You are my home

By jjapp13

I walk into the kitchen and there I see someone sitting on the counter. "Isn't it Melissa?". She looks at me... More

Friday January 6, 2006
Saturday, January 7, 2006
Friday, January 13, 2006
Tuesday, March 7, 2006
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Friday, June 2, 2006
Friday, July 7, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Friday, August 25, 2006
Saturday, December 9, 2006
Sunday December 24, 2006
Monday December 25, 2006
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
Wednesday July 18, 2007
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Monday, September 3, 2007
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Friday, September 7, 2007
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Friday, November 2, 2007
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Monday, January 9, 2023

Monday, September 10, 2007

287 18 0
By jjapp13

Melissa

It's Monday and Valerie, Emma and I are having lunch in Valerie's classroom. I'm just not that fun. I'm sitting at Valerie's desk. I'm watching movies on her computer. "What's the matter with you?". Valerie leans against her desk and has removed an earbud from my ear. " I am nervous". She looks at me questioningly. "For what?". I give her a small smile. "For tonight, when Rose is back home". She looks at me sweetly. "You don't have to be nervous about that. It's not that she doesn't know you." I sigh. "I know, but it's different now. I'm not visiting this time. Aren't you afraid she's going to react weird or something?". She shakes her head and bends over to kiss my forehead. "I think she absolutely loves it. She's totally into you. Of course it will take her some getting used to because of all the changes, but I am confident that it will all work out." Valerie quickly steps away from the desk when we hear a knock on the door. Not much later the door opens.

"I knew I could find you here." It is Miss Martins who enters the room. "Am I interrupting or can I get on?". she asks as she looks around the room. Her gaze lingers on Emma. Who looked up from her mobile as soon as she heard Miss. Martins' voice. "Come join us. It is also good that I see you now". Miss. Martins looks quizzically at Valerie, who sits down on a table. Miss. Martins sits down opposite her. I'm watching Emma. She can't take her eyes off Miss. Martins. "Do you need me for something?". Valerie shakes her head at Miss. Martins. "I just wanted to tell you something". Valerie looks over at me with a small smile. "An, you shouldn't be surprised if you see her when you're at my house". She says pointing at me. "Umm okay". I can see Miss. Martins' is confused. "Melissa needed shelter due to circumstances and I gave it to her". I see Miss. Martins nod in understanding. "You are much too good for this world Val". She says with a smile and walks over to me. "I just think we're going to run into each other a lot outside of school, so I'll introduce myself a little better". She holds out her hand to me and I take it. " I am Anne a friend of that women there. If she's ever a pain in the ass, just report it. And don't believe everything she says about me." she says with a smile. " I will remember it". Then she looks at me seriously. "I also assume that you know that school and private life remain separate. So what happens at school stays here and what is said or done at home stays there." I nod and look at Valerie with a smile. " Of course. You don't have to be afraid that private things will end up at school. I know the trouble Val could get into if they just knew I lived with her. I will never do that to her." Anne looks at me with a smile. "Okay, that's settled then."

I take a quick look at Emma, who still has her eyes on Anne. I can not resist. "I think you will also run into Emma when you are with Valerie". Anne looks at Emma. I can see a little smile on both of their faces. It takes a while before Anne looks at me again and gives a small nod. "I'll leave you three alone again." She says and quickly walks to the door. "An, what did you need me for?". I can hear the laughter in Valerie's voice. Anne looks a bit confused at Valerie. "Um.... Oh yeah, this weekend is possible, if it suits you too". Valerie looks at me. "Sorry to ask you, but would you like to babysit Rose on Friday night? If you don't want it, I understand that too." I give her a smile. "Of course, no problem. I like to do it". Valerie then nods to Anne. "As you can hear, I can too". After Valerie has said that, Anne leaves the room.

"What's Friday?". Valerie gives me a smile. "I gotta go. I have to get something out of my locker." Emma doesn't know how fast she has to get up to leave the room. I smile at Valerie. " You were right". She walks over to me and sits down on her desk. " You think so?". I nod. "About Emma anyway. I don't know Anne, but she behaved strangely. That could be fun." Valerie smiles. "You are not going to interfere. Maybe something completely different is going on." I nod. "Okay Miss van Buren". She gives me a little nudge on my shoulder. "Why do you still wear that name anyway?". She looks at me questioningly and then she seems to understand what I mean. "I never took his surname." I nod understandingly. "By the way, you just asked me about Friday. I'll have a night out with Anne or do you mind?". I nod. "That's our evening". I say with a smile. " You're right. I will resist". I grab Valerie's hands. "Val, I was just joking. Every night is our night now, so I think I can manage Friday night without you. I will miss you though." She kisses me on my forehead. "I'll spend the rest of the week cuddling with you extra to make up for it. But you don't mind looking after Rose then". I sigh. "Val, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't mind staying with Rose". I think she really thinks I find it a burden to spend time with Rose, but I think it's great. "Sorry, but I just don't want you to feel obligated to do it." I shake my head. "It's an honor, Val. I'm going out with Emma this weekend, by the way. I assume you don't have a problem with that either?" She kisses me on my forehead. "As long as you don't do crazy things, then I have no problem with that". I give her a smile. " I would not dare". Unfortunately, the bell rings and it's time to go back to class. We give each other a quick hug and I then go to the right room.

When I arrive at class I see Emma already sitting in her place. "How quickly you were gone." I say as I sit down next to her. "Oh yeah, I forgot something". I take a good look at her. "Em what's wrong with you? You're acting weird." She looks at me in shock. "Why am I acting weird?" I shrug. "Just you're not quite yourself". She sighs. " There is nothing". I put an arm over her shoulders. "If there is something, you will tell me, won't you?". She gives me a small nod. I can't go into it further because the lesson is starting. She seems somewhat absent for the rest of the lessons. I really don't know Emma like that. "Em I'm here for you if you want to talk about something". I say as soon as all our lessons are over. "I'm sorry I don't want to talk about it." I give her a hug. "You don't have to if you don't want to. As long as you know I'm here if you want me to." She gives me a smile. "Yes thank you I know. I need to figure it out for myself before I can talk about it. I'm sorry but I really have to go now". I nod understandingly. " I see you tomorrow".

I walk to the janitor closet. This morning I agreed with Valerie and her mother that I will at least continue to work until Rose goes to school in a few weeks. Valerie wasn't very happy to hear that, but she understood. In this way I also want to give her mother the chance to find someone else. I don't know what I'm going to do after that. I do know they have a point that it's going to be a tough school year. I also really want to be there for Rose when Valerie is still at work. I just can't quite accept that Valerie wants to take care of me financially. I still have a bit of money, but not that much anymore. I'm just afraid that the money might come between us. I never would have imagined that Valerie has so much money, not that I care at all. I just don't want her to think I'm going to take advantage of it. Fortunately, I still have some time to think about what I'm going to do.

"Lissa, Lissa". I haven't even opened the front door before a three-year-old enthusiastically runs towards me. Immediately my nerves disappeared. "Hey princess. I'm so happy to finally see you again." I say as soon as I lift Rose up in my arms. She has a big smile on her face. "Did you have a good time with daddy?". She nods. " I went to the beach". I walk towards the living room with her on my arm. "That's nice to hear. Oh hey that was faster than expected". I say when I see Anne sitting in the living room with Valerie, who gets a beautiful smile on her face when she looks at Rose and me. "I hadn't had time to look at the house before. I also wanted to see Rose again, but as soon as she knew you were coming she couldn't be beaten away from the window". Anne says laughing. "I'm sorry". I can't say more, because Rose is pulling my sweater. "Lissa coloring?". I look questioningly at Valerie. "I'll start cooking in half an hour. The coloring stuff is in the cupboard in the kitchen. Rose can point it out to you, but don't feel obligated. You've had a long day." I give her a smile. "You know I can't refuse your princess. I can finally spend time with someone of my own level." She shakes her head with a smile and I also see a smile on Anne's face. I go to the kitchen with Rose and am happy to spend some time with her again.

I'm busy coloring with Rose when Valerie comes into the kitchen after half an hour. She has a big smile on her face. She comes up behind me and wraps her arms around me. " How was your day?". she asks and kisses me on my temple. "Tiring, but your princess gives me new energy". That answer puts an even bigger smile on Valerie's face. "I will cook, then we can eat dinner. That will surely give you energy. Do you mind if Anne stays for dinner?". I shake my head. "Then I certainly have to be careful what I do and say". She gives me another kiss on my temple and lets go of me. "I think it is indeed better if she doesn't know too much yet. Let her get used to the idea of you living here first. But that will be soon. She is usually here on Monday and Wednesday evenings". I nod understandingly.

Valerie goes to the stove. I get up and let Rose coloring alone for a while. I sit on the counter next to the stove. "I tried to talk to Emma". Valerie looks at me. "You wouldn't interfere." I sigh. "Yes, I know that and that is really not my intention. She just wasn't herself after the lunch break. I just told her to talk to me if there's anything." Valerie kisses me on the cheek. "Did she say something?" I shake my head. "Only that she had to figure it out for herself before she could talk to me about it." Valerie nods in understanding. We can't talk about it any further because Anne enters the kitchen. " What is this? I now get a whole audience when cooking". Valerie asks with a laugh as Anne sits down next to me on the counter. "I have to see if I am still safe here. I can still remember times when you practically set the kitchen on fire." Anne says it with a big smile. Valerie throws a tea towel, which is next to her, at Anne. "That only happened once. I just accidentally turned the gas the wrong way." Anne comes down from the counter and walks towards Rose. "And you certainly don't remember that time when you forgot that you still had meat on the stove". I smile at Valerie, whose cheeks are getting redder. "Sounds like I should quickly get a fire extinguisher in the house". Valerie gently pats my arm. " That was a long time ago. Now I know what I'm doing or do you have something to complain about?". I shake my head. "Too bad, otherwise you could have done it yourself". She says as she looks at me with a sweet smile. We continue to talk like this until dinner is ready.

The four of us are sitting at the dining table. It's kind of weird sitting here with two teachers. Now I definitely don't see Valerie as a teacher here and I don't get lessons from Anne, but it's still weird. "Melissa, may I ask you why you needed shelter?". I'm a little shocked by the question. "An". I see Valerie looking angrily at Anne. "I'm sorry, it's none of my business." I give Anne a fake smile. "Let's just say that not all parents do their job properly". Valerie moves her face towards me. "You don't have to tell her anything." she whispers to me. I give her a small nod. " I know". I look at Anne again. "I'm glad you have a safe place here anyway." I give her a smile. " Me too. You don't want to know how grateful I am to Val for this". I notice that Valerie wants to put her hand on my leg, but changes her mind just in time. I look at her with a smile and then quickly focus on the food again. "Isn't it strange for you to live with your teacher?". I shake my head at Anne. "I don't really see Val as my teacher, but I have to admit that it feels a bit strange now to sit at the table with two teachers". I say shyly. Valerie and Anne can laugh about it. "I understand that, but don't worry about the work we do. As I said this afternoon, school is school and home is home. You really need to keep those two things separate. I taught my brother for a year. We never got those things mixed up. We could have the biggest fight at breakfast and an hour later he was in my class, but that didn't mean I treated him differently or let it play along. And vice versa, I never confronted him at home about anything that had to do with school or anything that had to be said to my parents. I already talked to Val about it. You really need to separate those two things or it could put you in situations you don't want. Of course it helps that you are already friends, so I assume you can already keep it separate". I nod. "I understand what you are saying and can only agree with you. It's good to hear and makes it a little less weird. I'll leave you two alone now. I'm going upstairs to do my homework and then go to sleep. Or should I help you with the dishes?" I ask Valerie. She shakes her head. "I will do that. You've already had a long day." I get up and walk to Rose to give her a kiss on the head. "See you tomorrow princess". I look at Valerie and Anne. " See you tomorrow ". I'll say them too and then go upstairs.

I'm just about to walk up the stairs when Valerie is next to me. "Did I forget something?". She nods with a smile on her face. "Sleep well Lis". she says after giving me a quick goodnight kiss. "Sleep well Val". I go upstairs with a wonderful feeling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 803 40
Y/n is a high school student, she is the basketball captain of their school and she is the popular girl in whole school mostly with girls because of...
5.5K 106 10
Someone new starts at her school, that she didn't know, would mean the world to her in a few months. Only one problem, it's her teacher. TW !! Smut S...
12.3K 380 37
Antonia (18) is in her last year of Highschool. Her life is great - it's just the way she wants it to be until her English and Maths teacher gets pr...
10.6K 364 10
| ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ญ๐จ '๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐„๐€๐‚๐‡๐„๐‘'๐’ ๐๐„๐“' | When past lovers re-emerge into Valerie's life after establishing her company, she must f...