nothing important." He wanted to press more, as it seemed to bother her at least a little, judging by the shaking of her hands as they wrapped the measuring tape around his leg. He supposed it could have been another vision, and yet, he was not certain that was the cause of the reaction. However, she seemed like she didn't want to mention it now. Later maybe.

"You know, I thought I would have to be the one down on one knee," he chimes, hoping to direct her thoughts to a happier place. Y/N cracked a smile as she finished up everything she needed, picking up her notebook and filling out the last of the measurements.

"It's not like I presented you with a ring."

"You presented me with much more than a ring, Y/N. Love isn't about material things. You proposed to me with your heart. That's all I need." She felt her chest flutter as her smile grew bigger.

"You're so sweet." Smiling back at her, the demon bowed to give the woman a gentle kiss.

"If you'd like a ring however, I can arrange it."

"You don't use rings in the ceremony?" Phil shakes his head.

"The ceremony is to bind our souls to one another. It is a bond more secure than a ring, but if it's something you desire, I will find one for you." Lifting her left hand in his, Mephistopheles brought the knuckles to his lips for a tender kiss. "The prettiest I can find. I did say I'd incorporate human traditions if you wish."

"Truthfully, ring or no ring, I don't mind either way. so long as you are standing with me at that alter, I will be happy."

—————————————————
___________________________________
Author's Note:
___________________________________

Fresh photos for the lot of you! Let's start off with our resident soft-boy, Eric. His freckles are so cute.

Next up,we have ourselves a sleepy Cain dreaming about shapes and colors, 🤫 but don't wake him. He gets a little grumpy if you do.

And, finally, the main man himself 🥰 Look at them pretty eyes.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, everyone! The ceremony will be here before you know it, but what's this? A surprise guest may be appearing in the next chapter. I wonder who it could be? 🤔

Guess you'll just have to wait and see 😁

Have a good day, everybody!

~ Golden ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

634K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...
113K 3K 67
It was nothing but a dreadful demon that lead me to this godforsaken studio. A demon that only casted fear upon us all. Ink drips down these walls al...
3.5K 153 15
•••••••• " take me instead! " A young woman saved her mother from a deal, she only made it because she was at low point. She changed the kings mind...
37.5K 697 8
Y/N L/N is a human boy who just lost his job and is looking for work until one day he saw 3 red creatures with horns running down an alleyway when he...