Nothing Like Us (L.H.)

By penguinlukex

"You know how, when things start to fall into place, there comes this big bowling ball to disarrange them aga... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17..
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter *
A/N
SEQUEL

Chapter 30.

185 9 5
By penguinlukex

Melissa's POV.

I woke up to the sweet sensation of someone kissing the space in between my eyebrows. I'm a bit ticklish there. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see the face I'd love to wake up to every day.

"Goodmorning, Mel." Michael grinned.

"Get off me." I laughed as I push him off. Michael stood up beside the bed. He's wearing another band shirt. Something I saw Calum wore before...

"What are you doing here?" I said, stretching my arms up high, causing me to yawn.

"Um," He started checking things out at the vanity table near my bed again. "Can't I be here without you asking why?"

I scrunched my nose at him. "You can. But I'm pretty sure you have a reason to be here this early."

Michael shook his head, shaking up a bottle of body spray before spraying it into the air. "That's my favorite scent on you." He sniffed.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Help me up, babe." I pouted, lifting my arms up. Michael walked towards me and pulled me up from the bed. He placed my hands around his neck, as he placed his at my waste, our foreheads touching.

"You're so beautiful even without all the makeup and shit." He grinned, making me blush again. He gave me a soft, sweet kiss on the lips. "Anyway," He said, parting away. "The reason I'm here is because I'll have work later, probably. And Luke's being annoying again."

I laughed. Michael and I headed out to the kitchen for breakfast.

"What's with Luke?" I asked, pouring cereal into a big bowl. Michael and I liked to share food. I don't know how it started, but there doesn't seem to be a way to end it.

He shrugged, pouring a little too much amount of milk into the bowl. "Nothing. He's just being a dick. How's Sydny?"

"Good, I guess. Why? Did they have a fight or something?" I handed Michael the bowl and pulled him to the living room, so we could eat in the couch... And cuddle.

"Sydny was at our place three, four days ago. It seemed to me that Luke wasn't paying attention to her for the past few days, so she went to see him. I don't know what happened. We just saw her run out of the house after a while. She didn't even say goodbye. And then there was this red-headed gi-" Michael stopped himself abruptly, but continued. "I mean, he was making a huge deal out of my red hair two weeks ago. Luke didn't eat dinner that night. And he wasn't doing well the next day. He just disappeared. Don't know where. But when he came back the day after, he seemed okay. And now he's being a jerk again."

I bit my lip. Something must be going on with Luke and Sydny. I don't know what, but it will definitely affect Sydny if it turned out to be bad.

"I hope they figure themselves out. I'll check on Sydny later." I sighed. I dropped myself to the couch, getting the bowl of cereal from Michael. He sat beside me at once.

"For the mean time," I said. "Let's stay here and be together."

"I like that." Michael grinned, kissing me on my temple.

.

.

Sydny's POV

"What? I thought you're free for today." I said through the phone.

"Something came up." Luke said. "I'm so sorry. There's plenty of time to hang out."

I sighed and bit my lip. "Alright. Fine."

"I'm sorry, Sydny. I'll make it up to you. I promise."

"I'm not sure how many times you've said that for the past week." I said, looking out my balcony. 20 minutes away. That's how far he is... "It's alright, Luke. Just go do your thing. Just call me when you need me."

Luke stayed quiet on the other line. Reflecting on what I said? I doubt it. I waited for him to talk, but he's been quiet for far too long.

"Alright, bye." And I hung up.

I went back inside my flat. Melissa was here. Andy went home because his mom needed some help in painting their house.

"So," I said, throwing myself on the couch, beside Melissa. "Where was I?"

"Luke crying on your shoulder..." She said casually, popping some chips in her mouth. When Melissa came here just after lunch, she seemed to be overly excited to know what happened between Luke and I.

"Oh." I frowned. "Well, I think that's about it. After we had that drama moment, he decided to spend the night here. We're okay, now... I guess."

Melissa scoffed. "Well, I guess not. You looked disappointed when you came in. What happened?"

I rolled my eyes. It's Melissa. She has to know everything, of course. "Luke said yesterday that he was free today. And now he sai--"

"He can't come to whatever you're planning to do?" She guessed.

I nodded. "Not that I was planning on doing anything in particular. Just hang out, you know."

"I see," Melissa nodded. "You know, Mikey told me Luke's not himself lately. I thought it was just about you at first. But now you told me you're on good terms, I think it's something else."

I crossed my arms around my chest. "I don't want to pry on whatever it is anymore. Not after what happened."

Melissa rolled her eyes, giving me that look that she's gonna' give on point advice again. "Sydny, you can't stay in the safe zone always. I know that you love Luke, but you should know what's going on with his life. You have the right to know! You're his girlfriend. I mean, it comes with the package. And you should be pretty suspicious if he doesn't tell you anything. I know you're also afraid to lose him, but if you two are the right one for each other, then fate will make sure you'll end up together."

I stared at her. Again, Melissa has a point. She always does. "You're right. But I'm still not going to pry on his personal space right now. Let him have it."

"Whatever." Melissa shrugged and stood up. "I'm going to the mall. You wanna' come?"

"Is Michael busy too?" I joked.

"No. He told me this morning that he might have work this afternoon. But he's just playing his games again... He said the people from the studio will call him if they need him." Melissa said. "As for me, I have to get something in the mall, and I feel like I have the responsibility to fill in that empty space in your day that Luke left."

Michael's not busy? Then what the fuck is Luke busy with?

"Are you sure Michael's not busy?" I asked Melissa.

She nodded. "Why? Maybe he and Ashton are getting the day off, and Luke and Cal would be working. They always pair up, right?"

"Right..." I muttered.

Well, there's nothing else to do, is there? My flat is still pretty clean. All my school shit is done. And Luke's preoccupied, as he said...

"I'll come with you." I decided.

.

.

Melissa and I ended up shopping together. She was supposed to pick up her laundry, but she figured we can do that before heading home. And it's just to early to go home.

"For the months that we've been best friends, the three of us have never really shopped altogether." Melissa said, looking at herself in the mirror wearing one of the dresses she got from the racks.

"That looks gorgeous on you." I said, sitting at one of the chairs. I was done fitting mine. It's my turn to sit around and judge the clothes on Melissa. "And yeah, I've noticed it too."

"I'll get this one." Melissa muttered, returning to the fitting room.

"Why are you trying on dresses, anyway?" I raised my voice a little so she can hear me.

"Um, I don't know..." Melissa laughed. "Just kidding. Michael asked me out on a dinner date."

"He did?" I frowned. Melissa got out of the fitting room, wearing her normal clothes. "Why?"

She shrugged. "Don't know. It's weird, isn't it?"

I laughed. "Well, maybe he's trying to go a bit classy this time."

Melissa scoffed. We headed for the cashier. "I like my rockstar just fine."

I smiled. Melissa and Michael are so damn cute. They're just so perfect for each other. I can't even describe how they are with one another. Just wow.

"What are you thinking?" Melissa eyed me suspiciously. "You look like you're dreaming."

"Nothing," I smiled, and dumped all the items we picked in the counter.

After paying for our new stuffs, Melissa finally decided to get her laundry. It was still on the ground floor and we're on the third. I so doubt we'll go there directly. I'm pretty sure one of us would stop at one shop or another on the way down. It's just how it is!

"Nail Polish!!" Melissa exclaimed, when we got down to the second floor. "We should try doing our own nails, oh God. It'd be so fun!!"

"I knew it." I laughed.

We rushed up to the small boutique, picking about 8 colors. It took about 15 minutes before we both got contented and payed for it.

When we were out of the boutique, Melissa stopped me in my tracks.

"What is it?" I asked, a bit startled by her sudden movement.

"Isn't that Madison?" She said, pointing to a red-headed girl several yards away from us. "You know her, right?"

I nodded. It is Madison. "I thought she's travelling."

"I saw her yesterday, I think? Or was it the other day? I forgot." Melissa said.

"Really? Where?"

Melissa bit her lip, trying to remember. "I'm not sure. I just remember I was on my way to the 5SOS house. I saw her on the way but I wasn't sure if it's her so I didn't greet her."

"Damn, Melissa." I stiffled a laugh. "Come. Let's go talk to her."

Melissa and I walked over to Madison. She was talking to someone on the phone when we reached her. When she saw us, her eyes widened.

"Um, I have to go." She said to the phone. "There's a friend here I have to talk to." She signaled us to wait, before whispering something over the phone and finally hung up.

"Hey, Sydny." Madison beamed. "What are you doing here?"

"Just roaming around." I smiled. "This is Melissa, by the way, Michael's girlfriend. You probably know each other already."

They shook each other's hands, quite awkwardly.

"I see you're back in L.A." I said.

Madison smiled. She looks uncomfortable for some reason. "Yeah. I had to go home. My brother, you know.. He, uh, he wanted me to come to his graduation."

"Oh. Congratulations to him." I said. "How are you?"

Madison's eyes goes all around the place while we were talking. "I'm good. Uh, just looking for someone.. I'll tell my brother what you said. Thank you, by the way."

"No problem. Wha--"

"Hey, Sydny," Melissa nudged me so I looked at her.

"What?" I said, looking back at Madison whose eyes are wide.

"Wrong way, hun." Melissa said, twisting me around so I was facing the other side. "I thought you said he was busy..."

Luke was there, looking at us, his expression unreadable. He walked towards us.

"I thought so, too." I said slowly. Something feels wrong here.

"Sydny, what are you doing here?" Luke asked when he reached us.

I looked him head to toe. "I might ask you the same question. I thought you were busy for the day."

"I am!" He said, his eyes travelling around Madison, Melissa, and I.

"Then what are you doing here?" Melissa asked. I glared at her, and she muttered a quick "Sorry."

"I, uh, had to buy some food for us." Luke said, running his hands through his hair. "Tim is out..."

"Why can't the others buy the food since you're so busy?" I crossed my arms across my chest.

Madison cleared her throat, causing all of us to look at her. "I'm gonna go." She seemed to be looking at Luke. He was also looking at her, probably wondering why she's here. I can't imagine how weird this is for her.

They stared at each other for a long time before Madison finally left.

"We're leaving too." I announced, grabbing Melissa's wrist and pulled her with me.

"Sydny!!" Luke called out, but I was so done with him for the day to turn around. But Melissa did. I don't know what she did when she turned around. I'll know it later, anyway.

We went down the escalator, and finally gotten Melissa's laundry. After that, we went back to her flat.

I don't recall talking during our drive home. Melissa kept on talking and talking about stuffs, but I was too confused to listen.

There's so much going on in this relationship. Well, actually, there's nothing going on anymore. Luke is always busy. Or at least he says he is. He always has to be somewhere. And sometimes, it's just so hard to wait for him to talk to me. I thought after what happened that night when he cried, everything's gonna' go back to normal. But no.

Honestly, I understand about the band. I understand how he has to be busy. I understand all the girls waiting for new songs. All the girls whose lives are saved by them. And I totally respect that. But I can't help to think... What if it's not the band that's keeping him busy? What if he's done with me? What if he's so close to ending what's between us?

"Yow, Sydny. Wake up." Melissa was snapping her fingers in my eyes. "We're here!"

"Oh." I said dumbly, quickly opening up the door and went outside.

"What's with you?" Melissa asked when she got out of the car.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

Melissa rolled her eyes and groaned. We went inside her building and quickly went to her flat. It seemed messier than usual.

"I can tell there has been a trace of boyfriend for the past 24 hours." I observed, picking up a stray bra on the floor. "Honestly, what do you and Michael do alone?"

"None of your business." Melissa hissed, grabbing the bra quickly from my hands, and disappeared into her room.

I sat on the couch, laughing my head off. "You naughty ass girl."

Melissa came out of her bedroom with the paper bag from the nail boutique. "Shut up, Sydny." She groaned. "Now, it's time to glam some nails."

The bottles were now scattered on the coffee table in the living room. All colors we chose were dark except for white. Blue. Black. Dark red. Violet. Blue Green. etc. I connected my phone to Melissa's speakers, and played some Taylor Swift, just so we could shout the lyrics out together.

"I'll do your nails first." I offered. "And by the way, I have never done manis before, beware."

Melissa laughed, giving me her hands. "That's what nail polish remover are for."

I started doing Melissa's nails which were shaped beautifully already. There's a little bit of filing to be done. I decided to just do little black and some other color stripes, so it will be easy and a bit neat. This nail art won't take too long. When I was applying the last violet stripe on Melissa's last finger, my notification ringtone interrupted I Know Places.

"Go get to that." Melissa said, blowing on her nails. And then, she muttered, "These actually looks nice."

I smiled and checked my phone.
It was a text from Calum.

Calum: "Hey sydny. Is luke with you? He wasnt answering our calls.

Hope all's good. xx"

"What the fuck?" I said, a little louder than I intended.

"What is it?" Melissa asked, startled.

"Luke. He's not with the boys." I said.

Me: No. I'll try to contact him. Thanks.

Melissa scoffed. "Maybe he's in your flat?"

"Oh, I doubt. He'd call me by now."

I started calling Luke but he won't pickup.

"He's probably just got something from somewhere. He'll be home soon." Melissa said.

Me: How long has he been gone?

Calum: I'm not really sure fck

"Don't stress too much, Sydny." Melissa said. "Luke's a big guy. He can handle himself."

"Yeah. So he may also be doing something really inappropriate right now." I rolled my eyes.

Calum: He's here, syd. Just arrived.

Me: From where? Tell him go fuck himself.

Calum: went straight to his room, that bitch. I'll try to talk to him.

Me: Dammit. Okay cal. Thank you.

"Okay, Luke is a fucking jerk." I threw my hands up in frustration. "Calum said he already came home and he went up to his room immediately."

"Really?" Melissa frowned. "Girl, he has a problem. Don't you think you should be there with him?"

I shook my head. "I'm not sure I can help him now. If anything, I wanna' strangle him."

"Sydny!!" Melissa groaned.

"Honestly, Melissa, if he won't tell me anything, how the fuck will I help him?" I sighed. "Can I crash here tonight? I'm too stressed to go home."

Melissa burried her face in her hands. "God, you better work this out with Luke, because it's not doing you any good."

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes, and repeated, "Can I crash here tonight?!"

"Yeah, go on." She waved her hand lazily. "Use the bed, whatever."

I got up at once and walked to Melissa's bedroom.

I'm just tired and stressed. I want to stop worrying about all this for just a second. I don't know what the hell am I supposed to do. How can I return things to normal if Luke isn't cooperating? This isn't a one-way game.

I thought of how it used to be. Luke would be with me as much as he could. We could both be cuddling, watching a movie, or just talking to each other about nonsemse things. We could be doing anything right now, and we wouldn't care as long as we're together... instead, here I am at Melissa's flat. I'm probably stealing her time for Michael. At least they still talk normally with each other. Luke stopped telling me relevant stuffs about what's up with him. He stopped making efforts to do so. And as much as I want to stay strong about this, I know I'm close to my breaking point. And God knows only Luke can fix me. But I've done too much to keep this going. Maybe it's his turn to make this hell of a relationship work out.

I closed my eyes before I start to cry, and drifted off to sleep.

.
.

Melissa's POV

After texting Michael, and making sure that my nails are all done and dry, I went to check Sydny. She was sound asleep on the left side of my bed. Even from here, I could see how stress had changed her face. There were dark circles around her eyes. She looked paler than usual.

It has been going on for awhile now. And it's really bothering me. I have to do something about this. Luke has to know what she's doing to her.

My phone buzzed. It was Michael calling.

"Hey, Mel. I'm already downstairs." Michael's voice rang through the small speakers of my phone. "You sure you don't want me to come up?"

"Nope." I said. "I'm going down. Wait for me." I hung up.

I didn't leave a note for Sydny. I won't take long, anyway. Silently, I closed the doors to my apartment and went down.

Michael was there, taking a selfie with a fan. I stood a great distance from them. I love how Michael was with his fans. He's at ease with them. But there's something about the way he talks to them that sounds like he's amazed. I'm pretty sure he always is. Michael keeps on telling me how much he loved their fans. He still couldn't believe that people actually liked them, and listened to their music. He's always in awe about those stuffs, and I find it very attractive.

I waited until the two girls finally left before I decided to walk over to him.

"So eager to see me that you can't wait til morning, huh?" Michael grinned as he saw me walking to him. It made me want tto punch him and kiss him at the same time.

"Actually," I crossed my arms over my chest. "There's something I need to talk to you about?"

"What?" Michael frowned.

"Let's sit down at some coffee shop somewhere."

.

We went to the nearest coffee shop, which is, apparently, Starbucks. There weren't many people there.

When we got our orders, I told Michael about my concern for Sydny, and how he could help.

"You said Luke's a jerk lately, yeah?" I asked.

Michael nodded. "More than he usually is, yes."

"Sydny's getting affected by how he's acting." I said again, to make Michael understand.

"So?"

"Oh for fuck's sake," I cursed under my breath. "She's my best friend! I need to help her. And I need you to help me!! Babe, please."

"Well, if you plead that way..." Michael smirked. "What can I do for you?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Just tell Luke. Tell him what's happening to Sydny. Tell him she's worried and shit."

Michael frowned. "I thought you're going to make her break up with him, like how they usually do.."

I groaned. "No. Sydny needs Luke. They're in love!! I'm not so sure about Luke anymore, though. But Sydny loves Luke."

"Oh, he loves her alright." Michael rolled his eyes. "There's just this..."

"What?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Nothing." Michael said, taking a sip from his cup.

"What is it?" I slammed my hand on the table. Not that hard, though.

"Jeez, Melissa." Michael whistled. "It's nothing. Just work. We're busy, you know how it is."

"But you have time for me." I said, sinking back into my chair. "Why can't Luke have time for Sydny?"

Michael thought for a second. "Maybe it depends on priorities... Luke had matters he has to deal with, babe. He's busy. Sydny should understand."

I burried my face in my hands. Michael's not telling me something... Something about Luke.

"I'm done." I sighed. "God, this is so stressing."

I got up from my chair.

"I'll walk you home." Michael offered, standing up.

"No." I said. "I'm sorry, Michael. I just... I need time to think."

"Alright, then." Michael sighed. "Text me when you get home."

"I will." I brushed my lips lightly against his. "Thank you."

I rushed out of the store, and walked my way home.

.

.

Sydny's POV

When I woke up, Melissa was already done cooking breakfast and making coffee, and it was just 7:30 in the morning. I smiled at her in amazement. Melissa, out of the two of us, would be better in handling stuffs. She'll be a great wife and mother one day.

Since it's a Sunday, there wasn't really anything to do. So we just talked about our projects until we finally got hungry enough to have lunch. We have to come up with spring themed hues for hair and makeup. Believe me, presenting the project involves a lot of color pecils and water colors. Not that I'm complaining. The sight of different colors on your desk is wonderful.

Anyway, Melissa was too lazy to cook lunch, so we just had chinese food delivered to her flat.

"So, has Luke finally talked to you?" Melissa asked, fiddling with her chopsticks.

I shook my head. I don't really want to talk about it right now.

"Have you talked to him?!"

"No." I said softly. "Honestly, he needs to make more effort in this, don't you think?"

Melissa sighed. "I don't know about you two. I just know that if I saw him, I'm going to punch him."

I laughed lightly. Melissa agressively stabbed her box with the chopsticks. It's a good thing she's already done with it.

"Tell me how you feel about this, Sydny. Let it out."

"I don't know." I sighed. "There's something wrong between us. And I just want to make things right. But I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to do it alone."

Melissa just nodded, but she didn't say anything. Maybe there isn't anything left to say.

I stood up to throw my box away. I took Melissa's as well. "I'm done." I muttered.

"You know, I saw Michael last night when you were asleep." Melissa raised her voice as I went to the kitchen. "We were sort of talking about you and Luke. And I just want you to know that this thing going on between you two is not just affecting you, but also us."

I came back to the living room. Melissa was on her iPad.

"How so?" I asked. I started experimenting colors with pastels on my sketchpad.

"It's just that, you two are the sweet couple. You're inseparable. You need each other so much. You do PDA--"

"No, we don't!!" I protested.

"Okay, fine." Melissa rolled her eyes. "But you get my point."

I nodded. "What difference does it make? He still ignores me."

Melissa rolled her eyes. "You need help."

"I know." I laughed.

"Oh, hey, look." Melissa said, scrolling through her iPad. "Luke is trending."

"Really? Why?" I was halfway in completing another plate of colors, which looks dull in my eyes. But I still wanna finish it.

"Shit." Melissa shifted quickly, startling me so much that my hand slipped, causing the pastel to slip.

"Fuck!" I cursed. "What is it? You startled me."

Melissa was scrolling down her iPad a little too fast. She looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"What? Why do you look like that?" I stiffled a laugh. My phone starts vibrating in my pocket. It's Luke...

"Don't answer it." Melissa said.

"I wasn't planning to." I ended the call and put my phone on airplane mode. "So what's up?"

"You don't wanna hear it." Melissa looked at me, her eyebrows scrunched together.

"Spill it." I said, standing up.

"It's just.." Melissa got back to her iPad. "Have you ever dyed your hair red? Like ever?"

I shook my head. "No. Why?"

"Syd..." She hesitantly turned the iPad to me, making me see what's in it.

I sucked in a breath, like I'd just been punched in the stomach. I might as well have.

On the screen was a single photo, repeatedly tweeted by thousands of twitter folks. It was unmistakably Luke, with his blonde hair and facial  features... His eyes were closed. And he was kissing a red-headed girl, wearing a blue dress. It was obviously a papparazzi photo taken with a low quality camera. But I know that the guy in the photo was Luke. And the girl could only be one person... Melissa and I saw her on the day she was wearing that dress. We saw her looking around nervously. And Luke suddenly came... A horrible realization dawned over me.

"Madison." I whispered. A teardrop escaped my eye.

"Sydny," Melissa set the iPad down at the coffee table.

I stood up quickly, and ran out the door. I heard Melissa call out to me but I was busy with all the thoughts running in my head.

I ran to my flat.

So that's why. That's why he's distancing himself from me. That's why he wouldn't even text me. That's why all this is happening. Madison.

Tears run down continously down my cheeks. I walked with my head down, not caring who I bumped into.

How could I have been so stupid? I should have known! I was too assured that he wouldn't hurt me. I was sure that he wasn't like the other guys. But I was wrong. I always am. And yet, I still hope it isn't true. I'm stupid. Stupid enough to fucking love.

I reached my floor after what felt like a thousand miles. A sad Taylor Swift song was playing on the damn speakers.

"Oh for fuck's sake." I muttered, raising my head up for the first time since I got out of Melissa's building.

And I saw him.

Luke.

Standing there just outside my door, his forehead resting at it. He only looked up when I was close enough for him to hear my footsteps.

"Sydny?" Luke said softly.

"What are you doing here, you fucking lying bastard!!!" I walked towards him, giving him a solid slap across the cheek. My eyes who have stopped crying awhile ago, started weeping even worse.

I shoved him out of the way, and opened the door to my flat, and went in.

"Sydny, let me explain." Luke followed me inside, closing the door behind him. I don't know why but I didn't stop him.

"What is there to explain?" I shouted. My feelings are just too mixed up. I can't contain them. Anger. Jealousy. Betrayal. Grief. "I saw what you did. It was all over twitter. I can't believe you, Luke. How fucking dare you?"

"Just hear me out, please." Luke groaned.

"Is this why you've been ignoring me? Is this why you can't even reply to my fucking texts? How long have you been lying to me?! Since London? Or God, Madison said she'd been travelling. So maybe even before that? Maybe you've been bringing her everywhere."

I looked at Luke, waiting for him to deny it... But he didn't. Luke was just looking at his feet.

Another wave of anger ran through me. My tears were like dams.

"Ohmygod," I muttered to myself. " What you did just proved everything you are that I was trying so hard to believe you weren't. I thought you were different. I thought you were telling the truth when you said you wouldn't hurt me. I thought you love me. Or was it all a lie? Was I right all this time that you only want me because you know you can?"

"No." Luke said, almost in a pleading voice. "Sydny, I love you. You don't understand--"

"You don't understand." I pointed at him. "You don't understand what it's like to feel useless. To feel like you're not needed. To feel unimportant. Forgotten. You don't understand, but I do. I'm so fucking stupid. And you're just there ignoring me, making me feel like shit. Now I know why."

"Syd--"

"I love you, Luke." I said softly. "Maybe I love you too much that I was blinded. I trusted you. I thought that finally something good had happened in my life when I met you. You were always there for me. You made me feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I'm not so sure now. Maybe you just brought me up just so you could throw me down harder, break me more."

"No. No. I didn't want to hurt you, babe."

"But you did!" I sobbed. "You did. You cheated on me with my friend. Madison was my friend, Luke. How could you?"

I pounded my arm against him repeatedly. Not that it would hurt him. I just did. And Luke wrapped his arms around me, calming me. I hate it. I fucking hate it. I cried against his chest, inhaling the familiar scent of him.

"How could you?" I sobbed against his shirt.

"Babe," Luke was crying now too. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But it was her! She's the one who pulled me in. Please... I love you. Forgive me."

I pulled myself apart from him. "Luke," It hurts just to say his name. "It's over. We're over. Just go..."

"What?" Luke took my hands. "I need you. Don't do this please. Please, Sydny! Give me another chance. I know I don't deserve it. But i don't know what to do without you. Sydny, please... I love you."

"Then let me go." I whispered, loud enough for him to hear. "I love you, too. God I love you so much. I don't want to do this but--"

"Then don't!" Luke pleaded.

I looked him in the eye. "What, so you could hurt me again? I'm so tired. I'm fucking tired."

"No, no, no. Sydny, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't want to lose you. Please just give me a second chance. Sydny, please." Luke pleaded. His eyes are shining with tears.

"No." I looked down. "I need time to be alone. We could still be friends.." I tried to smile at him, but seeing Luke like that is just too painful.

"Friends." He let out a sarcastic laugh. "You gotta' be kidding."

"Babe..." I groaned, mentally slapping myself for calling him that.

Luke took a deep breath. "I guess that's better than nothing.. Pretending to be friends."

"Stop making sarcastic comments." I glared at him.

Luke smiled sadly. Then he looked at me. "I'll stop asking for your forgiveness and annoying you. I'll stop asking for second chances, because I know you won't give them. But, please. I love you, Sydny. And you know how much I hate to see you like this. I hate myself. I'm so sorry... God, I'm so stupid. I'm sorry."

"Stop." I sighed. Luke has tears running down his cheeks.

The aura in the room turned silent and awkward. I don't know what will happen after this. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. But I'm not ready to just forgive and forget.

"Please." I said softly. "Just go."

Luke looked at me for a moment, like he was about to say something. But he didn't. I just wanted to run to him at that moment. I want his arms to wrap around me. I want to kiss him one more time. But I know if I did, I won't be able to let him go, and I'll hurt myself again.

He took a deep breath and left without another word.

I closed the door behind him, before going into my room. I threw myself on my bed and waited as the world collapse around me.

"I love you, Luke." I whispered to myself.

.

.

Um so yeah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985K 61K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
662K 24.1K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
160K 4.6K 63
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...