Promise

By TigerWooong

All Wooyoung wanted was to get out of this lousy old town, escaping the problems that lie within it. When he... More

02: Car Ride
03: Fear
04: The Leader
05: Hoodie
06: Cold Tears
07: Not a Date
08: Can't Sleep
09: The Snake and The Chain
10: Listen To Me
11: Too Far
12: Safe Place
13: Injury
14: Sector 1
15: The Past
16: A Special Moment
17: Count On Me
18: The Unexpected
19: Maniac
20: By Your Side
21: My Story
22: A Date?
23: Not Too Late
24: Reunion
25: Official
26: Heated
27: Fighter
28: Killer
29: Vampire Blood
30: No More Secrets
31: Double Take
32: Blood On My Hands
33: A Future Reflected On The Past
34: Wash It Away
35: Healing Process
36: Lost In My Mind
37: Closure

01: Meeting

1.2K 34 39
By TigerWooong

Just a few more days, then I'll be able to get out of this hellhole.

The sound of rain pounding against the streets outside was essentially drowned out by the loud music of the crowded club. People cheering, talking, jumping, dancing, flirting, making-out, Wooyoung saw it all in those moments. His calm eyes trailed over numerous hands, watching as alcohol spilled out of glasses creating messes that he knew he'd have to clean up later.

With a tense jaw Wooyoung ran a hand through his dark blue, almost black, hair. His eyes trailed back towards the single large, mostly tinted window towards the front of the building, watching the rain continue to come down harder, creating a curtain that blocked out the road. Yet the door continued to open and close as new people entered, and drunk people left.

Someone approached the bar from the entrance, making Wooyoung snap out of his trance. He tried to put on his best smile, a meaningless flirtatious look painting his features. He had to do whatever was in his capabilities to earn some extra cash, and most people were already put under a trance by his charms anyways, so what was the harm of playing into it?

"Hey handsome, what can I get you?" Wooyoung approached the man who took a seat amongst the many free barstools, most people too consumed with being on the dance floor to sit around at the bar.

The comment obviously took the customer by surprise, as his eyes widened just slightly. Wooyoung merely waited for the man across from him to snap out of his thoughts, smiling slightly as he pulled back the sleeves to his already exposing shirt. Not only was the v-line cut extremely low, but it was nearly see through, which was hard to tell in the darkness of the club, but when the light hit just right basically everything was revealed.

"I-I'll just have a Coke." The man gave his order with a hesitant voice, just barely audible over the music that continued to fill the room.

"Ah, you the designated driver?" Wooyoung tried to make conversation, quickly ducking below the bar to reach for the appropriate can. He resurfaced after grabbing a glass as well, popping the tab and pouring the carbonated drink into the glass, pushing it gently across to the customer with a smile.

"Something like that." The man laughed, eyes forming into crescents as he smiled. He then handed Wooyoung the appropriate amount of money for the drink, the bartender taking it over to the register nearby right afterwards.

Wooyoung had to admit he thought the man was kind of cute. But he diverted his attention to another customer that approached the bar, already in the process of preparing an alcoholic beverage as this person had been ordering the same drink all night. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed the blonde man watching him. A subtle smirk formed on his lips as he handed the customer their drink and added the cost to their tab.

"Like what you see?" Wooyoung returned to the blonde with his question, leaning just slightly against the bar as he spoke.

The man bit his lip shyly, looking away and scratching the back of his head. "You are beautiful, but you probably get that a lot."

Wooyoung chuckled. "I do, but I still appreciate the compliments."

Even with the darker lighting, Wooyoung noticed the blush creep across the mans face.

"Say, who all are you with? You walked in here on your own." Wooyoung questioned, wanting to keep up with this conversation seeing as there was not much else for him to do. And so long as he kept himself busy cleaning glasses or his workspace, his boss wouldn't question it. "Friends get here before you?"

"Uh yeah, they're probably somewhere in the crowd." The man pointed his thumb over his shoulder towards the dance floor, shaking his head a little. "They called me here last minute cause they both got drunk, and they knew I wouldn't be able to just leave them here."

"Hmm, let me guess then." Wooyoung trailed off, looking over the man once more before letting his eyes trail to the crowd. He tried finding some people who gave off similar vibes to the blonde, and felt himself bite his lip just a little. "Tall brunette, and equally as tall green haired guy are your friends?"

Again the blondes eyes widened, taken aback once more by the bartender.

"I'll take that as a yes." Wooyoung smiled to himself, reaching below the bar once more to start preparing two drinks.

"How'd you know that?" The man asked skeptically, but also sounded intrigued. He took a sip from his glass as he watched the bartender.

"Lucky guess." Wooyoung replied cheekily, eyes looking over the blondes shoulder. "But they are both also coming over here, and it seems like they're looking for you."

"Hey. Wooyoung." A loud voice called out from beside the bar, slightly startling the bartender as his eyes looked over and found his boss glaring at him. "Come here."

"Shit." Wooyoung cursed under his breath. He then turned his head and acted as if nothing was wrong, smiling towards his boss. "Let me finish these drinks! I'll be there in a sec."

The woman pointed her finger at Wooyoung, as if warning him to keep to his word.

Quickly Wooyoung finished the simple drinks for the blondes taller friends, hoping they would keep up their pattern and order the same thing they got the last time. He set the two glasses down on the bar, sliding them towards the blonde with an apologetic smile.

"I probably should've cut them off, but those can be on the house." Wooyoung quickly explained, taking a rag and wiping his hands, having spilled some of the drinks on himself from rushing. "Not sure I'll be back, but thanks for the conversation."

The blonde opened his mouth, obviously wanting to say something, but Wooyoung walked away before he could get any words out. Wooyoung didn't turn around, or give any form of acknowledgment to anyone he passed, not even his coworker who was moving to take his place. The other bartender asked for a heads up, but Wooyoung walked by silently, jaw clenched and a mean look in his eyes.

Taking two stairs at a time, Wooyoung was fast to navigate his way through the second floor of the club, where only staff was allowed. Maybe the occasional special customer that an employee brought to their room.

"What?" Wooyoung snapped upon entering his bosses office. He stared down at the woman who simply sat at her desk, looking through files and random papers. "I was in the middle—"

"Here." The woman cut him off, throwing a yellow envelope that was on her desk onto the floor, a few feet before Wooyoung. "That's what you wanted, wasn't it?"

Wooyoung narrowed his eyes, feeling himself getting angry, but suppressed it to the best of his abilities. He crouched down and picked up the envelope, which felt heavier than he anticipated. With a skeptic look he glanced up at his boss, who never looked away from her work, seemingly having no care in him whatsoever.

With a silent sneer Wooyoung opened the envelope, tearing it a bit due to how rough he was being. He tilted his head looking at the contents, pulling out a few papers to look them over a bit better.

"Are you being serious?" Wooyoung stood upright in an instant, his tone mean and suspicious rather than excited. "Just like that?"

The woman looked up with a glare. "Yes. Take it and leave. And don't think about returning."

"Ah, so there was a catch." Wooyoung scoffed, shaking his head as he looked down into the envelope once more. His heart pounding so hard he could hear it in his ears.

"You wanted to leave town, did you not?" The woman sounded accusatory as she stood and slammed her hands down on the table. "Now you have the perfect reason to."

Wooyoung wasn't the slightest bit intimidated by his former boss, they stood at essentially the same height and no matter what look she tried to give, it never made Wooyoung feel it's intended effect. What did scare him was her hand that reached below her desk, and the fact that the music still blasted just beyond the door, despite being a whole floor above the club, making it impossible to tell if it opened or not.

"I don't want to see you anywhere around here again. And you better not double cross us, cause I will know if you do, and ensure that you'll sure as hell regret it." The woman demanded with a raised voice, eyes never leaving Wooyoung's. "You have the resources you requested, which might I remind you, I did not have to provide whatsoever. And seeing as you've worked off your debt and then some, I'm willing to let you leave freely, which is a privilege."

Wooyoung narrowed his eyes, trying to piece things together in his head. He didn't entirely trust the woman's words, because he thought he still had at least a few more weeks of work at the very least. Just as his mouth opened to speak the woman cut him off instead.

"You've worked harder than I ever anticipated, and you would've actually been done about three or four months ago to simply pay off your debt. But since you requested everything in that envelope, I had you work another few months for me." The woman explained with an evil grin, watching as Wooyoung's eyes turned to a harder glare. "You brought in a lot of money for me, and I'll miss that, but I have to say, it'll be even better to have you out of here."

Wooyoung bit his tongue, letting out a sharp breath of air from his nose. His hand crinkled the top of the envelope as he gripped onto it, trying not to loose his cool.

"Well thanks for using me." Wooyoung sneered, turning on his heels to exit the office. "I'll get my things then and you can forget I exist."

"Sounds good to me." The woman returned, the sound of her chair moving against the ground following soon after. "You have an hour to be out of here."

Wooyoung didn't respond as he shut the door behind himself. He let out another heavy breath, quickly refocusing himself and heading in the direction of the room he was allowed to stay in for this past couple years or so. It wasn't anything he liked, and most certainly wasn't something he'd miss, but it was still a place to crash for the few years he's been stuck here.

There was a suitcase already packed upon entering his room, which made him smile and thank himself for never truly unpacking it even after all of this time. Still, he closed the door and leaned against it for a short while, mind working overdrive in those moments. The things he held in his hand would guarantee his life to change course, but it was solely dependent on how he'd use them, selling these things off for immediate money and protection seemed like the most viable option. The question was, who'd he be able to sell them to? Anyone around this general area would just get him tied up in more shit that he didn't want to deal with.

Wooyoung couldn't entirely think about that now, instead he pulled a backpack off the hook on the door and put his remaining belongings within. Just odd pieces of clothing thrown about, his make-up and jewelry off the vanity, along with his wallet and other immediate things as such. He wouldn't bother about the blanket and pillow on the bed, even if his gut told him he should bring it. He didn't like the idea of having something that reeked of alcohol, smoke, and who knows what else directly touching his clothes. Sure, it didn't entirely make sense since he slept on that bed with those things, and the fact that the room simply smells like that to begin with, but in his mind it was just different.

There was a knock at the door which had Wooyoung raising a brow, knowing he still had at least thirty more minutes until he needed to be off the premises. He opened it to find one of his older coworkers looking down at him, making Wooyoung roll his eyes. He never liked this person, to the point Wooyoung never bothered to remember their name, but knew they'd probably try to start trouble.

"Here." The person held out their hand, which Wooyoung looked down at to see a few big dollar bills.

"No thanks, I'm okay. Don't need the fake money." Wooyoung turned his back and grabbed his suitcase, listening to the person scoff and cuss him out under their breath. The action made Wooyoung state in a sarcastic voice, "very mature of you."

"I'm just trying to help you out." They didn't enter the room but they did essentially block the exit. "Just accept it."

"I don't need it." Wooyoung snapped as he turned on his heels. He glared up at the person clad in black as he threw his bag over his shoulders. "Get out of my way. I'm leaving."

"Fine. Be that way Jung." The person stormed off like a child, which again had Wooyoung rolling his eyes.

The sound of the suitcases wheels wasn't heard over the music from downstairs. Not even as Wooyoung opened the door to the fire escape and made his way downstairs, not wanting to bother with going through the club in this state. Plus the alarm system didn't even work the way it was intended to, making the fire escape not trip off anything, therefore it was the easiest way to get outside.

Luckily the rain had stopped for the most part, but that didn't mean that Wooyoung wasn't getting wet, especially as he made it down to the street. His hair was already damp and his see-through shirt clung to his body and revealed even more than before. His dress shoes thumped against the sidewalk, splashing water to the side with each step.

There was quite the ruckus in front of the club, but Wooyoung paid zero mind to it, leaving the drunk people to fend for themselves. Even as what seemed like a fight was about to break out, Wooyoung just walked around the people taking up the entire sidewalk as if it were nothing out of the ordinary, which technically for him, it wasn't.

It wasn't until Wooyoung rounded a corner that a small group of people piqued his interest. Two tall guys stumbled about on the sidewalk, while a peculiar blonde tried to guide them into an open car door. Which was very clearly not working from the way the two drunk guys fought and locked arms with one another.

"Need help?" Wooyoung chuckled as he approached almost silently, taking everyone off guard since they didn't notice him before.

"I'm not sure what you could help with." The blonde man tiredly replied, shaking his head as he backed away, throwing his arms up in defeat. "Last time I try to help them."

Wooyoung again let himself chuckle. He pulled his backpack off his shoulders and placed it on top of his suitcase, leaving it by the back of the car. Deep down he knew he was being way too trusting of this situation, but at this point he followed his intuition, and knew that he didn't exactly have much to lose either.

"Hey! It's that nice bartender." The brunette hiccuped after he spoke, leaning heavily against the other taller man as he pointed a finger at Wooyoung.

It made Wooyoung stifle a smile as he approached. "You both are going to have bad hangovers in the morning from how much you drank. How about you get in the car so your friend can get you both home? Can you guys do that for me?"

The blonde watched in complete awe and shock as the giants entered the car completely on their own. Granted they fell on top of each other as soon as they were seated, they were both in the vehicle nonetheless.

"How the hell did you do that?" The blonde let the words slip past his lips seemingly without thinking them through first.

Wooyoung shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno, I guess I can be pretty persuasive. Do I need to buckle them in too, or can you handle that?"

"No, no I can handle that." The blonde leaned into the car and ensured his friends were safely buckled in. It was relatively easy seeing as they both were essentially passed out by this point.

Wooyoung leaned against the side of the car, watching with a smirk as the blonde ducked back out of the car, practically leading them to be face to face. There was a few moments that passed before Wooyoung stepped away, which caused the blonde to close the car door and move away as well.

"What's with the bags?" The taller questioned, nodding towards Wooyoung's things, sounding both curious and concerned.

"I was fired and kicked out of my room." Wooyoung answered without hesitation, knowing the lie wouldn't hurt. Though it wasn't entirely a lie, it wasn't entirely the truth either. He watched the blondes lips form a frown. "Don't look like that, you look prettier with a smile on your lips."

The blonde scoffed playfully at the comment. "Do you have somewhere to go?"

"I'll figure it out." Wooyoung answered, allowing the conversation to continue as his interest peaked when he held eye contact.

"I can take you back to my place if you want." The taller offered, taking the smallest steps forward which Wooyoung noticed with a sharp eye, but didn't step away.

"Sorry blondie, I don't get into cars with strangers." Wooyoung playfully responded, knowing by now he was probably getting into dangerous territory. But at the same time, something in him didn't quite want him to leave yet.

"Your name is Wooyoung, right?" The blonde asked, making the mentioned hesitate, before remembering that his name was called out previously in front of the taller. Wooyoung nodded his head slowly. "Well my name is San, and I have a spare bed at my place if you're interested."

"What's the catch?" Wooyoung crossed his arms over his chest, eyes narrowing just slightly. "Things like this don't just pop up for free."

"No catch, just a place to sleep for the night to get out of the rain." San retuned, stepping backwards a few paces to then open the passenger side door, raising a questioning brow. "We can talk about it more in the car."

Wooyoung felt his jaw clench up, and something for some reason set off alarm bells in his head. Which he didn't entirely understand, since nothing physically seemed to change about San's demeanor. Still, something was off now, and Wooyoung started to care just a bit more about his safety.

"I appreciate the offer, but I'll have to pass." Wooyoung started stepping away, reaching for his suitcase in the process. He kept his eyes locked with San's as he got a firm grip on the handle, pulling it away from the car with the intention of walking away. "Get home safe."

Wooyoung heard San hum as he moved away from the car and closer towards the buildings on the sidewalk. He averted eye contact to show his intention of leaving, but his ears were still keen on listening to the blonde. Wooyoung became suspicious when he didn't hear the passenger side door to the car close, or any kind of other sign of life from behind him.

He was about to look over his shoulder when he felt the wind being knocked out of his lungs, his head hitting against a brink wall with enough force that should've made him pass out. Wooyoung tried to move but quickly found his arms being pinned down on either side of his head, a body pressed up against his own, making it impossible to move.

"Get off me fucker." Wooyoung sneered, adrenaline coursing through his veins, yet his mind still somehow not processing the amount of danger he could be in. He didn't try to physically resist, or try to scream, instead just let himself be pinned to the wall by the person he's been friendly to all night.

Wooyoung felt himself stiffen as his vision fully cleared again, and he looked into San's eyes, only now instead of that captivating brown, they were bright red. Wooyoung swallowed hard, feeling his breath get caught in his throat as he held eye contact with the eyes of a predator.

"I said we can talk about it more in the car, and that wasn't a suggestion Wooyoung." San's voice was a deeper octave than before, and didn't present any shy demeanor that was given the entire time he spoke before.

"Your friends vampires too?" Wooyoung sneered, narrowing his eyes as he began to try and fight back. He had to admit, he felt himself begin to smirk seeing the shock in those red eyes, but held back for his own safety. "Yeah, I know what you are. Don't act so surprised."

Wooyoung's eyes then flashed purple, a clear warning sign. He felt a surge of strength course through his body, but it was nowhere near enough to combat a vampire. How it has always been, forcing Wooyoung to rely on visuals and empty threats rather than his physical capabilities. But even then, deep down, he knew it wasn't enough to fool a vampire.

"Well I'd ask how you know, but that gives me my answer." San chuckled, pushing Wooyoung's wrists further into the brick when he felt him struggle more. "To answer your question, yes they are. Yunho, the one with the greenish hair color, he's pure so to speak. He turned Mingi, the brunette, many years ago when they got together, and they've been inseparable since."

"By choice or by bond?" Wooyoung muttered under his breath, knowing very well the comment was heard loud and clear. "Listen, I want none of this vampire shit. I didn't even realize you were a vampire up until now, so that's by all means not why I've been so nice to you all night. Just let me—"

"Want none of this vampire shit?" San mocked with a sarcastic laugh, he leaned his head in further to Wooyoung's, lowering his voice to a whisper. "Baby, do you even realize the color your pretty eyes turned into? I think this vampire shit is more of your concern than you're letting on."

"Don't baby me." Wooyoung sternly spoke, leaning his head as far back into the brick as possible, while also trying to make sure his neck wouldn't be too revealed. Which he was already at a loss at due to the nature of the shirt he wore. "And I am very aware of the color my eyes turned into, but I would like for you to become aware that I am the furthest thing from a vampire hunter. Can you please take note of the predicament we're currently in? Cause I sure as hell don't have the strength or speed to combat you, and yes I am fully aware of this and am acknowledging it aloud. And again, I didn't even realize you were a vampire, or that there were vampires in the area. Sure, I have the very basic mental skills of a hunter and my eyes can change to some shade of purple, but that's about it from me. I'm essentially just like any other human, I pose absolutely no threat to you. And again, I'd appreciate it if you'd just let me the fuck go."

The vampire tilted his head to the side, similar to a curious puppy.

"A vampire hunter that doesn't hunt vampires...interesting." San leaned back a little, his head at least, as his body still successfully trapped Wooyoung to the wall. Definitely not giving enough room to try to escape. "You sure have the personality of a hunter, I'll give you that. Just not the physical attributions to it."

Wooyoung rolled his eyes, growing annoyed.

"You should get your friends back to wherever you live, and just leave me alone." Wooyoung lowered his voice and again tried to shake out of San's hold, to no avail of course. "Whatever you're thinking, better stop it. Cause you sure as hell aren't—"

"San! There you are." An unfamiliar voice called out from down the street, drawing both the mentioned and Wooyoung's attention. "What the hell is going on here?"

Wooyoung's eyes trailed up and down the new taller blonde, and because his senses were on such high alert right now, he could tell that this person was also a vampire just from looking at him. Just great.

"Can you take Mingi and Yunho back? I'm in the middle of something." San turned his attention back to Wooyoung as he spoke, not giving any care towards this newcomer.

Meanwhile Wooyoung was looking between the vampire pinning him down and the vampire that was more confused than before.

"They're already in the car Seonghwa, here's the keys." San very quickly took one of his hands off Wooyoung, reaching into his back pocket and throwing a set of keys towards the taller.

In that moment though all Wooyoung thought of was to take that opportunity, no matter how stupid it might've actually been. With his arm no longer pinned down he reached forwards and punched the blonde in the neck, taking him by surprise and having him stumbling for a moment, loosening his grip on Wooyoung's other arm.

Wooyoung made use of the small space and brought his knee upwards, making it painfully collide with San's lower region which had him completely backing away. His eyes then darted to this Seonghwa person who was marching forward with unknown intentions.

Wooyoung quickly retrieved his things, moved away from the wall, and put his suitcase between himself and the vampires.

"Don't come any closer to me bloodsucker." Wooyoung sneered, finding himself taking large steps backwards to make up for the ones Seonghwa was taking forwards.

"I thought he'd be useful to us. But he's a lot more difficult than I anticipated." San spoke out with a weaker voice, trying to stand upright as he explained to the taller blonde. His red eyes trailed over to Wooyoung's no sooner after.

"Useful?" Seonghwa questioned, stopping beside San to ensure he was okay while also eyeballing Wooyoung.

"He's a hunter that isn't really a hunter." San explained with a wince when Seonghwa put a harsh hand on his shoulder. "Ow, wait, let me finish explaining." He shoved Seonghwa off of him, glaring up at the taller. "Hongjoong needs someone like him for what he want to achieve. And I think it could work out...he's a nobody, no one would miss him if he disappeared."

Run.

Wooyoung's head was blaring red alarms, waving flags, sounding sirens, anything and everything in him telling him to flee. But his curiosity would be his downfall.

"Is this some kind of job you're trying to recruit me for?" Wooyoung kept up with his sassy comments, making sure to keep a keen eye on both vampires across from him. He also listened behind him pretty closely, ensuring no one would sneak up on him. "Seriously?"

"Genuinely speaking, I think he wants you more for personal pleasure." Seonghwa sneered while sending a disapproving look towards the other vampire. "There's no way in hell Hongjoong would allow him in our base."

"Base? What are you guys, some kind of vampire gang?" Wooyoung meant for his statement to be pure sarcasm, but the looks on both of the blondes faces told him he was actually right with that thinking. "What the hell have I been dragged into?"

"I'll offer it once again, you can have a spare room for the night, and we can talk some things out." San spoke slowly, his eyes slightly returning back to their brown, the red lingering behind just enough to be noticeable. "You won't be hurt, unless if you're into that and ask for it. And I swear that no one would try to take any blood from you."

Wooyoung felt his jaw tighten, his feet rocking on the cement. The rain seemed to be picking up again, and he didn't know if it was because of the rain or the fact he was being held by a a vampire moments prior, regardless he was freezing. It was true too, he couldn't even deny it, he didn't have anywhere else to stay, had no friends, family, no where to return to, he wouldn't be missed.

He thought back to the envelope in his backpack, and the potential gang leader this Hongjoong might be, and the chance of him being able to sell those files increased. And if these vampires decided to double cross him instead, well at least he didn't have much to lose.

"Promise me that last part, and then we'll have a deal." Wooyoung let the words fall off his lips after many reckless thoughts. He looked over his shoulder briefly to check and see if no one was approaching, since the now heavy rain made it impossible to hear anything from a distance.

San took a few hesitant steps forward, reaching out a hand with his pinky raised. "I promise I'll ensure that no one would attempt to take your blood, and I'll control myself too."

Wooyoung stared at the vampires pinky for a few moments, finding it childish that this was the way he'd ensure that the deal was upheld. There was a strange feeling in his gut as he locked eye contact with the vampire once more. With a heavy sigh, Wooyoung reached out, interlocking his pinky with San's.

Maybe he gave in too easily, maybe he was falling into some trap, maybe he should've just ran when he had the chance, or maybe he should've just kept walking before this whole ordeal even started and went along with his life. But what's done is done, what mattered now was what could become of this. And Wooyoung found it hard to try and think about how many outcomes there could be, and which one was more likely to happen. After all he truly had no idea what he was getting himself into.

Definitely not how I thought this night was going to turn out. But I guess this is happening now.

And why does he have to be so goddamn attractive?

...

For fucks sake Wooyoung, he's a vampire and attacked you...though I guess he didn't exactly hurt you, still, get it under control!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 782 20
Everyone in the world is born with a lock mark and their soulmate has a key mark. But some are born with heart shaped marks. These ones don't have...
6.6K 222 11
vampire /ˈvampʌɪə/ (in European folklore) a corpse supposed to leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living by biting their necks with l...
716 54 8
His red eyes stared at the tied up boy. Stared into his soul. Filled with a desire that only Yeosang could satisfy. Only him, with his body. Seonghw...
3.5K 410 25
Seonghwa was just a simple guy trying to have some fun in a bar on a Friday night. He didn't expect there to be live music, nor to be captivated by t...