Foreign Spotlight

By A8163ye

A dream is so hard to achieve yet it's motivating to catch it whatever happens but what if the dream becomes... More

The Journey Begins
New Opportunity
New Surroundings
Company Call
Decision
Hype Boy
One Step Forward
Meeting Them
Reality
What?
Questions
Getting Ready
Love?
A Sky Full of Stars
Apologies
Day Off
Figuring Out
Feelings

First Day

1.2K 47 11
By A8163ye

Y/n POV

A couple of months have passed since I arrived at Starship and it's been a fun ride.

Meeting my sunbaes and getting along with them is awesome. Of course, controlling myself not to fanboy too much, hehe.

Also, I saw some actors under the label, and let's just say that they are crazy and so cool to be with. Some have intimidating looks but, don't judge a book by its cover.

Right now, I am in one of the practice rooms to enhance my skills in dancing. I've also got to see some of my fellow trainees and at first, it's hard to get along with them, understandable because I'm a foreigner, but as time goes by, we got to be friends.

"Okay. What's next to dance?" I muttered to myself and looked at the room's computer.

Scrolling through the web, looking for some fun and interesting songs.

"New Jeans? That's fun. Don't Wanna Cry by Seventeen sunbaenim? That's also fun," I muttered again.

At this time, It's just me, the mirror, the walls, and the floor working like a perfect symphony. Wait what?

*knock* *knock*

I looked at the door opening and it revealed Eunji. . . Eunji noona I mean.

Those couple of months also taught me things in the Korean language so yeah, the honorifics are now in place.

"Heya~ Y/n, what are you practicing?" Eunji noona asked.

"Just dancing to something I'm interested in noona," I answered.

"Noona huh? I'm just not used to being called noona by you," Eunji noona laughed while I shrugged.

"Better to be used by it noona. Also, why are you here?" I questioned Eunji noona.

"Oh right! I'm here to let you know about your school," Eunji noona answered which made me groan.

"Ughhhh. School? Do I really have to?"  I whined.

"Yah! You also need to learn you know?" Eunji noona scolded.

I pouted at Eunji noona and noona just laughed and patted my back.

"I know Y/n. I know. Just hold on for a little bit, knowledge is power you know?" Eunji noona encouraged me as I just looked at her annoyed.

Eunji noona laughs at me while I groan knowing that I will be inside a classroom again.

"I hate schools," I muttered while Eunji noona was laughing at my state.

"Don't be Y/n. I promise you that you will have fun in this school," Eunji noona said in confidence. I squinted my eyes at Eunji noona and she just shrugged.

"Okay, I trust you noona," I sighed and Eunji noona clapped in joy.

"Great! Now here," Eunji noona grabbed two envelopes from her bag and gave them to me.

"Two? Why are there two envelopes noona?" I asked.

"Talking to the company and the two schools are willing to accept you," Eunji noona said.

"Me? I don't even have my grades and credentials with me," I said and Eunji noona waved her hand.

"About that, your mother helps us with that," Eunji noona answered which made me nod in understanding.

"Really?! I gotta thank Mom after this," I muttered.

"And that you do. So, pick a school!" Eunji noona said with enthusiasm.

I opened the first envelope and it made my eyes shoot wide open.

"Uh, am I reading this right noona?" I whispered.

"Yup! Open the next one too!" Eunji noona said to me and I followed her.

I opened the second envelope and just like the first one, it made my eyes wide open again.

"N-noona?" I stuttered and Eunji noona once again cheered at me.

"Yep! Pick the school you want to be in!" Eunji squealed.

I smiled at noona and looked at the envelopes representing two schools

______________________

"Yujin!" I ran across the hall to go where Yujin was practicing alone and then slammed the door open.

And yes... Yujin allowed me to call her by her name.

"Woah! I know that I told you not to slam the door open right?" Yujin said to me as she wiped the sweat on her forehead.

"What did you just dance? You are sweating hard dude!" I exclaimed.

"I've danced to many songs now, I'm tired!" Yujin whined.

"Wai wait wait, is this on your schedule or nah?" I asked Yujin.

"Uhhh yeah, let's not talk about that hehe," Yujin awkwardly giggled. I scoffed at the girl and threw her a towel from the cabinets.

"Hey!" Yujin groaned at me and I just giggled at the girl.

"I will ask you later about my question. You stink you know?" I teased and Yujin squinted her eyes at me.

"Shut up Y/n! At least I'm a good dancer," Yujin flicked her hair.

"Oh~ I'm so ready for a challenge," I stretched while walking closer to Yujin.

"Challenging me rookie?" Yujin eyed me and I leaned my face closer.

"Yep! What can you say about that Ahn Yujin?" I smirked and Yujin smirked back at me.

"The loser treats the winner?" Yujin asked.

"Deal!" I exclaimed and Yujin smiled.

"Okay," Yujin answered and walked to the computer. I followed Yujin and we stared at the monitor.

"So, what song?" Yujin asked me.

"NCT?"

"Seventeen?"

"Ooh, that's a nice pick. How 'bout Le Sserafim?" Yujin suggested.

"Le Sserafim? What is that?" I asked curiously and Yujin gasped.

"*gasp* What?! You don't know Le Sserafim?" Yujin asked me and I shook my head slowly.

"Aish. Sakura unnie and Chaewon unnie would explode if they knew that someone didn't know them," Yujin sighed.

"Sakura and Chaewon?! IZ*ONE!?" I said surprised at the news.

"Well technically, former but, they are together in Le Sserafim," Yujin answered.

"So just like you and Wonyoung then?" I asked Yujin and she nodded.

"Yep!" Yujin answered in glee.

"When did they debut? Seriously, I don't know what has been happening in the past month," I said and Yujin looked at me.

"Yah, don't tell me you are overworking yourself," Yujin eyed which made me gulp in nervousness.

"U-uh, hehe," I scratched the back of my head, and Yujin sighed.

"I know that you want this chance Y/n but please, don't forget to take care of yourself," Yujin said and I looked down.

"I know that anxiety you are feeling but stay with me, believe in your talents. I saw your talent and let me say this, you are a special one okay?" Yujin patted my back. I looked at Yujin again smiling warmly at me.

"I needed that Yujinnie. Thank you," I said and hugged Yujin. Yujin giggled and hugged me back.

"No problem. Now, let me introduce you to Le Sserafim!" Yujin said and we parted in our hug. I smiled and nodded at the energetic puppy then from there, Yujin showed me the rise of Le Sserafim.

_____________________

"Woah," I said in amazement.

"Right?! They are awesome and fiercely looking," Yujin said to me with a wide smile on her face.

"I'm seriously impressed by them," I retorted and mentally took note of the group name.

"You should be! That's my unnies... And some of my new friends," Yujin said and I looked at the girl.

"You met them?" I asked and Yujin nodded.

"Yeah! They are shy at first but that's normal. They are cool tho," Yujin said.

"Is that so? That's nice," I said.

"Nice is an understatement," Yujin talked back.

"Yeah, a point on that. Also, I noticed that they are not all Koreans right?" I asked Yujin and she nodded.

"Yep! 2 Koreans, 2 Japanese, and an American girl," Yunjin said which made me nod.

"So assuming that Sakura and Kazuha are the Japanese ones?" I said and Yujin nodded.

"Chaewon and Eunchae are the Koreans?" I said not sure if I'm correct.

"Correct! Wow, you are good huh?" Yunjin said and nudged me.

"Well, coming from a fanboy, I will take it as a compliment," I shrugged.

"Never knew that it would come in handy huh? Oh well, that's nice," Yujin sighed in contentment.

"Yep! A new group to stan too," I said excitedly.

"Happy to help you on your growing list of groups to support," Yujin said.

"More happiness and music," I said in a positive tone.

"Yep. Now that all of that is done," Yujin then eyed me and added. "Who is your bias?" Yujin asked.

"Bias? Isn't too early to tell?" I answered.

"Just who captivates you, who is attractive to you?" Yujin asked again.

With that, I began to look at the monitor where the Le Sserafim girls were seen.

"Chaewon? She is talented, I saw what she is capable of. Talented, beautiful voice, a great dancer,"

Then, I looked at the eldest girl of the bunch.

"Sakura, she is probably one of the most dedicated and passionate idols that I've seen,"

Looking at the next girl on the screen, the name is Huh Yunjin.

"Yunjin. I just saw her performance on their debut music video and let me say, insane vocal skills.

Then, the next girl.

"Hong Eunchae, the youngest of the group. I can feel that she is the vitamin of the group. Great dancing abilities and a cute potato,"

I smiled at my thoughts and then moved on to the last girl. Nakamura Kazuha.

"Her smile and her dance skills with her amazing voice?"

I questioned myself but my smile began to widen as I looked at the Japanese girl. What is this feeling? I have many biases but what is special in this girl I'm looking at?

"Ooh~ what's this? Why are you smiling like that?" Yujin asked while chuckling.

"Shut it Yujin. I think I found my new bias to replace you," I teased.

"Hey~ that's bad~," Yujin muttered and pouted. I giggled at the puppy and hugged her.

"I'm just joking!" I laughed and hugged Yujin tighter.

*sniff* *sniff*

I was startled to hear sniffles, taking Yujin apart a little bit, and seeing her crying made me panic. With tears flowing, I immediately wiped Yujin's tears with my sleeves since I was wearing a sweater.

"Y-yah, why are you crying?!" I asked the puppy while wiping her tears.

"Y-you s-said that y-you will replace m-me-" and with that, Yujin bawls.

I giggled at the puppy and continued to pamper her as this was my first time seeing this side of her.

"I'm not gonna replace you okay? You are still the top on my bias list," I said and Yujin looked at me.

"P-promise?" Yujin cutely asked.

"Yep," I nodded and then I saw the puppy smile once again.

"There we go~ the puppy is happy again!" I cheered and Yujin chuckled.

"Aish! Let me wash my face! When Gaeul unnie sees me she will fun of me!" Yujin giggled and walked towards the restroom to wash up.

_____________________

"So what is your reason on why you disturb me during my dance practice?" Yujin said as she munched her cheesecake.

"Oh right! I forgot about that, wait," I wiped my mouth and grabbed my phone.

Now, Yujin and I are in a cafe eating and relaxing after knowing Le Sserafim and dancing to a couple of dances to have fun. Of course, our trip to this cafe was paid for by me as my payback for making Yujin cry earlier.

"So Eunji noona showed me schools," I said and showed Yujin my phone.

"Oh. Well if ask me, I will pick this one," Yujin said and showed me her pick.

"Oh right. I forgot that you went here," I said and looked at Yujin with a big smile on her face showing her dimples.

"Yep! Wonyoung and Rei also studied there," Yujin said ecstatically.

"Shall we make it the four of us?" I said and Yujin immediately nodded.

"You look good with Yellow alright," Yujin said and I looked at myself.

"Yellow huh? So should I pick this school right now?" I asked and Yujin shook her head.

"The other one is good too you know, many idols also went there," Yujin said.

"I heard about this school often," I said and Yujin agreed with me.

"Yeah~ but hey! It's your choice," Yujin said and I nodded.

I began to think about my choices again and now, maybe I have my decision.

"Hey, Yujin," I called the girl and she looked at me while sipping her drink.

"Yeah?" Yujin answered as she put her drink on the table.

"Would you go with me if I pick SOPA?" I asked and Yujin grinned widely and nodded.

"Of course! I would gladly even tour you around!" Yujin said excitedly.

"Really huh?" I teased and Yujin just giggled.

"Yep! You know Baek Jiheon?" Yujin asked.

"Fromis 9?" I asked and Yujin nodded.

"Yeah! She is in her last year there, I can call her to help us," Yujin said.

"Really? Well, Eunji noona said that I will be only studying for one year," I said.

"A year?! What are you? A smart genius?!" Yujin exclaimed.

"Hey! I just turned 18 and Eunji noona said I just need to learn how Korea does it," I said.

"Ahhh. So basically just to complete your high school year to be eligible for college? Of course, also for experience?" Yujin asked and I nodded.

"Probably, that is the case," I shrugged.

"Well, lucky you that Eunji unnie is looking after you," Yujin said and sipped her drink.

I giggled and began to think about how I thanked Eunji noona.

"Lucky huh? I will think that I am," I chuckled and Yujin smiled while sipping her drink.

_____________________

"So noona, this is it huh?" I said and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Yep! *giggle* I'm just like a mother sending his son here," Eunji noona giggled which made me smile warmly as I remembered my mother back at home.

*creak*

The door to my dorm opened and there it revealed two tall girls who were excited to see me in a yellow colored school uniform.

"KYAAA! Look at Y/n!" Wonyoung squealed.

"Whaa! Look at Y/n going on his first day of school," Yujin begins to babytalk me as I become annoyed in a matter of seconds.

"Will the baby cry on the first day of school~," Yujin then squished my cheeks.

"Awww, look at the baby!" Eunji noona joined the tall girls in their tease.

"YWA!" I shouted while Yujin was squishing my cheeks.

"Aww look! The baby is answering!" Wonyoung exclaimed.

I grabbed Yujin's hands as I grumbled. Yujin then laughed loudly and hugged me.

"HAHAHA, you look like a lost boy!" Yujin said in our hug. Looking at noona while she shook her head.

"You and Yujin became close huh?" Wonyoung stated. Yujin and I then looked at the bunny and we giggled.

"A couple of months of seeing each other helps alright," Yujin said as she snuggled at me.

"Seriously, if you two continued to be like this," Eunji noona then looked at Yujin and me. "You will be a couple,"

As Eunji noona said that, Yujin and I looked at each other and we began to blush.

Wonyoung who is witnessing this squeals and jumps excitedly as Eunji noona giggles.

"Y-yah, w-we are just friends," I stuttered.

"Y-yeah! Stop it unnie!" Yujin shouted and Eunji noona laughed.

"Aish, you guys are still young. C'mon, we don't want Y/n to be late right?" Eunji noona asked the two girls.

"Yep! C'mon unnie, stop hugging Y/n," Wonyoung pulled Yujin and we all just laughed.

"Yeah! Let's go!" Yujin exclaimed.

"Yeah! Also, thanks for tagging along Wonyoung," I said and the bunny smiled cutely.

"Of course! Also, it will bring back good memories as well," Wonyoung said and I nodded.

"C'mon, everybody! Out now! Y/n lock your doors," Eunji noona ordered and Yujin, Wonyoung, and I followed her.

______________________

"So this is the building huh?" I said while looking outside the window.

"Yep! This brings back memories gosh," Wonyoung said.

"Same for me!" Yujin muttered.

"You two just left like a year ago right?" I said.

"Year too long! C'mon Y/n!" Yujin grabbed my hand as she opened her side of the door.

"This more than okay alright," I said in awe.

"Say that when you get inside, c'mon!" Yujin dragged me inside the school. I looked at Wonyoung and Eunji noona who were just chuckling while following me and the puppy.

I looked at Yujin who was happily skipping while dragging me to their former school which is now, my school for a year.

"Hey Y/n, you excited!?" Yujin asked.

"Well, meeting new friends is always exciting," I said and Yujin nodded.

"Yep! Speaking of friends, Jiheon is waiting for us in the lobby," Yujin said now, panting.

After a few seconds of dragging, Yujin and I arrived at the lobby of the school first and Yujin began to scan the modern lobby of this school.

"Now, let's wait for Jiheon. I texted her and-,"

"Yujinnie!" Someone called the puppy which made Yujin look in the direction of the voice.

"Orenji!" Yujin squealed and the two girls hugged.

"Oh my! I'm glad that I see you again! But now not on a Yellow uniform," Jiheon said and saw her pouted which made me giggle. Jiheon then looked at me and gave me her big smile while waving her hands.

"Oh hello! Are you new?" Jiheon asked happily as she parted their hug with Yujin.

"Yeah! Hello! I'm Kim Y/n!" I introduced myself and Jiheon nodded with her bright smile.

"You may know me but! I'm Baek Jiheon! Nice to meet you," Jiheon introduced herself.

"I'm a flover!" I said and Jiheon squealed in delight.

"Yep! Y/n here knows a lot of groups," Yujin added and I nodded at her words.

"Is that so?! So who is your bias~?" Jiheon asked. Now, Jiheon is my bias but, I want to tease her for a little bit. Hehehe.

"Jiwon!" I said and as soon as I said that, Jiheon's smile turns into a frown, now pouting in front of me, making me chuckle.

"Hmph!" Jiheon sulked as Yujin and I giggled.

"Hey~ he is just teasing you. You are his bias," Yujin patted Jiheon's back and this turned Jiheon's pout to a bright smile once again.

"Really?!" Jiheon asked me and I nodded.

"Yes!" I answered and suddenly, Jiheon hugged me in joy.

"I'm happy to meet someone whose bias is me!" Jiheon said.

"Look at you boy, hugging two girls in a day," Yujin teased.

"Why do you make it sound like I'm a cheater?" I answered and Jiheon and Yujin burst into laughter.

"What is this commotion? And why is Jiheon unnie hugging Y/n?" Wonyoung appeared from nowhere along with Eunji noona.

"Hey, Wony! Nice to see you here too!" Jiheon said.

"Woah, chill down Y/n. Two girls in a day? Really?" Eunji noona said which made me groan.

The three girls laughed especially Yujin and Jiheon.

"That's exactly what I said earlier!" Yujin said in between her laughs.

"Seriously! Eunji noona and Yujin have the same brain," I exclaimed and the three girls giggled at my outburst.

"Yeah yeah, stop whining Y/n. We're gonna go now," Eunji noona said.

I immediately popped my head up and Yujin and Wonyoung pouted.

"Already unnie?!" Wonyoung whined.

"Yeah, unnie? Can we stay please~?" Yujin did an aegyo to lure Eunji noona.

"I'm immune to your antics you two, come on! Their class will start soon!" Eunji noona said and dragged the two tall girls while they discussed their plea to Eunji noona on why they should stay.

Moments of Eunji noona dragging the two girls came to a close as Eunji noona successfully dragged them out of the school.

Jiheon and I looked at each other and smiled.

"They are crazy huh?" Jiheon nudged me with her big smile.

"Tell me about it. As soon as I met Yujin, she was a crazy but fun mentor," I giggled and Jiheon smiled at my comment.

"Well, I can approve of that, that is Yujin's true personality," Jiheon giggled.

"Are you two close?" I asked Jiheon and she hummed.

"Yeah! We met often here when she was still going to school," Jiheon said and I looked at the girl with now a pout on her face.

"Hey, why are you pouting?" I asked.

"It's just that, I lost a friend with me that day," Jiheon said sadly.

I patted Jiheon's back making her look at me.

"Hey, don't be sad. I will be your friend," I said and Jiheon's lips slowly curled upwards making me smile too.

"Really?" Jiheon asked me.

"Yep! So why do you say?" I asked and Jiheon immediately nodded.

"I would love to!" Jiheon excitedly said.

"Then, let's go!" I said happily.

"Yes! Let's go!" Jiheon grabbed my hand and we walked together in the halls of the school.

Now at this point, Yujin would probably say that I'm lucky once again since my hand is being held by an idol... Which is also my bias.

"So where are we going?" I asked and put Jiheon's hand on my arm.

"To the principal! We'll get your schedule," Jiheon said and I just nodded.

We walked through the halls and I saw some students chasing each other and some just talking about random things.

As I walk deeper into the school halls, the anxiety of being the new guy in school kicks in with me. Then, getting out of the trance, Jiheon pulled me softly.

"Hey, are you okay? I just said that we are here," Jiheon said to me.

"Oh right, I'm sorry," I said and shrugged.

"Bet you are nervous hehe. Don't be, you have me!" Jiheon smiled at me which put a smile on my face too.

"Yeah! That's right," I answered.

_________________________

"So basically, we are classmates," Jiheon said and giggled as she saw my schedule.

"So it's the same as yours?" I asked and Jiheon nodded. As I look at Jiheon, she looks very happy with my schedule.

"You look happy," I commented as we walked toward our first class.

"Do I? I just like to smile," Jiheon said and looked at me.

Seriously? I just giggled at the girl as I told myself that Jiheon's smiling was one of the reasons why she is my bias.

"Yeah, that's right. I forgot," I said and Jiheon giggled.

Jiheon and I walked side by side and went to the second floor where our classroom is located. While Jiheon was leading the way, I saw the posters for different clubs like the ones that caught my interest, the photography club, and the cooking club.

Cooking club in an idol school, I know, seems weird but hey! Some people are gifted when it comes to cooking.

Then, a couple of minutes later, Jiheon stopped at a door which means this is our classroom.

"Hey Y/n, wait here for a bit. I will just talk to our homeroom teacher okay?" Jiheon said to me and I nodded. Jiheon then entered the room and closed the door, not even a couple of seconds later, the door opened again revealing Jiheon and a middle-aged woman.

"Here he is Mrs. Kwon, Y/n, the new student," Jiheon introduced me.

"Oh, I'm expecting you. (Y/l/n) Y/n? Am I correct?" Mrs. Kwon asked and I nodded.

"Yes seonsaengnim, it's nice to meet you," I said and bowed as a sign of respect.

"Nice to meet you too Y/n-ssi," Mrs. Kwon said warmly which made me smile.

"Okay then, let's go and introduce you to your new classmates," Mrs. Kwon opened the door for me and Jiheon.

As I entered the classroom, the once full murmur noise silenced the room as my classmates began to look at me.

"Alright everyone, you have a new classmate," Mrs. Kwon announced to the whole class and Mrs. Kwon looked at me, meaning that it was my time to introduce myself.

"Hello everyone! I'm (Y/l/n) Y/n, from (Y/c). I hope that we can be friends!" I said and the whole class clapped at me.

"Okay, class. Let us all welcome Y/n to this class. As you can see, he is with Jiheon-ssi and she will help Y/n-ssi with guiding Y/n-ssi around the building, okay?" Mrs. Kwon said and the class answered together.

"Ne!"

"Okay, any questions for the new member of our class to know him better?" Mrs. Kwon asked the whole class and immediately, there were a few people who raised their hands.

"Are you a trainee?" A girl asked and Jiheon nudged me to answer the question.

"Yes I am a trainee," I said, and then, a man followed a question.

"What company are you on Y/n-ssi?"

"I'm from Starship Entertainment," I said and the class cooed which made me shy, and took a step closer to Jiheon.

My actions made the whole class burst into laughter as Jiheon giggled and patted my back.

"Don't be shy Y/n, *giggles*" Jiheon whispered to me which made me smile.

"Okay okay. That's enough for the questions and Jiheon-ssi?" Jiheon looked at Mrs. Kwon.

"Yes seonsaengnim?" Jiheon answered.

"There is no one sitting beside you right?" Mrs. Kwon asked Jiheon.

"No one seonsaengnim!" Jiheon said happily.

"Okay then. Y/n-ssi, you are seated beside Jiheon-ssi," Mrs. Kwon said to me to which I nodded.

"Ne seonsaengnim! Thank you!" I said and Jiheon and I walked to our seats with all smiles. One because, Jiheon is my seatmate and two, the whole class seems like a nice bunch of people who are cool to work with.

As Jiheon and I took our seats, Mrs. Kwon began to teach us the lesson. Jiheon then puts the book in the middle of the table.

"Let us share first and later, let's buy your things," Jiheon said to me and I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, thank Jiheon," I said. My

"You are welcome!" Jiheon exclaimed.

With that, my first day started with a blast with the help of Yujin, Wonyoung, Eunji noona, and especially, my seatmate for the year, Jiheon.

_________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 667 15
Ever since they reunited to debut in Le Sserafim together, Yunjin has been Chaewon's loud, confident, lovable best friend. One day, Chaewon looks at...
102K 3K 34
After thinking he has lost all chance to debut when he missed out on being a member of ENHYPEN he returns to training until a unique opportunity show...
27.9K 767 14
[DISCONTINUED] Park Eun-suk was a 19-year-old boy who dreamed of being a KPOP Idol. All of his visions for his future were disrupted when someone, or...
284 16 3
After a tragic mission, Y/N is forced off the grid. However, one day, he is unwillingly brought back into the life he had left behind. Will Y/N be ab...