When You Leave

By Valentine2085

Anakin Skywalker is not exactly beloved in the Jedi order. but even he didn't think they would seemingly aban... More

Chapter 1: The Development
Chapter 2: Arrested
Chapter 3: Reactions
Chapter 4: Brother
Chapter 5: Investigation - Part I
Chapter 6: Investigation - Part II
Chapter 7: Judgement
Chapter 8: Backlash
Chapter 9: Pre-Trial
Chapter 10: Revelations
Chapter 11: Confrontation
Chapter 12: Exoneration
Chapter 13: The Decision
Chapter 14: Conspiracy
Chapter 15: The Unraveling
Chapter 16: Inoculation
Chapter 17: Padme's Ruminations
Chapter 18: Complications
Chapter 19: Showdown
Chapter 21: The Order Reborn
Chapter 22: Finale

Chapter 20: Aftermath

212 2 3
By Valentine2085

Anakin deactivated his lightsaber.

It was over.

Well, almost.

He hoped Thire hadn't gotten that last message, please don't.

Mace held a hand over his left eye as everyone deactivated their lightsabers.

"It...is done."

Depa walked over to him with worry.

"Mace, are you alright?"

"I'm fine Depa, really."

Yoda shook his head.

"Medical attention, you require. As do you, master Di."

Mace shook his head in disagreement.

"Really I'm fine."

Yoda sighed in annoyance.

"Very stubborn, you are."

Anakin grinned.

"Hey, you finally agree with me on that."

Though he quickly noticed his master coming to near the wall, and rushed over to help him up.

"You alright master?"

Obi-Wan nodded, trying to steady himself.

"Oh, yes, I'm quite alright."

He noticed Sidious' body.

"I assume we have won?"

Plo nodded.

"So it would seem."

Anakin's comlink device beeped and he answered.

"Skywalker here."

"General, thank the force."

Rex? Why was he calling? Don't get him wrong, Rex is a good friend, and like a sibling, but this was odd.

"Rex, why are you..."

Rex sounded urgent, yet calm.

"No time sir. Me and some of the 501st are set up around the Jedi temple, along with some of the 212th, 41st, and 139th. Sergeant Kano reports they've spotted the Coruscant guard ascending up to the temple. Listening in on radio chatter, they report Jedi masters Mira Wurhui and Shadday Potkin were both killed."

Anakin frowned, feeling frustrated.

"Crap."

"What do we do sir? Shoot to kill? Though I really don't want to do that."

Anakin shook his head.

"No Rex, tell all men to set their weapons to stun. We don't want to kill anyone, just try and knock em all out so we can get their chips removed afterwards."

Rex sounded almost relieved.

"Very good sir, I'll spread the word."

The call ended.

Shaak Ti walked over, a look of concern on her face.

"What has happened?"

Well, that question got answered.

The door of the office opened, and members of the Coruscant guard came in, weapons drawn.

They opened fire, as all Jedi ignited their lightsabers to protect themselves.

Obi-Wan used one opportunity to force push a couple of the clones into the wall, knocking them out.

Yoda and Anakin also did this, thus rendering the rest unconscious.

Anakin turned to Obi-Wan.

"Any battalion available to come deal with their chips?"

Yaddle chimed in.

"The 36th elite is available, I'll have commander Greyhound send in units to take care of them."

Yoda was about to speak, when his comlink went off, so he answered.

The automated voice came through loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Attention. Attention. The Jedi temple on Coruscant is currently under attack. All Jedi present at the temple please adhere to precautions and emergency measures put in place by the Jedi high council. Any Jedi present off-world at this time is to return to Coruscant immediately, repeat, immediately."

The message ended.

Yoda hummed in thought before turning to Mace.

"Back to the temple, I will go. Ensure the defenses hold and that all members of the Coruscant guard are subdued, I will."

Depa nodded.

"I'll go with you master."

Shaak Ti agreed.

"As will I."

Plo turned to Mace.

"I shall accompany Mace and Ima-Gun to a nearby medical facility."

Anakin thought, this office had to have something.

He could've sworn he'd seen sith artifacts here, hidden in plain sight. He hadn't thought much of them at first, but now, it was evidence.

"I'll stay here, and investigate the office."

Obi-Wan nodded to that.

"I will as well."

Yaddle also chimed in.

"So will I."

Quinlan turned to Fox, trying to comfort him.

"I'll stay too, I know there's gotta be more here we can use in the Senate."

Everyone nodded, and split up.

Yoda, Depa, and Shaak Ti headed back to the temple.

Plo, Mace, and Ima-Gun headed to a medical facility.

And Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yaddle, and Quinlan stayed behind to investigate the office.

Fox opted to assist, which Quinlan was reluctant about, feeling he needed medical attention, but gave in.

Yaddle and Obi-Wan lined up the fallen masters and knights, and used a nearby curtain to cover up the bodies.

(Idk if there are curtains, but isn't it rude to just leave the bodies there and not do anything?)

Anakin looked over the desk, and started looking through call logs, while Quinlan and Fox did the same in the private office.

Obi-Wan looked at those artifacts, clearly wondering how they'd missed them being Sith objects.

Anakin came across a recorded message, when the holograms appeared, Palpatine was speaking with Dooku.

"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Sidious hummed.

"I have a plan, for the war's near end."

Dooku looked curious.

"The plan?"

Sidious cackled.

"I will give you the different routes you can take to get to Coruscant airspace. The Separatists shall launch a surprise invasion of the planet. The Republic will be caught too far off guard, and that's when you will send Grievous down to the planet surface, and he shall kidnap the Supreme Chancellor."

Sidious laughed at this.

"The Republic can then either surrender, or their beloved leader shall be...disposed of, and then the Senate and the Jedi temple will both be leveled, and the Separatists will have their victory."

Dooku nodded.

"A great plan master, I trust you will still be...

"Oh, I will still be very much in control."

The recording ended.

Well, one thing they had, plus the artifacts. The lightsabers, one was lost and the other was now missing after flying out the window. Maybe they could find it later.

Yaddle came over.

"Hm, do you think this invasion will still occur?"

Obi-Wan shook his head as he stroked his beard.

"I doubt it highly, they have no reason to invade the planet with Sidious now dead."

Quinlan and Fox reentered the room.

"Any luck?"

Quinlan crossed his arms over his chest.

"Multiple recordings of his transmissions with Dooku, Gunray, and other Separatists leaders. You?"

"A recording of a transmission between him and Dooku, plotting an attack on Coruscant."

Quinlan hummed but said nothing.

Anakin frowned.

"We still have little."

Fox stepped forwards.

"Not quite."

Anakin raised a brow.

"How so?"

Fox reached up beside his helmet, pulling off a video recording device, which he'd hidden on the side of his helmet.

"When I confronted him, he confessed everything, about being behind the creation of the clone army, the clone wars, and of trying to manipulate general Skywalker against the Jedi to become his new apprentice. It's all there, hopefully."

He gave it to Quinlan who looked surprised and proud.

"Foxy, you really are something else."

Fox sighed.

"Quinlan..."

Vos clearly expected to be ridiculed, but was surprised when he got hugged instead.

"Uh...Fox?"

"I'm just glad you got here."

Obi-Wan had a knowing smirk, as he nodded.

"Not that you two aren't adorable, but, I do believe we have a Senate to address."

Vos nodded, but opted to return Fox's rather unexpected hug.

Greyhound and members of the 36th elite came in shortly after, taking the unconscious clones to a medical facility to get their chips removed.

While Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yaddle, Quinlan, and Fox went to the Senate, which was apparently in a state of chaos for whatever reason.

"How dare you accuse the Chancellor of such things!"

"The nerve you have, senator Amidala!"

"She should be arrested immediately!"

Anakin and Obi-Wan got in a Senate pod, and went to address the Senate.

Mas Amedda was in the pod in the center of the chambers, looking both angry and tired.

He saw the Jedi and relaxed.

"Please be silent, Jedi masters Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi will now address the Senate."

The senators stopped bickering and went silent, letting them speak.

Though Anakin let Obi-Wan do the talking, mostly because he was the negotiator.

Obi-Wan had argued he was not brave enough for politics, but Anakin thought he was a natural.

Obi-Wan cleared his throat.

"Thank you Mas Amedda. Now, a recent situation has occurred which forces us to bring things to light."

Senator Dod frowned, but sounded curious.

"What things?"

Obi-Wan grinned a bit.

"I thought you'd be the one to ask. To answer your question, we bring grave news. Chancellor Palpatine was a Sith lord, and the one who began the Clone Wars."

Then chaos again.

"How dare you Jedi! Thinking you're so high and mighty!"

"This is treason!"

Though senator Kayleen's pod came out beside them.

"Where is the Chancellor though?"

Obi-Wan sighed.

"Chancellor Palpatine is dead, killed by members of the Jedi council in a duel."

Then gasps of shock and more yelling.

"Treason! The Jedi must die!"

"Why would you?!"

Mas Amedda raised a hand to silence them.

"Calm down please. It seems new evidence has been brought to my attention."

He pressed some buttons, and a short recording played.

Palpatines voice filled with fear and desperation.

"Help! Someone! Murder! Treason!"

It continued a little longer.

"Help me! Someone! The Jedi are trying to kill me!"

Then it ended, and more chaos erupted.

Lott Dod, of course, spoke up first.

"This is proof as day the Jedi are trying to overthrow the Republic! Issue that the clone army is to exterminate them immediately!"

Obi-Wan noted how oddly pleased Mas Amedda looked.

Bryana interjected though.

"Surely the Jedi would not..."

"Of course they would! The recording speaks for itself, senator Kayleen. How else would you explain it?"

Bryana frowned at Mas Amedda.

"Maybe because he was a Sith lord who was plotting the Jedi order's destruction while in office?"

More chaos, some calling for senator Kayleen to be arrested for treason now, but the senator from Earth seemed more annoyed then anything.

Obi-Wan however calmly held up a hand.

"Would everyone please listen, there are more recordings."

Senator Organa chimed in now.

"More?"

"Yes."

Obi-Wan promptly punched in some numbers, and began inserting the recordings into a slot in the pod, and one by one, they played.

Everyone fell silent as they listened to the recording of Palpatine, the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, plotting an attack on Coruscant, and staging his own kidnapping.

They all gasped when it was Dooku he was speaking to.

Then the other recordings, Palpatine speaking to Separatists leaders, senators Po Nudo and Lott Dod implicated as well.

Both senators tried to escape, but several Senate guards caught them both before they could escape the chambers.

Senator Burtoni was also implicated, somewhat, mainly for being aware of those inhibitor chips in the clone's heads, but she too was arrested.

Mas Amedda was also implicated, as the two Senate guards on either side of him placed him under arrest.

Then they watched the recording Fox had gotten.

Watching and listening as Palpatine all but confessed to being the Sith lord, Darth Sidious, and the one who orchestrated the Clone Wars.

Also confessing he created the clone army not for the Republic, but to ultimately destroy the Jedi order.

Then they saw Palpatine use Sith lightning on Fox, as the latter collapsed and screamed.

Then, they saw the Jedi, Vos and Yoda at first, then the others who were there.

Vos checking over him to ensure he was alright, then comforting him.

Then Yoda speaking to Palpatine.

They all gasped as Palpatine claimed he was the senate, then soon after igniting his lightsaber.

"It's treason, then."

Then the duel.

They watched as the sith lord cut down the Martinez siblings, then Saesee Tiin, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Stass Allie.

Yoda and Yaddle dueling the sith lord, as Obi-Wan got knocked out of the fight.

Then master Windu arriving with aid, and Anakin, then all of them joining the duel.

Master Di getting his right hand amputated, but being saved by Depa. Then Mace getting his left eye cut through, but still being able to knock Sidious off balance, him losing one saber out the window, as Anakin cut the other lightsaber, and later killed the Sith lord.

Then after all that ended, more chaos, only now it wasn't directed at the Jedi.

"So the Jedi saved us all?!"

"I knew you were one of the enemy, Lott Dod!"

"Mas Amedda was a stupid puppet to that sith!"

"We could have avoided war!"

Bryana turned her attention to them all.

"Everyone, please listen. I understand exactly how you all feel, and if you agree, I'd like to propose we offer a ceasefire to the Separatists alliance, as it is clear that we have both been played by Sidious."

Senator Mina Tills seemed to agree.

"All in favor?"

Surprisingly, the vote was unanimous, everyone agreed a ceasefire was in order, and after that, perhaps a peace treaty.

Padme chimed in thoughtfully.

"My friend Mina Bonteri is still in the Separatists Senate, I could send this to her, she could show it to the Separatists' Senate, and they may very well be swayed."

Bryana agreed.

"Sounds like a plan."

Senator Tills then looked very thoughtful as she then suddenly said...

"We require a new Supreme Chancellor, effective immediately, as well as a second in command. Therefore, all in favor of senator Bryana Kayleen as our new Chancellor?"

It was again unanimous, everyone agreeing.

Senator Tills continued.

"As for a second in command, a vice chairman or chairwoman, or vice Chancellor, we'll put it to an actual vote. Please submit your nominations for that position."

After a few minutes, noms were in.

The nominees for the second in command were, unsurprisingly, Padme, Bail, Mon Mothma, and Chuchi.

Chuchi expressed she'd rather remain in her current post, and Padme expressed the same, so that ruled them both out.

Senator Tills gestured to the two remaining candidates.

"Now we shall vote for the second in command, majority rules."

Everyone nodded and began voting.

"Who do you think will get it?"

Obi-Wan hummed at Anakin's question.

"Either way is a good choice, though I confess I'd like to see women take control for once."

Anakin smirked.

"So you are kind of a feminist."

Obi-Wan shrugged.

"Perhaps, but I have been a strong supporter of several bills passed by Padme and Chuchi pertaining to women's rights."

Anakin shook his head.

"Politics are so not my thing."

Obi-Wan chuckled.

"Mine neither, Anakin."

After a moment, all votes were in.

Senator Tills read the result.

"Hm, it seems were are at a draw. Is there anyone yet to vote?"

Everyone voiced 'no', all votes were in.

Senator Tills thought for a moment, before she got an idea.

"It seems we require a new senator for Kamino."

She smiled a bit, looking towards Fox.

"Commander Fox, you have already done such a great service to the Republic by getting that footage and helping reveal the truth, if it's not too much to ask, would you like to take on the position of senator for Kamino?"

Fox, who had his helmet off by now, looked surprised, but composed himself and seemed determined.

"I...I would be honored, senator Tills. It gives me a chance to actually help my brothers."

Senator Tills smiled genuinely and nodded.

"I understand what you mean. With that being said, which candidate do you vote for?"

Fox thought for a moment.

"Well, both are perfect options, so maybe a third in command too?"

Mina thought on that suggestion.

"You may be right, having the power split between them more may be wiser."

Bryana hummed.

"Well, perhaps Vice Chancellor, and chief diplomat?"

Mina agreed with the suggestion.

"Lovely."

Fox then gave his reply.

"I would have said Mon Mothma. I mean both are perfect like I said, it's just she has helped me out in a couple situations."

Mina nodded.

"Then it is decided. Everyone please welcome our new senator for Kamino, clone commander Fox."

Everyone applauded.

"As well as our new Supreme Chancellor, now former senator of Earth, Bryana Kayleen. Then former senator of Chandrila, Vice Chancellor Mon Mothma, and former senator for Aldeeran, Chief Diplomat Bail Organa."

The applause continued.

It was honestly funny how the Senate went from how it was earlier, to the current situation now, and again, Anakin knew politics was not his scene.

.
.
.
.
.

While everything was playing out in the Senate, good news at the Jedi temple.

The defenses at the temple held, and there were no casualties.

Some injuries, but all of them minor.

All members of the Coruscant guard were subdued and taken to multiple different medical facilities on the planet to get their chips removed.

One obvious exception being Fox, who did go get his chip removed after the Senate session, but there was no need to subdue him given he wasn't under the influence of order 66.

Other than that, order 66 was a clear and total failure, and thankfully the Jedi would live another day.

However, despite calls for a treaty, the war was not officially over yet, but time would tell if the Clone Wars was at its end.

*Not how I expected that to go, but I can't argue with the result.

Obviously I had to get rid of certain senators, but I hadn't planned on turning Fox into one. Oh well, I like the idea of a clone senator, I didn't like Halle Burtoni anyway.

Again y'all, I promise I'll come up with a way to kill Tarkin off, if you have any ideas on how to do that, then please let me know, I consider everything, 🙂, wow, my evil side again...

Oh, I forgot I have to reveal Rex's love interest, I'll see if I can possibly do that next chapter, given I have to also reveal the new Jedi code.

Maybe said person drops in to check on their boyfriend? 😏😏😏, I know, I'm being so dramatic and suspenseful, so just get on with it, lol.

*Also, I know a past chapter saw authority for Palpatine to issue order 66 be taken away, the basic explanation is that the Coruscant guard is programmed to be unconditionally loyal to the Chancellor's orders, even if they don't like him or whatever order is given.

Ok, next chapter we are back at the Jedi temple, and we'll finally get the new Jedi code revealed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 49 15
One small change can have drastic consequences. Unexpectedly cast out of the Order, Anakin stumbles upon a strange machine which casts him into anoth...
1.5K 49 5
Unexpected visions of a possible future which are granted to a select handful, throw the Jedi Order into chaos. Anakin is arrested and imprisoned, th...
2.3K 78 5
An accident drops Vader into Obi-Wan's backyard on Tatooine. Literally. With Sidious dead, he can bring his family back together. Perhaps, he can eve...
1.6K 48 13
Shot down on Ryloth by rebels, Vader and Sidious quickly discover a far more serious threat than the other insurgents: a Fallen Obi-Wan, determined t...