The Queen of Spades (promise...

By Kim9105

"Everybody had different pasts, experiences, and personalities, but the anguish we all felt were the same." K... More

Very short author's note
Part 1- newcomer arc: Chapter 1-The blackout
Chapter 2-Knowledge is key
Chapter 3-Meet-up
Chapter 4-Let the games begin
Chapter 5-Ambush
Part 2- beach arc:Chapter 6-Perfect cards, perfect duo
Chapter 7-Executive meeting
Chapter 8-Trust
Chapter 9-The human heart-something I can never understand
Chapter 10-Silent communication
Chapter 11-The militants
Chapter 12-Different perspectives
Chapter 13-A key source of information
Chapter 14-Perfect timing and perfect pawns
Chapter 15-Wild animals
Chapter 16-Treatment and rest
Part 3- ten of hearts arc: Chapter 17-Take control, or be in control
Chapter 18-Operation...fail?
Chapter 19-Mystery solved
Chapter 20-Blow your mind
Chapter 21-Unraveled secrets
Chapter 22-Stage two
Part 4- face card arc:Chapter 23-Surprise entrance
Chapter 24-Physical limit
Chapter 25-Watch your footing
Chapter 26-World domination
Chapter 27-Hunter or hunted
Chapter 28-Whole-heartedly
Chapter 29-Final stage
Chapter 30-Re-united
Chapter 31-outnumbered
Chapter 32-If they hit you, hit them back twice as hard
Chapter 33- Saviour
Extra chapter 34-a game with the King
Chapter 36-fight to the death
Chapter 37- Me, myself and I
Part 5-Akihiko arc:Chapter 38-repeating the past
Chapter 39-Betrayal
Chapter 40-high stakes
Chapter 41-kindness, or blindness?
Chapter 42-insanity
Chapter 43-save your tears
(Survivor arc) Chapter 44-familiar faces
Chapter 45-A New Job
Chapter 48-Yes
Chapter 49-significant other
(Citizen arc) Chapter 50-reborn
Chapter 51-dealers and players
Chapter 52- a new association
Chapter 53-secrets
Chapter 54-home sweet home
Chapter 55-high tensions
Chapter 56-teamwork makes the dreamwork
Extra note
Chapter 51-moving on
Chapter 52-Mansion of Monsters
Chapter 53-Worthy
Chapter 54-Bullseye
Chapter 55-A pound of flesh
Chapter 56-A cup of tea
Chapter 57-A new Beginning
Chapter 58-An encounter
Chapter 59-First move
Chapter 60-deadly secrets
Chapter 61-Uncertainty
The Queen of Hearts

Extra Chapter 35- teaser

214 5 4
By Kim9105

(Takes place in the timeline of chapter 22)

Before you left the subway station, you noticed a voice calling out your name. "Yuki! Little sis! I know you're out there somewhere!" You whipped your head back when you heard the voice of your name.

"Who...are you?" Your lips quivered at the familiar sight of someone you thought was dead.

"You can't possibly forget your elder brother, can you? It's me! Akihiko! Remember me? We used to invent devices together!" He laughed, pointing at the screen. The other four people stared at you in disbelief. He continued, "I can't wait for you to join my game! Just to let you know, I've been watching you this whole time, with Akira. You've exceeded my expectations!"

You stood there rooted to the ground speechlessly. You pulled out your machine gun from the holster keeping it in place. "Just what has happened to you over the years?" A tear rolled down your cheek. You least expected him to be apart of the games. 

"Let's have fun in the games together!" His voice got cut off, and the screen went completely blank. 

———————————————————-

"Hey, Akihiko! I'm back from school!" A 12-year old you waved to your brother aggressively, rushing towards your hideout where you called home.

"Hey! Why's it so quiet?" You asked, walking into the kitchen to look around for anybody. However, you failed to find any trace of either of your brothers. You dropped your school bag onto the ground , adjusting your uniform's skirt before skipping around the house. "Heyyy are you playing a prank on me? It's not going to work!" You called out, the only sound you could hear was your voice bouncing off the walls.

You heard the sound of running water coming from your bathroom. You tip-toed towards the source of the sound. You opened the door only to find your elder brother Akihiko pushing your five-year-old baby brother Akira into the bathtub, attempting to drown him. 

After a few seconds, Akira had given up on fighting back and laid as still as a log. You grabbed Akihito's wrists and pried them off of your younger brother. "What the fuck are you doing?" You shouted, carrying Akira out of the bathtub and onto the wet ground. Although your knee length stockings were wet, that was the least you could worry about.

Akihiko slowly rotated his head towards you, giving you a glare so horrifying it could scare you shitless. You stood up with Akira in your arms, stepping back slowly. Akihiko stood up on his feet, hands bloody. "Y-You're a-a psycho!" You pointed your finger at him, your pupils dilating. Your legs bent down under his intimidating height that was towering over you.

"Kill...kill...and only kill!" Murderous thoughts were the only thing on his mind. Had he gone mad? He sprinted towards you. You quickly dodged his attacks and kicked him onto the floor. You dashed out of the door, before slamming it shut. You blacked a broom onto the doorknob, preventing him from opening it. You then lifted Akira into your room. He was still unconscious, his eyes closed and mouth watering.

You placed him into your closet, hiding him away from the psychopath that was after you. You heard the door being broken down by a mallet. It was him. He soon stepped into your room. "You don't understand...do you?" He chuckled.

"I don't know if I became twisted because they bullied me or if they bullied me because I was twisted. Whatever, it doesn't matter, because I'm a psychotic serial killer either way!" He cackled, using his mallet to smash the glass items in your room. You quickly grabbed a sword when he was pouncing onto you.

(The song called psycho killer really matches this scene for some reason.)

He ran into it, looking down into his stab wound. His mouth began to ooze blood. He grinned with his dark eyes staring at you. You remembered every time when you would come home to find a rising pile of dead bodies, most of them being the students from school. "It was a big mistake to mess with me!" He even once kidnapped a girl who had rejected his offer to go out with him, raped her and then shot her in her head.

He was a psycho killer, there was no doubt about it. 

"I've never had a problem with you killing people or torturing them with me at all! In fact, I've been keeping quiet about it all along! But... why Akira?" You asked him.

"You have to collect from them before they get a chance to collect from you!" He responded, before trampling to the back, making there a hole in his stomach. He leaned back with his hands above his head, dropping dead. You only noticed what you had done when you heard the wails of Akira. You screamed in realization.

You had just killed your own brother.

"Brother...hurt...meh!" You managed to make out the words Akira was trying to tell you. "Shhh...it's okay. It's all okay now. Sis will take care of everything." You comforted him with a sweet tone. You brought him out to the television, and played his favorite cartoon show, Hamtaro. While he was watching and having fun, you dragged Akihiko by his leg out of your room, leaving behind a whole trail of blood behind you.

You bent down towards him, before saying, "Akihiko, you don't know how long I've been waiting to do this to you." You carried him on your shoulders, before throwing him into a garbage bag filled with water to remove the smell of the dead body. 

You threw it out into the huge garbage bin, wiping your hands and throwing away the rubber gloves you were wearing to get rid of any evidence. You cleaned off all the blood, making sure not to leave any trace of your elder brother. 

(Just to remind you that the borderlands lasted for 1 minute in real life so that's how he became a citizen of the borderlands!)

As for the other people, you innocently went to Akihiko's high school. Many students were giving you weird looks, thinking that you were the exact same as your crazy elder brother. However, you kindly showed them that you were the 'complete opposite' of him, showing off your artistic skills and social skills by communicating with students with an optimistic smile.

When you reached the principal's office, you told him with fake tears in your eyes, "M-My brother, Kayami Akihiko, has ran away from our home. I was unable to find him for the past two days." You pretended to blow your nose, but underneath your frown was an evil grin. (Inspiration is Esther from Orphan.) The principal patted your head, reassuring you, "It's okay. He was never a good student anyway. Accused of murder multiple times, but escaped with lots of cover ups. If you need any help, come to me. You seem different from him, which is good."

When the police came to your house to interview you, you had done all the preparations by discarding the dead bodies and making the hideout look like a nice little home. The police left without any suspicions or leads on all the deaths of the students, including your brother. 

Whilst in the toilet, you began sobbing all of a sudden. "What have I become?" You looked at your hands that murdered multiple people. You then heard the dark voice in your head tell you, "You've evolved into a new, advanced version of yourself." You could not touch it, but you could feel it. It could not talk, yet you heard it. You could not see it, but you sensed it very strongly.

The monster in you builder after every passing day, making you lose your mind every now and then.

"When did I say that I did't like this version of myself?"

————————————————-

"Akihiko? Who is he? He sounds oddly familiar..." Akira questioned you. 

"Well, he's our dead brother, to put it shortly."

"What?" Akira raised his hands into the air furiously. "And you didn't tell me that we had an elder brother all this time? I thought we promised not to hide things from each other! Yuki!" You looked down, considering if you should tell him exactly what happened between the two of you. 

"Yuki! Answer me! Who is this—"

"He's a psycho killer! He tried to drown you! He tried to kill me! All I did was protect you from him! I promise, when the time comes, I'll explain about him, okay?" You put your hands onto his shoulders, fear rising in your eyes. He looked at your terrified look, choosing to keep quiet as he knew you were really serious about it.

The other three adults looked very confused as to who he was, but kept their mouths shut because they knew that there was something off about him, judging by the fear in your tone when you talked about him, or even the words you said about him attempting to kill his own blood.

You took in a few deep breaths, before walking back up to Chishiya's side. "I'll explain everything later when we get back to have some rest." 

"Who knew that you had an elder brother who was the King of Hearts? Seems like this serial killer and psychotic game master thing runs in the family." 

You chuckled, grabbing out your weapons. 

"I'm so ready to kill him for a second time."

(The King of hearts has been revealed??)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 96 7
** I do not own Alice in Borderland or any of the characters. I only own Daigo Kana. That being said, this story roughly follows the timeline of the...
33.5K 1.2K 17
β€žYou're not mad at me for what I did weeks ago right?" he scoffs β€žDon't think you have such a big impact on me, to remember you for more then two day...
104K 3K 20
THE WHITE QUEEN ❝ She believes, in borderland, I'm safe away from everyone. She would eliminate anyone that would ca...
174K 4K 50
Tokyo is engulfed in a lonely darkness and you're forced into deathly games. You don't know what this place is but you know you have to survive. But...