Wilted Petals | A Hermitcraf...

By XShadowCasterX

Grian and his friends on Hermitcraft are close. They've been friends for a while, and they have never really... More

A Conversation
A Quick Google Search
A Visit
A Hug
A Needed Talk
A Wake Up Call
A Moment
An Inevitable Confrontation
A Single Phrase

A Dream

1.7K 57 155
By XShadowCasterX

TW: Derealization, Panic Attacks, Blood, Gore

A quick summary will be at the beginning of the next chapter if you cannot read any of these topics.

(I apologize in advance fot what I am about to do)

Grian opened his eyes and found himself sat- at his desk?

"But I thought..." he said. What on earth was going on?

He sat there, trying to figure out what could have possibly happened.

He felt... weird. It was like a strange sense of deja vu, even though this hadn't happened before.

Grian rubbed his eyes and checked the time. His desktop clock read '0:00.'

That was strange. Grian didn't remember setting his computer to military time.

Grian looked around his room. It looked like midnight.

Had everything just been a dream? His conversation with Mumbo, the flower petals... wad none of it real?

Had he just been asleep for an hour?

Grian suddenly noticed that his desktop was still open to Discord. Just then, he got a message from Scar.

'We're going to start soon. Can you get on the server?'

'Start? Start what?' Grian replied.

'Start the event. Can you get on the server?'

Grian was confused. He didn't remember the others setting a time for the event.

And he definitely didn't expect it to start at-

0:00?

That was weird. Grian didn't realize how fast that whole conversation had been.

He shrugged it off and began to boot up Minecraft. Once he was on the server, he joined the Hermit's call.

Grian noticed that when he joined, he was standing at spawn. He could have sworn that he had been in his base the last time he was online.

He found himself surrounded by the other Hermits, including,

"Mumbo?" Grian asked. Hadn't he'd just been talking to him?

"Hello Grian," he responded, a bit stiffly.

"Grian, we all wanted to talk to you."

Grian turned to look at Pearl, who had been speaking.

"Alright," he said, feeling a bit nervous, "What's up?"

Xisuma stepped forward. "Grian, we don't think you should be on the server anymore," he said matter-of-factly.

"What?" Grian asked. Were they actually serious? And-

Had this happened before?

"Grian, you've just become too much of-"

"A nuisance!" Ren interjected.

"Yes," Xisuma continued, "A nuisance."

"And you don't even add to the content anymore," Pearl added.

Grian felt his head begin to spin. What was going on? Was he really being kicked off the server?

Grian didn't know how to respond. All he could do was sit there in shock. That was until his eyes wandered over to the clock.

0:00

"It- that can't be right," Grian said to himself. How had he had this whole conversation in less than a minute?

Unless-

Unless he hadn't.

Grian jumped out of his chair and ran to his bedroom. He grabbed the alarm clock from his dresser and it too read '0:00'.

"This isn't right." Grian said. "This isn't real."

He began searching his desk until he found his phone.

0:00.

"This isn't real!" he shouted. He suddenly felt his chest get tighter, almost as if his lungs weren't filled with air.

"The petals," he gasped. He ran to the sink and turned the faucet on, but no water came out.

Grian began to cough violently, and petal after petal came up. Blood sprayed onto his kitchen tile. Grian couldn't get any oxygen into his lungs.

He began to gasp, trying desperately to get any air into his lungs. But it was only petals. They made a pile on the floor, blood beginning to pool under it.

Grian's eyes filled with tears, and he couldn't tell whether it was because he couldn't breathe or because he was scared or because he could feel himself dying.

The petals now filled his whole kitchen, covering the floor completely. Grian fell onto his hands and knees, the blood on the floor sticking to them.

He couldn't see at this point. His eyes were a blur of red. His ears were ringing. The room looked foggy.

The only thought in his mind was that he couldn't breathe. His chest heaved, his lungs trying so desperately to get air, to get anything that wasn't rose petals. Grian couldn't breathe.

He couldn't breathe.

He couldn't breathe couldn't breathe couldn't breathe couldntbreathecouldntbreathecouldntbreatheCOULDNTBREATHECOULDNTBREATHECOULDNTBREATHECOULDNTBREATHE-

...

Grian woke up in a cold sweat. He was trembling and gasping for air, inhaling it greedily when he realized it was air and not those blasted flower petals.

Sweat and tears ran down his face, and Grian pressed a hand to his forehead. He was still trying to steady his breath.

Grian stood up shakily and grabbed his phone off of his dresser. He checked the time. His phone flashed '8:37'.

Thank god that was over.

Grian sighed, and he began making his way to the bathroom. However, his attention was caught by something red on the floor.

A red rose petal.

"Shit," Grian mumbled. He picked up the petal off the ground. This couldn't be true-

Grian then noticed more flower petals scattered across the floor, and he began to follow them. They grew more numerous as he got closer to his desk.

There, Grian saw hundreds of them surrounding his desk. His breath caught in his throat as he remembered everything that had happened.

Did everything happen?

Had everything happened?

Grian didn't know what was real. He didn't know if those dreams were real or not.

Was he real?

Grian took a deep breath and tried to ignore the shaking in his hand.

He crumpled up the petal and threw it to the ground with the others.

He walked shakily back to his bathroom. He knew he still had to brush his teeth, change, comb his hair-

Grian froze. Inside his bathroom were more petals. They filled the sink and the wastebin, and they littered the floor to the point where Grian couldn't even see his floor.

"No," he said firmly. "No more petals."

He dropped to his knees and began sweeping them out the door with his hands, but no matter what they still covered the floor. The more he swept away, the more he found buried underneath.

He stood up, perplexed. He looked at himself in the mirror but found that

he wasn't there.

Grian didn't have a reflection.

He just had a foggy silhouette, a shaking outline of himself.

Grian's attention was pulled back to the floor. The petals began to wilt, decaying rapidly until they began to disintegrate.

Grian watched in horror as he realized that the floor was made of these flower petals. And it was collapsing underneath him.

The floor fell out from underneath him, and he began to free fall until-

...

Grian woke up with another gasp.

God he hated that.

He was full on shaking at this point and he couldn't focus on anything.

"Oh thank God!" Mumbo said.

Grian looked at Mumbo and breathed a sigh of relief. He was back. He felt safer knowing Mumbo was there with him.

Mumbo rushed over to Grian and wrapped him in a tight hug. "You passed out and I was so scared."

Grian, although surprised by Mumbo's sudden gesture of affection, returned the hug.

Grian smiled and said, "It's good to see you too."

They both sat there for a second, holding each other. Grian felt so much better with Mumbo.

He suddenly became very aware of how dry his throat was.

Grian coughed, although this time no petals came up.

"Mumbo?" he asked, "Are there any glasses of water here?"

"Oh," Mumbo said, a bit apologetically, "That's right. I was supposed to get for you."

"It's alright," Grian replied. "I can get one for myself."

Grian strolled over to the kitchen to grab a glass from the cupboard. However, he noticed the shards of glass on the floor and decided to begin cleaning them up.

He grabbed a dust pan and sat on the floor. Very carefully, he began placing the pieces into the dustpan.

But sure enough, he accidently cut his hand.

"Dammit," he said under his breath. Then Grian noticed something odd.

The cut didn't actually hurt.

He watched as the blood ran down his hand and dripped onto the kitchen tile, but still, the cut didn't hurt.

Then Grian noticed something out of the corner of his eye. He turned and saw Mumbo standing behind him with an unreadable expression.

"Mumbo?" Grian questioned, but before he could say anything further his attention was drawn to the large shard of glass in Mumbo's hand.

Grian felt his heart drop. "Mumbo, what are you-"

But before Grian could finish, Mumbo plunged the shard of glass deep into his chest.

Grian watched as blood spilled from the wound, along with the cut still on his hand. It pooled on the floor, but still the wounds never hurt.

Grian felt his head spin as black spots clouded his vision. All he could do was look at the expanding pool of red that sat underneath him.

Grian grabbed onto the shard and pulled it out. He watched as the blood drained from him, but Grian didn't feel any pain as he collapsed onto the ground, his vision going fully black.

...

Grian woke up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 133 26
Zak Ahmed also known as Skeppy online is always trolling and having fun with his friends but what would happen if Skeppy caught feelings for his best...
17.1K 564 24
Grian has just joined Hermitcraft, a minecraft smp. He makes friends along the way slowly easing into his new life, knowing he can't tell them about...
1.9K 78 11
Watchers. Mythical beings of immense power, their original purpose having been to guide and protect the balance of Servers. But now, their purpose ha...
59.7K 2K 15
✦ Complete ✦ !DISCLAIMER I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HERMITCRAFT! me mixing three universes into one. bare with me here. Grian has already had a traumatic...