You and Me | βœ“

By sreeeshaa

𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 π’Œπ’π’π’˜ π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’† π’Šπ’• 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’Šπ’• 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒆 ... More

00
Family Tree
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
Epilogue
MIHIR'S BOOK!!!!
Fun Facts!
πŸ“£
new book!

35

125K 8.5K 874
By sreeeshaa

Mihir was quick to leave the moment he noticed Amrit's glare on himself while Roop frowned.

"You keep terrorizing the poor guy." She scolded.

"He keeps testing my patience," Amrit replied, a frown masking his features too as he felt her slipping away.

She just shook her head at his reply, packing the lunch and keeping it in her bag, "Are you leaving?" He asked, watching her moves.

"Yes, I'm meeting with an author around 4, she wanted to meet before I edited her book so yeah." She replied, "Wish me luck!" She turned to him, fixing her saree.

"I know you'll ace the meeting!" He replied.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He nodded, kissing her cheek, "Now get going before you get late." He said, turning her towards the door.

"Heyy! So eager to send me away?" She turned to him with a frown.

"You want me to drop you off?" He asked.

"No, Driver uncle is waiting for me, bye bye." She waved, opening the door, "Don't miss me too much." She added before finally leaving.

"I will!" He replied watching her back as she rushed towards the elevator. Sighing tiredly, he picked up a file before walking out.

Rayna, His assistant, who was busy reading a thick file stood up, alert to his presence only to sit back down and pat her racing heart since he didn't acknowledge her or asked her to do something.

Entering Mihir's office without knocking he opened his mouth to say something but stopped seeing Mihir sitting hand-in-hand with his assistant on the couch while they sat too close to be appropriate.

"Get up." He ordered, looking at the girl with his jaw clenched.

"Bhai-"

"I'm not talking to you. Get up and leave. You're fired." He pointed to the door.

"You can't just do that!" Mihir stood up along with Mehak, his assistant.

"Don't tell me what to do. Either she leaves by herself or I call the security, your call." Amrit replied, sitting on Mihir's chair as he threw the file on the desk.

A tear dropped from her eye as she looked at Mihir, feeling humiliated by the way Amrit talked, tearing her eyes away from him she started moving outside.

"Make sure I don't find anything missing." He added.

"Bhai!" Mihir turned to Amrit with an accusing glare, "What is wrong with you? How could you do that to me?" He asked, his expression hardening as he looked at him.

"Watch your tone with me," Amrit warned.

"Why? The great Amrit Mehrotra is the only one who could talk like that?" He mocked, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Get yourself a glass of water and then we'll talk." He replied, playing with the paperweight.

"The hell I will."

He rushed out to talk to Mehak but she wasn't there neither was her handbag.

He barged back inside the office, pointing a finger at Amrit, "I swear if she leaves me I will-"

"You're free to leave with her."

"What the fuck is wrong with you? First, you humiliated her like that and then you're acting as if you didn't do anything wrong. What if I talked to Roop bhabi like that-"

"Don't bring my wife in this." He slammed the paperweight down with force, a warning clear in his voice.

"You're no one to talk to my girlfriend like that."

"The girlfriend who's married?" He raised a brow in question.

Mihir looked at him, ridiculed with his question, "What?"

"You were so blind by her fake love that you didn't notice that that girl was already married and had a whole damn kid. She tried to seduce you and you fell into her trap easily, what were you going to do next? Marry her?" Amrit asked.

"You're lying."

"How much have you spent on her already? Tell me. How many family emergencies have happened till now?" He asked, watching Mihir's expressions change as reality sank in.

"How do you know her so well?"

"I don't. I checked the performance reports today and if I didn't come to visit you then I still wouldn't have known what she was upto." He shrugged.

"You...you didn't have to talk to her like that." Mihir shook his head, taking a seat on the couch.

"Like what? Like a fraud, a cheat deserves to get talked to. Yes, I did and if I had to talk to a hundred more people like the way I did with her to keep my family safe, I would. You're young. Duniya itni achi nahi hai jitni tu sochta hai." He said, getting up to leave.
(the world is not as good as you think)

Mihir got up to kick the chair when Amrit turned, "And Mihir? I won't think twice before forgetting who you are to me if you talked to my wife like that." With that, he left.

...

It was later that evening when Amrit entered the house, his hair unruly as if he ran his fingers through them multiple times.

Seeing him walk through the door, Roop rushed to him with a glass of water, "You know who I met today?" She asked, proceeding to tell him everything about her meeting with one of her favourite authors, "..She was so nice!" She completed with a dreamy sigh.

"I'm happy for you." He replied, taking the glass from her.

"You look tired, freshen up, I'll get you a coffee." She said, turning towards the kitchen.

"It's okay, I don't want it." He replied, walking to their room.

Roop looked at the door, Rahil came a while ago but Mihir wasn't home yet when he was the first one to come back every day.

She called him but he didn't answer, she was about to go and ask Priya about it when she saw him entering the mansion. Unlike every day, he didn't throw his tie and suit jacket on the couch but left to his room quietly.

Deciding whether to follow him or not, she went to her room to ask Amrit if he knows anything.

Amrit just came out of the shower when Roop entered, "Did something happen today?" She asked while he dressed up.

"Hmm?"

"Mihir looks a little off, he didn't greet me either and he wasn't smiling too." She told him her concerns.

"He got his heart broken today." He told her.

"Oh."

Those were the only words they shared since Roop didn't talk much after that, only answering important questions. She was too busy thinking about how Mihir must be feeling.

Although she wanted to give him space, she went to his room with his dinner when he didn't join the family.

"Mihir? Can I come in?" She asked, knocking on the door. He didn't reply even when she asked after a while. Finding the door open, she entered to find him lost in his thoughts while sitting on the sofa.

He still was in the clothes from the morning, taking a seat beside him, she kept the plate on the table.

Both of them were sitting in silence when he decided to speak, "It was all fake, her feelings, those gestures, the smiles, none of them was real and you know what's the worst part? I was planning my future with her."

"Did you love her?" She asked.

"I don't know but I liked her, alot." He replied, a sigh escaping his lips.

"What went wrong?" She asked, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." She added quickly.

"She has a family, a husband and a kid. She was playing me all along, for over six months." He turned his head towards her, "I don't know if I should cry at what happened or laugh at my stupid self."

"Who...Who told you?"

"Amrit bhai, I wonder if he didn't come to visit me...how long this would've continued." He sighed.

"It'll be okay, she didn't deserve you actually, you didn't deserve her because you deserve someone so much better than her, someone, who won't use you and will see you as the person you are, not just the guy who has money." She pressed his hand lightly.

"I hope."

"And you would laugh at yourself for thinking the way you must be thinking right now, like everything's over but it's not, there's someone out there for you...maybe you'll find them later but right now? You gotta celebrate that you got out of her trap, that things didn't go much further and most importantly, No one likes the sad Mihir, finish your dinner, Dadi helped me cook today." She winked, patting his head lovingly as she stood up.

"I need to apologise to bhai first." He got up.

"Sit down and eat." Both of them turned to see Amrit leaning on the door frame.

"I'm sorry." He shook his head, walking over to him and throwing his arms around Amrit.

"It's okay, I was a little rude too." He admitted, patting Mihir's head.

"Laao fir pappi dedo." Mihir pushed his cheek near his lips only to get pushed away but Mihir being Mihir, placed a loud and wet kiss on his cheek instead.
(C'mon then, give me a kiss)

"Hatt yahan se." Amrit pushed him completely, wiping his cheek with his T-shirt.

"Eat." Roop whispered, following her husband as she closed the door behind her.

...
Hii! I'm back!
Hope everyone's doing well, enjoy reading!
..
Also, too many rishta's have been coming for Mihir, let me know who's willing to fight everyone to win lol!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 8.5K 19
[ A NOT SO LONG STORY] "I don't like sharing what's mine. I don't even like when someone touches what's mine. And you Kiara, you are mine." Fuck, I...
676K 24K 52
NOTE: Beware of grammatical mistakes " I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his hars...
25.3K 1.9K 15
"π‘ͺ𝒂𝒏 𝑰 π’ˆπ’†π’• 𝒂 π’Œπ’Šπ’”π’”? 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’šπ’π’– π’Žπ’‚π’Œπ’† π’Šπ’• 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓?" β€’β€’β€’ "Only 5 months into this marriage, and we'll part our...
3.2M 108K 63
"Why the hell did you tell them that you are my wife?" he whisper yelled at me. I stared at him in disbelief. "Answer me you useless" he yelled again...