Once Upon A Time [BxB]

By LonelyForNowLmao

[IN EDITING] Book One in the 'Happily Ever After' series Ever since Adrien's stepmother passed away, his fami... More

Chapter One: Asher
Chapter Two: The Royal Guard
Chapter Three: Christopher
Chapter Four: The King
Chapter Five: Mr. Adams
Chapter Six: The Announcement
Chapter Seven: Distracted
Chapter Eight: A Date
Chapter Nine: Left Behind
Chapter Ten: Fairy Godmother
Chapter Eleven: The Royal Ball
Chapter Twelve: Midnight Garden
Chapter Thirteen: The Morning After
Chapter Fourteen: True Love
Chapter Fifteen: Unfair
Chapter Sixteen: The Search
Chapter Seventeen: Escape
Chapter Eighteen: Comfort
Epilogue
Author's Note
Q & A

Chapter Nineteen: Happily Ever After

15.1K 578 219
By LonelyForNowLmao

Two Months Later

"God, I'm so nervous."

I fidgeted with my undershirt, twisting and turning the expensive white fabric. Mr. Adams glared at me as I continued to play with my sleeves.

"Your highness, I cannot fix your suit if you keep messing with it," He sighed.

"I cannot help it, Adams. I'm about to marry the love of my life, and every thought in my mind keeps telling me he will object!" I shouted, running my hands through my hair.

Mr. Adams' perfect posture slumped for a second when I nervously patted my locks. He fixed my hair with a comb after I messed with it.

Adrien and I have not seen each other for nearly a week. So busy with wedding preparations, the crowning ceremony, and handling Adrien's 'family,' the only time we saw each other were during the late hours of the night, minds wandering to sleep the second we hit the bed.

Talking about Adriens 'family,' they were reluctantly packing up their belongings. They had broken a law they swore to follow, and for punishment (for not only lying, but also harming the future Royal Consort) they were banished from the kingdom; including their future spouses and children.

My father's ways had fully changed when he met Adrien. The king adored him---nearly as much as I did! He admired Adrien's strength for surviving with his family, and believed his kindness was what the kingdom needed.

"He's perfect," Father had said.

Now I was getting ready in a guest bedroom near the wedding ceremony. Adrien had his own room, and his friend Paul (along with two other maids) were helping him dress.

"But he won't," Mr. Adams replied.

"What?" I asked, looking at Mr. Adams in the full length mirror.

"Adrien won't reject you. There is simply no way, your highness," he explained.

I sighed, "But there is always the possibility. Perhaps he changed his mind. I have not spoken to him much recently, you know."

"And I have. In fact, I'm sure he's as nervous as you are right now. That's how my wife and I felt before our wedding. It was like a fairytale. I saw her walk down the aisle and all nervousness washed away, and was replaced by overwhelming joy," Mr. Adams recounted, a smile blooming on his face.

"That sounds wonderful."

"It was," he grinned. "Today is a special day for you and Adrien. Enjoy it."

"I will try," I replied.

Mr. Adams finished fixing my suit and hair and complexion, and soon enough, the bell rang, signifying that the ceremony was about to start.

I sucked in a breath before walking down the aisle.

***

The pastor's words were blocked out as I glanced around the spacious room.

Adrien would be here any minute now.

A calming, ceremonious, and angelic song echoed in the room, spreading throughout the halls. The grand doors opened, and Adrien walked out, his arm linked with Father's. Since Adrien could not walk down the aisle with any family member, my father gladly volunteered.

And gods, my fiance was beautiful.

A white and golden flower was delicately placed in his hair, and another one was resting in the pocket of his suit. The light colored clothes contrasted with his dark hair and eyes. Said features could not be described with just the word handsome. His eyes were deep yet soft, and his hair was neatly brushed, but its fluffiness could not be tamed.

I met his gaze, and our smiles lifted.

I was infuriated he could not come to my side faster.

To Mr. Adams dismay, I started fidgeting with my shirt again. I bit my lip nervously as Adrien walked up the steps.

Everyone else in the room seemed to disappear, and in that moment, all that mattered was me and Adrien.

Adrien and me.

We met at the altar, and the pastor's words did not shake me. The only thing I heard were the soft chuckles under Adrien's breath; nervous and happy.

"You were right about the flowers," I whispered as I grabbed his hands in mine.

His smile morphed into a cheeky grin, "I told you so."

I shook my head slightly, a soft sigh escaping my lips. The pastor's short message ended. My mind snapped back to reality at the words 'the Vows.'

"Dearly beloved and honored guests," the pastor began. "We are gathered together here to join Prince Christopher Tomas Solace and Adrien Levine in the union of marriage."

"Tomas?" Adrien whispered with a giggle.

"Don't ask me, ask my father," I laughed.

"This contract is not to be entered into lightly, but thoughtfully and seriously, and with a deep realization of its obligations and responsibilities. Both grooms have prepared vows that they will read now," The pastor ended, nodding to both of us.

I cleared my throat, my heart racing and palms sweating.

With a deep breath, I began, "Adrien, it is no secret that I love you. It is no secret that I have searched all over the kingdom for you, and that I insisted on being with you even though the societies we grew up in were not similar one bit. I remember the first day we met, when I fell off my horse like an idiot, and you helped me up—you were always Bella's favorite. Ever since I saw you, I wanted to be close to you, even if we were merely acquaintances. I promised to protect both of our dignities, so I will not go into detail. That my love, is one of the many promises I will make to you tonight," I swallowed, and then continued. "I promise to stay by your side and to love you through our darkest and lightest days. I promise to listen to you and comfort you until death. And I promise to love you as you are; Adrien Levine, my beloved."

Adrien smiled and wiped a tear from his eye.

"I don't know if I'll be able to top that," he said.

"Anything you say will probably be better than that."

"Don't say that. Your vows were very sweet," Adrien chuckled.

The officiant cleared his throat, making both of us turn to him. I felt my face color when a few laughs escaped from the audience.

"Sorry," Adrien and I apologized.

"Take your time," the officiant laughed. He nodded to Adrien. "Whenever you are ready."

Adrien squeezed my hand one more time before he began. "If I told myself one year ago that I would be here marrying the love of my life, I would call myself insane," he started, igniting more laughs from the audience. "You are not only my lover, but you are also my best friend—the person I turned to when my family was cruel. You helped me in many more ways than just sewing my suit for the royal ball. I daydreamed about you during the day, and I lay awake thinking about you at night. No amount of words could tell you how happy and grateful I am that you came into my life. And I promise to stay by your side always and love you until our final days—to take you as you are (royal soldier or crown prince); my Christopher."

I had no words.

Instead, I squeezed Adrien's hands, letting my overwhelming smile say everything. This was it. I was marrying him. I had been waiting for this moment for so long, I didn't know how to carry myself.

"And now, Prince Christopher Solace, do you take Adrien to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?

"I do," I said, loud and clear.

"And Adrien Levine, do you take Prince Christopher to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?"

"I do," he said.

"Prince Christopher and Adrien will now exchange rings as a symbol of love and commitment to each other. Rings are a precious metal; they are also made precious by you wearing them. Your wedding rings are special; they enhance who you are. They mark the beginning of your long journey together, Your wedding ring is a circle—a symbol of love never ending. It is the seal of the vows you have just taken to love each other without end," "Prince Christopher, please place the ring on Adrien's left hand and repeat after me:"

"As a sign of my love,"

"As a sign of my love," I echoed.

"That I have chosen you,"

"Above all else,"

"Above all else,"

"With this ring, I thee wed."

"And Adrien, please place the ring on Prince Christopher's left hand and repeat after me:"

"As a sign of my love,"

"That I have chosen you,"

"Above all else,"

"Above all else,"

"With this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring, I thee wed," Adrien beamed. His gaze left my ring and returned to my face.

"To make your relationship work will take love. Continue to date each other. Take time to show each other that your love and marriage grows stronger with time," "It will take trust to know that in your hearts, you truly want what is best for each other. It will take dedication to stay open to one another—and to learn and grow together. It will take loyalty to go forward together, without knowing exactly what the future brings. And it will take commitment to hold true to the journey you have both pledged today."

"And now by the power vested in me, it is my honor and delight to declare you married. Go forth and live each day to the fullest. You may seal this declaration with a kiss," the officiant announced.

I cupped Adrien's cheek and kissed him. Wrapping my left arm around his waist, I deepened the kiss. His arms slithered around my neck, pulling me impossibly closer. I gripped his waist tight; so tight that I was sure finger-shaped bruises would be left. Adrien opened his mouth slightly, allowing me to explore. One of his hands found the tufts of my hair and he tugged on them lightly.

"I am so pleased to present the newlyweds, Prince Christopher and Adrien Solace."

The sound of clapping echoed through the room and the halls, shouts of cheer escaping the mouths of the crowd, and flowers danced in the air like confetti.

As Adrien and I pulled away, I spotted my father with a huge grin on his face. Mr. Adams stood at the side with a handkerchief, wiping his tears away. Paul was beaming near the banquet table (he had graciously offered to bake us pastries). Adrien's cat—that I now know is named Beelzebub—was pushing a slice of cheese near a few mice. Adrien's godmother was in the back with a hand over her heart. I had never met her, but she must have been from a different kingdom, since her silver puffy gown was nothing like I had ever seen.

Adrien laughed, "Never in a thousand years would I have guessed I would end up here."

"It's much like a fairytale, is it not?" I smiled.

"It is," Adrien replied. "They will have our love story in the history books."

"They better do," I said with a chuckle.

I squeezed my husband's hands and pressed our foreheads together, my focus on Adrien alone. He squeezed my hands too, a giggle escaping his lips when I had to blow a stray flower petal away from our faces.

"I love you," he whispered; for my ears only.

"I love you too."

Forever and ever.

And even if we were separated, I will always be able to recount the memories from generation to generation. A bedtime story for our children that will always start with the words,

"Once upon a time..."

THE END.

---

A/N - Except I still have to write the epilogue :'D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 58.7K 92
This story is complete ✅ 'I look at the back of the boy, sitting in front of me and his shining tousled hair. Before I can even realize what I'm doin...
525K 13.2K 53
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
4.8K 235 27
I was used to the quiet. The isolated life I had made for myself felt safe away from the greed and carnage the world left behind. The apocalypse wasn...
1.3M 81.5K 76
Since River has been old enough to ask, his father has brain-washed into believing that he's unworthy of any sort of love. Especially from his long-a...