Zaynah ✓

By hayat_writes

I cupped her cheeks, "Smile." When she realized that I was dead serious, she tried her best to form a smile... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
l
li
lii
liii
Epilogue

xxxv

803 34 15
By hayat_writes

~ D e s m o n d ~

"I'll be back soon."

I hugged her tighter, inhaling her scent which I would miss for so many days.

I would never have imagined that leaving her would be so difficult. Now that the moment has arrived, I have no other option but to fight for my kingdom and return victoriously.

Even though it was not a battle, I still felt uneasy. Because unlike before, I had something to lose now.

"My Highness, the vehicle is ready."

I broke our hug but didn't leave her. Keeping my hands on either side of her face, I gazed into her somber eyes. Tears filled up my eyes when I placed a kiss on her forehead.

She smiled at me with sad eyes, "I'll wait for you."

I smiled back, "I know you would."

I gave her one last kiss on the hand, "Bye, Snowflake. Take good care of yourself."

She nodded, "I will."

Parting away from her, I took a few steps and mounted the chariot.

Closing the door, I glanced at her through the window. She waved her hand bidding me farewell and I followed her suit.

As the cart began moving, I found her presence drifting farther away from me making my heart sink.

I guess I finally realized what Icarus meant.

What he meant when he said that she was dangerous for him and his reign.

I agreed that she indeed was dangerous to me because she had become a weakness of mine.

My greatest weakness.

But, how can my weakness become also my biggest strength? It was true that she made me feel strong and more powerful. Having a brave queen like her was one of my biggest achievements.

I shook my head. Icarus considered her a threat to him because of his growing liking for her.

I came to the realization that keeping her by my side will become more threatening in the future yet I wouldn't let her go as Icarus did.

Because, unlike Icarus, I simply didn't care.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.5K 4K 39
"Now be good little girl, and sit on my face!"he rasped as he grabbed my hips. "What if you can't breathe!" I said questioning him. "I can breathe ,d...
239K 5.5K 41
"Don't you get it? You know when you try to run away, punishment like this happens." he said teasingly, squeezing my chest. I gasped for air, I reall...
209K 4.7K 42
"You will tell me everything I want to know beautiful," He whispered and bit the soft flesh near my neck. "Go fuck yourself," I said in a breathy vo...
367K 11.9K 34
I felt as if someone had dropped a boulder on my fragile heart. He peppered kisses on her neck and she giggled in response. Right in front of my eyes...