Avatar: The Legend Of Korra a...

By LegendOfAlpine

A thing I wrote a while ago following the basic storyline of ATLOK's season 4, but with the ending completely... More

Chapter 1. Kiriko
Chapter 2. Katsuo
Chapter 3. Kiriko
Chapter 4. Katsuo
Chapter 5. Kiriko
Chapter 6. Katsuo
Chapter 7. Kiriko
Chapter 8. Katsuo
Chapter 9. Kiriko
Chapter 10. Katsuo
Chapter 11. Kiriko
Chapter 12. Katsuo
Chapter 13. Kiriko
Chapter 15. Kiriko
Chapter 16. Katsuo
Chapter 17. Kiriko
Chapter 18. Katsuo
Chapter 19. Kiriko
Chapter 20. Katsuo

Chapter 14. Katsuo

39 2 0
By LegendOfAlpine

Jinora: Korra, you have to go stop Su before she does something terrible.

Katsuo: There's no need. I already warned them via radio, but it sounds like they were expecting Su to be afraid of a fair fight.

Korra: Good thinking, Katsuo!

Katsuo: Thanks!

The speakers in zaofu suddenly came on.

Kuvira: Attention, citizens of Zaofu. Your leader, Suyin Beifong, attempted to attack me tonight while I slept, ignoring the terms of our truce. Luckily, I now have her and her assault team in custody.

Katsuo: Take that, deceitful coward.

Kuvira: Rest assured that I will not take revenge on the peaceful citizens of zaofu, as long as your remaining representatives meet me outside the city at dawn to offer the full and unconditional surrender of your city to unite the earth empire. That is all.

Opal: We have to go break out mom and my brothers.

Jinora: You swore an oath of nonaggression when you became an airbender. You can't just attack Kuvira.

Korra: Jinora is right. Your mom attacked the camp. And during a truce, no less! Kuvira was just defending herself.

Katsuo: Your mom is a deceitful coward, and so are Wing and Wei. They deserve everything that's coming to them and more. If you're actually thinking of helping them, then so do you.

Korra: Katsuo and I will go talk to Kuvira at dawn, and maybe we can work something out. I promise I'll do everything I can to keep the peace.

Opal: I'll go with you.

Katsuo, Korra, and Opal met Kuvira and her army in the valley by zaofu. Suyin, Wing, and Wei were there too, unharmed.

Kuvira: I've already laid out my terms, and they're very reasonable. Su tried to take me out during our peaceful negotiations. Now turn over zaofu.

Korra: I can't just let you take the city.

Kuvira: Korra, you are interfering with internal earth empire business and letting your personal feelings get in the way of reason. Zaofu cannot continue to rule itself. They have been hoarding their riches and technology too long. I'm here to distribute those resources fairly throughout the nation. This is about equality. The only way you're going to keep me from marching into zaofu is if you physically stop me. Now what are you going to do?

Korra: It looks like you're not giving me a choice.

Kuvira: Fine.

Kuvira turned to address the mass of earth empire soldiers.

Kuvira: I want you all to know that I would never ask any of you to do something that I'm not willing to do myself. So rather than risk your lives, I will fight the Avatar one-on-one.

Kuvira turned back around to face Korra.

Kuvira: Korra, if you win, then you can do whatever you want with zaofu. But after I beat you, I want you out of my business for good. I'm the one who brought peace to the earth empire, not you. You're not relevant here anymore.

Korra: Fine. You want to fight the Avatar? Then let's finish this right here, right now!

Opal: Don't mess around. Kuvira is too good. Just go into the Avatar state and get it over with.

Katsuo: OPAL! The avatar state is CHEATING! What is WRONG with you!?

Opal seemed stunned by Katsuo's sudden outburst.

Korra: Kastuo's right. I'm only going to use that as a last resort.

Kuvira: It's fine. Use whatever you want, all the elements, the Avatar state, anything you need. I know you're a little rusty.

Korra: Enough talk.

Korra fired two jets of flame at Kuvira, who sidestepped the first and ducked under the second, slightly off guard. Then Korra flings an arc of fire at her.

After numerous failed attacks, Korra was knocked backwards. Kuvira flung two metal clasps at Korra's extended wrist and ankle and used them to fling her tumbling through the air. Korra crashed to the ground, tumbling to a stop and momentarily unmoving.

The soldiers in Kuvira's army cheered loudly, including Kiriko. Kuvira straightened up and resumed her fighting pose with a disinterested look on her face.

Kuvira: Looks like the Avatar is a little off her game.

Korra got up and launched several bursts of fire at Kuvira, but Kuvira moved the earth under Korra, causing her to lose balance, and knocked her down with a rock to the chest.

Korra shot a couple more fire and air blasts, but Kuvira dodged them all and trapped Korra's foot in the ground before blinding her with a metal band and hitting her again with a rock.

Korra rised to her feet once more and fired another fire blast at Kuvira, but Korra was still losing the fight. Kuvira turned the ground under Korra's feet, so that she faced the other way. Korra recovered but Kuvira bent a metal plate around Korra's ankle, somersaulting her through the air, falling down a few yards away.

Kuvira: Come on, Avatar. Get up. Show me what you've got.

Suyin: You have to go into the avatar state! Do it!

Kiriko yelled at Suyin.

Kiriko: QUIET!

Korra suddenly went into the avatar state. Korra jumped up, taking an enormous boulder with her, and prepared to crush Kuvira. But then, Korra panicked and dropped the boulder, falling helplessly to the ground.

Kuvira shot two plates of metal at Korra at Korra's wrists and slammed her into the ground, trapping her in a mound of earth.

Kuvira: I knew you were weak.

Kuvira walked closer with six metal plates sharp as the edge of a blade, prepared to kill Korra.

Katsuo: Looks like Kuvira wins.

Opal sent a blast of air at Kuvira, catching her off guard and knocking her over. She rose and angrily yelled at Opal.

Kuvira: You broke our agreement!

Kuvira addressed her army.

Kuvira: Attack!

Katsuo was absolutely stunned and fed up with Opal. Right when she thought the metal clan members couldn't get any worse, they did.

Opal: We need to call for help. I'll keep them back.

Opal got ready to airbend but Katsuo slammed Opal into the ground and encased her whole body except for her head in earth.

Katsuo: Opal, I can't BELIEVE you! Kuvira won the fight fair and square, now you all need to stay out of her business like agreed! WHY ON EARTH would you try to interfere with the fight!? When it looked like Korra might win, you didn't see the earth empire soldiers stepping in! And as a matter of fact, you didn't either! I can't believe you Opal, you SPOILED, SELFISH, HYPOCRITICAL, BRAT!

The earth empire soldiers rushed over and detained Opal, chaining her up beside Suyin, Wing, and Wei.

Korra: Katsuo, why are you doing this?

Katsuo: And as for you, Korra, Kuvira won. You had better stay out of her business now.

Korra looked shocked by the sudden switching sides of her old friend. Katsuo did feel a bit guilty about having to hurt Korra, but it was for the greater good.

Katsuo: I'm sorry Korra. But I have to do what I know is right.

Unfortunately, Korra escaped. But that didn't change Kuvira's surefire victory.

Katsuo: Korra lost the fight. As promised, she had better stay out of earth empire business.

Kuvira: Zaofu is ours!

Katsuo: Darn right, it is.

On the way into zaofu, Kiriko talked to Katsuo.

Kiriko: Your switching of sides was sudden, so it might take Kuvira some time to get around it, but your heart has been in the right place. It's not your fault you ended up tied up with THEM.

Kiriko looked over at Suyin, Wing, Wei, and Opal with a look of hostility on her face.

Katsuo: You're right. Thanks Kiriko.

Kiriko: And what's this, by the way?

Kiriko motioned to the topknot hairpin.

Kiriko: I didn't know you like topknots. Stealing my style, are you?

Katsuo: No, it's not that. It's just- back in republic city, after the coronation, I came across a stand of Kuvira supporters. There were a bunch of people buying shirts with Kuvira's picture on them, and they were selling these too. The idea of wearing a topknot, and the fact that the hairpin had an earth empire logo on it, it made me think of you.

When they arrived at zaofu, Kuvira, Baatar Jr, Kiriko, and Katsuo stood in front of the citizens. Kuvira addressed the crowd of citizens.

Kuvira: Bring the citizens of Zaofu to kneel before The Great Uniter. All who pledge their loyalty to me will keep their freedom and be dealt with fairly as full citizens of the earth empire. The rest will be imprisoned as traitors, like Su Beifong and her sons and daughter. Now bow.

Everyone in the crowd bowed without hesitation, except for Baatar Sr and Huan. Baatar Jr stormed over to them, furious.

Baatar Jr: Bow to her! Do it! She is your rightful leader!

They refused to bow and said nothing.

Baatar Jr: Take them away!

Two mecha suits came over and chained up Baatar Sr and Huan, putting them with Suyin, Wing, Wei, and Opal.

Baatar Jr: All hail the Great Uniter!

The crowd cheered enthusiastically.

Later, Baatar Jr reported to Kuvira, Kiriko, and Katsuo that Varrick, Bolin, and Zhu Li had blown themselves up, getting away. Kuvira played with a piece of meteorite, effortlessly bending it into different shapes with one hand.

Kuvira: Are you sure there's no way they survived?

Baatar Jr: Positive, but I think I can replicate his work with the spirit vines and get us back on track. I'll just need an assistant.

Kiriko looked over at Katsuo.

Kiriko: Katsuo, this is your chance.

Kuvira: How would you like to help Baatar build the most powerful weapon the world has ever seen?

Katsuo: It would be my honor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.8K 39
Note: mature, smutty content! Story takes place within the LoK season 4 timeline and beyond. Akemi, a highly skilled inventor and mechanics designer...
127K 4K 86
PLEASE READ. So, this is the story that I mentioned in chapter seventy-two of my first LoK story. Alot of you seemed to like the idea, so here it is...
12.1K 559 24
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
641K 19.7K 52
Kai is a disgraced outcast from the Earth Kingdom. Scarred and banished as a child when she wasn't ready to complete the mission that she was born an...