𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

Sadie Hawkins

1.3K 68 30
By mayasbitxh

"Who was the idiot who thought that having a Sadie Hawkins dance was gonna be a good idea?" Adalynn asked as she collapsed on the couch after school with Oreo. "School dances are so lame."

Woof.

"Okay, fine. I'm just saying that because I don't have a date."

Woof.

"No, Oreo, Quinn can't come back to take me."

Woof.

"How dare you accuse me of that! I do not still have feelings for her!"

"You're a really bad liar, Adalynn," Julian said as he walked into the living room and sat down next to his cousin on the couch. "I thought you'd be more excited?"

"You thought wrong," Adalynn scoffed.

"You're really not gonna go?" the older boy asked.

"Why would I? I'd rather be at home in my bed with Oreo."

Arf!

"See? He knows he's special."

****

"I want to sit under Venus," Sugar dreamily said as the New Directions entered the astronomy room.

"I want to sit under Uranus," Sam said as a few members laughed.

"Don't be a ducking idiot, Trouty," Adalynn scoffed as she sat down with Ava.

"Duck stoopid, Trout," Ava giggled, sticking her tongue out at the blonde boy.

"Awa, nicey," Maya scolded her little sister.

"Me no nicey," Ava shook her head.

"So, this week in Glee Club, it's ladies' choice, inspired by the Sadie Hawkins dance," Finn said as he and Julian started the meeting.

"Which I thought of," Jori raised her hand. "It was my idea."

"Yes, thank you, Jori," Julian said with a roll of his eyes. "And every girl will sing to whoever they want to take to the dance."

"This is bull shit," Adalynn grumbled.

"Daddy, es bull shit!" Ava yelled as Tina placed a hand to her mouth to hide her amused smile.

"Quit teaching her curse words!" Bailey scolded her best friend, playfully hitting her on the arm.

"Yeah, Adalynn," Julian said, trying not to laugh. "Quit teaching our kids naughty words."

"Shut up, Julian," Bailey scoffed, glaring at the father of her children. "You're no better than she is."

"Bails, it's just a phase she's in," Tina said, rubbing her girlfriend's back. "Babies copy what they see, you know this. Ava will grow out of it, right, Adalynn?"

"Will you be Mommy's good little girl?" Adalynn asked the baby in her lap.

"No," Ava said with a roll of her blue eyes.

"Mommy, me good," Maya said, smiling up at Bailey. "Awa bad."

"Me no nicey," Ava giggled as Bailey gave Adalynn a pointed glare.

The brunette sighed and pulled a bag of cheerios out of her bag, making Ava gasp. She reached a grabby hand out, pouting when the older girl held it out of her reach.

"Ada, me want rios," Ava whined. "Me hunger."

"Will you be good?" Adalynn asked, cocking a brow at the younger twin.

"Me good for Ada," she nodded.

"Will you be good for your mom?"

"Huhhh..." Ava looked between her mom and Adalynn, making small whining noises. "Yah. Me good for Ada and Mommy."

"Okay," Adalynn said, opening the bag of cheerios and placing a few on the desk.

"Tants, Ada!" Ava chirped, eagerly reaching for the cereal.

****

Tina watched with a smile as Bailey and Brittany performed Tell Him. Throughout the whole number, Bailey's eyes were on Tina, and Adalynn exchanged a knowing look with Sugar as the number came to a close.

"Sam," Brittany said as she walked up to the blonde boy. "Will you go to Sadie Hawkins with me?"

"Honor it would be," Sam said, impersonating Yoda.

"Thank you," Brittany giggled, as Adalynn rolled her eyes.

"Tina," Bailey said as she walked up to her girlfriend and took her hands. "Will you go to the Sadie Hawkins dance with me?"

"I'd love to," Tina smiled as she stood up to hug Bailey.

****

Adalynn was at her locker putting her things away. The dance was later that night, and she was feeling more down about it that she had all week. It's not that she was upset nobody asked her – she couldn't care less about that – but it was more that she was missing Quinn.

She didn't know what she expected. Maybe she thought that hooking up the last time she was here would change something, but she was wrong. They hadn't spoken since she left to go back to Yale, and she hadn't even bothered to return any of her calls or texts.

Adalynn ran a hand through her hair as she made her way to the auditorium, which thankfully wasn't being occupied by the Cheerios. She made her way up to the stage and expressed her emotions in the only healthy way she knew how.

You said it in a simple way
4 AM, the second day
How strange that I don't know you at all
Stumbled through the long goodbye
One last kiss, then catch your flight
Right when I was just about to fall

I told myself, "Don't get attached"
But in my mind, I play it back
Spinning faster than the plane that took you

And this is when the feeling sinks in
I don't wanna miss you like this
Come back, be here, come back, be here
I guess you're in New York today
I don't wanna need you this way
Come back, be here, come back, be here

Flashbacks played in her mind as she sang, making that sinking feeling all more real. She should've known that they didn't stand a chance after the break up. She should've known that she was nothing more than an easy hook up that meant everything to her but absolutely nothing to Quinn.

She hated her.

But she loved her, and that's why she can never say goodbye.

The delicate beginning rush
The feeling you can know so much
Without knowing anything at all
And now that I can put this down
If I had known what I know now
I never would've played so nonchalant

Taxi cabs and busy streets
That never bring you back to me
I can't help but wish you took me with you

And this is when the feeling sinks in
I don't wanna miss you like this
Come back, be here, come back, be here
I guess you're in London today
And I don't wanna need you this way
Come back, be here, come back, be here

Oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh-oh, oh-oh

This is falling in love in the cruelest way
This is falling for you when you are worlds away
In New York, be here
But you're in London, and I break down
'Cause it's not fair that you're not around

Adalynn felt tears filling her eyes, and she choked out a sob as the reality of everything sinked in. She'd most likely never see Quinn again, and if she did, it wouldn't be anything like it was before.

Half of her wished that she had just gotten over her crush on the blonde so she wouldn't have to miss her like this. The other half of her was glad it happened because of how happy she was when they were together.

This is when the feeling sinks in
I don't wanna miss you like this
Come back, be here, come back, be here
I guess you're in New York today
And I don't wanna need you this way
Come back, be here, come back, be here

Oh-oh, oh-oh
I don't wanna miss you like this
Oh-oh, oh-oh
Come back, be here
Come back, be here

She missed her more than words could even begin to explain, and she needed her more than she wished she did.

****

"Tina, these decorations are incredible," Bailey said as they walked into the gym hand in hand. "It's like a winter wonderland."

"Well, Sadie Hawkins dances are sometimes called 'Snowballs,' so that's where I got the idea for a snowflake theme," Tina gushed.

"You did a great job," Bailey said, smiling when Tina did the same. "I feel bad that Adalynn refused to come with us," she sighed.

"Me too," Tina nodded with a slight frown. "I guess she didn't want to feel like a third wheel. I think Jori asked her, but she got defensive and turned her down."

"She could never do that to Quinn," the blonde said. "She cares about her too much to move on with someone else."

"I think she's just trying to protect her heart," Tina said as they sat down at a table. "She doesn't want to get hurt again."

"Yeah," Bailey sighed. "Do you think she'll be okay with the twins? She's never watched them by herself for more than an hour."

"They'll be fine, Bay," Tina reassured her with a small smile. "You worry too much. Let's get you out of mom mode and have some fun tonight, okay?"

"Okay."

****

After the dance, Bailey and Tina went back to the Hummel-Hudson home. They went upstairs to Adalynn's room, both of their hearts melting when they saw her cuddled up with the twins on the bed. The two exchanged a look and decided it would be best not to wake them, especially since they know how cranky Adalynn gets when someone wakes her up.

They knew she was damaged. They knew she was broken. But, at least right now, she looked the most peaceful she'd been since everything that went down with Quinn.

"You think she'll be okay?" Bailey asked in a whisper.

"Yeah," Tina nodded with a small smile as she looked at the sleeping brunette. "She's tough. She'll be just fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 652 43
Quinn Fabray x Male OC
15.7K 825 30
"Well, I don't like living under your spotlight. Maybe if you treat me right you won't have to worry." Violette Donovan and Quinn Fabray have always...
50K 2.1K 29
{Ongoing, just so wattapad won't delete} Being the Only Girl on the William McKinley's Football Team was something Bella Hummel didn't know would ha...
1.8K 89 3
[Ongoing, only marked as completed so Wattpad won't delete it] In which the bad girl and the popular cheerleader deny their feelings for each other. ...