The Queen of Spades (promise...

By Kim9105

"Everybody had different pasts, experiences, and personalities, but the anguish we all felt were the same." K... More

Very short author's note
Part 1- newcomer arc: Chapter 1-The blackout
Chapter 2-Knowledge is key
Chapter 3-Meet-up
Chapter 4-Let the games begin
Chapter 5-Ambush
Part 2- beach arc:Chapter 6-Perfect cards, perfect duo
Chapter 7-Executive meeting
Chapter 8-Trust
Chapter 9-The human heart-something I can never understand
Chapter 10-Silent communication
Chapter 11-The militants
Chapter 12-Different perspectives
Chapter 13-A key source of information
Chapter 14-Perfect timing and perfect pawns
Chapter 15-Wild animals
Chapter 16-Treatment and rest
Part 3- ten of hearts arc: Chapter 17-Take control, or be in control
Chapter 18-Operation...fail?
Chapter 19-Mystery solved
Chapter 20-Blow your mind
Chapter 21-Unraveled secrets
Chapter 22-Stage two
Part 4- face card arc:Chapter 23-Surprise entrance
Chapter 24-Physical limit
Chapter 25-Watch your footing
Chapter 26-World domination
Chapter 27-Hunter or hunted
Chapter 28-Whole-heartedly
Chapter 29-Final stage
Chapter 30-Re-united
Chapter 31-outnumbered
Chapter 32-If they hit you, hit them back twice as hard
Chapter 33- Saviour
Extra chapter 34-a game with the King
Extra Chapter 35- teaser
Chapter 36-fight to the death
Part 5-Akihiko arc:Chapter 38-repeating the past
Chapter 39-Betrayal
Chapter 40-high stakes
Chapter 41-kindness, or blindness?
Chapter 42-insanity
Chapter 43-save your tears
(Survivor arc) Chapter 44-familiar faces
Chapter 45-A New Job
Chapter 48-Yes
Chapter 49-significant other
(Citizen arc) Chapter 50-reborn
Chapter 51-dealers and players
Chapter 52- a new association
Chapter 53-secrets
Chapter 54-home sweet home
Chapter 55-high tensions
Chapter 56-teamwork makes the dreamwork
Extra note
Chapter 51-moving on
Chapter 52-Mansion of Monsters
Chapter 53-Worthy
Chapter 54-Bullseye
Chapter 55-A pound of flesh
Chapter 56-A cup of tea
Chapter 57-A new Beginning
Chapter 58-An encounter
Chapter 59-First move
Chapter 60-deadly secrets
Chapter 61-Uncertainty
The Queen of Hearts

Chapter 37- Me, myself and I

192 3 1
By Kim9105

(Playing with fire by Hyunjin of Stray Kids is good to listen whilst reading this fight.) 

"Arisu, now! Hurry up and go! I'll hold him back for a while more!" You signaled to him to go as the King was trapped. The gang quickly sprinted across the road and into the alley towards the shop.

Unexpectedly, the King of Spades had escaped from the ring of fire by jumping out. He then caught on fire. Out of impulse, he removed his sweater and stepped on it onto the road. He patted himself to make sure that all the fire was gone and it was all ash. His clothes were halfway burnt, leaving some scars on his now revealed upper body.

Just then, you noticed Aguni from one corner. You saw that the King had already reloaded his gun, and was sneaking up from behind the corner of the alley, keeping a close hawk-eye on Aguni. 

Noticing his plans, you quickly shouted, "Aguni! Out of the way!" 

The confused man squinted his eyes, until he saw the King get out of his hiding spot, but he was all too late. 

But before he could get hurt, Heiya stumbled in the way, protecting her alley. Smart move, you thought. Protecting the strong to fight off for the weak.

He then shot the girl called Heiya three times on her chest.

Jumping upwards, you kicked his gun and averted his aim to the wall to prevent her from getting anymore injured.

She dropped onto her knees, before laying onto the ground without moving. The group of people stopped and called out for her. "She's not important right now! Focus on the game!" You snapped them back into their senses.

As Arisu went into the store, Aguni, obviously had to defend them. 

"Instead of fighting each other, let's finally fight alongside each other," Aguni joked, winking at you. 

He gave him a hard punch. The both of them were equivalent in both strength and height, but the King of Spades clearly had more experience and fighting technique. You watched both of them have an intensive battle between two veteran soldiers.

You cackled, blood oozing out of your wounds. "This...this is the perfect game for me!" You raised your scythes, storming towards him.

"Hey, Aguni. Doesn't this remind you of the 5 of spades, when we both took down a tagger?" You told him. He nodded, before being hit into a wall by the King of spades. "Got any decoys you wanna sacrifice today?" He ignored you, which meant a 'no'.

You shrugged before jumping on him, slashing his chest with your scythe. He immediately flung you out of the alley, where you were met with Akira. "Akira...stay out of this fight..." you moaned in agony as you tried to stand up.

"I have a plan. A good one." He smiled. Climbing up the building, you knew what he was thinking of doing, and you loved it. Once he reached the top, he took out a huge piece of cloth that he had found somewhere inside the clothes shop he was in whilst climbing up the stairs frantically. He covered the gap between the two buildings. The plane dropped some more ammo, but it got caught on the cloth, not allowing the King to reload his gun.

He then took multiple rocks and used them to weigh the cloth down. He slid down the pipe towards Usagi who was squatting on a box.

You were desperately trying to get him to drop his gun or run out of ammo, but he had noticed what Akira did and scoffed, making sure to use his bullets wisely, not wasting a single shot. You and Aguni hid behind trash bins on either side of the alley, hiding from his shots. Once you had noticed that he needed to reload, you bravely jumped on top of the trash bin.

You climbed up the pipe and onto a small roof, firing your machine gun away at him. He grabbed a huge plate of metal, blocking your shots but not entirely. He was still receiving the impact, giving Aguni more than enough time to run towards him and begin beating him to a pulp.

However, Aguni got pushed off by the King of Spades, a bullet going through his head. Ann then came out, shooting her small hand gun at him. He took out his gun and shot it through her stomach a few times, taking her down. You wasted no time in taking out your poisonous daggers and stabbing all of them into him. Aguni did the same, hoping it would have some kind of effect on him.

He bent his knees, not moving, but trying to very desperately. Now was your chance! You grabbed your scythes and slashed them across his stomach repeatedly, Aguni kicking him onto the ground. Kuina jumped down from her position, using her own fighting style to attack him.

Unluckily, the poison had worn off of him and he quickly grabbed her leg and twisted it. You punched him, but he had kicked you away by your stomach. Usagi went down and attempted to strangle him. However, he took out his small knife and stabbed her leg. You shot his arm after reloading your gun, Akira searching the deep recesses of his mind for a solution to all this.

"No, I'm only going to be a burden. The best thing to do is nothing," he watched as all of you got badly injured.

"I've had enough!" You threw a grenade towards him. Of course, he had no choice but to run towards you. Aguni found out what you were doing, pushing him towards the store too. Arisu soon came out with a rifle in his hand. He shot through the King's arm, making him chase Arisu into the store.

Before he could think whether or not to go in with the chances of there being a trap, you quickly used the butt of your machine gun to force him inside the store, before closing and locking the door. "Aguni, Arisu, now!" You called at the top of your lungs.

You defended back down by jumping off the stairs. "Akira! We have to get them out of here now!" You instructed him. Akira lifted Kuina up since she was the closest to him and draped her arm over his shoulders, slightly carrying her away from the alley. You carried Heiya on top of your back, since she was unable to walk. You then picked Ann up into your arms and ran out of the arena with the heavy weight of both of the girls on your back. 

As for Usagi, she slowly limped outside with her arm pressed against your shoulder as she was the least injured among the few. 

"Huh, so the rumor about you being able to lift 120kg was right," Heiya remarked, before vomiting more blood.

"Do I look weak to you? Let me remind you that I single-handedly defeated the Jack of Spades, not to mention that Aguni admitted that I am of the same level as him." 

The explosion occurred, making you look towards the alley you were previously in. It blew up, pieces of big metal falling onto the ground there. "We got out of there just in time," you wiped off the sweat from your forehead. 

Kuina grabbed your hand tightly. Her head turned towards you. "Thank you, Yuki-Chan. It's because of you that I am still living. You too, Akira." She coughed out some blood. Her stomach got stabbed four times deeply, making her nearly unable to move, let alone speak.

"Kayami-san, you saved us. So did your brother. I will never forget you," Ann laid on a car, placing her hand on her bullet wound. 

"I will be eternally grateful towards you, Kayami-san!" Usagi managed to stand up, giving you a hug around your neck. 

Heiya, the most badly injured, looked up to you. "You...remind me of...Aguni-kun. Strong, courageous, and most of all, tough, like steel." She slightly smiled, reminiscing the time that Aguni had saved her before.

"You guys have saved me too before. These games aren't supposed to be cleared out of individual skill." You grinned. Then, you remembered what you wanted to request to them. "Ah! I remember! For my cards collection here, could you please hand me the cards you've earned?" You took out a small box with a lock on it, showing them the cards you had. The only ones missing were the Queen of Clubs, the Queen of spades, the Jack of diamonds, the King of clubs, the Queen of Hearts, the Queen of diamonds and the King of Hearts.

Kuina thought about it for a while before deciding that you were the safest person to keep the cards with, considering that you were the most able-bodied at the moment. Ann gave you the Queen and jack of diamonds, Kuina gave you the Queen of Clubs, Usagi handing to you the King of clubs and the Queen of spades. "We trust you with these cards, Yuki." Kuina patted your shoulder.

"I've to go now and talk to the King about something important." You dashed off with your machine guns in your hands. Your bullets were running out quickly, and you could only reload it three more times each before they ran out of ammo completely. Akira tagged along, despite having cuts and bruises all over his body, one of which was a bullet through his leg caused by the damned King.

"Wherever you go, be it heaven or hell, I'll make sure to go there too, sis!" He exclaimed.

When you arrived at the battle scene, you saw the King hand over a gun to Aguni, the barrel facing his head. He wanted Aguni to put him out of his misery. Aguni picked the gun up from his hand, having trouble with killing the King all of a sudden.

"Aguni, wait!" You shouted, running towards the King before he ran out of oxygen to talk. "King, do you know Kayami Akihiko by any chance? He's my elder brother." You knelt down to him, having a glimmer of hope in your eyes. They were both kings, so they should know each other at least. 

"So you're his younger sister? I thought so. I...can't tell you...anything," he had a slight sense of fear in his eyes. 

"Fuck!" You took your machine gun and put a bullet through his brain, ending his life before Aguni could react.

"King of Spades: Game clear. Congratulations." The woman's voice echoed from a speaker on the blimp. It exploded above you and Aguni, the King of spades card falling from the sky and onto your hand. You took out your velvet red box, placing it nicely inside with your collection of cards that Chishiya had entrusted to you. 

(I just noticed, and came to a conclusion that Kayami's favourite colour is red velvet. A lot of her belongings is red velvet in colour, and even her favourite ice cream flavor is red velvet! She's kinda like me. I love Rose Gold, and pretty much any shade of red.)

"Only the queen and king of hearts left," you mumbled. Aguni looked at your collection, before resting down on a car. 

"Kayami. You go and clear the King of Hearts against your brother without me," Aguni waved you off, slightly pushing you away.

"Why? Strong players like you should fight, until you drop dead no matter the circumstance," you fought back, trying to pull him to his feet but to no avail. 

"I...am not a strong person like you. I'm weak. My fire's burnt out. Your will to live is still so big. Go."

With tears falling down his face, Aguni pushed you out of his anguish. "See that I complete the game before nightfall. Then, we can all go home together." You waved your hand from behind you.

You quickly ran over to the Shibuya crossing where Chishiya said he would be. You climbed over a few cars that were stacked on top of each other, the different parts of the car in all different directions. You looked around the area, scanning for anything that might indicate Chishiya's whereabouts. "Shuntaro? Are you here?"

"Y-Yuki..." you heard a low voice mutter. You quickly ran behind a white car where you had heard your beloved's voice. You looked at his hoodie that was stained with blemishes and blood. Two bullets went through his body, though not his vitals. "Shuntaro! How the fuck are you still alive?" You opened his jacket up, checking his wounds.

"I don't know either. But, I didn't expect that to be the first thing you'd say to me," he chuckled. "So, you beat the King of Spades? I figured that Arisu would find good use with my ANFA bomb (correct me if I'm wrong). I suspect that you helped him." 

"Hey, don't forget about me!" Akira raised his hand into the air, limping towards where Chishiya was sitting down at. He checked out Chishiya's injuries, before asking, "How did you get this injured when you didn't even fight against the King? Look at my Sis, she's spotless! Other than the stabs and scratches and her rib cage that is close to breaking." 

"Niraigi. He challenged me to a game with Arisu. A Mexican standoff you could say." He answered his question before adding on, "He's over there by that black van." 

"I knew he'd have a bone to pick with you- wait. How's he still alive? I thought I had blown up the beach during the ten of hearts game." You paused for a second to think about the information you had just received. Chishiya sighed. "I also didn't expect him to still be breathing right now. It seems like the borderlands is far different from our real world."

"I'm gonna torture that bastard so badly, and leave him there in agony!" Akira walked over to the black van where the rapist was at. He did sexually assault you and Usagi, after all. So why not let your younger brother have some fun?

You sat down next to Chishiya, your body being a mix of red, brown and beige. "Shuntaro, what do we do now?"

"You should go to the king of hearts. I've got a feeling your brother's there waiting for you to go there. But if you feel like it, you can wait things out with your brother. You could say I'm slightly worried about you, so just go with your gut," Chishiya admitted, him looking away while he blushed bashfully.

"I'm prepared to face him. Would you like to come with me? You're a useful teamate, and you always save me!" You gripped onto his hand with both of yours. He declined, saying that hearts games were not his strong suit, but yours.

"Please. I need you in this game." You begged, rubbing his hands and trying to get him to stand up. 

"No. This is your game, Yuki." The same words as Aguni's spat out of his mouth. 

He took out his hoodie, throwing it at you. "Wear this. Right now, your clothes are too revealing." Putting it on, you took in his scent and hugged yourself with it.

Without any warning, the screens lit up with another urgent broadcast. "May any able-bodied players proceed to play the last two games, the King or Queen of hearts." The robotic female woman announced. 

You stood up slowly, looking towards the plane that held the King of hearts card. "I'm going there, and killing my brother with my own two hands." Chishiya turned his head to you, looking at the death glare in your eyes. He knew that this was something that had to be done by yourself, and he chose not to intervene with your business.

"Shuntaro, please take care of Akira. I'm not letting him join this game. It's too dangerous for him. I'm not letting him go in there, even if I have to break both of his legs," you told him. 

You went over to see that Akira was toying with Niragi, making him suffer even more than he already was. You pulled him aside, telling him what you were about to do. "Akira, I'm going to pay my elder brother a visit. Stay here with Shuntaro. I'll complete the game in the blink of an eye."

"Sis, no. If you're going to compete in a game, let alone against that Akihiko, I'm coming with you! I can't let you die! Do you know how guilty I will be if you don't come out of there alive?" He protested, clearly not pleased with what you were planning to do. 

"Akira, this is for your own safety—"

"Sis! I don't need your protection all the time! I can fend for myself! I'm following you if you go."

"Then, I'll break your legs here so you can't."

(Finally published a new chapter sorry for making you wait for so long!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.1K 44
Alice In Borderlands Season 1 and 2 completed Chishiya x Fem Reader ♡ ♢ ♤ ♧ Finding herself stuck in an upside-down world almost seems like a dream c...
48.7K 1K 20
Chishiya considered himself cold-hearted. Selfish even before the Borderlands happened. He had never met someone as difficult as the matters of the h...
77.4K 2.2K 25
Once a past candidate to fight for her life alongside her comrades who died. Setsuna Fuji who is a former player; now a resident in the Borderlands...
4.7K 182 21
"It's been days since the tag game, he played another game yesterday, a six-diamond game. He was there sitting at the top of a bridge. If this was th...