Finding Hope

De mayallusion

Life before the chaos. After being adopted, Aurora settled into a life with her adoptive parents. Though s... Mais

🥀Chapter 1🥀 Mommy?

8 1 0
De mayallusion

~~AURORA~~

        "You pathetic little waste of space" My dad spat at me. I made his morning coffee wrong I know that nots a reason to get mad but with him. Anything that I do is wrong. I don't understand why he wont make it himself since he's the only one who knows how to make it right.

       He stomped over into the kitchen leaving the chair that he's been sitting in for week to confront me about the coffee.

     "How many times do I have to tell you to make this how I wanted, this taste like straight shit" he proceeds to yell down on me. I flinched at the sound of his bellowing voice that I should've been used to.

    "I-I didn't put anything in it like you said." I stammered out trying to explain. "Ill make it again" I offered but he just looked at me with so much evil in his eyes.

    "You should've made it right the first time you little whore" he snarled throwing the hot coffee on to my chest and stomach." I screamed out in pain immediately dropping to the floor trying to take my shirt off to stop this molten liquid from burning me any further.

     "Awe get up" he yells at me stooping down to my face. "GET. UP! " He yells more fiercely but seeing I was still pulling at my shirt crying in pain, he took it as a sign of disrespect. "GET UP YOU DISRESPECTFUL FITHY MAGGOT AND MAKE ME ANOTHER COFFEE." He barked.

     It took at the strength I had to get up just to see him walk away. Leaving me crying from all the pain that I was in. I had took my shirt off but the damage was already done. My skin looked so raw and so sensitive to touch. It was worst on my stomach, But I had to ignore my pain and get the coffee maker started so he wouldn't come back in here and yell at me or do far more worst.

    As I waited I looked around the kitchen for a rag, finding one and soaking it in cold water, then placing it in my stomach, whimpering at the touch. After holding it there for that short period of time, taking it off made it so much worst with the warm are running into it. I was trying my best to hold in all my tears but the pain was so intense.

    The coffee maker went off so I used my shirt, as it was okay now to use, and wrapped in another cold rag on my stomach.

    I pored the coffee and took it to him, handing it to him from behind so he couldn't see me. He reached and grab the coffee from me, but as I went to pull away, he grabbed me wrist with such force.  I wept as he started to squeeze harder.

    "When your mother gets back, I don't want to hear a word" he declared. I yanked my hand back as he laughed and painfully but speedily walked back upstairs to my room. Locking the door behind me going into my bath room. The rag had become room temperature so I decided to change it.

    As I unraveled my shirt, my phone went off. It was a text from my bestfriend.

N- "Good Morning beautiful, Are you going school today? Tyler said he did see you get on the bus?"

    I shudder at the sight of the text knowing I still haven't faced telling him the truth about everything that's happening. For just starting public school I really am making a good impression. I decide to say f* it and go, I need to really get away from here.

A- "Um, yeah. I just woke up later I'm about to leave out"

   I text him back. Getting a good look at the wound, Luckily, but sadly it was only a 2nd degree burn. its still bad because it hurts. I manage to find some burn cream and rub it on all the burns, putting some gauzes on it and wrapping it with a big compression wrap about my upper body. Just making sure it can last until I can get back to this hellhole.

   Another texts comes through my phones just as I was about done.

N- "Well, good. Because I'm going to take you"

     My heart nearly drops out my butt, I'm in no shape or form for him to see me like this. I cant let him see me like this.  I leave his text on read and dressed. I didn't want to walk through the house with him still present so I sneak out my window like usual. The pain I was in was gong away a little but every time my shirt pulls a certain way it stings, so I'm winching as I'm climbing down. If I had a balcony it life like this would be so much easier.

    I make it to the ground, hiding behind a bush looking for my bestfriends car, or even if he is anywhere near.  I didn't see it so I slowing walk around the back out the house tot the garage. I figured to take my bike but that would cause to much pain. I decide to walk, schools not that far. if I feel I cant make it I so desperately would hate if I had to call my bestfriend to come pick me up.

    Where I lived was basically like a section 8 housing community. Of course there were houses that weren't sponsored by section 8. You could always tell by how up kept they were. The roads were paved so it was a nice place. We haven't lived here for long, ever since Darrel, well dad, got discharged from the military. Mom couldn't pay all the bills on her own. It was dishonorable so he got nothing from it. He wasted all his money on drug, beer, anything he could get his hands on at this point.

  While in deep though, I didn't take noticed to the slight limp in my walking. Then, realized how far I had walked. It wasn't that far actually, I had successfully made it 5 houses down from mine at the slowest but less painful pace ever. I hear my phone go off in my pocket. I pull it out and my heart dropped again like before.

  I was my bestfriend calling me, I couldn't ignore it.

A-" Hey, What's up?" Me trying to sound as casual as possible.

N-" Aurora, I texted you" he sounded an little worried.

A- "Um, yeah I don't know why I'm just now seeing it, I'm sorry" I lied.

N-" Ok.. Now that you've seen it, where are you"

A- "Um, I'm actually almost at school, shouldn't you be at your school right now." I lie again, don't come for me because im already feeling bad from the other times.

N- "Aurora" he sounded firm

A- "Yes love"

N- "Why would you lie"

A-"What do you mean, I walking up to the front doors now" I was confused as to why he was questioning me. then I heard a honk from behind. I turn a round and see my bestfriend truck pulling up beside me.

A- "ohhhh" I drag out.

    "Are you going to kept walking or kept lying to me" I says to me, My face was stuck on cherry red. I honestly did feel like I was getting away with this but geez.

    He jumps out the truck and walks up to me.

   "Now why would you lie to me?" He wondered.

    "Good question, I don't know" I hesitated.

   "Did you not want to see me" He assumed. I never wanted him to think that so when it said it, it kinda struck something in my chest.

   "Oh no, its not that I can promise you. I just, didn't want you to worry about me. Plus you needed to go to school anyway."  I trailed off.

   " I told you last night I didn't have school today, it was a holiday or some sort." he furrowed his brows at me confused. "Are you okay." he ask me placing a hand on my shoulder, I had winched in pain from my shirt rubbing against the burns. Apparently he was stopping me from swaying, but I hadn't realized.

   "Yeah I'm fine." I retort a little unsure, I was starting to feel a little weird, but I brush it off thing it was just from the pain of the burns. Only nature for the adrenaline to wear off by now.

   "Ok, C'mon let get in the truck. I'm going to take you to school." He encouraged. Placing a hand on my back guiding me to the passenger side of the truck. He opens the door for me, like he always does, and offer to help me up.

    "I got it." I assertively say trying not to sound rude.

    He lets me do it on my own and standing close behind me. His trucks not that big but it has some height to it. With me being a little short it was still go a good jump. He took notice at how weirdly I got In. I had sat down first on the floor, scooted back then slowly brought my knees up, and stood up into the seat.

    "Um ok, weird, I should expect nothing less than that from you" he laughs. I smile right behind him as he shuts my door and get in the truck.

    Heading down the road, I start to feel a little bit worst. Hitting all the bumps and the pothole made the pain worse making me physically nauseous. I'm trying to hide the pain as much as possible but I couldn't any longer. That all to familiar feeling struck my core. I was screwed at this point.

~~NOAH~~

     "Do you want to stop and get some food before I drop you off. " I ask looking over at Aurora. I could immediately tell something was wrong. "Woah, are you sure you okay?"

      Her hands where wrapped around her stomach, face red on the verge of tears. She had looked at me as I was trying to focus on the road.

     "Noah I-" she started but that was all she could get out before her body went limp. Out of reflex, with my free hand I catch her head so it didn't hit the dash. I quickly pulled the truck over on the side of the road. My truck was to big to get all the way over but it was good enough. It wasn't that bad of traffic. 

     "No-no-no, you're okay" I panic with her head still in my hand, I unbuckle my seat belt for more room to move. I gently push her up against the back of the seat, reaching over with my other hand to make it lean back.  She didn't buckle her seat belt I noticed, but not worrying because sometimes she forgets.

     "Aurora can you hear me" I tried and call out to her. It seemed like she just fainted. She had come to long enough to answer me with a 'hum' then all at once her body started to convulse.

    "Crap roar, you sure do pick a good time" I sounded a little irritated because I was in an uncomfortable position, knew she was too, to help her. The inside of the truck didn't have much move around space, especially for a seizure. And I couldn't leave her side.

    "You're okay I got you, you're okay roar" I reassure her as her seizure starts to get progressively worst and more violent. I try to hold her on her on her side letting her head hit the soft part on the seat. I've only known her for a year or 2 so her seizures we common to me but they weren't as frequent. So I knew there had to be a cause for it because it doesn't just happened.

     "C'mon love, you gotta slow down for me" I try the center console in my truck was making y body twist and turn in all direction trying to make sure she doesn't hit anything. It was starting to get painful  with the steering wheel pressing against my back.

    I look at her phone which happened to lay facing me on the floor, and she was getting close to the 5 minute mark.  Then she started to slow down. I couldn't help but notice something white under her hoodies which had raised up.  Looking closer it wasn't her a shirt. It was some tissue of some sort.

   "That's it babygirl, you're okay" I distract myself turning my attention back to aurora. I release my grip on her, maneuvering myself to grab a sweatshirt from the back seat to wipe away her drool from her mouth. I let it stay the for she was still coming out of it. Meaning she was still twitching.

   I briefly turn my attention back to the thing under her shirt. Cautiously a little worried about it. I pulled up her hoodie a little bit seeing that it was gauzes'. 'what the heck' I whisper to myself.  I pull more of her hoodie to see it was all the way around her. I couldn't wait for her to come to, to figure out what was wrong. For all I know this could contribute to her seizure.

   Part of it was hanging, so from that part I tried to unraveled it but couldn't get far without turning her around. I found it wasn't tightly wrapped so I just ended up lifting it up. I was met with a raging sight. The out of nowhere aurora moans loudly in pain, shifting, trying to move away. She started going haywire in the postictal state that she was in.

    "Shh shh shh it okay its Noah, you're okay" I try and calm her and she calms down. I felt it was a little safe to lay her back on her back. But the nothing could distract my mind from what I just saw.

   It was burns, bad burns. Something in me just raged, there's no way she would've done this to herself. I cover the burns back up and pull her hoodie down. Making sure she was okay before I started driving again I try and see if she can respond.

   "Aurora, can you hear me?" I wait rubbing my hand against her cheek. She just nodded her head. "Can you say something" She shook her head. I didn't want that to be enough but given where we were. That would do. 

    I didn't feel safe taking her home so I took her to the only place that I knew would be good until she could get better, and to treat her burns. She didn't like hospitals so my mom was the only saving grace in this moment.

Howdy, I decided to write about auroras beginning from my story Where The Sunflower Grows. I feel it was only right to get a glimpse of her life before all the chaos. Hopefully it will give insight and understandment of who she is as a person. It so tragic but as every one knows, the most beautiful things grow in the strangest of places and become seen as the most amazing masterpieces.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

23K 290 53
A WOSO Oneshot book Oneshots of favourite Women's footballers Mainly the Lionesses, Arsenal Women's team,Chelsea Women's team, Man City Women's team...
206K 3.6K 63
Alara Mortello would do anything for her family even if it means being thrust into a marriage with the most ruthless man from their rival gang. Came...
10.4K 676 12
Rude. Dirty. S3x , bad words only in wattpad not public on social media, ⚠️ not for young ⚠️ Writer by : SIE
124K 1.1K 68
boy x boy Little space - self harm (few) - fluff - angst - cursing