The Small Things [Elvis]

Od PurpleKorea134

Our favorite star Elvis Presley learns to love the smaller things in life... Elvis is working on the 1964 fil... Více

Chapter 1 - The Littlest Vet Out There
Chapter 2 - Thrown Through a Loop
Chapter 3 - Elvis Meets a Baby Elephant
Chapter 4 - A Little Clinic Gets a Big Guest
Chapter 5 - Sparks Start Flying on the Roadside
Chapter 6 - A Friendly Phone Call
Chapter 7 - Her Knight in a Black Suit
Chapter 8 - I Never Liked Saying I'm Sorry
Chapter 9 - A Small Visit to a Huge Set Lot
Chapter 10 - I Have a One-Track Heart
Chapter 11 - Elvis Gets a Puppy!
Chapter 12 - Big Love, Big Heartache
Chapter 13 - Something Overdue & Steamy

Chapter 14 - A Little Lady and a Big Star

153 8 2
Od PurpleKorea134

Little snores escaped her, and I found that absolutely adorable. The dogs were snoozing, too, as we all sat there on the sofa. Well, the dogs were sprawled out, and little Sandy was snuggled against Lila's chest. I pet Lila's head, and she didn't wake up. I looked over at Shannon as her head rested just below my shoulder. I smirked in an adoring way as I gazed down at her blonde head since I couldn't see her face.

We had talked for a little while as we sipped lemonade after that steamy kissing session in the kitchen area. We agreed that the first person to be hounded by the press would reveal our relationship. I had a feeling that it would be me since I was hounded by the press everywhere I went.

I was thrilled that Shannon got passed her fears and agreed to try this out. Honestly, she was desperate to be in a relationship with me, but she didn't want to people to call me names. Well, people would, and that was something that we just had to deal with.

Shannon shifted a little, and I saw her look up at me with her big blue eyes. "Hi," I said.

"Hey." She leaned off of me and stretched her arms. "Goodness, how long was I out?"

"Maybe half-an-hour."

Her pretty little features contorted in guilt. "I'm sorry. I've been so bushed, physically and emotionally. It feels as if my body's drained, and it's only seven o'clock."

"You want me to go so you can go to bed early?"

She took hold of my arm as she leaned against me. "No. I don't want you to go anywhere."

I pulled my arm out of her grasp and wrapped my arm around her. I kissed the top of her head. "I don't wanna go anywhere, either," I said against her hair that smelled of her nice perfume and shampoo.

I leaned my cheek on the top of her head, and we sat there like that for a little while. I thought about the picture in my pocket. Now that we were a thing, it would be safe to show her. I used my free hand to reach inside my pocket and pull it out. Shannon watched me do so curiously.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I wanna show ya somethin'."

I gave her the picture and she looked at it. She sat up straight, her eyes wide while looking at the picture. They shifted to me, then back at the picture. "When did you take this?"

"That day on the side of the road when you were watchin' me do that motorcycle scene. Remember, I got gash on my forehead?"

She rose her free hand and touched my bandage that was still there. "Of course I do. But how did you get this picture?"

"Some kid among the bystanders had a camera and I asked 'im if I could take a picture with it. So, I took one of you as you were talkin' to a lady. I just wanted somethin' to look at when you weren't around. Like when I was talkin' with ya on the phone that time, I was lookin' at that picture."

She continued to look at it. "I... actually look good in this."

"Psht, you kiddin'? You're beautiful in it. You're always beautiful, Shannon."

She smiled as blush appeared on her cheeks. She looked up at me. "And you're the most handsome man I've ever seen in person or anywhere else."

I lifted her chin, leaned down, and kissed her sweet, soft lips, but only for a couple of seconds. "Thanks," I said near her mouth. "So... I hope we can last."

"I hope that, too, but you never know. People will talk..."

"So what? If they have qualms about us, then that's their problem."

"I just hope you're not permanently slandered for the rest of your life."

I smirked as my thumb traced her lips. "Well, if I am, it's for a good reason." I leaned in and kissed her again. "I love you, Shannon."

"And I love you."

We kissed again, and like in the kitchen, a dog interrupted, only this time, it was Sandy trying to get into my lap. Shannon and I both chuckled. "Hey, little guy," I said and placed the dog in a comfortable position, and he remained there. "Man, he's cute."

"He is. I'm glad that he and Lila hit it off."

"Yeah, it's just too bad that I'll have to head back to Memphis after filmin's through in a couple of weeks." I looked back at Shannon. "I'm tempted to take you with me."

She gasped and stared at me. "Oh my, I couldn't leave this little vet and move somewhere else!"

It was endearing that she loved her clinic so much, but it was a little hurtful that she didn't want to leave it for me. But it made sense, considering what she went through to get to where it was at the moment. "Relax, I was just sayin'. I'll just miss ya."

She snuggled against me, the picture still in her hand. "I'll miss you, too."

"Are you gonna continue bein' in show business?"

"I don't know... Maybe I can do both. I just know I'm not going to leave being a vet. I love it too much."

"You love animals that much, huh?"

"I do. They're my life. No matter what happens, they always will be."

The both of us loved animals, which was nice. Every woman I went on with had to love animals. "Even bein' involved with a famous guy?" I joked.

"No offense, but yes. If I had to choose between saving and animal and going somewhere with you, I would choose saving the animal. You would have to wait."

I laughed. "If I was in your shoes, I'd do the same thing. Back at home, there's animals runnin' all over the place. They're pretty important to me, too." I pet little Sandy in my lap as his eyelids drooped.

"I know. That's one of the things I love about you—your love of animals. If you didn't like animals, I don't care if you're my favorite star. It wouldn't work."

"Did the last guy you were with like animals?"

"Well enough. But let's not talk about him. He's a memory I would like to forget."

"And a guy I wanna slug for what he did to ya." I looked down at her. "So... you wanna do this?"

"I do." She looked up at me. "After my last failed relationship, I lost hope of finding a guy who would love me for me and not care about my height. Then you came along. Who knew that the guy I was looking for would be my favorite star?"

"I'm glad that I was that guy for ya, but... you have somethin' wrong with what you just said."

Her brows pushed together. "What?"

"I care about your height. It makes ya all the more cute. And I've said it before—you wouldn't be you without your small stature."

"Even if I'm the size of a child, you still want to be in a relationship with me?"

"You're no child. You're a grown woman with nice feminine curves and assets. You're just small. That's all."

Her face turned red when I mentioning her assets. "I... guess. It's just something to get used to."

"I can help with that."

I leaned down yet again and kissed her soft lips. Oh, how I loved them. Loved her. And she loved me. We would be together as long as we could. I would make sure of it. I could see myself staying in LA for a lot longer than planned.

~ ~ ~

It didn't take long for the press to find me. They didn't see me after I left Shannon's place around ten at night, but they caught me as I was leaving my LA house the next morning. And of course, they asked about Shannon. Time to tell the world.

"Mr. Presley, could you tell us about your relationship with Dr. Shannon Comm? Is it true that you two are in a romantic relationship?"

As the dozen reporters of mostly men stood with pens and pads ready, I said honestly, "Yes, there is. And to answer more questions regardin' what she may say about it, she agreed to be in a relationship with me. We don't care about what people may say about us. Yes, Shannon is a little person, but she's a young woman who's as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside, and she's one of the best vets here in LA. She and I make a good match."

"Do you see yourself in a long relationship with her, Mr. Presley?" asked another reporter as the others scribbled on their notepads.

I looked around at them all. I knew that whatever I said would be made public. "Yes. I see that. Given, I have to go back to Memphis in a couple of weeks, but I can see Shannon and I lastin' years."

"Are you not going to take her with you to Memphis?" asked the same reporter.

"No. She wants to stay here because she is dedicated to savin' and takin' care of your pets and mine. And I respect that since I myself love animals."

They wrote away, and I was hammered again with questions, but Jerry and Red pushed me through the crowd to the car. I was confident that I gave enough information to please people's curiosity regarding me and Shannon. And if people didn't like us as a couple, and if people still called me names, then whatever. I loved that little gal, and nothing could change that.

~ ~ ~

EPLIOGUE

The Graceland pastures behind the house were pretty empty. Where were the horses? They were supposed to be let out to graze early this morning.

Someone came up beside me as I stood on the back veranda and looked out over the fields. "What's on your mind, son?"

"Wasn't Charlie gonna let out the horses this mornin'?"

"You didn't hear?"

"Hear what?"

"The horses are gettin' their annual checkup today by a vet."

Some warm morning wind blew a bit, displacing some of my dark hair that was oiled into place. "I see. Yeah, no one told me about it. I've been pretty out of the loop about things since I got back few weeks ago."

"That's okay. It takes a little while to get back into your home routine. You've done it plenty of times."

"Yeah, I know, I just find myself adjustin' rather slowly this time."

We both stood there as a couple chickens walked around over near the fence. Shannon once told me that she took care of chickens sometimes. She saw all animals if they were in need or just needed a checkup.

"I miss 'er, Daddy," I said. "Shannon. This talk of a vet comin' is makin' my heart hurt."

"You call her every day, though, and sometimes, she calls you and you talk to her twice in one day."

"I know, but it's not the same. I guy wants to hug and kiss his girlfriend all the time." He patted my shoulder for comfort, and I smirked. "Thanks." I took a breath. "So, when's this vet supposed to come, huh?"

"Any time from now on. She said sometime in the morning."

"She? It's a woman vet?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?"

"Yeah, since it's gonna make me miss Shannon even more."

"I think you'll be just fine, Elvis."

I saw a twinkle in his eye. "What's that supposed to mean?"

The back door opened behind us, and both Daddy and I turned and saw Jerry come out. "Hey," he said and walked up to us, a smile on his face. "The vet's here. You want me to send her back?"

"Sure," I said, and Jerry left us, sniggering. Now, why was he doing that? Why were he and Daddy acting funny?

"I'll see ya, son," Daddy said. "Show the vet to the stables."

He left, and I about protested, but he was already gone. I turned back to face the fields. I walked out into the grass so the vet knew I would be the one to show her the stables. Might as well get this over with. This woman was probably a fan of mine and was more than happy to come here.

I looked over at the stables as I heard the back door open and light footsteps on the veranda, and they started in the grass. Something caught my sniffer. I knew that smell. I would know it anywhere.

Oh, no way...

I turned around, and standing there, grinning at me, was Shannon. Without saying a word as my heart began rapidly jumping around inside of me, I walked up to her as she dropped her bag, and I lifted her up off the ground and wrapped my arms around her as she wrapped her arms and legs around me. I twirled around a couple times.

"Shannon, you sneaky little lady," I said as I had my face in her long blonde hair.

"I know. I wanted this to be a surprise."

"The vet check on the horses was a ruse, wasn't it?"

"It mostly was, but I'm actually going to check them out. Golly, I missed you."

"I missed you, too, baby."

She leaned out, but still clung onto me, and I held her to me. She was so beautiful, and those lips... I touched them with mine, and our lips moved with each other for a few wonderful seconds as the serene property surrounded us.

"Man, I missed those lips of yours," I said right near her mouth. "Now, you gonna explain all this to me?"

"I arrived yesterday, but I've been in contact with your father and Jerry since you left LA. I was pretty busy at the clinic and making field trips to zoos and other places, so this was the soonest I was able to get over here."

Later, I would have a serious talk with my father and Jerry. "Please tell me you're stayin'."

"Only for a week, then I have to go back home."

"Dammit. Well, you're stickin' to me like glue until then, okay?"

"That makes me think of your song."

"I'll sing it to ya on the way to the stables." I went and picked up her bag, and I carried her as she was to the stables. All the while, I crooned my song to her, and our gazes never left one another. When we reached the fence, I had her sit on it for a minute.

"I'm gonna stick like glue, stick because I'm stuck on you," I sang as the soft wind blew, and birds chirped around. "I love you, Shannon. You know I don't care that people have been sayin' stuff about us."

"I don't care, either. And... I love you, too."

I smiled and leaned in, but she stopped me. "Let me see your horses first. I have job to do."

I laughed. "Okay, okay. Let's go."

We headed to the stables as she walked along beside me, hand-in-hand and up to my belly. The world would forever remember us, a little lady and a big star.

END

Thank you so much for reading! Check out my other Elvis stories!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.6K 109 12
Elvis, freshly returned home from the army on March 7th, 1960, is a bit sore from losing his mother and coming home to his Graceland mansion without...
30.8K 592 25
All of the rarest candids of Elvis had someone behind them. What if it was you? Y/n had grown up with Elvis. Played together, bullied together, and e...
720 36 22
You all remember the music teacher that told Elvis that he has no aptitude for singing? Well, in this story, this teacher happens to be a pretty youn...
3.4K 151 25
Book #2 of Girl of Mine ✑ It's the things you thought were yours. It's the lack of control and how you ought to make the most of what you have. Love...