│Comeback│A Wings of Fire fan...

By Bookscavengerrr

We all know about how Darkstalker was defeated . . . but what if Qibli had accepted Darkstalker's gift of ani... More

W-welcome?
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Short Hiatus
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Announcement
A little treat

Chapter 7

312 2 10
By Bookscavengerrr

(So, I changed the book name, 'cause it's not really focusing on, well, Winterwatcher anymore! ALSO, *CRINGES* "AN ICY RELATIONSHIP"!? WHAT WAS I THINKING...)

~Moonwatcher~

She gasped for air as she was pulled out of her vision abruptly. D-did she just see herself beside Darkstalker, sitting on a throne!? Wait, that was not right. Her vision must be mistaken! Universe, please double-check your work before you send me these visions! She thought. Moon had no idea what she was thinking, but at this point, she couldn't even think. Her brain was a mess.

After all, she may or may not have seen a suspiciously familiar red SkyWing and a green RainWing that had tried to kill her and her friends. AH, also, right now she was on the hard dried-up ground, bleeding from scratches almost everywhere. Yeah, that too. 

Moonwatcher stayed on the ground for a few more seconds, breathing heavily, her eyes gazing at the moon. This lasted quite a while. Finally, she gingerly spread her wings to examine it. Luckily, her wings had not been scratched too badly. It should be able to lift her into the sky. 

The NightWing carefully flapped her wings, immediately regretted it, wincing with pain but was lifted into the air. Moonwatcher flew toward Darkstalker's palace again, hoping he hadn't noticed she was gone. But that was the least of her worries when she arrived at the palace. 

Darkstalker was stomping around, causing loud thumps. The corner of his eyes was slightly red and his face was still wet and a little sticky-looking. He had definitely been crying- it looked as if the sadness had turned into rage soon after though. Every exquisite picture of him, Moonwatcher, and even a small frame of Clearsight which Darkstalker had found in his old school was on the floor, glass shatterings nearby. 

Qibli just watched Darkstalker as he roared with rage. The SandWing had an odd expression on his face as well. Although his face was blank, his eyes darted around anxiously when he spotted Moonwatcher. It was as if she was trying to tell her something... 

~Qibli~ (And then off to just third-person.)

His heart thumped when he saw Moon but comforting Darkstalker clearly was more important- even if he didn't know how standing still obediently was helping. Oh, camel-spit! You're an idiot! Qibli heard a thought shout. He had been having these alarming thoughts. It was weird. Ever since he had accepted Darkstalker's offering of animus magic.

BECAUSE I'M THE REAL THOUGHTS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE. The voice called at him. Woah, he was having some conversations in his head. It wasn't as if he didn't before this- but he could tell that it was made up. Oh yeah. I agree with that one. Nice Winter is definitely made-up. THAT'S WHY THIS FEELING IS TRUE. I AM A DRAGON THAT YOU SHOULD BE LISTENING TO.

Moonwatcher's eyes gazed at Qibli filled with concern. Three moons! Moon had mind-reading powers! She must've heard this conversation in his head. OH. OH. OH! That's right! The thought said. Darkstalker's head is probably too chaotic to hear this right now. 

OK, listen to me, Moon. Basically, I accepted Darkstalker's gift for animus magic- YEAH, YEAH, I KNOW, never accept free lizards from anyone- I'm aware of my mother saying that to me. BUT IT WAS TEMPTING. Ah, anyway. So now Darkstalker's enchanted me to be like- his loyal scavenger and I can't really get out of it, but uh, I can still think although my bodies been taken over by this new STUPID DRAGON. 

OK, now Moonwatcher was looking as if she was about to send him to therapy. Qibli pulled away in embarrassment and focused his gaze back on Darkstalker. He wondered if there was anything he could do to make his master feel better. 

Darkstalker breathed heavily, still filled with rage. He glanced at a fancy vase that was sitting on an elegant counter. The vase was beautiful and sleek. It was black with white splatters like the stars. The star pattern was just like Clearsight's wings. Darkstalker roared in rage and grabbed the vase, slamming it against the wall. 

Moon backed away slowly, inch by inch. Qibli guessed she had never seen Darkstalker so mad before from the way her expression twitched with fear. "Find her." Darkstalker suddenly demanded, eyes twitching. He didn't care if Clearsight would no longer love him. If that was so, he'll make sure that she does. Even if it's forced love, it's still love, isn't it? Darkstalker didn't care. As long as it means he could stop feeling heartbreak and betrayal . . . and that he can feel victorious.

"What?" Qibli stammered anxiously. AAGHHH, NO. I FOUGHT LIKE CRAZY TO TRY TO REGAIN CONTROL OF MY BODY. DON'T TELL ME MY EFFORTS ARE GOING TO WASTE. The thought screamed in frustration. SHUT UP. SORRY, MASTER DARKSTALKER, IT'S JUST PROCRASTINATING THOUGHTS. Qibli thought sharply back. 

"Find Clearsight and bring her back to me. I want her alive." Darkstalker ordered, glaring at Qibli coldly. 

Qibli nodded immediately and called for a few more guards to find her. Once there were enough, the SandWing spread his wings and leaped into the sky, leading the way as he beat his wings quickly. 

In the meantime, Darkstalker closed his eyes, focusing on a vision that was very amusing to him. He had seen it since he had captured Moonwatcher and her friends. Not that he had ever thought of it! That vision is really evil- he wasn't someone to do that! It does seem very interesting though! 

He replayed the vision. 

Dragons who were once feared by many dragons were bowing beneath him. They all possessed some extraordinary abilities and actually understood how he felt, instead of thinking of him as evil. He saw so many triumphs and glory along the way if he actually brought them back.

He saw how the other tribes and even the great Dragonets of Destiny had given up, all of them were Darkstalker's dragons. He would ensure all of their safety . . . and in return, they'll do everything for his amusement. 

Darkstalker opened his eyes again and flinched back as he realized Moonwatcher was there. His eyes widened as he saw all the scratches on her. He reached for her arms, "Woah, what happened Moon-" 

The NightWing jerked back. Her dark green eyes were round with fear. "Don't touch me." She stammered softly and then ran off with terror. 

No, nope, NO. This could not be happening. Moonwatcher had certainly seen that same vision and tried to deny it but Darkstalker had just practically told Moonwatcher about how tempting that vision was for frog tongue's sake! If she had observed Darkstalker's expression (content, thrill, and excitement) that would mean it was only moments away before he actually enchanted villains to come back to life! 

Moonwatcher finally arrived in her room. She flopped down on the bed and hopelessly stared at the chandelier hanging right above her. Was there any hope of defeating Darkstalker? Just a few moments back she had been giving Winter the pep-talk, and now she's being glum and depressing. Agh, Universe, won't you just be kind that one time and give me a way to defeat Darkstalker once and for all? 

The universe either felt pity for Moon or she was just extremely lucky. 

This time it was different though. Usually, Moon would just have her own voice speaking to her of either a prophecy or just pictures that appear in her head. This time Moon felt as if she was plunged into cold water and she felt the feeling of falling but a strong sensation gripped her. Two voices whispered into her ear in synchronization.

The five destined heroes

who are slowly losing hope

will be the only ones who can cope

One who escaped the darkness consuming

One with the heart of gold 

One who has met a tragic fate

One who's in a dying state

One who's the lead to escaping this gate

Moon, find them all or this shall be Pyrrhia's downfall

Moon opened her eyes and gasped for air. Wait. That was it? No other instructions? Just, "YO, go find these dragons that I, the wonderful mystical universe, gave you with like zero hints, and if you find these kids then Darkstalker's gone."!? WELL, THAT CERTAINLY HELPED A LOT. 

Focus, Moonwatcher. The NightWing thought to herself. If I want to defeat Darkstalker then I must find these dragons that seem to be able to save the world. Alright. The five destined heroes- maybe it could be the Dragonets of Destiny- wait no. They fulfilled their mission already. 

She shook her head. Alright, I'll skip that part. 'One who escaped darkness consuming.' who could that be? She thought about the dragons she had met, one by one. . . that was when it hit. Winter was someone who had recently escaped the pain of "darkness" as in both Darkstalker's torturing taunts (Moon herself) and the darkness that had taken over his brain. 

Moon smiled in triumph but she soon frowned as realization swept over her. How would she even get Winter out of prison? There were always guards patrolling the prisons and it wasn't as if all the snarky and obnoxious guards would ever- oh. OH. She knew one guard who could help her. . .  

(This one is more of a humorous chapter. We're getting near the main plot, though!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 1.5K 37
⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️ The war between the tribes is finally over, and now the dragonets of the prophecy have a plan for lasting peace: Jade Mountain Acad...
668 47 37
So this is a animus sunny au that I found on the Wings Of Fire fandom. This was not made by me! Unfortunately, I'm not sure who made it cause it does...
19.8K 598 43
Moonwatcher, Qibli, Winter, Kinkajou and Turtle's next big adventure. What's going to happen? Read to find out about the return of the Darkstalker. ...
4K 274 55
warning: these are OLD opinions! many of my true ratings of these ships have changed! please don't be harsh about my old opinions: i probably don't e...