primadonna

By -maniacal-

"all i ever wanted was the word. i can't help that i need it all." all heroes are the same in her book š™Øš™”š™¤... More

| ā™› |
00, PERSPECTIVES
01, BACK TO YOU
02, SPARKS
03, POWER AND CONTROL
04, COMPLEXITY OF POWER
05, SINNER & SAINT
06, STRAWBERRY JAM
07, LETS DO OUR BEST!
08, SECOND PLACE
09, SAPPHIRE
10, ANNOYING
11, IT COULD'VE BEEN WORSE
12, RED
14 WHEREABOUTS

13 ALPHABET BOY

483 33 3
By -maniacal-

CHAPTER THIRTEEN,
ALPHABET BOY
@-maniacal-

It was a gift to have the ability to read humans like an open book. All it took for a brunette to cognizance Midoriya's concern: a pout, furrowed eyebrows and a thoughtful gleam in his eye. It was obvious he had a closer relationship with the two than the other students. Uraraka followed his eyes as she began. "Who do you think'll win Deku?"

Truthfully, "I don't know..." Midoriya took a halt at his words as he reminisced the past fights he'd seen (Y/N) in. "(L/N)'s quirk is still unknown to me but one thing can confirm is that she won't stop until she wins."

Now that he recalled, (Y/N) had never told him about her power.

"Yeah but neither will Bakugou."

Kaminari chimed in, leaning over the seat before him. "You don't know anything about her quirk? I thought you studied all of our quirks."

"Well.." Midoriya moved his hand over to give his nape a light scratch, a bit bashful by the statement. "I do, but I've never asked her."

The electric blonde slowly nodded, sticking out his bottom lip as so. "Eh—all I know is that it's obviously something related to weather control. Like Storm."

"Right...but his quirk is in his feathers. Each one has a different ability, he can choose and mix creating different types of storms. It's the same with Vixen but with her tails."

"Who's Vixen?"

Being the fan of Storm that he is, Denki added on. "It's Storms ex-wife, another underground hero that worked with her charm."

"Wow, someone's a fan." Teased Sero, nudging over at Kirishima.

"Cut it out guys!"

"It's kind of scary you know." Tsuyu intervened, large black eyes eyeing the arena. "How alike they are...."

"Bakugou and (L/N)? Are you joking?" Kaminari chocked on his spit, baffled he avowed too quickly. "Unlike him, (L/N)'s super nice and chill too."

Perhaps he had answered the question a little too fast, the whole class eyed him in suspicion. The two never particularly were seen together, which could only mean one thing...

"I knew it! Something did happen between you two!" Squealed Ashido, practically jumping on her seat. "Spill!"

And the pink tint on his cheeks hadn't helped one bit. "Nothing happened!" The eccentric blonde retorted. "She's only going to help me out with an internship with Storm!"

"Bakugou chill too."

"Be for real now, they've both got their issues."

After that verdant eyed boy sorta muted their conversation and proceeded to gaze down at the hallway openings. Tsuyu's words swarmed through his train of thought.

Kacchan and (L/N) carried themselves in similar ways, seeking the top no matter what cost. They almost acted the same too, the only difference was that (Y/N) wasn't a bully.

When they interacted, it either went two ways: the two bickered or she ignored him completely.
It was Bakugou who always found his was after (Y/N), never the opposite.

Another thing was that one of them had to be on a higher lever than the other. Sharing was never an option.

"Hello everyone! Before this match begins, I must remind that the battle tournament nears its end!" At the notice people amongst the audience groan at the disappointing news, while the other half cheer in anticipation.

In the meantime, two heroes perched aside each other in a much more private room. Rins idea of course, All Might had simply agreed.

The underground hero began. "I've been thinking, with hospital bills piling up. I might need to get another job."

All Might questioned. "Another?"

"Well the hospital isn't exactly cheap."

Toshinori frowned sympathetically before he put forth. "If you need money I can always lend you some, you don't—" "No All Might." Rin cut in, stern as ever.  "You've done so much for the both of us and I can't thank you enough. She's my kid."

━━━━

In a hallway that lead to the main stage was the whereabouts of our lovely protagonist. Lingering as her stare fixated on her hands: calloused by the years and stained with scars from her past victories, fights and so much more.

Staying alive this far was a miracle.

A single bead of sweat ran along her lips so she wiped it off, although her body told her to stop she wouldn't—she couldn't.

The lightning user hissed as the few sparks of electricity grew in the palm of her hand. "If I stop who knows what'll happen after." She let her quirk die down, but not completely. The longer she activated her quirk the better it worked. This was how she would claim victory.

Versus him.

"Why do you always give me flowers when I see you?" Asked the child with a daisy in her hair.

"Do you not like them? Or something?"

"No I do! It's the nicest thing anyone's done for me and it makes me happy! But why me?"

"I don't know." He adverted his gaze with an embarrassed pout. "I guess it because you look like you need them?"

(Y/N) furrowed her brows. "What does that mean?"

"Seeing you smile feels good."

If that idiot won the match, he'd just use his victory as another way to get under her skin. "I can't lose. I'll never hear the end of it." She hated how though almost complete strangers, they still knew much about the each other.

he'd come to crush her candy cane but never once had he made her cry, dropping dumb insults to destroy her dreams, all while elevating his exasperate ego.

Both had similar characteristics: determination and pride. Always aiming for the top. #1 was their goal. Competitive drive and their arrogance had gotten them to where they were.

"Everyone please welcome our two next contestants." A long pause is taken for dramatic effect. "On this side is a short tempered student with an explosive personality—haha! Get it?" Another long pause. "And on the opposite side is a girl who's not afraid of striking at anytime. The weather is what she's controls—i think."

"You know the rules, we play fair and stay in bounds! Ready?!"

Their eyes met, both glistening in anticipation. Waiting for the moment in which they could both let loose.

"¡BEGIN!"

Just as the command was given, a vigorous wind shot from the soles of her feet, setting her at a great distance from the blond. If it weren't for her shadow covering his face, she'd notice the ticked face altered into one of bewilderment for a split second.

Almost instantly, she flicked her wrist and the clouds above spiraled around the stadium.

He corrected his stance in order to fire back at any second—not sure what to expect, when suddenly the temperature dropped. Crimson irises diminished, furrowing his eyebrows at as a flurry of snowflakes flew past on the diagonal and combined with a cold, biting wind.

'What's this?'

Flakes pelt against his now frozen cheeks, cling to blonde luscious eyelashes—impeding with his eyes. He swiftly wiped them off but no avail.

The wind had howled at an extremely high pitch, making Bakugou's shiver. Even with cold weather he'd still have to stay alert. A pale amber colored overtook his palms, that being the only light available for him. It had not been mere minutes before the warmth of the sun was blocked due to a cover of hideous, dark and thunderous blanket of clouds separating the area from the sight of a scorching bright sun, hence bringing an unwanted gift of darkness.

The bleak mist surrounded the ruby eyes teen's bare feet and obscured his vision.

"A SNOW STORM???!!"

━━━━

A collective gasp was shared amoungst the students of 1-A.

"It's beautiful..."

"Now we know who to call to cancel class."

An alarmed brown eyed gal stare widened because from their seat, nothing but white fog was visible. "What's going on?"

"Why snow out of all things??"

The Voice Hero nervously called out. "I can't see! What about you Shota?!"

"Not a thing."

An unsettling feeling began welling inside the explosive male. Bakugou held a defensive stance as he tried to push a sweat in the low climate. So this was her plan...

"In colder weather, Kacchans nitroglycerin-like sweat requires a slightly longer time to detonate, as opposed to warm weather."

"Nitroglycerin sweat?!"

"Yeah, and he can't use his quirk a lot either. If he does, he'll lose all his strength in his arms which would over all make his explosions less effective."

The sound of hurried footsteps nearing alerted him in what direction she was in.

Or so he thought.

It the heat of the moment all he knew was to set off an explosion to defend himself.

"SHIT—" A agonized cry ripped from her throat, a thunderous echo hit the walls of the stadium. Reaching all the ears near by, collective gasps spread like wildfire at the what they heard.

The direct attack had sent her flying back a few feet so once the clouds spread, and (Y/N) was visible. All they saw was her hold her left side of her face, crouching and weeping silently.

'It burns it burns it burns it burn it burns..!!' All she could do was hold her hand against it, it didn't help that the tears made it sting worse.

Deep steady breaths were taken as well as gasps of air, the male froze in place once he'd realized that she was closer then he'd anticipated.

Recognition dawned on him once he realized there was no way he could undo this mess. He observed as she sat, no glasses and trembled. As she gazed up at him with her only good eye left remaining.

Katsuki saw it..

Raw fear displayed so horribly in her eye, and then that horrified look morphed into one of anger.

A bit of wind was all it took for him to prepare himself for what was coming next, instinct kicked him. The sun peaked from a group of clouds, giving a sort of spot light.

The shadow encased her body, a dark figure with only a white glow of her eyes and details upon her face.

Midoriya squinted his eyes, something about the way scene played looked familiar.

"Rin what's this..?" All Might asked his friend, who appeared just as equally confused. "I...don't know All Might.."

"GAH—" Bakugou launched himself at her. "DIE!" At the shouting threat, (Y/N) practically threw herself. Her lungs pumped like bellows in a foundry as she landed, her head was a mess. Uncertainty teased the corners of her mind. A bright white flash overtook them. Heat, electricity, and a wind force erupted outward in a thunderous explosion.

The vigorous breeze pushed back the two teens, (Y/N) closed her eyes preparing herself for the impact and good thing she did cause she fell on her back.

A blue feather flew in and the sandy breeze vanished, revealing two scratched and bruised teens laying on the grounds on opposite ends but only one of them.

Bakugou lifted his head, enough to look at the panicked looking girl. Confusion written perfectly upon every feature of her face.

"This is new, so far all her quirk has been is manipulating wind and lightning.' Thought Midoriya.

The (H/C) haired teens heartbeat increased by the second and now she couldn't move, it was something like a explosion of energy within and it was completely new, unaware and moreover it was strange, and powerful.

She turned her head sideways, blonde locks shielded his eyes which only made (Y/N)'s anger rise in a matter of seconds.

You,

"What are you hiding you weird girl?" Asked the frowning blonde child at the girl who evidently hid something behind her back.

The little girl only giggled at the confused face. She then showed him and a pink color flushed his face.

A pink rose meant gratitude and admiration.

"Thank you for being my first friend." She smiled.

what have you
done to me?

━━━━

If Endeavor found out where his youngest son was he'd never live to hear the end of it. Nothing bad but every since his match with Midoriya, he'd recognized a lot going on. Purely staining his mind with curiosity of everything.

H rolled the seat closer to the hospital cot, wary not to make too much noise.

The mix of gray and blue irises have never caught such relaxed look on her before. Calmed features went against her always tensed face. Painted with a few scratches and bandaids.

And a patch over one of her left eye.

"We..match."

Long think (H/C) lashes fluttered open, tiredly gazing up at the pattern of the ceiling. Seemingly not noticing that anyone else was in the room,

...till Todoroki made his bi-colored hair visible by standing up.

"Hi."

Too tired, she was too tired. And somehow she sat up despite her injuries. "Please..."

He repeated with uncertainty. "Please..."

Fearing her voice would break she whispered. "Tell me I've won.."

"You lost...You're in third place, and you might be sharing it with someone else."

The lightning user squeezed her only good eye shut as she held back a yell. Only to exhale deeply seconds after. "With who..."

"I believe Tokoyami."

"AGH—" Suddenly she gasped for air and put a hand over her chest, over where it hurt. (Y/N) jolted upwards, tensing while a pink flush overtook her.

And the boy across from her caught on. Gazing with big, confused and slightly scared eyes.

"Shoto-chan, look over here." The child did as told, claiming his eyes in surprise as his sister placed her palm on his forehead.

"What are you doing Fuyumi?"

"Just check you're temperature."

While the lightning user struggled ease the pain by taking deep breaths and soothing the area. A pale icy hand settled on her forehead causing her eye to go big and round with bewilderment.

"Just what—" (Y/N) words came to an end and replaced with a small gasp. Merely a few inches closer and they'd be each other's first. If anyone entered the room they'd get the wrong idea.

Todoroki withdrew and leaned away once he took notice at their proximity. "I'm sorry, I only meant to check your temperature."

"Doesn't matter." She glowered at him, taking his hand off her. "and don't touch me."

"I won't." He answered too fast.

'Great, now what do I do with this weirdo' The lightning user groaned. "How long have you been here?"

"About half an hour, I think."

She eyed him suspiciously. "And why? You've got no business being here." pushing on farther. "Don't forget that I'm dangerous, we don't mix."

Much to her surprise, "I don't see it." there was a glint of his eyes that held truth.  "I don't see where you're dangerous."

Confusion dawned on her features—but then she chuckled at his words and tone. 'He's probably more involved in the hero world and he doesn't know?' A short fit of laughter was the least he expected out of her. He just stared, paying attention to the way she expresses herself.

After her fit fled, (L/N) scrutinized him. "Everyone just seems to know me better than I do so he must have some good explanation."

"He hasn't," The stoic teen disclosed nonchalantly. "all he does is warn me about you but never gives a reason."

The brooding girl glowered at the lack of reason.
"Todoroki.." The (E/C) eyed teen rubbed her only good eye, alarmed by what was missing she froze. "My glasses."

The boy with two different hair colors peered at her as he tilted his head a bit. "Did they break?"

"Yeah" She took a minute to reminisce. "They broke when Bakugou launched a explosion to my face." The lightning user retorted with a grimace.

"I didn't know you could make it snow so causally like that." He confessed, changing topic like nothing.

"It's part of my quirk, isn't it obvious?" "I guess it is, by the way, what exactly is your qu—"

"(L/N)!" The calling of her name made her view drift from the boy to the door. There stood half of the class much to her surprise.

Todoroki hadn't yet noticed a thing, studying they way her brows drew closer, squinting her eyes as she could not see.

"You're awake!" Those who'd come all dashed towards her and surrounded her. All eyes then fell on the teen beside her. "You stayed?!"

To whom he affirmed. "Yes."

Auburn eyes met with (E/C) and a wave of relief washed over her. "You're okay."

"Woah, what's with the face?" Someone pointed out, her expression hadn't changed since they've entered the room.

"She can't see without her glasses moron!"

She batted her lashes, startled. "Why's everyone here? Isn't the final match starting soon?" They met eyes with the green haired teen across from her, he shook his head and hesitated. "They're still melting the s-snow."

"I saw one of the people helping out make a snowman."

"Yeah! You threw in a whole blizzard! It was so manly!" Spoke up Kirishima wiping a fake tear.

"And then your whole body was covered by a shadow then your eyes glowed! It was sick!"

Uraraka gasped. "Your eye..!"

"I'll be fine," She waved dismissively and replied as if no big deal. "I've had it worst—much worst."

Iida did his little hand gestures and scolded. "You and Midoriya love to hurt. You two should take care of yourselves more!"

"Iida is right you guys. I get that we're heroes in training. It's not fun having to worry about people when it could've all been avoided.

'There's no limits in the sky.' (Y/N) cleared her throat particularly loud. "Can you guys leave for a second, I'd to take my bandages off."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

NOTE — sorry if this chapter feel rushed, this month has been horrible and i felt the need to get something out

this chapter is low-key shitty sorry

i'll return sometime in the future to edit this,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.2K 22
MidoriyaXUraraka Villain Fanfiction Based off the story and characters from the manga and anime Boku No Hero Academia by Horikoshi. I don't own any o...
249K 9K 51
She was the average teenager who had a suitable Quirk and desire to become a hero - which was pretty much the same as him. The only difference was hi...
100K 1.9K 32
After their encounter with Mirio Togata, Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka find themselves getting closer to one another. However just as things may...
710K 10.8K 100
title says it all Completed stories filled with fluff and angst -I do not own my hero academia/Baku no hero academia or any of the characters in it- ...