The Queen of Spades (promise...

Oleh Kim9105

"Everybody had different pasts, experiences, and personalities, but the anguish we all felt were the same." K... Lebih Banyak

Very short author's note
Part 1- newcomer arc: Chapter 1-The blackout
Chapter 2-Knowledge is key
Chapter 3-Meet-up
Chapter 4-Let the games begin
Chapter 5-Ambush
Part 2- beach arc:Chapter 6-Perfect cards, perfect duo
Chapter 7-Executive meeting
Chapter 8-Trust
Chapter 9-The human heart-something I can never understand
Chapter 10-Silent communication
Chapter 11-The militants
Chapter 12-Different perspectives
Chapter 13-A key source of information
Chapter 14-Perfect timing and perfect pawns
Chapter 15-Wild animals
Chapter 16-Treatment and rest
Part 3- ten of hearts arc: Chapter 17-Take control, or be in control
Chapter 18-Operation...fail?
Chapter 19-Mystery solved
Chapter 20-Blow your mind
Chapter 21-Unraveled secrets
Chapter 22-Stage two
Part 4- face card arc:Chapter 23-Surprise entrance
Chapter 24-Physical limit
Chapter 25-Watch your footing
Chapter 26-World domination
Chapter 27-Hunter or hunted
Chapter 28-Whole-heartedly
Chapter 29-Final stage
Chapter 30-Re-united
Chapter 31-outnumbered
Chapter 32-If they hit you, hit them back twice as hard
Chapter 33- Saviour
Extra chapter 34-a game with the King
Extra Chapter 35- teaser
Chapter 36-fight to the death
Chapter 37- Me, myself and I
Chapter 39-Betrayal
Chapter 40-high stakes
Chapter 41-kindness, or blindness?
Chapter 42-insanity
Chapter 43-save your tears
(Survivor arc) Chapter 44-familiar faces
Chapter 45-A New Job
Chapter 48-Yes
Chapter 49-significant other
(Citizen arc) Chapter 50-reborn
Chapter 51-dealers and players
Chapter 52- a new association
Chapter 53-secrets
Chapter 54-home sweet home
Chapter 55-high tensions
Chapter 56-teamwork makes the dreamwork
Extra note
Chapter 51-moving on
Chapter 52-Mansion of Monsters
Chapter 53-Worthy
Chapter 54-Bullseye
Chapter 55-A pound of flesh
Chapter 56-A cup of tea
Chapter 57-A new Beginning
Chapter 58-An encounter
Chapter 59-First move
Chapter 60-deadly secrets
Chapter 61-Uncertainty
The Queen of Hearts

Part 5-Akihiko arc:Chapter 38-repeating the past

184 5 0
Oleh Kim9105

"Oh please, stop joking around! You won't dare to." You went silent for a moment when your younger brother had said that. It was true, in a way. You slowly nodded your head, before bringing him to Chishiya.

"So, he's following you. I knew that this would happen. By the way, your camera device. Maybe you could pass me one so you can see me, and I can also see what happens during your game," he huffed out, clutching his bullet wound with his hand. Akira passed him one of the cameras and a laptop for him to see what was happening.

"You know, you really look like shit right now. But, at least your pale face has some color added to it," Akira said, before walking away towards you.

"Akira, let me carry you on my back. That bullet that went through your leg does not look good. Besides, you have multiple stabs there," you bent your back and held your arms out. He sighed, before reluctantly getting onto your back, locking his hands around your neck. He acted as if he hated being carried by you, but he secretly liked it, and you knew that very well by reading his facial expressions.

Soon, you ended up at a solitary confinement place. The both of you went through the lasers, trapping you two inside it. Walking up the grand stairs to its interior, you saw three devices on the table in the centre, instructing you to wear it on your necks. The both of you did so, before scanning around the arena.

The people seemed very intimidating in different ways. There was a huge and muscular man whose eyes were staring into the souls of the smaller players. There was another middle-aged lady wearing a pink jacket made out of thin cloth, a white dress that matched her high heels who had her hair into a low ponytail. She stood at a corner, not interacting with anyone.

When her eyes landed on you, the corner of her kips curved into a huge smile. She quickly waved to you. "Kayami-san! It's you!" She exclaimed. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, before recognizing her.

"A-Ayaka? Is that you? From the seven of diamonds?" You tilted your head in confusion. She aggressively nodded, hugging you tightly like a mother would to her child. She was so glad that there was someone she could recognize in the game. "With you in the game, I know that we can win, due to your sharp observational skills." She complimented you.

Akira looked at her, acknowledging her as one of his useful allies. "What...happened to your baby?" You noticed that her stomach had flattened and she had became slightly skinnier due to starvation. She looked down with a crestfallen expression on her face, indicating that she had a miscarriage. "Oh...I'm sorry for asking. My condolences for your child." You apologized.

You turned around when you heard the click of the metal device from behind you. Turns out, it was Banda wrapping the device around his neck. He looked at you, smiled, and walked away to his own corner. Looking around another time, you noticed that Yaba had walked out of a cell with a woman who had brown hair. Of course, he would be manipulating a woman to work for him.

Just as usual, he was the dominating man with the submissive woman who had succumbed to his manipulation skills. 

You stuck out your hand to him, him waving back. "Do you know these people?" Ayaka queried, looking at all the people who look like straight-up manipulators. "Yes. speaking of which, why haven't I seen you in any face card games?" 

"After completing the ten of diamonds and the Queen of spades, I decided to wait my visa out to prevent myself from dying. However, this is the last game, and I'm not injured, so I decided to take part in it," she responded. 

Hearing that, you narrowed your eyes when she said that she was able to complete the ten of diamonds probably by herself. Could she have been a possibly intelligent person? 

"Registration closed." The robotic voice said once again, catching the attention of all the players in the room.

"Game difficulty: King of hearts

Game: Murder mystery

Player capacity: 20 players

Rule:Every round, one player is chosen as the murderer. After one hour, players will have to go into their own cell and vote for who they think is the murderer. When voting time closes, all votes will be made public, and the murderer will be announced. If everybody except the murderer had voted correctly, the murderer dies. If nobody correctly votes the murderer, everybody but the murderer dies. If less than half of the players vote correctly, the murderer gets to kill one person who has voted them. If more than half of the players vote correctly, the murderer will be unable to kill anybody for that particular round. Participating in this game does not take away any time from your visa. A large amount of food has been stored in the cafeteria.

Clear condition: Outlive the King, Kayami Akihiko. Once this condition is fulfilled, all remaining players will clear the game." She explained.

You furrowed your eyebrows. That was a heck of a lot of rules. Basically, if you were the murderer, you had to make sure that at least one person other than Akira had voted for you, as you could not afford to lose your brother. However, the both of you had to make sure that everybody had at least one vote, so that the murderer would not have the chance to kill everybody.

 As for the King, it was obvious that if less than half of the players voted for you, including him, you would get the chance to kill him once and for all. However, that was not very easy. You would have to communicate with the other players and get about 40% of them to vote for you. But how were you going to convince Akihiko that you were the murderer, was the big question. 

"How do we kill Akihiko?" Akira asked you, not being able to think of a proper strategy at the moment.

"This is a lot of information to process, so give me a while to think," you whispered back.

"Hello, players," you saw Akihiko come out from a cell, walking towards everybody there. He had dyed his tips lilac purple and had grown his hair out on a thin line with his bangs messily covering his head, his clothes consisted of a white collared shirt underneath a black coat that reached down to his knees. His jet-black boots made the sound of a serial killer approaching his victim. 

"Speak of the devil..." you commented.

"And he shall appear." Akihiko finished your sentence for you.

Your eyes met his psychotic gaze, having bloodlust in his eyes. You stared him right into his soul, not backing down out of shrill fear. You desperately wanted to beat him up then, but there was a sign that prohibited murdering people. 

"Don't you all find this game wonderful! Instead of going crazy, you actually know who the King is! I'm not a coward like Matsushita, the Jack of Hearts! All you need to do is to work together against me, unless you're afraid of dying!" He giggled hysterically. All eyes were on him at that moment. 

(Just a reminder, some of the terms used in this story is from the show 'Alice in Borderland', hence not many people might understand them, so just ignore them please :).)

"Please go into a cell of your choice for the selection." The robotic female voice announced. You noticed that Banda slyly approached you and Akira. "Hey, I don't really have a partner in here. May I team up with you to defeat him?" He requested. You nodded your head, having a good idea in your mind, although it was very risky. Having him in your team had its pros and cons, but you thought that he would be useful.

The group of you scattered, going into empty prison cells. You simply chose the prison cell that was at the corner, preferring not to be in the middle or right at the start. Inside your solitary confinement cell, you spotted a screen with all the player's names on it, a picture of their faces underneath them for reference. Your picture was you sticking your tongue out playfully. The screen flashed black, before randomizing the roles. Soon, the 'murderer' role landed on you.

You put on a straight face, walking out of your cell as the doors unlocked.

"Round one: start."

You gathered up with Ayaka, Akira and Banda. They all asked for each other's roles curiously. "I'm the murderer this round," you calmly told them. Akira widened his eyes, trying to act normal as people might notice his abnormal behavior and become suspicious. "And I have a plan."

You saw that there was a cute guy walking around, communicating with everybody. As predicted, he approached you last. He pushed his glasses up, questioning you, "Uhm... would you guys mind telling me your role?" You leisurely whispered into his ear, "I'm the murderer." He slightly winced back, unable to believe what you had just told him. 

This did not go unnoticed by Yaba. He pointed at you, telling the woman he had sex with not too long ago in a cell (reminder that you can't hear what they're saying you just need to know), "You see that girl with the pink hair and that guy in the blue jacket?"

"Yes, master Yaba! What about them?" she questioned. (EW-)

"The both of them are very dangerous. You should watch out for them. Judging by the way the man was shocked when she told him something, which must mean that she revealed that she's the murderer. She wouldn't say that if she wasn't. This is the first round and people are still naive. If everybody voted for her, then we'd all die if she was innocent," he explained. "During the voting session, vote for her. She's definitely the murderer. If everybody votes for her, then she will die. And if majority of the players vote for her, she can't kill anybody."

The man put his hands into his pocket, before introducing himself as Natsu. You nodded your head in acknowledgement, before he ran off. You tilted your head in confusion. "I'm going to the cafeteria to check the snacks out. I'm a bit hungry." You strode off towards the cafeteria in the solitary confinement place.

When you reached your destination, you noticed that the supply of food was large, filled to the brim with tidbits like a mini supermarket. You skipped across the aisles, before finding the yellow bag of chips that Chishiya was previously eating. You picked it up with ecstasy, filling your mouth with the biscuits.

Soon, you found a few tables with chairs. You noticed Natsu sitting at the corner of a small table for two people, so you approached him, pulling out the chair and sitting down on it. "You know... not having a partner to stick with all of the time is dangerous. I can sense that hungry monster under these cute glasses of yours." You told him, adjusting his glasses for him. 

He looked at you, a dark look in his eyes. The sparkle in his pupils faded almost instantly. "Having a partner you stick to will build your trust with them, and give them more opportunities to betray you. How observant you are, queen of the borderlands," he commended you. You chuckled, your cheeks turning red from embarrassment. 

"You know, you have this innocent little cute face, but underneath that is a huge, ugly monster waiting to eat everybody up. That's what I like about you, Natsu," you chewed into your biscuits. 

"I could say the same thing for you, Kayami Yuki. So I see that you're having a sibling's reunion here?" He twirled your pink hair with his index finger. You gave him a fake smile that hid meaning behind it, replying, "No. I don't have such a brother. That Akihiko has died a long time ago. Now, he's just a psycho killer. The only thing we share in common is a last name and blood."

He smiled, liking how you were openly sharing so much with him. "So, you gonna tell everybody that I'm the murderer?"

"No, they'll think I'm the murderer instead since I'm accusing you. You telling me your role is already unbelievable. I see that you seem to know some people in this game from previous occurrences, that guy in a suit and the man in the blue jacket in particular," he stated. You nodded your head, finishing off your biscuits. As you threw the biscuit packaging into the rubbish bin, you picked up a glass bottle of wine, leaving the cafeteria.

You sipped on your wine, before finding Banda leaning on a wall outside the cafeteria. He gave you a malicious smirk. "You know, I can really see why people call you the queen of the borderlands. You're good at every card suit. With your charisma, you can easily influence people," he complimented you. You laughed. 

"Got a plan to kill me today, or do you actually want to work with me?" You asked him, sniffing the fragrant smell of your wine. 

"None, actually. I just want to enjoy this game with you. Speaking of which, where is Chishiya? Usually, he's always with you, it's as if you're a couple," he questioned. You sighed, before replying, "He's got two bullets through his body. Besides, he's too 'tired' to come and participate in this game."

Banda and you then walked back to the main room of the solitary confinement place, chatting along the way about the huge impact on your lives in the borderlands. Who knew that one of your closest, yet most distant ally in the borderlands would be a psychotic serial killer on the run? Who would have anticipated that your first love would be a shrewd man with a poker face, a doctor who did not have a single care for other's lives? 

"I guess I do have a type," you thought to yourself, cracking your knuckles as well as your neck for they felt stiff.

(Okay I know this game sucks and you hate it so give me some comments Please on how I can improve it guys :) love y'all)

OH AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR 2.2K VIEWERS AND 60 VOTES!!! THIS IS MY FIRST STORY SO THIS IS A HUGE MILESTONE FOR ME ALTHOUGH THIS STORY DIDN'T GARNER AS MANY VIEWERS AS I WANTED, WE'LL WORK TOWARDS 5K TOGETHER EVERYBODY :D KUDOS TO ALL MY DEDICATED READERS WHO HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR IN MY STORY!!!!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

42.3K 1.1K 30
"I usually have one of these every other week. Mental breakdowns, I mean. But imminent death is rarely the topic. More like, I failed an exam or my o...
33.5K 1.2K 17
β€žYou're not mad at me for what I did weeks ago right?" he scoffs β€žDon't think you have such a big impact on me, to remember you for more then two day...
4.7K 182 21
"It's been days since the tag game, he played another game yesterday, a six-diamond game. He was there sitting at the top of a bridge. If this was th...