Assassin Farmer

By K_A_R_E_N_4

Su Shuilian was the first legitimate daughter of a renowned embroidery family, but she was murdered by her je... More

Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
EXTRA 1-5
EXTRA 6-10
EXTRA 11
EXTRA 12

Chapter 56-60

792 21 1
By K_A_R_E_N_4

Chapter 56: In Love and Inseparable

NSFW warning~

Su Shuilian's sudden change to a healthy physique was of course attributed to her discovery of the Jade Fairy's Essence. Although she had only taken two small sips, it was enough to alter her previously weak body.

And as for the rest of the Jade Fairy's Essence in the small gourd that she had collected, it was placed at the bottom of the coat box. After all, there was no guarantee that maybe someday she wouldn't need it again...

After placing the bowls on the table, Su Shuilian walked to the cabinet to take out a jar of pickled cucumbers and radishes, placing some on a small blue and white dish. These pickled dishes were made by Su Shuilian after Aunt Lao had taught her.

Right before autumn, a large amount of tomatoes, cucumbers, and crisp melons were harvested from the southern courtyard garden. All of these fresh vegetables could not be finished in a short amount of time and also could not be left for a long time. She was in a dilemma before Aunt Lao came with Xicui to chat/gossip and had casually mentioned pickling them.

Oh yeah! Su Shuilian's eyes brightened. She was very excited and requested Aunt Lao to teach her how to pickle the vegetables.

As one of the most capable poniang of Fan Hua Town, Aunt Lao was able to teach her multiple different ways of pickling vegetables, such as using rice vinegar, soy sauce, salt solution, or even bean paste. In short, it was enough for Su Shuilian to use to make all sorts of pickled vegetables from the harvested tomatoes, cucumbers, and crisp melons.

And during late autumn, a large amount of radishes were harvested from the southern courtyard garden. Su Shuilian had picked out a few to be made into pickled radish in osmanthus sauce.

Of course, Su Shuilian contributed greatly in making these vegetables, from relaying the instructions, and occasionally passing over tools, jars, and such. The manual labor, or activities that could cause injuries, such as chopping, cutting, carving, soaking, marinating, and storing, were all done by Lin Si Yao.

He would not allow her to touch cold water, not allow her to hold a knife, not allow her to stain herself.... In short, there were thousands of "not alloweds".

However, the pickled radish dish's scented osmanthus were personally picked and dried by her.

"Did you come up with this yourself?" After taking a few bites of the Shijin rice, Lin Si Yao suddenly broke the quiet atmosphere.

"Yes, is it not good?" Su Shuilian halted her movements and set her chopsticks down as she shyly looked up and explained, "I have eaten this before and knew what ingredients were needed to make this dish. I just didn't know the proportions or the right amount of heat needed to make it."

"Idiot, it's delicious." Lin Si Yao smiled and replied, "I have never eaten this type of rice before and was just curious." He never knew rice could be used to make this type of dish. Peas, corn kernels, diced carrots, diced cucumbers, diced tofu, and bacon, along with rice; with a variety of colors, it was both visually appealing and appetizing.

This was one of the traditional staple foods of Yangzhou (prefecture level city in Jiangsu). It was also very popular during the Suzhou generation. The Su House occasionally had this nutritious dish on the table for breakfast. It was one of Su Shuilian's favorite dishes. However, Su house was more refined as they put more ingredients into this dish and used glutinous rice, which made it more tasty.

Nevertheless, Su Shuilian, who was able to obtain Lin Si Yao's sincere approval, was very happy.

Does that mean that he will be more lenient with her and allow her to go into the kitchen more often?

"Don't even think about it." Lin Si Yao easily saw through her. After three large mouthfuls, he had finished his bowl. Lin Si Yao looked up, only to see she had been taking small bites of the rice, in obvious grievance, he secretly sighed and added in a softer tone, "If you really want to, you can continue making this rice dish. But you are never allowed to cook any dishes that needs you to use a frying pan."

"Ok." Su Shuilian immediately nodded. To be honest, she was unfamiliar with making any foods that needed the frying pan.

On the other hand, she was able to make stew. After living in Dashi Mountain for roughly a month, Su Shuilian had finally learned the basics of making soup/stew.

A few days ago, she had even asked Aunt Lao to teach her how to make soups that were appropriate for the winter. For example, , , and . These dishes were considered first class in Fan Hau Town, as well as the neighboring Luo Shui Town and Qingtian Town. This was because certain ingredients that were in each dish were either very expensive or hard to aquire. As for the crucian carp, it could be caught in the rivers, but as farmers, to spend half a day to catch a fish for a stew, and the logs needed to simmer the soups... It was not worth the trouble.

"These few days have been tiring for you, right?" Su Shuilian handed Lin Si Yao, who had just finished showering, a double layered night gown that she had sewed. After he had put it on, she then helped put on the waist belt.

No matter which season, Lin Si Yao would take a cold shower before going to bed. This was ok during the summer and autumn season, but it would be winter soon and ice could be seen forming at night.

It was not that she didn't worry for him. However, seeing how he seemed to be fine and not shivering, Su Shuilian's heart settled down. Only, every time he came out of the shower, she would quickly drape a gown on him, urging him to quickly wrap up.

"It's alright." Lin Si Yao picked her up and gently placed her onto the large babu bed. He laid down beside her and hugged her before taking a quick peck on her lips.

He smiled as he watched her whole face and even her ears turned red. He had done this every night and had never gotten tired of watching.

"These few days, you have also worked hard, staying home alone." Lin Si Yao caressed her soft black hair and enjoyed the warmth by his side every night. As long as she was by his side, he was able to forget the daily hardship.

"How could I have worked as hard as you? You don't even allow me to come with you to help out." Su Shuilian pouted and muttered as she used her index finger and poked Lin Si Yao's chest with some force.

"Haha..." Lin Si Yao laughed.

Ever since Su Shuilian had seen and complimented his dimples as cute and lovely, Lin Si Yao was less reluctant to laugh and smile broadly. What's more, after a few rounds of observation, he was also able to conclude that his smile could bring her joy and even put her in a daze. He had used this method several times and it had always worked.

For example, right now----

Lin Si Yao leaned over and kissed her tender lips as both his hands caressed her soft, yet firm ****. And in that moment, when she had come out of her daze and let out an enchanting sound in surprise, he had already topped her soft body.

"A Yao...." Su Shuilian shyly looked up at Lin Si Yao's face, her eyes misty and moist from tears.

"Hm?" Lin Si Yao raised a brow and hummed. This type of muted sound was low and full of seductive charm. His hands were still kneading her full mounds. And from time to time, he would lower his head and wantonly tease and bite her two cherry-red buds.

Su Shuilian bit her lips, afraid she would cry out in pleasure to this strange, yet familiar sensation.

"Don't bite." Lin Si Yao looked up and caressed her lips which had turn red and gave it a few kisses. 

"Don't hurt yourself." He frowned and said.

"But...." Su Shuilian closed her eyes shut, afraid to look at Lin Si Yao, who had removed his gown, revealing a strong and robust body.

"We are a married couple. Between a wife and husband, it is proper to be honest with each other." He kissed her delicate and supple skin and said vaguely.

Su Shuilian naturally understood his meaning. She also knew that this wasn't the case with her father and mother. Otherwise, why has she never seen her mother acting shy/embarrassed during breakfast? Before, she was ignorant, but now she understood how hard it was for her mother. As the first madam of Su House, this identity was closely tied mother's cold life.

"Woman, you are not allowed to zone out." Lin Si Yao bit onto her bud with a bit more force, the stinging feeling instantly brought her back.

"Focus, (you are) not allowed to think of anything else." Whether it was a person or problem, in this kind of situation, she was forbidden to think of anything.

"Ok." She smiled. She only just reminisced about her mother. After she got married, she rarely thought back to her past. To her, the people and places during her life in the Suzhou province were like the moon in the water, an untouchable illusion.

And so, other than praying for her mother and brother, and also the elders of Su House's well being and longevity, she put the rest of the matter behind her. The Su Shuilian now was just an ordinary peasant woman from Fan Hua Town. Of course, occasionally she would act as an embroiderer, but nothing more.

"Shuilian..." Lin Si Yao called in a low voice. His large hands gently caressed every part of her body. The places that he had touched were scorched in heat.

She trembled slightly, trying her best to suppress the wild passion within her which he had stoked to a ravenous, even enervating level.

However, under Lin Si Yao's increasing wanton ** and teasing, Su Shuilian quickly lost herself in pleasure. And because of this, she felt panicked. With her usually reserved temperament, Su Shuilian found it hard to accept this type of debauchery. This was not how she should be acting.

"I wanna hear you cry out." He did not stop his hand movements, his mouth was also occupied, causing her to endlessly moan and gasp for breath. Watching her bloom under him, Lin Si Yao felt a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment.

"Nmm....ahh..." Without a warning, she unexpectedly passionately moaned out. Su Shuilian immediately covered her mouth in shame. And no matter how hard he tried, she stubbornly insisted on remaining mute.

Fine, there are other methods to make you call out coquettishly. Lin Si Yao wickedly smiled. He increased his actions below and buried deep into her pink buds.

The night was long, the love was dense.

In the end, was it his endless ministrations that made it hard for her to suppress her moans? Or was it that she was unable to strongly restrain herself, allowing him to enter her and make her lose her mind and soul?

But either way, this night, Su Shuilian and Lin Si Yao, with unprecedented enthusiasm and passion, touched and enchanted one another until they finally drew themselves into a colorful paradise.

Chapter 57: The Drunken Beauty

"Shuilian jie, you really don't want to reconsider?" Xicui confirmed for the third time.

"Nm, after completing this mat, I still have to make two thicker inner clothes for A Yao..." Su Shuilian slightly smiled and declined Xicui's good intention.

The weather has turned cold, yet Lin Si Yao still only wore two layers. She had long finished making his cotton-filled jacket and winter coat, but he would rarely wear it at home, saying he was not cold. However, she herself had long started to wear the thick jacket. Even the river in the early morning had signs of freezing up. It will soon be San-Jiu Day*. Therefore, after she was done with this, she planned to make him a thicker pair of winter jackets.

*(三九天 - the twenty seventh day after the Winter Solstice, reputed to be the coldest days of the year)

She looked down and continued to sew. Yes, after Lin Si Yao treated the bear skin, it no longer had a foul smell to it.

Taking advantage of the few remaining warm days, they continued to bask the skin under the sun after washing it, over and over again until the smell was completely gone. And with a fine comb, the fur was removed of all kinks, and the pelt was all soft, smooth, and glossy.

After the treatment was done, she cut the bear shaped pelt into a rectangular one. Using her babu bed as reference, she then made it into a furry mattress topper. Though this mattress topper wasn't big enough to cover the whole bed, to be able to lay on top of a soft furry topper during the winter would be pure bliss.

Ha.... Thinking of this, Su Shuilian could not help but raise the corners of her lips.

"Shuilian jie......" Looking at Su Shuilian's current expression, Xicui knew she was daydreaming.

She helplessly added, "It's a whole six taels too..." trying to persuade her to accept this embroidery job.

The other day, Yue Yun Embroidery Floor's lady boss had invited Xicui upstairs for a private chat before she handed in her work. The previous patreon who had received the <Paired Phoenixes> was very pleased with it and requested the same person who did that piece to sew another one called <The Drunken Beauty>. Six taels is a basic wage, but if it was done well, there would be an extra reward, just like what happened last time with the <Paired Phoenixes>.

The lady boss had even told her that the <The Drunken Beauty> piece was requested by the city lord of Fan Luo. It was to be made as a New Year's gift to be given to a government official of Jin Du City.

And so, with some calculations, Xicui estimated that if this was done as well as the <Paired Phoenixes>, they may be able to earn eight taels!

Eight whole taels! Her mother and father, who had been saving for her dowry since her birth, had only totaled to twenty taels!

And so, if Su Shuilian were to accept this job, in about two months, she would earn an ordinary farmer's decade of hard work with a decade of frugal spending.

If she (Xc) had such abilities, with those eight taels she would have been able to buy those luxurious accessories and clothing for her dowry that she had longed for.

Of course, this was only her dream. It was just luck for her that the previous piece had already allowed her to earn an amount that she had never dreamt of obtaining. And that was only with the help of Su Shuilian. Otherwise, with her skills, even if she had made it on time, she would not have earned such an amount.

Therefore, Xicui was very confident about Su Shuilian's embroidery skills.

The problem was that she (SS) still had yet to accept this job. Xicui was confused, why would Su Shuilian not want to take this opportunity. It was a hefty eight taels, enough for her and Lin Si Yao to live leisurely for three years.

"Xicui, I had promised Lin Si Yao not to accept any embroidery works with a fast approaching deadline..." Su Shuilian smiled and explained.

It was obvious that this piece needed to be finished before the end of this year. It was currently the 5th day of the eleventh lunar month. And after the piece was sewn, the Embroidery Floor also had to wash, starch, dry, and soften the textile. So in actuality, the embroiderer only had a month to complete it.

However, from Xicui's description, the <Drunken Beauty> was to be 5 meters wide and 2 meters tall. With that size, it was assumed that it was going to be made into a folding screen. And with her embroidery speed, other than eating her three meals, if she was to solely focus on sewing, it would take approximately one month to complete. 

Hence, if she were to accept this, she would work on it for a full month and would be completely disregarding Lin Si Yao's opinion.

Although six taels was a tempting amount, since she had promised A Yao, Su Shuilian would not accept any work that would be very stressful. Not to mention, she had to make Lin Si Yao his two new pairs of mid-layer clothing as well as new sets of cotton boots and indoor shoes. Just these would already keep her busy for ten days. There would be no time for another embroidery project.

"But..... it's eight taels..." Seeing that Su Shuilian had continued to refuse the request, she could only helplessly slump her shoulders. The truth was that this had nothing to do with her. Even if Su Shuilian were to accept the project, she was not told that she would also get a reward. It was just that she didn't want to lose the chance to be able to earn eight taels. Even if that money was not going into her pockets, she was still reluctant to give it up.

"Pfft!" When Su Shuilian saw her dejected appearance, she could not help but laugh, "Uh, sorry Xicui... I just thought your current expression was quite cute." When Xicui turned to stare at her with saddened eyes, Su Shuilian quickly apologized.

"Cute? More like mourning..." Xicui muttered. She mourned that the eight taels will now be in the hands of another person other than Su Shuilian, who she had internally deemed as an exceptional lady embroiderer.

"Xicui, your embroidery isn't actually bad, if you were to get rid of your rigidity, you can also accept this project." Su Shuilian did not just say this to console her. From her recent efforts, Su Shuilian could say that her skills were counted to be outstanding even in Fan Lou City. At least in her eyes, if she were to just get rid of her conservative and stiff style, there were no other flaws to pick out.

But then again, the style of Dahui Continent was quite similar to Su Embroidery. Of course, there were some stitches unique to Su Embroidery, such as the chaotic stitch (luàn-zhēn xiù) or the gold string embroidery. Of course, the continent of Dahui also had their own specialty such as floating cloud stitch (yūn-shā xiù) or the rotating flow embroidery. Though it was similar, the styles were slightly different. It took Su Shuilian about a month to learn the new stitching styles, and this was also another reason as to Xicui's worship.

"Shuilian jie, are you trying to comfort me?..." Xicui blushed; she then added with a pout "That lady boss never asked if I wanted to accept it, she only wanted me to ask you." With that, it was already clear that her skills were inferior compared to Su Shuilian.

"Have some more self confidence, Xicui." Su Shuilian laughed and said.

Soon Xicui will be of marriageable age, watching her make so many cute expressions and gestures, Su Shuilian could only see her as a child.

With that thought, she reasoned that it may be because of her real age.

Half a decade, comparing her current fifteen year old body to her past twenty year old self.

"This has nothing to do with self confidence!" Xicui also learned from Su Shuilian, as she sat down on the bench below the jejebe tree. Laying her back on the bench, she tilted her head up, and squinted at the warm winter sun.

It was a calm sunny day without any wind. As it passed through the few leaves still stuck on the jujube tree, the mottled sunlight on the body induced a warm and comfortable feeling.

Su Shuilian knotted the string and stretched; she was finally done with the bear mattress topper. She then stood up and shook the mattress topper a few times and got rid of any loose strings.

"How pretty!" Xicui heartily praised. She was also very envious of Lin Si Yao who was currently in the kitchen making their lunch.

"Suilian jie, A Yao ge really treats you well..." She stroked the soft bear mattress topper as she said with mixed feelings of envy, "If I could marry such a husband, I wouldn't let him suffer so much." She clenched her fist, as if she was helping Lin Si Yao with his grievances.

"Xicui." Su Shuilian did not know whether to laugh or cry.

"Xicui, things aren't as simple as it seems between a wife and husband...." Su Shuilian emphatically explained, "Blindly giving does not result in reciprocation. And if your future husband were to truly love you, then he will pamper and protect you. And if he does pamper and protect you, then he would not let you slave away everyday with chores. If he does, then he does not deserve your devotion, do you understand?" Su Shuilian said solemnly.

She thought back to her mother in the Republic of Suzhou. As Su House's head mistress and daughter-in-law, she had to work endlessly. In order to allow her husband (Su Shuilian's father) to be proud, and in order to receive the same amount of pampering as the second wife, her mother had sacrificed a lot. But as a result? Su Shuilian had never seen her mother genuinely smile from her heart. Even if she was in a room with just her biological children, she would never smile. It was because father did not care for her, and because he never noticed her hard work and sacrifice.

"Shuilian jie..." Xicui had never seen Shuilian with such an awe-inspiring tone and expression, and was suddenly dumbfounded.

"It's ok, I just wanted to tell you that between a husband and wife, it is what is inside that counts. After you marry, use your heart to judge, and you will discover...." Su Shuilian smiled and rubbed Xicui's head.

"Shuilian jie, I'm not a child..." Both of Xicui's cheeks flushed red, it annoyed her that Su Shuilian had treated her as a child.

From her mother, she had found out that Su Shuilian was currently fifteen years old, meaning she (SS) was a year younger than her. Just because she was married makes her an adult, and the unmarried her, a child? Is that so, humph!

Before, because of her mom's misleading gestures, without knowing, she called her 'Shuilian jie'. However, when she found out her age, Xicui was embarrassed to death! However, she had already addressed her as such for several months and saw no meaning to change it. At least following her, she would be able to learn more about embroidery, and her mother did not force her to call Shuilian jie as Shuilian shifu! So 'jie' will remain as 'jie'. Xicui comforted herself.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot..." Su Shuilian laughed and explained. It wasn't because she forgot Xicui's age, but she had forgotten her current body's age. 

Chapter 58: The Unwritten Rule

"Well Shuilian jie, I will be heading home now." Seeing Lin Si Yao come out of the kitchen, Xicui knew they were about to have lunch, so she got up, patted off the dead leaves that had fallen on her clothes and said so.

"Why don't you stay with us for lunch?" Su Shuilian smiled and continued, "A Yao prepared some stewed pork knuckle."

It was given to her by Aunt Tian. Her maternal family had slaughtered a sow, and she was given a hind leg.

Since Tian Dabao was accepted as Lin Si Yao's disciple, the Tian couple had long wanted to give them a present as a thank you. And so, early in the morning, Aunt Tian had come with a whole pork leg as a present.

Su Shuilian and Lin Si Yao initially did not want to receive the gift.

Su Shuilian believed that this hind leg could be sold for multiple taels, and if Tian House were to keep it, they could save a month's worth of money.

As for Lin Si Yao, he was indifferent about it. However, seeing that Su Shuilian was reluctant to accept it, he did not want it either.

Mutual goodwill, sorry, he was never used to that sort of thing because of his past occupation.

In the end, Aunt Tian got tired of politely pushing back the pig leg and took the initiative to walk into their kitchen. Taking a butcher knife by the cutting board, she struck down at the pig's leg, cutting it into two pieces.

"Girl, I'm no longer going to be polite. How about you pick one of the two pieces and I'll take the other half home. You must take one of the pieces, or else, if I were to bring this back, Uncle Tian will kill me. " Holding the butcher knife, Aunt Tian flung her arms, gesturing to Su Shuilian to quickly choose one of the pieces.

In order for them to not choose a smaller piece out of kindness, Aunt Tian made sure to cut two even halves. The half with the hoof was slender, but long, and for the upper thigh, which was filled with meat, she made sure to cut it a little shorter. In terms of weight, Aunt Tian's eyes were able to judge it with precision.

Unable to persuade Aunt Tian otherwise, Su Shuilian picked the half with the knuckle. It had been a while since she'd had and she had also craved it.

Lin Si Yao was amused, watching her rare greedy expression.

Then they acquired the steps to making halogen trotters from Aunt Tian. They were to first wash and then cut the pig leg into smaller pieces. Then, use the pork lard to boil some hot water in a large pot with garlic. Following that, more garlic, hibiscus trionum, chennai, anessete, melon zest, lemon zest, dried red pepper, bay leaves, patchouli, clove, sugar, salt, and soy sauce. With some cooking wine and 10 different kinds of seasoning, the pork knuckle is then added into the boiling broth. It is first cooked under a full fire, but then the flames are to be lowered to let the stew slowly simmer. This took the whole morning. After Lin Si Yao had washed the other vegetables, he calmly watched the fire in the kitchen.

"No, I think eating with A Yao ge is too stressful. Hahaha..." Xicui made a mischievous face and started to walk into the main room with Su Shuilian.

Su Shuilian was amused by what Xicui had said and laughed. Following Xicui through the main room, she placed the bear mattress topper on a chair before seeing Xicui out.

"Shuilian jie, are you really really sure that you don't want to accept the commission?" As Xicui walked closer to the entrance gate, she asked once more. She really did not want Su Shuilian to lose the chance of making eight taels because of a careless decision.

Su Shuilian shook her head, "No, not with one of short notice. I do not plan to accept any until next year." She had to prepare a lot this year. Not only clothing and footwear, there were also many miscellaneous items she had to complete.

Xicui reluctantly nodded, "Ok then, I'll go into the city tomorrow and refuse the offer for you ok?"

"Ok." Su Shuilian smiled and nodded, and waved Xicui goodbye.

---

"A Yao, come, try and see if this fits you." Su Shuilian shook the thick outerwear that she had just completed before walking out of the south door from the main room. She called out to Lin Si Yao who had just collected and stored the dried fish from earlier.

Lin Si Yao nodded with a smile. Quickening his pace, Lin Si Yao quickly put the rest of the fish into a cabinet in the kitchen where the wolf puppies could not reach before washing his hands and making his way towards the main room.

"So fast?" Lin Si Yao smiled and asked. She had only started yesterday morning and was already finished today?

"The weather is getting colder, yet you still refuse to put on another layer." Su Shuilian pouted and complained, however, at the same time, she helped Lin Si Yao out of his jacket and put on the padded outerwear she had made for him.

"It fits perfectly." Lin Si Yao lowered his head and stole a kiss, "Thank you!" He quietly said.

"Who said before not to be courteous as couples?" Su Shuilian glared at him, but with the blush on her face, it was clear to see she was just shy and not angry.

"I just want to thank you for marrying me." Lin Si Yao spoke by her ear, his hot breath caused a blush to creep on from her neck to her ears.

"Enough, put the jacket on." Su Shuilian helped him put on his jacket as a sugar-like sweetness bubbled in her heart. When did he learn how to sweet talk like that?

"What do you want for dinner? Is ok?" Lin Si Yao rolled up his sleeves as he prepared to go to the kitchen to make dinner.

Ever since he had settled down, his cooking skills had only continued to grow. From his original knowledge of only barbecuing and stir fry, Lin Si Yao now knew more than a dozen different methods of cooking food. From steaming, stewing, deep frying, it was to say, being a chef was an occupation that needed a lot of energy and time.

However, if it was to be made for his beloved woman, he was willing to do so.

"Ok." Su Shuilian saw no reason to disagree, after all, she loved fish. It was only because it was hard for her to pick out the bones, but now, Lin Si Yao was able to somehow pick out all of the bones of the fish, and the fish dishes he made were always boneless.

What's more, the fish in the tank were almost overflowing.

A few days ago, Tian Dabao came again with his family's fish net. He said that he wanted, like his Shifu, to catch and dry fish so that he can enjoy fish during winter.

And so, Lin Si Yao made a special trip with him to the west side of the river. Fishing for three days, they had filled ten large wooden buckets full of fish.

In addition to the multiple varieties of fish, there were also several catties of shrimp, about twenty fat river crabs, and even a turtle that weighed about five to six catties. In short, the harvest was abundant.

In the end, Tian Dabao only took home three buckets of fish for his mother to dry.

And the rest was left with Lin Si Yao, saying it was to show respect for Shifu and Shi Niang. This made Su Shuilian chuckle.

They had a large tank for fish at home, but it did not mean they could sustain all of these fishes in it.

And so, Lin Si Yao picked out the smaller fishes of the bunch to be washed, salted, and dried. From their previous harvest, most of the fishes were also preserved the same way, and because of that, they had an abundance of dried salted fish.

As for the shrimp, other than making a stir fry with scallions, some were also given to Tian House and Lao House as they enjoyed a feast of fresh shrimps. As for the remaining two catties, it was salted, boiled, and then dried. In the future, when making soup, the shrimps can be added in to add more umami taste.

Of the twenty crabs, they kept eight of the wooden barrels, and the rest was given to Tian Dabao to take back to his family. His family had a total of six people, so they had enough crabs for everyone to enjoy two.

As for the other fish and the turtle, Lin Si Yao kept them in the tank for until New Years.

It was going to be their first New Years since moving to Fan Hua Town, so they should have some good offerings for their ancestors and also Bodhisattva.

Although Lin Si Yao did not know who his ancestors were, he had only learned about this ceremonial ritual from the talkative Aunt Lao.

The reason why Aunt Lao had told him about this, was firstly because he was incharge of the kitchen, it would make more sense to speak to him than Su Shuilian. Secondly, it was to only give him an early reminder as the items needed for the ritual would only become more expensive as it gets closer to new years.

Thinking that Su Shuilian was previously from a noble family and would place importance on this, Lin Si Yao became meticulous with this matter. All of the things needed for the offering, including food and furniture had long been prepared.

And Su Shuilian who had watched him proactively preparing all of these things, was also told that several offerings were needed. Although it was all arranged by Lin Si Yao, she still paid close attention to any useful information from others to help him out. 

As a result, they were both unusually active in preparing the offerings for the ritual. They both simply wanted to do something for each other.

As for their reason for this ritual... it was thrown into the back of their mind. They had never thought to communicate with each other about this matter which had resulted in a misunderstanding. However, this could be counted as a well-intentioned misunderstanding, right?

In the end, the ritual of laba*, sending off the kitchen god, giving offerings, as well as welcoming the kitchen god back, were all accomplished in a smooth and orderly manner.

*(腊八粥/Laba congee: ceremonial rice porridge dish eaten on the 8th day of the 12th month in the Chinese calendar)

---

There was something that Su Shuilian honestly could not understand... With some many fishes in the river, why were there never farmers going out to net fish? Not only could they add more variety to their home dish, the fish could also be sold to the restaurant in the city for some money. Wouldn't that be great?

"Oh, Si Niang, you didn't know? There is an unwritten rule that people can only fish from the river by their house." Until finally, Su Shuilian asked Tian Dabao, who laughed and said, "Why did you think I had to drag Shifu to fish every time? Haha, Shi Niang also has times of stupidity."

So it was like that! It had finally dawned on Su Shuilian. She decided to ignore the blunt words that blurted out from Tian Dabao's mouth and turned to Lin Si Yao calmly standing beside her, "A Yao, you had already knew about this?"

"Nm, found out when the house was being built." Lin Si Yao touched his nose, trying to contain his smile. He could naturally hear the anger in her voice. He could also hear the blame from the loss of face from his disciple because he had not informed her of this matter earlier.

Lin Si Yao had indeed heard this information from the carpenters who had worked building this house as they chatted about the pros and cons of living in an isolated area of town. However he did not think this would create such an incident and so he had never spoken to her about this information.

"But you guys went to the foot of Xiufeng to fish before... Wasn't that a public place?" Su Shuilian was confused.

"That's because..." Tian Dabao paused midway to look at Su Shuilian's face full of expectation, before continuing, "...no one is as powerful as Shifu and I! HAHAHA!"

Eh? Su Shuilian turned to look at Lin Si Yao, who was also chuckling at her, could it be...

"To continue towards the river at the foot of Xiufeng, there is a trench that is eight meters wide." Lin Si Yao held Su Shuilian's shoulder and softly explain, "Dabao's current qigong is good enough, so I was able to bring him there."

"Oh" Su Shuilian gave him a glare. She leaned closer to his ear, teeth clenched as she angrily continued, "Are you happy watching me make a fool of myself?" Don't think that she didn't see his smiling face from the very start. It was even more hateful than his usual cold face!

"Haha..." Lin Si Yao could not help but chuckle. He could not resist pinching her nose before giving her a kiss. He was immediately attracted to the playful her and completely disregarded his disciple who was looking at them in a grimace.

"Don't be angry, Dabao always speaks without thinking of the consequences. And I would never want to see you making a fool of yourself." Lin Si Yao started to panic when he saw that Su Shuilian had turned around, as if ignoring him. He gave Tian Dabao a harsh glare while trying to appease her.

"Hmph! You guys just won't have a share of the (unaged) osmanthus and glutinous rice wine tonight!"

After she spoke out, Su Shuilian pretended to be angry as she stormed into the kitchen, and with a 'bang' she slammed the door shut.

With her back facing the kitchen door, Su Shuilian could not help but start laughing. He couldn't even tell if she was really angry or just faking it! And he actually kissed her in front of Dabao... My goodness!

As for the two left outside, they looked at each other as one quickly scrambled his way towards the kitchen door. Knocking at the door, he started to plead, "Shi Niang, I was wrong, please don't be angry with me. Mother always said that I knocked my head dumb and would spew random words.... Aiyo.... Shi Niang, don't be angry anymore Shi Niang... Fairy jiejie..." Tian Dabao squatted in front of the kitchen door as he continuously apologized for the words he had said without a second thought.

Lin Si Yao had heard Su Shuilian's laughter in the kitchen, so he had realized that she was not angry. Or was not as angry as she displayed herself to be. And because of that, he was not in a hurry like Tian Dao to act in such a shameless manner. Even if he was unable to enjoy the osmanthus wine that she had brewed, he had a method of appeasing her. Of course, that was to be used at night, when his disciple is no longer here. 

Chapter 59: Yue Yun Embroidery Floor's Jiang Yingyun

"You are really going to ignore me now?"

That night, Lin Si Yao hugged Su Shuilian as they sat on the side of the bed. Smiling, he continued to whisper close to her ear, "But you promised before, that when the osthamus flowers are abundantly abloom, we would have another formal toast. Now that you are ignoring me, how are we going to have the toast?" His breath tickled her sensitive skin, though she had completely flushed red, Su Shuilian remained stubborn.

"That's going to be in another 3 to 5 years though...." Su Shuilian quickly found an excuse. During the night of the Mid-Autumn Festival, she had gotten herself completely intoxicated and had said many incoherent things. Although she does not remember most of it, he still insisted that she had said this then.

Fine, once there are a plentiful amount of blooming osthamus flowers, they will try the osthamus wine that she made. The wine jar that is currently buried by the cherry tree (being aged) in their backyard.

As for the (unaged) osthamus and glutinous rice wine that she had said to revoke for dinner, it was still given to the Shifu and disciple pair. The three enjoyed the wine along with the large river crabs. As for the wolf puppies who could not eat the crabs, they could only gnaw on mantou dipped in the crab dish sauce.

"So you plan to ignore me until then? Shuilian, you said so yourself, couples should be caring and intimate with each other. However, how are we supposed to do that if you continue to ignore me for three years?" Lin Si Yao did not yield and continued. After knowing her for more than six months, he had figured out her temper.

Suddenly, Su Shuilian turned around; her face completely red. One cup of unaged wine was already very strong for her.

"I didn't mean it that way.... Truthfully, I'm not angry... it's just...." She just felt that she had lost face. In front of his twelve year old disciple, she had behaved like an ignorant fool.

"I know. Dabao needs a scolding...." He had long decided how to deal with that naughty, disrespectful disciple of his.

However, it wasn't the right situation to say this. Lying on top of the soft bearskin mattress topper that was made several days ago, he's gotta do something to maintain its softness and warmth...

---

The next morning, seeing that it was a good sunny day, Lin Si Yao took Tian Dabao to the foot of Xiufeng to practice swordwork. And following right behind was the excited-to-be free Xiao Xiu.

Su Shuilian woke up shortly after their departure. After she washed her hands, Su Shuilian sat down on a chair in the kitchen. She was preparing to make Lin Si Yao a pair of warm cotton shoes. Occasionally, she would glance at the millet porridge cooking on the stove, afraid it might overcook.

"Shuilian jie! Shuilian jie, are you home?" Sounds of knocking and Xicui's voice sounded from outside the gates.

Su Shuilian was puzzled at her sudden appearance, but she still quickly got up to open the gates for her.

"Xicui, why are you in a rush so early in the morning?" Su Shuilian smiled as she pulled Xicui in.

Just as she was about to close the gate, Su Shuilian noticed a lady in her twenties standing behind Xicui. There was even a luxurious carriage parked by the road.

"This is?" Su Shuilian turned to Xicui in question.

"Shuilian jie.... I...." Xicui held Su Shuilian's hands, her face conflicted as she hesitated to continue.

"Don't blame Xicui. It was I who insisted for her to allow me to meet Madam Lin*. I am the co-lady boss of 'Yue Yun Embroidered Floor', Jiang Yingyun." Jiang Yingyun greeted Su Shuilian with a nod as she introduced herself. At the same time she unobtrusively sized up the so-called 'perfect embroiderer' that Xicui had spoken about.

'This is a typical embroiderer from a noble family.' -was Jiang Yingyun's first impression of Su Shuilian.

Her pulled up hairdo was an obvious sign that she was a married woman. And from what she had heard from Xicui earlier, her husband's family name was 'Lin'.

It was just that from her delicate facial features and her outward display, it made it seem as if she was a young miss from a noble family.

However, which family would produce such an excellent embroiderer? Which noble's daughter would marry a farmer and live by selling her embroidery?

Jiang Yingyun could not figure it out.

Once Su Shuilian heard 'Yue Yun Embroider Floor', she had a rough idea of what this matter was about.

Presumably, when Xicui went to reject the offer, the people did not want to give up and decided to come, meet, and persuade her.

"Shopkeeper Jiang, just as Xicui had told you before, this embroidery work, I can not help with. The time given is just too little. I'm sorry to have you travel all the way here..." Su Shuilian nodded back as she lightly smiled and replied.

"Wondering how many days Madam Lin needs to be willing to take in <Drunken Beauty>?" Jiang Yingyun asked in a mild manner.

She was also in a helpless situation. Ever since the city lord had seen the <Paired Phoenix> work on a screen from the Wang House, he made a personal visit to the embroidery floor to request the same person to make his <Drunken Beauty> piece. Otherwise, from their large amounts of embroiderers, it wasn't hard to find a replacement.

"Shopkeeper Jiang...." Su Shuilian looked up at Jiang Yingyun in surprise. Since it was a request to the embroidery floor, the embroidery usually has no choice in the amount of time given. Wasn't 'Yue Yun Embroider Floor' the largest embroidery establishment? How could they be lacking in idle embroiders?

"Madam, just call me Yingyun. 'Shopkeeper Jiang' is just too cumbersome." Jiang Yingyun politely amended her title given by Su Shuilian. At the same time, she rubbed her slightly stiffened forearm.

Although the winter morning had no wind, she still felt cold standing out for too long.

Moreover, she had gotten up at yin-shi (3am to 5am) and took the carriage all the way to Fan Hua Town. She had rushed back to the city yesterday because of this news from her sister. As well as a sleepless night, worrying about this matter.

One, not because of the five taels, but because they could not offend the patron as his identity as a city lord could put their establishment at stake. At the same time the embroidery floor also had no right to disclose their embroiderer's personal information and their reason for refusal.

Therefore, she had checked Xicui's files stored in the embroidery floor and found this town. She had plead Xicui for a while before Xicui reluctantly agreed to allow her to meet Su Shuilian.

"If that is so, then Lady Jiang can just refer to me as Shuilian. Come inside... " Su Shuilian naturally noticed her actions. She felt as if she had neglected her guests and with an apologetic smile, she invited the two into her house. 

She brought them to the already heated Kang before heading to the kitchen. Su Shuilian extinguished the fire and moved the millet porridge away from the stove. After heating a pot of osthamus flower tea, she brought it to the main room.

"Shuilian, truthfully speaking, I would like you to accept the <Drunken Beauty> work. As long as you can hand it in before new years, it would be ok." After taking a sip of the tea and silently praising its taste, Jiang Yingyun no longer spoke with courtesy as she directly stated her intention.

"Right before new years? But don't you need to make it into a screen?" Su Shuilian endlessly wondered. Turning an embroidery into a screen was a complex process; usually taking about 10 to 30 days.

"You don't have to worry about this. As long as you can hand it to us before New Years, we have our way..." Jiang Yingyun's eyes shone with a glimmer of hope as she continued to appeal to Su Shuilian.

She and her sister, Jiang Yingyue, had operated this business for more than a decade. So she was well aware of the amount of time needed to make a screen embroidery. However, since Su Shuilian was worried about the time given, she could only use this as a countermeasure to assure her.

Yes, Jiang Yingyun was taking a gamble. If Su Shuilian accepted the work and handed it in before new years, she could finish the job afterwards. In four days, she should be able to complete it, at the expense of her sleep,

In order to maintain Ying Yue Embroidery Floor's prestige, she could only think of two methods. One was to use the name of 'Ying Yue Embroidery Floor' to persuade her to accept the work. However, after meeting Su Shuilian, she no longer bothered with this idea. And the second and last method was for her to persuade Su Shuilian into accepting <Drunken Beauty> by giving her more allocated time.

"Lady Jiang..." Su Shuilian furrowed her brows. From the experience of business dealings she had accompanied her brother with, Su Shuilian could not help but suspect Jiang Yingyun's proposal.

"Just call me Yingyun, Shuilian...." Jiang Yingyun smiled as she corrected her.

"Yingyun, I'm afraid I have to ask a question: If the <Drunken Beauty> was due before New Years, to hand the piece after that due date, wouldn't that be violating your agreement? Wouldn't I be part of the blame then?" Su Shuilian smiled and firmly asked.

It's not because she was being overly cautious. It was just situations like these, where it required transactions involving conflicting interest, she had to be prepared.

This was what she had learned from her brother.

"Haha.... Shuilian, should I say you are shrewd, or should I call you frank?" Jiang Yingyun smiled and said.

She was surprised by Su Shuilian's reply. This doesn't seem like the typical reply of a pampered young miss.

Su Shuilian, what kind of woman was she? Outwardly, she seemed like a delicate young lady, but in reality, she was as smart as a matriarch from a noble family.

However, the truth of the matter was that she was living in a remote rural town, a married woman, and a farmer's wife.

The clever and crafty second ladyboss of Ying Yue Embroidery Floor, Jiang Yingyun, could not figure her out.

"Shuilian, if you believe me, please put in 120% of your effort. This deal is with me, when you are finished with <Drunken Beauty> before the end of the year, once you hand it in, I will give you an additional reward. Ten taels as a base amount, and I can reward even more if the quality is high." Jiang Yingyun smiled as she stated what she had considered to be a tempting offer. "If the quality was the same as the <Paired Phoenix> work, then it would earn you no less than 8 taels."

"Heavens!" Xicui who had been quietly sitting by the side listening to their conversation could not help but exclaim. Covering her mouth with her hand, Xicui could not help but call out "Shuilian jie" to tell her to quickly accept this offer. She anxiously looked towards Su Shuilian. Eighteen taels! Oh my god! This was ten taels more than what she had originally been offered with! Where could they find any better offer!? If she had the skills, she would have cried and pleaded to have this offer given to her! This was simply a gift bestowed from the God of Wealth!    

Chapter 60: Lady Chief Embroiderer

Su Shuilian and Jiang Yingyun stared at each other seriously for a moment. Just as Jiang Yingyun took a deep breath and smiled in anticipation, Shuilian nodded her head as she acknowledged Jiang Yingyun's proposal and replied, "Alright. I accept."

Su Shuilian was willing to give herself a chance, to believe in this candid lady's promises, just like her appearance, and the trustworthiness she has shown.

Su Shuilian's instinct told her that Jiang Yingyun definitely had difficulties that she could not speak of.

If not, with her status as the co-lady boss of the city's biggest embroidery business, she definitely would not need to rush here to persuade her.

With a large remuneration, generous payout, and even with an extension of project deadline to the end of the year...

Thinking of this, Su Shuilian courteously gave in a step: "I will definitely finish it around the twentieth of the twelfth month, to allow you more time to improve on the screen."

"Really? That's great!" Upon hearing, Jiang Yingyun jolted in joy from the Kang, as she held Su Shuilian's hand, she thanked her profusely: " Thank you! Thank you! " She thanked Shuilian for accepting the request, as well as her consideration. This time, she had definitely bet on the right treasure chest, a bet that was a definite success!

"Then it's a deal. Once I return to the embroidery floor, I will have someone send over the embroidery supplies necessary for <Drunken Beauty>." When Jiang Yingyun finished her conversation with Shuilian, the sun was already high up in the sky. Seeing how late it was and recalling the large amount of work that was still left undone back at the embroidery floor, Jiang Yingyun got up and was about to bid farewell to Su Shuilian.

"Ok." Su Shuilian nodded her head. Just as she accompanied them out the main room, she encountered Lin Si Yao, Tian Dabao, and Xiao Xue (with a mouse in mouth) who had just returned from their morning practice.

"A Yao, you're back?" Su Shuilian smiled as she came forward to take the bundle of goat grass in his hands. At the same time, she introduced Jiang Yingyun who stood curiously looking at him, "A Yao, this is Ying Yue Embroidery Floor's Second Lady Boss, Jiang Yingyun." Su Shuilian then turned back to look at her as she continued, "Yingyun, this is my husband, Lin Si Yao."

Oh my god. That single phrase quickly flashed within Jiang Yingyun's mind.

Her assumption was ridiculously wrong.

This man, how was he a farmer? He was more like an aloof, handsome, and distinguished young man!

The usually sharp, quick minded, and analytical lady boss Jiang Yingyun's brain completely shut down. She had already been muddled by Su Shuilian, now there was a Lin Si Yao! Was this to point out that her ten years of experience was not enough?! 

In contrast, Lin Si Yao was a lot calmer than she was.

He expressionlessly nodded at her. With one hand, he picked up Tian Dabao who was squating in the corner watching before he made his way to the south yard to wash his hands and prepare their meal.

"Shuilian.... Your husband...."... doesn't seem like a farmer, and more closely resembles a practitioner of martial arts?

Jiang Yingyun swallowed and wanted to ask as she watched the cold-faced Lin Si Yao pick up the grinning teen, with a few steps traveled several meters, and soon completely out of their sight.

"Sorry, this is A Yao's true personality." Su Shuilian thought that Jiang Yingyun was referring to Lin Si Yao's rudeness and was somewhat ashamed.

Really that man... He was outwardly cold, but was privately passionate. Almost to the point where she couldn't stand it. Ah! How could she think of such shameful things at this moment?!

"It's alright. I can tell, you guys are very close." Jiang Yingyun was envious as she teased Su Shuilian.

Although that man hadn't spoken a single word, his gaze remained on Su Shuilian. Even when he nodded at her, his eyes were still locked on Su Shuilian and her surroundings.

To be able to have a man so dedicated to her, what more can a woman ask for? Jiang Yingyun secretly sighed.

This kind of luxury, she estimated that she would never obtain in this lifetime.

Ten years ago, when she was ten years old and her sister was sixteen years old, their parents were killed by bandits. And because of that, they were left to fend for themselves. The only thing that their parents left for them was the 'Yue Yun Embroidery Floor'. It was created when she was six and the name used a character in both her and her sister's name.

The current 'Yue Yun Embroidery Floor' had long situated its roots in Fan Luo City. And has become one of the leaders of the embroidery industry.

Of course, this was all due to the self sacrifice of her elder sister. She had given up her youth, her chance to marry, and her chance of an heir, and put all of her attention into operating Yue Yun Embroidery Floor.

Today her twenty-seven year old sister is often mentioned by merchants in the city of Fan Luo. She would be praised but also pitied. Praised because she was a prosperous business woman, pitied because of her lonely future.

But how could she let her elder sister live a lonely life? If she could not find a happy marriage, then she will accompany her sister for the rest of her life.

What's more, she was currently twenty years old. She had already passed the age most men pursue, she had already passed her youthful years.

Even though she was not picky, but to find a marriage partner, she's afraid the only ones willing were either the old or the mentally ill. If those were the only options, then she would opt not to marry and remain like her sister, to simply live without relying on a man.

In truth, her sister had long decided that she would not marry in this lifetime.

Actually, from her business, Jiang Ying Yue had met several distinguished widowers who expressed their interest in her only for her to politely decline. However, for her only biological sister, Jiang Yingyun, she was dead set on finding her a good lifetime partner. She had looked into many men who were around her sister's age and even contacted matchmakers to secretly find any good matches for her. Anytime a match was found, she would always send the matchmaker to that family's house to inquire.

Only it was a pity that so far the only men she, Jiang Yinyun, had met were either lustful or mentally stunted.

So after this continuous pattern, her elder sister could only give up and no long pester her into finding a marriage partner.

Thinking up to this, Jiang Yingyun bitterly shook her head, she felt pity.

Yes, pity.

After meeting such a close couple, this was the first time in eleven years, she had felt a sense of self pity.

---

"A Yao, there's something I need to speak to you about."

After breakfast, Su Shuilian spoke gently to Lin Si Yao who was washing the dishes after he had cleared the table.

"Embroidery work?" Lin Si Yao raised his head to steal a glance, witnessing her guilty expression as if she had done something wrong, he couldn't help but laugh softly.

"Eh? How did you know?" Su Shuilian raised her head in astonishment, her gaze coincidentally met his.

"Shuilian, I never forbade you to accept. As long as it was not like last time, working as if your life depended on it, I will not stop you." After all, embroidery was her talent, as well her hobby.

After Lin Si Yao finished the dishes and dried his hands, he led Su Shuilian back into the main house and onto the warm Kang.

"Nono, this time, there is a lot of time given." Su Shuilian anxiously waved her hands and explained. Seeing this, Lin Si Yao could not help but laugh out loud.

"Am I that scary?" He stole a quick kiss from her lips as he smiled and asked. He did not want her to think that he was a horrible and unreasonable man.

"No, I know you are just worried for my health." Su Shuilian shook her head. She had never once thought that he was scary.

Oh, but of course when she had first met him, she felt a bit of fear. But then again, the him then was cold and unpredictable.

"As long as you understand. But remember, other than having to eat three meals a day, you also have to take breaks and drink plenty of water. If not, then I will confiscate everything." Lin Si Yao once again reminded, pretending to be fierce as he threatened.

After all, he currently has a source of income. From the animals that he had hunted, Lin Si Yao has already earned about 7 or 8 taels. Of course, Dabao had earned even more, whenever he was splitting the amount, he (LSY) would never take more. Whenever they went to hunt and sell game, he and Dabao would split the income at a ratio of 4:6 respectively. However, after Tian House's complaint, he no longer took Dabao into the forest. But when they train near Xiufeng, occasionally they would encounter wild animals, but they were not as valuable and thus sold for less.

---

Afternoon, on the same day, a man riding a carriage marked from the 'Yue Yun Embroidery Floor' came to pass Su Shuilian the materials for the <Drunken Beauty> as well as a written contract; handwritten by the big boss, Jiang Yingyue herself.

In the letter, it had stated that from now on, if Su Shuilian were to agree, she would be hired as a Lady Chief Embroiderer of 'Yue Yun Embroidery Floor'. She did not need to wait in the lobby room of the embroidery floor and could freely choose to pick out any embroidery work. And every month, even if she did not do any embroidery work, they would send her an income of one tael. Furthermore, if she were to accept any embroidery work, along with the stated pay, she would also be given an additional reward.

After reading it, Su Shuilian was speechless. What benefit was there for Ying Yue Embroidery Floor to do such a thing?

To give her a fixed monthly salary of one tael even for not doing any work? And on top of that, rewards along with the contracted amount for any accepted embroidery work? Wouldn't that monthly tael be a loss for 'Yue Yun Embroidery Floor'?

"They want to keep you." One sweep and Lin Si Yao confidently concluded. With Su Shuilian's incomparable embroidery skills, any embroidery floor who could sign a contract with her would no doubt rise in reputation. As for the speed of their propagation, it would all rely on Su Shuilain's rate of production.

And that's why 'Yue Yun Embroidery Floor' wanted to quickly have Su Shuilian sign this contract. Even if she did not accept many embroidery work requests, once she signed the contract, Su Shuilian could no longer accept any embroidery work from other embroidery floors.

That's right, this was the idea that 'Yue Yun Embroidery Floor' betted on.

Of course, this type of contract was completely harmless to Su Shuilian and it even gave her a fixed income. As for 'Yue Yun Embroidery Floor', this contract could prevent any risks posed by other competing embroidery floors.

It was good news for both parties if Su Shuilian were to agree to this contract. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.7K 1K 62
Status : Completed Author : (开花不结果) Summary: He Xiaoyun transmigrated in the 70s and became the mother of the hero in a book. The feats of the old la...
139K 3.4K 200
When Shi Qingluo, an agriculture expert, opened her eyes again after dying, she realised she had transmigrated as a farm girl in an ancient era. Her...
3M 192K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
1.8M 114K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...