FORBIDDEN: The Stowaway PART...

By alyssamilani

Zay is held captive by the VP, Riggs, of the motorcycle club Snakes because her ex-boyfriend, Adam Lovett, ow... More

Chapter One - Zay
Chapter Two - Riggs
Chapter Three - Zay
Chapter Four - Riggs
Chapter Five - Zay
Chapter Six - Riggs
Chapter Seven - Zay
Chapter Eight - Riggs
Chapter Nine - Zay
Chapter Ten - Riggs
Chapter Eleven - Zay
Chapter Twelve - Riggs
Chapter Thirteen - Zay
Chapter Fourteen - Riggs
Chapter Fifteen - Zay
Chapter Sixteen - Riggs
Chapter Seventeen - Zay
Chapter Eighteen - Riggs
Chapter Nineteen - Zay
Chapter Twenty - Riggs
Chapter Twenty-One - Zay
Chapter Twenty-Two - Riggs
Chapter Twenty-Three - Zay
Chapter Twenty-Four - Riggs
Chapter Twenty-Five - Zay
Chapter Twenty-Six - Riggs
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Zay
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Riggs
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Zay
Chapter Thirty - Riggs
Chapter Thirty-Two
Epilogue - Peter
And the journey continues...

Chapter Thirty-One - Zay

342 8 0
By alyssamilani

Shit.

Fuck.

Shit.

Fuck.

Shit.

Repeat.

We approach the barn and I'm already shaking. This is my ending and I never thought I'd go out like this. I envisioned a life for myself.

A happy life with someone to love me.

Adam. I envisioned my life with him. The two of us. Maybe a couple of kids. We'd grow old together. Live in a condo by the water. Just the two of us. My end would come when I'm old and gray. Not now. Not while I'm still so young.

I whimper, keeping my head down as we approach the barn doors and Lip swings them open.

Adam is there with Banks, two duffel bags at his feet. He looks like he's been crying.

"Zay!" he calls, trying to get to me but Crew takes hold of my arm.

"You got the money?" Crew asks, squeezing my arm so tightly I feel my pulse beat against his grip.

Adam tosses the duffle bags forward, pointing at them. "Added a little extra. And if you want more, I can get you more. Just let her go."

Crew snorts, letting out a chuckle and turning to his men behind him. "More, huh?"

Adam nods, staring at me. And I can't help it. I'm crying again, wincing from the hold Crew has on my arm and crying. I'm done with all of this. "Whatever you want, I can get. Just, please." Adam furrows his brow. "Let her go."

With a sigh, Crew tosses me on the ground, missing the bags by inches. I don't look back, I scramble to my feet as Adam lifts me, squeezing me tightly and kissing my face.

"Are you okay? Oh, babe, I'm sorry," he whispers.

I grip his shirt, sobbing into it. I have no words. Nothing to say that can assure him I'm fine.

Because I'm not.

I won't be fine until I know this isn't the end of the road for me.

He winces when I wrap my arms around his waist. "You okay?" I whisper.

"When they took you they kicked me a bunch." He burrows his face in my hair. "I'm okay." He breathes me in. "I'm okay."

Crew looks at his men and smirks.

Riggs and Peter glance at each other, then at the men who start circling around us.

Guns are pulled from the holsters. The back of their jeans. Their ankles.

I knew this was too good to be true.

Adam moves me behind him, frowning at Crew and Peter. "You said you'd let us go!"

"I know." Crew shrugs, chuckling as his men surround us. "I lied."

Riggs grits his teeth, stepping forward and pulling on Crew's shoulder. "Hey. They're innocent in all this. Let them go."

Crew cackles, nudging his head at Peter. "Innocent, huh? She almost killed your brother."

"But she didn't," Peter says, staring at Adam and me. "You promised, Crew. Swore it to me and my daddy." He points at the bags. "We have more than enough money in there to last us the year. If we want more, we'll shake them down for more. But right now, let's go."

Crew stares at me peeking over Adam's shoulder. He clicks his tongue and looks back at Peter and Riggs, Lip smirking beside them. "Well, I guess since I promised your daddy."

Laughter moves around us, taunting us with their demonic gazes.

Adam's grip on me tightens, his body is stiff and his breathing is so shaky that I hold onto him so he has that sense of calm.

I look back and see Judas standing there, tilting his head to the side in a sympathetic, forgiving way.

Nothing is forgiving about this.

Riggs looks at me, his jaw tense, fists clenched. I'd hate to see him sad. Big guy like him is always so angry.

I don't think he has a sympathetic bone in his body.

Maybe one. And I used it for a week.

He grabs Crew by the leather vest he's wearing, towering over him. I can't make out what he's saying. I don't think anyone can. It's quiet and growled between his gritted teeth.

But it's enough to alarm the people around us.

Banks and Judas make their way over, as do a couple of the other guys nearby.

Adam and I are alone and can make a run for it. I just can't walk well enough to do that. He looks around us and brings me back to his chest, kissing my head and cradling it. "Are you okay?" My lower lip quivers and I can't even look at him before I begin to sob, dropping my head on his chest. "It's okay, babe. It's okay."

"It's not," I whisper, looking up at him. "This whole thing is so fucked-up."

He smooths out my hair, leaving a soft kiss on my lips. "I know."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I tried, but I didn't know how. Peter and I go way back, my dad worked for his club. But I didn't know about Lillian. I didn't know he killed her until after I met you. And when I visited him at the hospital, I didn't know if was you who did it. We had just met." He sniffs. "I'm kept in the dark about the club. Seems like I'm kept in the dark about a lot."

I wince, gripping his shirt. "I loved you."

"Do you still?"

"Do you?"

He kisses me again. "I never stopped. I tried to leave you so you'd be safe. To push you away from this bullshit. But they were coming after you no matter what I did." He uses the pad of his thumbs to wipe away my tears. "I love you, Zaynab. I'll never stop, even if you don't love me."

I kiss him, gripping his shirt, and pulling him closer to me. "Of course, I do. And I'm sorry I didn't say it enough—"

Shots fire, one, two, three before Adam pushes us to the ground, using his body to protect mine.

But it's too late, I've been shot.

My breathing wavers.

Gasping.

Adam looks down at my chest and pushes his hand onto it.

It hurts so much.

But I'm too in shock to react.

I'm too shocked to move.

I gasp for breaths, keeping my focus on his face.

Trying to memorize its beauty before I close my eyes.

They're getting heavy.

"No, no, no, no, no," Adam sobs. "Baby! Zay! Babe, keep your eyes open, okay? Just look at me—" He turns his head and yells. "Get the fucking car, Peter! We have to get her to the hospital."

Adam's bleeding, too. His white t-shirt is covered in blood, leaking down his arm.

I try to reach for it and touch his wound like he is mine. But I can't move my arms. They're heavy at my sides. Weighted.

More shots are fired and Adam collapses on top of me, protecting me from the blow. "It's okay, Zay. I promise." His gaze bores into my eyes. "I love you."

My gasps are shorter now, I feel lighter.

Tired.

So damn tired.

Riggs comes to a running halt at my side, tossing his gun and tapping my face. "Zay? Zay, keep your eyes open, okay?"

Adam whimpers, pushing harder on my chest. "She's going to make it."

Riggs keeps his focus on me. That darkness in his eyes is gone. They're tearing up, turning red. But the darkness.

It's finally gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 8.4K 19
While on the run from her abusive husband, Margo is saved from the rain by a tall scary yet sexy man with a motorcycle and a patch. With no questions...
109K 4.5K 18
HIS Book Series #2: Don't have to read the series in order! :) Cage is the president of a well feared gang called the King Cobras. He is twenty-eight...
24K 734 40
Jace Kingston is president of a notorious outlaw MC, the Furious Basterds, and a single father with three little girls to raise by himself. Addy is a...
785K 15K 26
They had known each other forever, she was his younger sister's best friend, hell he had viewed her as another little sister. He was the bad boy, the...