Ma'oare (Neteyam x Aonung)

Par Lakai_mckay03

"You are Ma'oare," "What? oare? Are you calling me a big head?" I replied, getting a bit mad. "Hee hee, no d... Plus

Chapter 1
Notice
Chapter 2
NOTICE
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
]Chapter 5[
]Chapter 6 (Republish)[
Notice
NOTICE
]Chapter 7[
]Chapter 9[
]Chapter 10 (Republish)[
]Chapter 11[
]Chapter 12[
]Chapter 13[
]Chapter 14[
SPOILER
]Chapter 15[
]Chapter 16[
]Chapter 17[
}Chapter 18{
}Chapter 19{
MAJOR SPOILER
}CHAPTER 20{
}Chapter 21 (Republished){
}Chapter 22{
}Chapter 23{

]Chapter 8[

3.8K 98 29
Par Lakai_mckay03

Third Person POV.

They got off in shallow waters as it was the limit for their Ilus and walked on to the sandy shores

 for the declaration of winner for the bet. Aonung threw his pouch over his shoulder and marched off to the  shore while exaggerating his shoulder movements so that his fishing pouch could swing sideways as if to show off to the lean Na'vi behind him. Neteyam witnessing this, laughed at the teal Na'vis funny march which also looked  cute. It was obvious to him that the other thinks that he has won this bet.

Aonung dropped his fishing pouch on the  sand and turned to the lean Na'vi with expectations, but he was surprised to see Neteyam taking off the saddle of the Ilu,

"What are you doing?" said Aonung wearing an expression of question, till he saw the other shift the saddle to his shoulder when he saw the Ilu pouch bloated. His mind raced in thoughts hoping that what he was seeing isn't what he think it was but to his dismay Neteyam bought the saddle opening the bloated pouch to reveal  freshly caught fish. Some of the fishes were still wobbling in the pouch so the lean Na'vi decided to pour the catch out and crouched down to do away the fishes life with his dagger.

Neteyam pretended to forget about the bet and just focused on the fishes while the shocked Na'vi stood watching in shock and with both hands on his head in disbelief of what's in front of him. Aonung kept looking between his pouch and the mountain of fish that Neteyam had with his mouth agape, flabbergasted, clearly knowing who has won this bet. The shock expression that he held slowly morphed into a scowl, Neteyam glanced at him and held in his laughter cause he was still pretending to be unaware of everything. The crouching Na'vi pretended to gasp as if to remember something and looked at Aonung,

"Oh, i forgot you were standing there. Where is your catch? aren't we suppose to compare them now?" said Neteyam mockingly, Aonung hissed in frustration and threw his hands in the air. That was it for Neteyam his laughter fell through, he was watching everything Aonung had been doing earlier, his happy mood and how it all turned sour, it was such sight. From his gestures to his small pout, he just had to do it, it to much for him to handle so he laughed his bottoms off till his stomach hurts from it. 

Aonung on the other hand wasn't having it, he stood with crossed arms and glared at a laughing Neteyam sprawled on the sand. Just when Neteyam had finally recovered from the laugh and tried to stand up, he saw the way Aonung was standing with his arms crossed and fell back to the ground laughing. Aonung just felt the need to give up cause he knew the Na'vi  can't be stopped, so he walked away  and bought his pouch of fish, and poured it on Neteyams catch. After that he went towards a near by bush, cut out some large heart shaped leaves and he carried them to the ocean for cleaning. When he returned he sat down with them and placed the gutted fish on one leaf and the other ones on the other leaf. 

The Teal Na'vi gutted the fish in defeating silence while Neteyam had his fill in laughter and victory. Soon his laughter came to an end and he joined in gutting the fish but once in a while he would glance at the other and chuckle softly remembering the past moment. 

At one point Aonung caught Neteyams glance and a smile crawled up on both their faces,

"Damn, i thought i was gonna win that bet," said Aonung looking back at the fish in hand gutting it and still carrying a smile from earlier,

"Well, the future is something unpredictable my FRIEND," replied Neteyam as he bumped his shoulder on Aonung playfully. Aonung jokingly glared at Neteyam making him laugh again, the sound of his laugh became a different experience for the Teal Na'vi now. Earlier the suitable term for his laugh was annoying but now it was very pleasant to listen to. When he looked at the lean Na'vi laughing, he noticed how his face cheeks would lift up in happiness and his chartreuse yellow eyes would shimmer in joy so he just let  Neteyam laugh with no intentions of stopping him. The fish gutting continued in a now comforting and foreign feeling atmosphere.

When the last gutted fish was dropped to its patch, Neteyam sighed out of relief and fully sat on the sand with his legs fully stretched out while his hands braces his weight behind him. Aonung on the other hand who is more familiar with this experience was not tired and stood up carrying the leaf with the gutted fish carefully. He then carried it to the oceans for cleaning but before that he nudged Neteyam using with leg and told him to bring the net and follow him. They walked into shallow waters with the waters reaching just half way up on their thighs and stopped. Aonung poured the fish into the net as Neteyam holds it and they sieve the blood off the fish off in the ocean waters. Seeing that fishes were now clean they took it back to the shore and put them back into Aonungs pouch since it was bigger. They left the pouch in a good position and they sat side by side and peacefully looked out into the sea. 

Over this time the two thought about the same thing, how to start a conversation, they were no strangers to being social but at this moment they just suddenly became timid to start one. The two would occasionally steal glances at each other when one is not looking  and to their luck Aonung stomach growled in hunger. The latter didn't know whether to feel happy or embarrass but nevertheless this was a opportunity to start a conversation

"AHHH! (Aonung exclaimed as he stretched his arms)well, I'm hungry so I'm going to eat," saying this Aonung stood up on his own and walked off, Neteyam just sat there awkwardly cause he though the teal Na'vi would at least invite him to have lunch together so he felt  a bit sadden by it. Aonung walking off thought that the other Na'vi would follow so he turned around and called out to him, Neteyam stood abruptly forgetting his former feelings and tailed the other.

"So what are we gonna  eat?" asked the Neteyam, Aonung answered saying roasted fish but the lean Na'vi was too tired of roasted fish, they always serve that everyday after lessons and Neteyam is tired of the same thing.

The lean Na'vi looked around hoping food would to just fall out of the sky till his eyes landed on the jungle ahead of them.

"Aonung , lets check out the jungle," said Neteyam.

"No, i wanna eat," denied the teal Na'vi.

Neteyam wasn't taking no for an a answer so he took hold off Aonungs hand and dragged him towards the jungle. Despite the teal Na'vi groaning of not wanting to go he didn't try to wiggle himself away from his grasp and let himself be dragged, leaving all their stuff on the beach. 

Upon entering the jungle the the heavy scent of moisture from the plants around them met their noses, the sunlight entered in thin curtains from the giant canopies, touching  colourful and mostly green plants that lay below. The green scenery was something familiar that lean Na'vi had missed seeing but also he was amazed by some flora that were very new to him. With each new flora he comes across he looks at them with such interest and joy, feeling its texture and mumbling little prayers thanking the great mother for such a creation. The teal Na'vi on the other hand was still dragged by him and he didn't mind it, to him it was surprisingly nice. The action had awoken a certain emotion in him that was foreign yet pleasing to to feel. 

Neteyam felt like a child again as looked at all the flora in front of him he would ask the teal Na'vi once in while of what these flora were and their uses and he would answer bluntly.  Neteyam finally let go of the teal Na'vi and ran up to tree as he caught sight of a familiar fruit.

"Aonung, look that's an Utumauti (canopy fruit) i use to eat back at home. to think that they would grow here too," excitedly said Neteyam. Aonung looked at fruit that is being pointed out and looked back at Neteyam,

"You eat that back at home?" questioned the Metkayina and Neteyam looked at him in surprise,

"You have never tasted Utumauti?" he asked.

"Nope," answered Aonung.

"Seriously?! can't blame you they are a rare fruit too. Back at home when someone finds it they are consider to be lucky. Fine, wait here I'll get some for us," Neteyam saying this left to climb the tree. 

At first he hugged the tree to get a grip on it and then started stepping on to any bump on the trunk to be a climbing step for him. As soon as he stepped on the bump he push himself forward and gripped on to a nearby branch like that he was able to climb further with such ease and expertise. 

Meanwhile Aonung who was told to stay behind watched the lean Na'vi in amazement as he worked in his element. He had always heard stories about how they swing in trees or climb them and he always thought of it as a funny thing, but now witnessing this he had to see them in a new light. The way the Omaticaya would whip out his hand in flash to grab hold of a branch and to lift himself upwards with his legs working in harmony stepping and gripping on bumps for support while his tail swivels to mange his weight. The latter was in awe of such swift movements climbing up the tree, the way his muscle would flex when it was stressed under weight being pulled or relaxed and he witnesses the possessed hair looking more natural as moves with its owner making things more eye worth to watch.

When Neteyam had finally reached the fruit he sat down on the branch with both his legs dangling from the sides. He reached out to the fruits and got hold of them then twisted them off the plant. 

"Aonung!" he called out.

Aonung heard his name being called and had to strain his eyes a bit to look at Neteyam because the sunlight was hitting his eyes so he moved a step back for shade. Like that he was able to see Neteyam clearly, the sight that greeted him caused his heart to do little flips. From where he stood Neteyam looked very....beautiful... that was the only term that Aonung could think off that would suit such a sight. The lean Na'vi looked down with smile with his canines in full display, his braids had been hanging freely framed his face making it look round and making his smile more lively and vibrant, the sunlight shined from behind him creating a halo around his figure.

"Hey!, are you listening? catch the fruit or do you want to catch it with your face," like that the dazed teal Na'vi snapped out of it and frowned at Neteyam. Then he got  his hands braced to catch the fruit.

Neteyam threw the fruits carefully into the Aonung waiting hands. He then caught a vine and pulled it checking to see if it would support his weight for a swing. Feeling satisfied by its strength the lean Na'vi jumped of the branch and let out a victory cry in joy as swung descending to the grounds. Aonung watched this and wanted to try it out cause it looked fun, so when Neteyam landed he rushed forward and told him to teach him tree climbing.

"ok some other day but not now I'm tired and hungry lets go eat," said a tired Neteyam, Aonung frowned at him and wanted to protest but he also felt himself being hungry so he agreed on to leaving.

They followed a trail back to the beach and luckily their pouch was still in the same condition, the two decide to do task individually, Neteyam will get and cook the fish while Aonung starts the fire.

Earlier, Neteyam had found some Rawp (Bladder polyp) which is scrub that contains salt and water in their conoid shaped leaves and bought it with him, with this he marinated it on the fish with one of the picked Utumauti  that was mashed by hands and was in a leaf that was shaped in a hollowed to be used as a bowl. The fish stayed in the marinate till the fire was lit for cooking then they kebabbed them on to a stick and vertically planted the the kebab inclined towards the fire for roasting.

When it was ready and cooked thoroughly by Neteyams observations he took them away from the flame and straightaway gave Aonung his share. Neteyam dug into his food slowly as it was still hot yet it was better to eat it as such. The teal Na'vi watched him eat in a gratifying manner yet he was cautious of the food because he has never eaten them with these ingredients but he swallowed his wariness and took a bite into the food. The fish blew him away, it was delicious he had never tasted such harmonious sweet and bitter fish. The sweet presumably from the fruit swirled greatly in the taste bud yet it wasn't overly sweet due to the bitterness from the salt and the fruit also had it distinctive floral  aftertaste that was very alluring . Aonung eyes widen upon eating the food and quickly munched down  the fish. Once the two had finished eating they discarded everything and prepared themselves to go back to the hunters randevu,

"Hey, why don't we come back here tomorrow and explore the jungle?" said Neteyam as they mount themselves on to their Ilus.

"UMMM," Aonung heard this and looked at him and pretended to be take his time thinking as he didn't want the latter to think that he was eager and happy to asked because he also wanted to venture the jungle with him.

Neteyam misunderstood and thought that he was gonna reject him so quickly replied,

" I'll use my first wish! i humbly ask of you Aonung to join me venturing the jungles tomorrow," the hunting today was filled with some much fun and he very much enjoyed Aonung being with him, his presence was something calming and attractive to him so he wants to get closer to him.

Aonung exterior reaction looked unbothered and he replied,

"Well, a warrior must always keep their promises. Since your using you wish i have no choice," like that the teal Na'vi agreed and truthfully he was jumping in joy inside. The two youngest subtly turned to away from each other and smiled then looked back forward pretending like nothing happened.

"Race you back?" challenged Neteyam.

"Oh bring it on Yamyam," Aonung replied as descends into the waters speeding away from Neteyam.

Neteyam froze by the sudden nick name,

"Yamyam? what the hell is that? hey! fish lips wait up. what is a Yamyam?"  shouted Neteyam as he trailing the teal Na'vi off back home. 

The after day that they met at the same spot as promised and ventured the jungle where they learned a lot about each other and unconsciously grew close to each other, this became a ongoing occurrence as they have mentally made this their personal meeting spot.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 8!!! longest chapter ever. So I've been gone for a few days sorry about that but i had to rest cause i suffered from low BP and nearly fainted. Now i also can't eat junk or cake and there was  a birthday :( yesterday. chap 9 later tonight, hehe toddles ;)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

104K 2.2K 36
"Raeya!" He said and lifted the newborn baby into the air. The entire village had gathered to greet the new baby girl and witness the miracle of birt...
134K 3.4K 24
"𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐'𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘱𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘶𝘩-𝘩𝘶𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪�...
4.4K 134 14
You are a girl who loves the ocean. I mean, who wouldn't. You're the daughter of the Olo'eyktan. However, being sisters with the perfect daughter is...
8.8K 69 16
'I THOUGHT THAT I WAS 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐍' WHEN YOU SAID YOU LOVE ME.' y/n in this book is female! a series of avatar imagines and one/shots