At the Heir's Request 2

Bởi WildOne22

The Grants are back and they are in for more growing pains. Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Interlude
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
MEMORIES
Interlude - News Feed
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 42

1.4K 155 56
Bởi WildOne22

Shanique Munroe

As a big woman I'm still scared of my mother and mi nuh shame fi talk.

This lady has managed to put the fear of God in me for years without even raising her voice. Mommy don't shout nor beat but trust and believe that you're going to know and feel when you're in trouble.

Seeing her walk into the living with her determined face on, I visibly shake. I didn't expect her to come home yet. I was just enjoying Skeng and his little family's company.

"Shanique Grant, I didn't know that you still know where your mother yard is." She said coming to rest on the sofa opposite me and the puppies.

I didn't know what to say, so I kept quiet.

"Why suh much dog in a my house? Didn't I say I don't want that lady's gremlin looking puppies over here?" She went on to say as she removed her church shoes.

I sat on the floor watching her like a hawk but not saying anything.

What can I even say to her? I disrespected her and shut her out of my life for months now. I don't expect anything less than a tongue lashing from her, and when I do get it, I deserve that shit.

Soon Anderson follows her in holding her handbag.

Then watch good son-in-law?

He placed the bag beside her on the couch and comes over to me, helping me off the floor. All while this is going on, my mom eyes doesn't leave us for a second and I know that she is observing everything.

"Gonna take the dogs for a walk. You two should talk." He says before scraping up the two puppies into his arms and whistled at the two dogs before waking out.

Like two well trained canines, they followed Anderson through the door.

Welp

"I'm tired of telling Anderson to stop haul up Charmaine crosses dog and her puppy dem enuh. Now him have them in my house, that boy don't listen one bit." My mom says narrowing her eyes at my husband's retreating back.

"See him deh, a suh him have them up and down behind him all the time." She says to me.

"I can tell, they are very familiar with him." I say in a small voice.

"Have to... he's been here a good two months doing nothing more than pet dog." She says with an attitude and side-eyed me.

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably at her accusatory tone. After a nuh my fault the man lef him yard come kotch a fi her.

"Unu sort out everything now?" She probed when I didn't say anything.

"Not everything, but we are working at it." I tell her and she nods.

"That's what you have to do if you want to keep this relationship Shan. Work at it, everyday for the rest of your lives. The work never stops." She preaches and I nod.

She nah tell no lie, this marriage shit has been one big ass battle after the next.

"I get that now and I made it clear that I intend to do what it takes to make it work. So we will see what comes of that." I shared.

At least we talking about this and not my blatant regard for our mother-daughter relationship.

"You know, one thing I learnt about you very early on, is that you are headstrong. Whatever you hold in your heart, that is exactly what you will do and it won't be easy convincing you otherwise. I never wanted to dim that about you, instead I fostered it." She said with a chuckle.

She looked at me intently and I wanted to break the gaze but I was trapped in this stare off.

I was broken out of the trance when she spoke again.

"I just want you to know that whatever choices you make now in life, don't just affect you anymore. You have a husband and that man's feelings should be a priority for you. I don't care if you don't do what I suggest, I'm your mother, I have to love and support you. However, ensure that you keep constant communication with that man you vowed to commit to and don't make I have a repeat of the last two months because as much as I love him, I'm not housing him here when he has a big house that he built for you both." She said in finality before getting up and going to her room.

Why mommy stay suh? She didn't even give me a chance to give her the apology that I was cooking up. She just said her peace and gone.

I sat alone in the living room for another good ten minutes before hungry start box me. Peanut rose with a vengeance and it's the best place for her to do it too because mommy always have something here prepped.

Waking into the kitchen, I picked up the smell of pudding. I started to search until I found half of a pudding covered up and set aside.

This will do.

Taking a fork, I sat on mommy's kitchen stool and took a piece of the pudding. Hmmmm, yup, this definitely will do.

I'm not sure how long after, but some time after mommy and Dan walked in to see me polishing off the last of the pudding.

"Shanique!" Mommy yelled, frightening me to the point that I dropped the fork.

Dan had an amused look on his face and my mother looked like she wanted to strangle me.

Oops

"Shanique, don't tell me that you sit down round here and eat off the sumn. Yuh righted?"'she ask taking the bowl from me with a look of disbelief.

Her tone was so accusatory and stern and it triggered me immediately. I started to cry.

I was full on blubbering with snot running down my nose. Dan ran to my side immediately lifting me off the stool and taking me out of the kitchen. My mom looked at us confused but I couldn't process that at the moment.

He pulled me into my old bedroom and lifted me onto the bed.

"Hush my baby, she didn't mean to shout at you." Dan cooed at me. He wiped at my tear streaked face, before bombing me with wet kisses on my cheek.

"You're so pretty." He says with a gentle smile and I ducked my head down.

"A blush yah blush? Yah gwaan like yuh a nuh my Barbie." He teased and I giggled.

"I'm not a Barbie." I whispered

"Eeh? Wah fi stop eh?" He whispered back in the same tone and I shrugged.

"The Barbies dem nuh work." I say and he laughed out loud.

"Yuh work by choice. Any day you say babe, I wanna be a full-time housewife, mi mek it happen." He says while rubbing my thighs.

The sensation sent tingles to my crotch and I had to squeeze my legs together. However, Mr Observant notices and chuckles darkly.

"When we go home, mi take care a that fi you, okay princess?" He said with a promise in his voice and my heart soared.

"You sure?" I asked, because we haven't done anything intimate since I came back.

Horniness a kill me to be honest.

"Promise." He breathed just as we heard a throat clearing.

We both looked up to see my mom at the door.

"Do you guys have something that you want to tell me?" She asked, with her hand akimbo.

Anderson quickly turn to me and my eyes open wide as we stared at each other. His question was clear, are we telling people?

I don't want to many people to know about my situation because I'm still not sure if this one will make it, however, my mom has stood by us even when she was in the dark and I want her on this journey with us.

With me.

I nod and he sighed.

Watch him, did a dead fi tell him big friend bout him super sperms.

He rose up from the bed and stretched his hands towards me. I took it, using him as support to come off the bed.

We all headed towards the living room as Dan spoke.

"Come moms, mek mi tell yuh a likkle story." I couldn't help but laugh at his silliness.

——————

You know when you just know somebody? That's how it is with Anderson.

Like I can just tell when that little buggar up to something.

I kind of get why he is but I can't place what exactly it is. I sighed, rolling over to retrieve my phone from the bedside table.

I needed to check in with the spa, and CJ.

Today is our second anniversary and I'm honestly in shambles. A few months ago I thought I wouldn't even be able to celebrate this milestone but God has restored my marriage and for that I'm grateful.

I know we are planning to go to church this coming Sunday, and Anderson told me that he wants us to celebrate Saturday instead of today. So we will just be exchanging gifts and enjoying each other company for the time being.

Well, I have two major gifts for him, one for each year that is and then just a little treat.

He had been sleeping on my old bed for two months straight, I know his back hurting so a spa day will do him good.

After checking my messages and confirming that everything is still on track, I got out of bed and head to the en suite bathroom. I had gas and I needed to sort out that before I go present myself to my missing husband.

Walking into the bathroom the first thing I do is take my pre-natal vitamins. I can't miss any because I need all the extra boost that I can get. Along with these I have to ensure I am consuming enough iron, calcium and all kinds other shit.

It stressful but at least I have a husband who is attentive and willing to make it possible for me.

I know I am blessed in that department. If Peanut makes it out alive, I know she will be the most pampered and spoiled child there is.

Although Anderson say I must stop refer to his son as her. I just feel like it's a girl though, I don't know why.

Anyways, all I am praying for is a healthy baby. We don't have too much room for preference as is.

I took another hour in the bathroom, taking a quick shower and doing some light makeup.

As I mentioned, I know Anderson is up to something so I at least want to look decent. I don't know if there will be cameras around but, I'm being prepared.

Emerging from the bathroom I stopped in my tracks.

How did he even do this?

I couldn't control my emotions as I looked at the room that was overflowing with roses and gift bags. When did he do this?

It cya be the little time that I was in the bathroom.

I walked over to the bed tentatively taking in everything that's there. Floating heart balloons, a bouquet of roses which I picked up and smelled and then assessed the many gifts there was from all my favorite stores.

Now mi feel unprepared for our big day.

I climbed on the bed and grabbed the nearest bag, which was the black channel shopping bag.

I was nervous.

I carefully opened the packaging and it was a white, classic handbag. I pursed my lips and traced my hand over the detailing.

I love it.

Especially knowing that the multicolored one that I have is at the London flat, which I won't be going back to for now.

I put back the bag in the gift bag and continued my exploration.

It took me a good twenty minutes to sort through everything and I was speechless. Then one man can nice suh?

"Did you like everything?" Dan's vice drew my attention to the doorway and I smiled.

He was holding a breakfast tray, dressed in grey sweat shorts and nothing else.

"Thank you, I didn't expect all of this." I say looking around me at all the scattered gift bags.

"Why wouldn't you? It's a big day for us, two fucking years baby." He walked over to our little nook and laid the tray down. I quickly scrambled off the bed and approached him and the food.

It's was a continental style breakfast alongside orange juice and sparkling wine. Virgin mimosas for the dolly it seems.

Eating and talking with my husband was so refreshing. I was hurrying to finish eating though because I wanted to give him my present as well.

"I have something for you." I say, getting up from our little cozy spot by the bedroom window.

I walked over to my closet, where I had hid his presents and took up the flat box.

Handing it to him, I stood nervous while he took his time to open it and remove the thin layer of paper.

"Shan, yuh too lie!" He exclaimed.

He took out the two tickets and held them up to the light.

"They're not fake sir!" I laughed at his theatrics.

He turns and scoops me up, hugging me to him.

It was tickets to the NBA Finals, his team will be playing. I got him floor seats.

"This sick yuh fuck." He said when he puts me down.

"That comes with first class plane tickets, hotel accommodation and car service." I boasted, feeling proud of myself.

He kissed me briefly, but I wanted to deepen the kiss. We haven't had sex, I've only gotten head and I think I deserve some today.

"Shan..." Dan trailed off but I pulled him back to me.

"No, I want you. Please don't deny me."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

54.1K 4K 33
𝕬 𝕵𝖆𝖒𝖆𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝕹𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑 "Mhi cah badda wid stress inuh, as of today just act like yuh nuh know mhi" (PURELY FICTION!!)
76.1K 8.8K 43
Single mother Cassidy has been through a whole lot and is finally getting her life together, dream job, her own growing company, husband( or so she t...
16.9K 1.2K 22
"Since yuh nah no where fih go mi ago leave cah mi nah tek no disrespect from you,we done, dats why mi nuh sorry fih nobody"
20.2K 1K 39
Mature audiences only......if you aren't *shrugs "Come here." Mi know exactly wah guh happen if mi guh.